>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
>SEM 3.0 Location poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazO824cHFQyqffI1sxMTwJVxVF_ZgZXGk5I5Dw1_NAvemDg/viewform#responses

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lIfcvC3e3KY
youtu.be/Fbpv5TIVKg8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

honda

Looking for a no supermotos
>no dirtbikes
>no SV650/ER6
>no 125cc except Grom
V2 would be nice, preferably not as cruiser

>Grom 125
+fun lil pitbike for innacity fun and shenanigans
- worried I'll ride it on the limit too often, dunno how good that is for a small engine

>Ninja/CBR 250
>ZXR400
+more versatile than a 125
- main bike is already sportbike

>Virago XV 535
+ something completly different
+ V2 sound
- pigfat
- handling

>SV650
+ V2 sound
- too common and boring

What's your current bike?
Hornet 600 is a classic.

GSXR 750
Not looking for replacement, just want a fun sidebike for commuting, city riding, visiting friends.

Good suggestion but 600cc i4s would feel too similar. Preferably V2 naked or

GS500

If there are some v2 bikes in your area you could go and test ride them pretending you'll buy them. That, or go to dealers.
Any reason why you want sub-650cc? Super Duke 1290 is supposed to be crazy. Try a 690, maybe.

Thinking about getting a aussie postie bike for commuting into Uni and Work, is this a bad idea or should I just get a 250cc.

Turbo Busa

lel

the 690duke would be cash, too pricey for a sidebike tho.

>Any reason why you want sub-650cc
yeah I'm just looking for something cheaper/comfier to put my commuter/city riding miles on and preserve the GSXR for my actual trips and going fast n shit

>commuter

GS500

> commuter
SV650N. Exotic usually isn't a great idea for a commuter. Boring is good.
I'd have said GS 500 or CB 500 but with FI it seems your fuel consumption is even lower.

pls not again

thanks man I'm knowing all the common bikes. I'm looking for something more obscure. Bandit/SV/Hornet/parallel twins or anything you see more often are eh

Maybe something like a monster 600 but I heard it's a moneypit if shit happens.

Alright, my friend is restricted to A2 and wants to buy a bike to cruise-travel around. He wants to buy a cruiser but I told him to buy a dual sport touring bike instead.

What are his options? Talking 250-300/400cc. Something cheap but good and reliable.

m8 I thought you're looking for a commuter, and one that's not too expensive at that. If you want something exotic, you're going to have to shell out one way or another, and potentially risk your bike not working a lot of the time (see: Ducucki).

youtu.be/lIfcvC3e3KY

Shiver? Vtr250?
Seems like the VTR would be perfect for you
>V-twin
>cheap to run, cheap to repair
>not a sport bike

I was on a five-lane city street (middle was turning), and I was in the left hand lane. I was about at the rear bumper of the F150 (who was in the right-hand lane), when the car in front of them decided to take a right. The F150 didn't want to slow down, so they slammed on the breaks and jerked the wheel to the left. I was nearing the side driver door when this happened, and couldn't react in time (we were doing around 40). I hit the side door and/or the left fender. My bike spun-out and I went tumbling.

I had a complete break of the tibia and fibula (clean, lateral break), as well as my collarbone. I've gone through surgery, where they stuck a titanium rod down my shin-bone and some lateral screws to hold it in place.

Thank god I was completely geared-up, but they had to cut off my motorcycle boots and titanium/denim jeans (which was completely armored, as well). Looking at the state of my helmet, gloves (titanium knuckles), shoes, pants, and jacket (leather with reinforced armor) things could have been a lot worse. Probably skin graphs.

Besides all that, I got home a little over 15 hours ago, now it's all about recovery.

I've got a question, though. How should I proceed? Get a lawyer? Go straight to my insurance company? I don't know. I've never been in this type of situation before.

Hey guys Ive never posted in DBT so dont hate me for this question if its been answered already.
What do you guys think of pic related? Its the Yanaha XSR900. I have fallen for this bike and everyone has nothing but good to say about it. I will be saving my septims for one and test riding when next spring/ summer hits. Good or bad bros?

>Be American
>Don't get shot
>Find another way to hurt yourself
Errytime

Shitpost on a Vietnamese crochet board

They're not selling very much here in europe because it's an old design, so maybe you can get a good deal on a new model if you play around with the dealer

It's literally an MT-09 which is a bike with an extremely strong engine but one of the world's worst suspensions. Even riding the MT-07 can be scary but the 09 takes it to a whole nother level. Basically get an SV650. failing that, consider suicide

yeah but mainly a fun side bike that I can use to commute, not purely a commuter or I'd go with a cheap gs500.

ayy thanks m8, the VTR is exactly what I'm looking for, didn't have that on my radar.

> buys new bike as his first
> incomplete gear
> no clutch control
> trying to turn staying upright
> target fixation
> panic gas and clutch dump
Why are anglos so shit at riding?

I highly doubt a VTR would be funner than an SV but hey, it's your money.

the accidental honks always get me

fuck off mohammad

>125 cc
>still too much to handle
God fucking dammit

> riding
> turn
> go to turn off indicators
> accidentally press horn button
> meep

> riding with tank bag
> turn full lock
> meeeeeeeeep
> wtf who is honking at me and why? I'm signalling and everything.
> oh wait it's me

kill me.

You won't find a ZXR400
You won't have fun on a grom after two weeks
Virago too slow

I can ride a sv650 anytime, every third guy owns one. I prefer a bike that's not around every corner

Damn.....Didnt expect to hear that. Im in the States though. I heard they were a bit better in the suspension department and throttle programming than the 09.

don't ask other people what to buy then lol

see in my experience groms are boring and SV650s are fun but I don't pretend to understand the average man.Most people seem to really like groms.

see I'm just incapable of understanding why this matter, maybe one day when we invent marix plugs I can see life through your eyes and figure out why that matters but I don't think I'll ever crack it until then.

>he doesn't know the never-ending amount of keks that comes with riding a 250
It's ridiculous. You go WOT, the bike screams and you accelerate on slightly faster than the riced out golf next to you
And then you get to a corner and barely touch the bars and the bike drops into knee-drag territory

You forgot the worst offender
>testride honda
>turn
>meeeeeeep
>meep
>mip
>oh, right

I don't understand this meme.

My mate rides a VTR and although this may be the case with many other 250s, the VTR more like a cuckboi racer styled bike and you'll scrape pegs before you get anywhere knee drag territory

honda started swapping horn and indicator positions on new bikes for no apparent reason.

As best as I can tell it's because they're fucking retards.

What the fuck.

>How should I proceed?
Get back on a bike faggot. No excuses.

???
My suzuki has them like that too

>cuck boy 500
>gay squid 500
>nigga 500
why do the big 3 make such shit 500s

STRIPLE
T
R
I
P
L
E

yes now look at a NEW honda you stupid fuck

>You won't find a ZXR400
are they considered rare? might look into this again

you don't need to understand, I'm just sick of seeing it. It's not appealing to me.
Also can't do sidewalks, parks, innacity shenanigans with a big ass SV. That's why I said Grom is the only 125cc I'd choose.

things are getting out of hand now

What the fuck.

Why, Honda. Why.

P sure a zxr400 will be less comfortable than your gixxer

I assumed you were American
SV smashes sidewalks
the grom is a terrible bike, ask anyone who has bought one. Unless you live in bangkok and have to commute through monkey infested streets it's seriously not worth getting the $8,000 MSRP grom

yeah that's why I ruled it out in the first place.
eh fuck it, I'll take all suggestions and decide later or something.

would have looked at used groms around 2k.
but yeah I'm already worried I'd ride near its limit all the time so I don't think I will get one.

maybe just wanna wait what pops up near me and do shitton of testrides in spring.

cheers buddys

stephen hawking in his electric wheelchair can ride on sidewalks, what makes you think any normal bike can't?

Is this some kind of brain conditioning thing where you're not used to seeing it so you don't think you can? you can.

>Trying to turn staying upright
All your other points are on the mark except this one. He's travelling Start with way too much throttle
>Poor clutch control
>Shoot off faster than expected
>Turn radius is already too wide
>Panic that you're running wide and will hit curb
>Target fixate
>Gas it and dump clutch instead of pulling clutch in and turning more

Grow up m8, you're making a way too big deal out of someone not liking your bike.

cheers

If you aren't in the SV650, then there really aren't too many conventional options left. Ninja 500 would be worth checking out. Older goldwing, ducati, or bmw might be worth checking out

>What's he supposed to do?
Lean bike an appropriate amount. Try turning while keeping the bike upright, film it for the lulz.

better off importing a ct110 if you want a small shitbike that can do anything

> He doesn't have superior german engineered blinkers swiches on each side of his handlebars

Looks dumb.

Thought so.
And then the logic hits like a gs500 hits the ground.

>Turn left, push left blinker.
>Turn right, push right blinker.

Feels pretty natural quite fast.

>turn left
>push blinker switch left
>turn right
>push blinker switch right

>arrive at campingsite
>ask for their prices
>way too much
>back up bike
>forgot I had my tankbag on
>MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

It might have been accidental, but they deserved it.

Yup.
And you can also turn your thumb right and left in your ass, it probably won't blink though.

youtu.be/Fbpv5TIVKg8

What an absolutely epin memer
>lcd mirrors
what pigfattery

>Epic
Yeah... nah.

Boringly ride around at above legal speeds then shit brix under a tunnel for 5 minutes. He even waits at red lights like a total badass.

Literally all he had to do was turn his head to look through the turn, turn the handlebars the appropriate amount to make the turn and control the clutch. His biggest fuck up was target fixation and poor clutch control.

Dual sports suck for touring idiot

In Germany not only is Holocaust denial a crime but so is criticism of Islam, criticism of homosexuality, criticism of non-white races, and even criticism of government policies involving the aforementioned groups. I know people in Germany who had the police come to their door and warn them after they made facebook posts critical of the refugee policy.

SEM HYPE

Nobody cares. Take it to /pol/ faggot.

you do

I only care about the fact you're shitting up my /dbt/ with your off topic faggotry.

AYY

I'M NOT MISSING IT THIS TIME

In Italy aplogy of fascism is a crime...

Poor baiku! She is so small still!

Yes you are.

post some more unrelated whinging to fix the issue then

Yes get a personal injury or insurance lawyer. It wasn't a hit and run was it?

>exhaust studs bent
fug

Is it bad to jack my bike up from the exhaust?

some bikes are meant to do this

who the hell spends 8k on a grom. most the people i know that buy them buy mid trims for like 4-6k

Most bikes I've seen have a bracket holding the exhaust near a good spot to jack it up, and the ones that don't have a designated spot to jack up anyway.

Just get some rope and pulleys

I have some rope but nothing strong enough in my garage ceiling to hang the bike from.

I doubt it. My bike has bent studs due to a wreck.

>tfw only have two exhaust studs

Please say nice things

b my gf

2003+ SV650N vs ER-6N

What bike is better? The SVs have a way better aftermarket but the Kawis are newer with less mileage usually.

Only looking at middleweight nakeds, pref. fuel injected. Would want a Duke 690/Monster 696 if they weren't almost twice the price ($6-7k on average), and FZ07s are too new to find in my budget ($2000-3500)

SV always

Shivvy

B-King

So i decide to buy Husqvarna TE511
i will change the swing arm into monor arm, the mono arm is from Honda NSR SP one
also i will change the up side down too, probably the one in motosport

conclusion, i want it to be like Ducati hypermotard

what do y'all think about that?

fuckhead

fag

>Grom 125
>+fun lil pitbike for innacity fun and shenanigans
>- worried I'll ride it on the limit too often, dunno how good that is for a small engine

it's a honda engine, it can take the beating if you're won't push it when it's cold

>groms are boring
depends on how you ride and what you expect desu I knew it'll be slow as fuck, you need to do stupid shit to have fun desu
also pretty funny if you switch between the grom and a bigger and faster bike

>have CB500
>get grom, only ride grom for 2 weeks
>honk all the time
>get back on CB
>press hornbutton all the time, nothing happens because it's a shitbike and the connectors for the horn always fall off

nice topcase

where can I vote? If it's not in some shithole again I might come. If it's at the ring, I might even come with the grom

*if you won't push it