Destiny General - /dg/

Recent info:

>The Dawning Destiny's newest event has just been announced will start December 13th and will end on January 3rd 2017
Trailer for The Dawning:youtu.be/YFupqkY8Q8w

77 hours stream for emblem: AFK streaming does count for progression, go wild.
SRL: Soon™

This Week at Bungie:bungie.net/en/News/Article/45485
>>>RESET INFOLINKS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SK50YoUcFhA
bungiestore.com/collections/the-dawning-collection
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/12/03/extensive-screens-and-info-emerge-for-destiny-s-the-dawning-event.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for best girl

Looks like Chroma is coming back as well.

The Dawning

Content:

>New Sparrows
>3(?) Sets for each Class
>New Horns
>2 New SRL Tracks
Old Russia - Plaguelands
Mercury - ???
>2(3?) SIVA'd Strikes
Will of Crota - SIVA
The Shadow Thief - SIVA
The Nexus - Taken?
>2 New Exotics, 1 brought to year 3.
Voidlord
Solarlord
Icebreaker
>At least 7 new Ornaments
The Last Word
Thorn
Red Death
Icebreaker
>New Quests
>New Shaders
>New Emblems

Features:

>SRL
>Strike Scoring
>Strike Medal System
>Gifts
>Treasures

youtube.com/watch?v=SK50YoUcFhA
bungiestore.com/collections/the-dawning-collection

Also SRL private matches that will stay after the 3rd

dead game

Repostan my babby

Abbadon
Cold Between Stars
Addendum
Nova Mortis
Steel Witch

How the fuck are people any good with hand cannons
They really just seem like scout rifles but lower fire rate and harder to land precisions
I'm really trying to like my hawkmoon but I can't ;-;

Nexus confirmed to be updated as well.

I wonder if the fire and solar lord variants are ornaments that work similar to Murmur
Pace shots and stay in mid range of target

>Strike Scoring is enabled when you play the SIVA Crisis playlist, Heroic SIVA Crisis playlist, and the weekly Nightfall. And while many of the strikes you’ll be playing will be familiar, Bungie is also revising and releasing three old favorites strikes, now with a SIVA theme; The Nexus, Will of Crota, and The Shadow Thief are all getting the reprised treatment.

>To accompany Strike Scoring, for the first time, Zavala will offer bounties related to making your way through strikes, not unlike the bounties you get from Variks for runs at Prison of Elders. By participating in these bounties, players can acquire one of the long-absent exotic weapons that dominated Year 1 play – the exotic sniper rifle, Ice Breaker, now redesigned and light-boosted for Year 3 play. Players have a chance for Ice Breaker to drop when completing Zavala's Nightfall bounty.

>That’s not the only exotic weapon that Guardians can pursue. Two new exotic quests are being introduced with The Dawning, resulting in two new exotics that riff off an existing weapon. The Solarlord and Voidlord are both machine guns for your heavy slot, and they offer elemental variations on the familiar Thunderlord.

>Players have a chance for Ice Breaker to drop when completing Zavala's Nightfall bounty.
>nightfall bounty
>RNG like Thorn bounty

aahahahahahaha get cucked.

Shut the fuck up Matt

link?

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/12/03/extensive-screens-and-info-emerge-for-destiny-s-the-dawning-event.aspx

>He didnt get his thorn bounty week 1
That must has been rough

>Kabr's Aegis shield

They might be the same weapon (which I doubt) but they're probably not the thunderlord.

Y3 Icebreaker, fuck yes

>irrelevant and useless weapon being brought back for Y3

yipee

i guess we'll get pocket in april

>Kojima comes on to talk about death stranding.
>We prepared a special trailer for you.
>Its the same trailer as before.
>Just a new song.
>People scream and clap and shout "Best thing ever!"

Kojima really is a fucking hack.

/dead game general/

>no explosive rounds
>fakebringer

>MFW matt goes full reddit

Bungie sneaks in a new festival of the cost, Christmas edition
>"Shit guys, the fans are going to be mad at us that our promised new content paid for by micro transactions is just another excuse to sell micro transactions"
>"That's ok just bundle it with SRL"
>"But that has micro transactions as well"
>"Ok whatever just pick an old gun from year one, make it so there is a lot of grinding missions attached to it and we will claim it's new missions"
>"Oh remember that strike we took out? Bring that content we took out back slightly altered and we will call it new content"
>"Won't people be mad at this"
>"No most of our loudest fans come from reddit and will shit on and ban anyone that complains about this game"

Fuck heroics

>being such a pve shitter you hate heroics
how the mighty have fallen rip /dg/ 2014-2015

nani?!

downvoted

taking that Reddit gold away

Oh MattWGordon you renegade you.

reddit user matt w gordon

LOL that's our Matt. This general wouldn't be what it is today without people like you!

>This is all matt will ever be know for.
Pretty fuckin sad

maybe they'll bring back pocket infinity along with the new raids! yay i can't wait to grind for fatebringer and other shit again

Pls no bully.

Matt just stop thanks.

Signed,
Veeky Forums

Wow they all look like shit

white icebreaker is ok, rest look like shit.

>along with the new OLD raids!

fixed

Is icebreaker even relevant anymore. How often do you run out of sniper ammo in a raid? Every boss you unload and usually ammo up by the time its damage phase again. Plus you are chained to whatever the regen rate is which won't be as fast as its first iteration and might even be slower than the patched one.

Icebreaker served one purpose and only one purpose. To cheese the oracles in the Vault of Glass hard mode. Other than that it's useless and better options exist.

They just showed a Rise of Iron pre-order trailer, complete with the "Coming September 20th" date.

kek.

so it'll be a useless gun to grind for, kinda like the Thorn bounty.

>finally get thorn bounty
>do it in one day
>shard it in under an hour once it's confirmed shit

IS THAT ICE BREAKER

Yes. It's coming back.

Also SRL private matches after the event

The problem with these guns is you get them way too late in your destiny career where none of them serve a purpose. Imagine if they implemented a way for you to get a lot of these exotics at different points of progression so you would actually use them at times and for some kind of nostalgic bond to them? I have played since day 1 and I probably never fired 90% of the exotics despite owning them all.

>they're finally updating my favorite strike

yesss

TANIX HAS NO SIVA

nexus?
but that's KA-BEER'S shield like someone said...what

also

>ka-BEER

fuck you in the eye BUNGO

Please tell me it's not actually called Solarlord. It should obviously be called Flamelord or Firelord.

I wonder if the drought will get so bad they will have to remake strikes a second time

"Oh no the Taken are back and have brought back Sepiks Prime you must stop him once and for all!"

It should be called flaming lord like the average /dg/ user.

Voidlord should be Darklord or something too.

Solar is the name of the element in Destiny and they're too stupid to realize that they called the arc one Thunderlord so it shouldn't matter. But here we are.

Come to think of it, these are the same people that chose the name Sunbreaker for the new Titan subclass.

11 new Sparrows.

>only 2 look good

they've really outdone themselves

>default model sparrows again

Thank fuck.

watch Glimergold be PS exclusive

I hope you can still get the older sparrows from last year's event. There's a few I've had my eyes on, but I didn't want to shell out the cash for RNG boxes.

it'll be treasure box exclusive. its got the markings of the event so have fun paying for it goyim.

Solarlord: Abbadon

Voidlord: Nova Mortis

so are they ornaments or are they new exotics?

>The Solarlord and Voidlord are both machine guns for your heavy slot, and they offer elemental variations on the familiar Thunderlord.

They're weapons, not ornaments.

in b4 hundreds of posts and youtube videos of "i've spent hundreds and didn't get shit wtf fix this". every fucking time.

goddamn this faggot aspie community.

Sparrow racing is back, I'll take a break from 24/7 titanfall and play, get some new armor and then be done again till the next update.

idk why people have to get salty

>there are gift boxes to open every day from Dec. 13 to Jan 3. in the Tower

really want people to show up every day don't they

then they're even lazier than i thought because those both look super plain and boring. at least they changed the sound i guess.

...the fuck does that have to do with anything? The saltiness comes from people throwing money into RNG and they being angry and surprised that they didn't get shit.

Not your casual changing of games or whatever you spend your damn time with.

>people mad they aren't getting MORE stuff along with free content.

a bunch of reskins isn't much to be excited about.

people sure enjoyed cod and pokememe

>New maps
>re worked strikes
>new PVE content
>reskins/variants
>more customization options
>all free

Not asking anyone to get excited, but seriously. Why bitch about the rng shit if it's optional

Well, some people are excited about running old raids, again, for shit they grinded for.

mental illness is real.

There better be a way to earn more than one sparrow this year.
There is no way in hell anyone is going to spend 50 bucks to get those shit reskins.

>There is no way in hell anyone is going to spend 50 bucks to get those shit reskins.

Are you serious? I'm sure there's a shitload of people with their parent's/stream viewers money ready to buy this shit. Just like the last event.

name a video game that does not reuse assets

Anyone with any sense then.

Still no Y3 Necrochasm
I can dream can i

to the extent bungie does? I have a hard time naming one.

a bunch of studios doing it doesn't mean its okay or worthwhile.

Assassins creed?
Halo(any of them)?
Cawadoody(again. Pick one.)
Every racing game ever?

Any mmo dev
Any fighting game
Any Nintendo game

>check thread
>mattwfaggot vomiting info that's already out there

>no new models
thx bungo

don't think the live team can make "new"

The game is at most nine months away from getting kicked and replaced with Destiny 2.

I'm surprised they even put in the effort to make the spiky looking armor sets for the winter event, I absolutely expected not a single new item at all.

>FINALLY legendary tengu operant
>not ok or worthwhile
Frig off.

Bleh, I was mostly interested for saving inventory space.

oh that's right they promised to increase vault space

No they didn't. They said they'd look into a solution.

Actually some it wasn't compiled, but okay.

I do this so others here don't have to search multiple sites.

keep doing it, this place is fucking dead otherwise and some of us can't be bothered to read reddit or whatever place is posting this shit.

For a first look at the new maps, a couple posts down with Nolan Gould
facejew /DestinyTheGame

rejoice

>Holiday Kiosk

Based.

Why don't they call it a Christmas kiosk?

Because it's not just a christmas kiosk? it's the same one for the FoTL

WE CAN BE CLOAK-LESS WARLOCKS