I have a 2010 sentra and today when i wanted to start the engine it makes a very loud knocking / mechanical noise...

I have a 2010 sentra and today when i wanted to start the engine it makes a very loud knocking / mechanical noise. Please help...

youtu.be/7FpDiYal1pQ

Sounds like rod knock, if so you're fucked.

Maybe an exhaust leak if you're lucky.

>knock knock
>who's there?
>your rods

Welp... guess i should swap for new engine do you guys know a good site i can buy from?

Local pick and pull or nearest scrapper that deals in Nissans.

You want to pay as little shipping as possible.

Sounds fucked op.
Source one from a local scrap yard or order one for cheap. Simple google search should net you some results.

>You want to pay as little shipping as possible.
Gonna second this. Engines are heavy bastards and shipping them is a pain in the ass.

I found an engine at my local junkyard how do i make sure this is not fucked ether? Or am i just playing russiam roulutte?

;_; halp me i just paid this shite off too

Well that sucks.
A used engine is always a gamble, but if the car it came out of still ran there's a good chance you'll be fine. Make sure you have some idea of what you're doing or get it professionally installed, but be prepared to pay a lot for that. An engine swap isn't a small job, so labor will be expensive.

In short you don't but some places have a sort of 'warranty' or garuntee that it was running before pulled.

Never buy a used engine unless it's rare or ridiculously expensive. Get a reman engine.

Where i get rebuild engine? Any links?

How often have you been changing the oil? Don't lie, you're anonymous.

Often i swear

How many miles, user?

Again google a local rebuilder or a rebuilder who specializes in Nissan engines.

If it were american, you could easily get a short block from O'reilly's but not sure they deal in oem Jap engines.

Thats's not our job.

Every 2k or so i have all service records

If you are really lucky you don't realize it's just an exhaust leak and replace the rod bearings like a retard.

>MR20DE
>French Engine

No surprise, probably was 2-3 quarts low.

LKQ has good engines guaranteed to run.

Honestly OP you need to take it to a proper mechanic before buying an engine.

Its really hard to tell whats going on in your video as the audio sucks.

Why would you pay that much when there is an 80% chance the junkyard one will be completely fine and a 19% chance it will be easily repaired for way less than a reman if something is wrong. Especially in a sentra it's not a fucking Ferrari.

>every 2k
Now I know you're lying.

I financed this shit of a car why would i neglect it?

Because poorfags buy nissans. People that are more well off buy better cars that depreciate slower.

They all give you a 30 day warranty, so don't dawdle on the install.

Nissan's are the worst thing you can buy if you're not getting at least an Altima. Sentra's and below are total shit.

You get ugly fucking tin can that doesn't even have the reliability or build quality of a Toyota or Honda.

hey user don't worry you'll be able to get that rod knock fixed at a guaranteed low price.

>lol no you're fucked

>nissan scum

>buying a rental car