Why wasn't pasta more popular throughout Europe in the middle ages/Renascence...

Why wasn't pasta more popular throughout Europe in the middle ages/Renascence? Surely other countries had plenty of contact with Italy and would like to use their grains for something other than bread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/food/the-history-kitchen/uncover-the-history-of-pasta/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasta#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is my favorite food but some people don't like it. They consider it a side dish.

Why weren't burgers more popular throughout the dark ages?

because the earl of sandwich wasn't born yet.

Was he really the first guy to slap something between bread? Seems like one big meme to me.

And if so why is he not considered a god among men?

He is.

Christopher Colombus hadn't brought noodle technology back from the New World yet.

China.

You could throw that question to some other Pasta/Wheat People: how Chinks dont have bread.

They do. You were memed by Chinese Southern Immigrants (who make half the world's Chinese immigrants in the 19th Century) to think that they all are rice niggers. The founders of Chinese culture lived in the Wheat-Producing North. They were munching on pasta/bread before rice.

Japan is stranger IMO. Literally lived alongside fucking China for millenia but only discovered bread when the Portuguese brought it to them. Holy shit.

False

Contrary to popular belief Marco Polo did not "bring" pasta back from China

He clearly describes a primitive form of lasagna served in medieval Italy when comparing it to a local noodle dish in China

Like all Roman accomplishments it was lost. Hence the name Dank Ages

pretty sure variants of steamed bread is common throughout asia, bread is just side dish

>not having bread as the main course
Capitalist pig

Tomato.

It actually was quite popular. There are pasta cookbooks from that period, even in England.

>He clearly describes a primitive form of lasagna served in medieval Italy when comparing it to a local noodle dish in China

>It actually was quite popular. There are pasta cookbooks from that period, even in England.

People, people! Citations please!

FUCK i'm hungry now

what?

for bread, except in elaborate Dim Sum sets, or occasional snacks like Bak Pao or Mantau, chinese people mostly eat rice and noodles

stop memeing

Sure:

Pasta: The Story of a Universal Food by Silvano Serventi and Françoise Sabban, 2002.

I heard the name carbonara comes from the carbon which would form in roman soldiers helmets while they were cooking it.

>people in England were eating pasta and had recipes in 2002

woah

Carbonara, like most pasta recipes, developed in relatively recent times. It's called like that because it was a popular dish amongst coal (Italian "carbone") miners

Bump

it was common as a soldiers ration since it could be dried. it just wasn't as popular like we know it today

I don't even know why people would think water and flour is something only the chinese figured out
pbs.org/food/the-history-kitchen/uncover-the-history-of-pasta/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasta#History