Swords and axes were useless

>Swords and axes were useless.

Is he right Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-EodSILCi0
youtube.com/watch?v=dy1fcRG0A3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why should I care?

This tool is never fucking right about anything he talks about I'm starting to think his videos are him trying to be funny

>Does LARP
>Thinks he knows everything about ancient and medieval arms

>Reads some memoirs of soldiers
>Thinks he knows everything about modern war and it's armaments.

Actually if you watch his videos he never claims he knows everything.

He provides his theories about certain topics but because of his british style of humour it may seem that he is an all knowing authority

Well gee, I guess the manipular and Marian legions were shitty fighting forces that lost against everything they went up against.

Oh wait, no, that's retarded.

bo[spoiler]skeleton[/spoiler]rp

How does one reach this point? Coming to Veeky Forums, seeing a claim and then 100% believing it for no reason?

Lindybeige doesn't believe either of those things, they are horrible strawmen of his arguments. And your point about Gladius' is exactly the one Lindybeige makes, and he even goes out to defent Gladius as a sword instead of a short sword

youtube.com/watch?v=t-EodSILCi0

fuck off nigger

Lindybeige is a fucking larper faggot who needs to stop spewing bullshit.

>Swords and axes were useless.

well this comes from a Brit, the only thing they were good at was pulling the string of a bow

>t.beigeman fanboy

Of course he is right. Noone in the entire history of mankind has ever been wounded or killed with a sword or an axe. Really makes you wonder why so many cultures bothered making them for so many centuries.

As for axes beause people needed to chop wood and swords were good toothpicks. You are correct that no one ever killed anyone with an axe or a sword.

Dumb French nobility who knew nothing about the real world needed gay, flashy symbols to show their status. Swords are really good for that as you can cover them with gaudy jewelry and such.
The real men obviously used real weapons like the superior & manly staffsling (produced by Beige-industries) while the cowardly nobles watched from a distance (when they were not being massacred by handsome working-class anglos).

Spears > Axes > Swords

Axes were fucking dog shit, only people who couldn't afford swords had them.

Ceromony.
Just like any armour with decoration, cavalry, bows and guns until 1890s

Swords and axes are far from useless.

While armies predominately used spears, swords and axes (to a lesser degree) were used as sidearms. So if you were a medieval soldier you would be mostly using your spear to fight.

Also people when travelling would be using swords, since they are more practical than spears or other large weapons.

Context is the key word here. A spear is great when you are fighting in battle formation but if you're in confined space using a sword or a dagger is a much better weapon.

>only people who couldn't afford swords had them

Not really, people could afford to buy swords, unless you are talking about the early medieval period which even then they weren't that much expensive.

Also the Danes were using axes quite frequently as well as the Franks (Francisca, although it was a throwing axe).

And the Danes happen to be fucking poorfags and their richest warriors would get a sword.

youtube.com/watch?v=dy1fcRG0A3g

I thought you mean viking age Danes. What century are we talking about?

Stop with these threads Lindy. Nobody wants to watch your autistic videos. Go do something usefull, like necking yourself

Anymore he makes click bait titles to his videos to get views because they are too boring to stand alone. See his "cavalry are useless" video for reference. I only lasted halfway thru his droning before I had to stop

>no one used axes
>no one used swords
>battle of Zama never happened
>no one used horses

what Veeky Forumstorical meme will he debunk next?