What kind of utter clown would buy a brand new econoshitbox when for 1/4th the price (or less) you can get a German...

What kind of utter clown would buy a brand new econoshitbox when for 1/4th the price (or less) you can get a German luxury car from the period when they weren't money pits?

Corsa:
>looks shit
>boring to drive
>made of plastic and will fall apart
>lets everyone know you're a faggot
>generally just fucking awful

E39 530d:
>looks fucking baller
>hektik skidz everywhere
>pretty fucking damn reliable for a BMW
>women will want to suck your dick
>an all around stellar purchase

Need I say any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ztidX2zDv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is assuming you can find an e39 by someone who can into car maintenance, which in the US is harder than you think.

Doesn't have to be an E39, or even a German car.

I know someone who got rid of a 10 year old Mini Cooper S for a base model brand new Audi A1. Blew my mind.

>looks shit
looks are subjective
>boring to drive
most people dgaf
>made of plastic and will fall apart
that's fucking retarded
>lets everyone know you're a faggot
literally only op would notice
>generally just fucking awful
wow what a real car enthusiast

>looks fucking baller
ebin street cred chav
>hektik skidz everywhere
>implying op can skid
>pretty fucking damn reliable for a BMW
fucking right fucking fucking
i.e. OP
>an all around stellar purchase
if you're a chav/turk/gypsy

This has to be the best bait I have ever taken. Thank you OP, you stellar fucking faggot.

>he thinks an E39 is a chav/turk/gypsy car

Kill yourself idiot, pic related is your chav/turk/gypsy car.

That's cute, but a large majority of old BMW are subhuman transporters (i.e you).

Nigga what.
Every older BMW/Merc is a chav/turk/gypsy car.
E36, E39 and E46 especially.

E39 in standard trim is an old mans car, E39 with the MSport body is slightly boy racery but you need to get real if you think gypsies drive them.

E36 and E46 are not an E39 as far as I'm aware.

The shitbox will cost a lot less to run. And you won't look like you're on minimum wage and pretending to be rich

>OP gets triggered because he just found out he bough a POS chav/gypsy BMW

LMAO

I`d rather drive a Corsa

>he thinks people posting on Veeky Forums actually own cars

LOL

The E38 is the gypsymobile around here.

1. Most people want to buy newer and want a reliable toaster.
2. Just because you can afford the car doesn't mean you can afford to keep it maintained. Almost all old luxury cars I've seen are in shit shape because someone bought it using your logic and couldn't keep it up.
3. When buying a used car it's easier to go domestic or Japanese because there's more options so you can find one that isn't shit.

>530d
>d
Kill yourself

>1. Most people want to buy newer and want a reliable toaster
The urge to buy newer is irrational at this price bracket and reliability is a meme. Almost no modern cars are that unreliable for it to actually matter. Just fucking take care of the car and don't be a nigger.
>2. Just because you can afford the car doesn't mean you can afford to keep it maintained.
That's why you're not supposed to spend all your money on a car. Say you have 10k. You could buy a very slightly used depressing shitbox for 10k, or an older luxury car in mint condition for 5k.
>3. When buying a used car it's easier to go domestic or Japanese because there's more options so you can find one that isn't shit.
You have to live in an absolute bumfuck-nowhere to not be able to find an E39 or an E38 in good condition.

t. mad americunt that can't get adequate performance with 50mph and a sweet 6 cylinder turbo sound

50mpg*

Normies think newer = better
More expensive insurance
Normies are scared of maintenance

>americunt
Try again, diesel loving faggot.

>stance lyf YO YO YO

Kill yourself for ruining a perfectly good E39, cuckold.

I'm no expert but it looks like it could be a legitimate performance suspension.

insurance

/thread

That's not even stance you retard. Why don't you go breathe some of that diesel soot and die

>aftermarket alloys
>on anything
>ever

This plus the camber told me all I needed to know about that guy, that I'd have aborted him at birth were he my son.

That camber looks to be absolutely functional and I don't understand why anyone would ever get mad about aftermarket wheels.
You sound like an autist. Please post pictures of your bone stock 1993 base model Corolla.

>this buttmad over a car he will never own
Makes me want to be a stancefag.

I'm sure camber on a 1800kg saloon is to improve it's cornering abilities, and not because the owner is a faggot who did it for aesthetic reasons.

>talking shit about americans that have 7 liter Cummins and shit
>he's content with adequate performance

Dieselfags I swear.

Why wouldn't it be 2bh

>he thinks 'adequate performance' is anything other than an excuse to rev the piss out of your car in traffic to blow smoke on people

youtube.com/watch?v=3ztidX2zDv8

Old BMWs are cheap because they are planned obsolete turds and no one wants to put up with the headache.

-someone who has owned three

Autist confirmed

Considering OP is probably from Europe, here are the reasons:

-tax on displacement
-insurance
-maintenance

People who buy brand new corsa's aren't driving enthusiasts. They probably think 3l bmws are scary or something.

>tax on displacement
an extra 200 quid a year, big deal (not)
>insurance
just turn 21 and pretty much all cars are about the same to insure
>maintenance
fair point tbqh&f senpai

'They probably think 3l bmws are scary or something'
>implying 280lbs-ft of fury from an inline 6 diesel is anything to be scoffed at

The main point? Fuel economy.

Depends what kind of driving you're doing. Short distance city driving, sure the Corsa will win, but long motorway journeys a 530d would rape it in fuel economy.

Get a motorbike. Bitches love riding bareback.

If she complains, pull a wheelie and throw that bitch off.

It's fun for riding during the weekend in the summer, but only a madman would daily it.

I am that madman, I have a special seat for my big bollocks. Women love it. weekend in the summer? nah, true bikers all day everyday breh.

Enjoy an early grave when Stacey is too busy texting to see you coming and pulls out in front of you.

Pussy in his BMW sand nigger wagon gtfo.

Why are you proud about inconveniencing yourself?

Civic for 3k

>doesn't think the Corsa looks like shit

I didn't say I like the Corsa, I said looks are subjective.

>an older luxury car in mint condition for 5k.
>mint condition

Keep dreaming

>didn`t specify if the Corsa is diesel or not

A diesel Corsa will have better mpgs in any situation.

First and last gens are pretty nice, everything in between is meh.

they believe new econoboxes are cheaper and more realiable but in reality they're neither.

>10k
Bought, imported, registered and changet all fluids, brake pads, belts, water pump and rear shocks on my e39 525d for less than 4k euro. The car got perfect engine, transmission and chassis with 600k+ km on the odometer.
>pic related
Also the m sport suspension is sweet as hell

>E39 530d

Women aren't into old luxury vehicles. They're just going to assume that you can't afford a new one. Park a mint E36 downtown and the only people mirin' it will be Mandeep and his boys, I see this happen all the time. Meanwhile the guy in his slow new Civic or BRZ is pulling ass. This is how it works in Canada anyways.

D>>>A>C>E>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B

Good luck finding BRZ for 4k

generally the excuses will be
>i dont want it to spend all its time in a shop
and
>its old
which sort of ties into the first point i guess

most people just aren't aware of better older cars at all

Good luck affording the maintenance and repairs on a 4k BMW....

Read this You are an idiot if you can't find car in good condition

Driving a German luxury vehicle with 600k+ km's is idiotic. That thing is a ticking (probably literally) time bomb. Also nobody is going to be looking up to you when you drive a 20+ year old luxury car... What's the point?

>paying 4k euros for a 600k+ km car
Is this mjet's retarded eastern yuropean cousin? At least he bought his diesel fiat new.

>people who unironically think old used BMW is some kind of impressive, luxurious automobile
people who do this are subhuman even by our slavic standards

Buying a car to impress someone.
KYS

>tfw no chavs, turkroaches or gypsies in Australia

I can enjoy the E36 or 46 without being associated with shitcunts.

what's wrong with the guy with two 5 series center right?

People are just bland.
they think new is better

Hey buddy fuck you I like the B

Just some merc and audi owners getting mad because some old ass bimmer chopped them

things that only happened in America
lmao at American riders

As a normie owner of a 2014 1.2 corsa D, it's because it's my first car, bought it start of last year when I just passed my test at 22, mostly to get lower insurance

Going to switch to something else next year once I'm 25, brother wants to sell me his golf gti but I ain't sure yet

it's a shitskin like most BMW drivers

>buying uropean in Straya

Ur just retarded, cunt

>german car
>petrol
nope nope nope
its only worth it if you get the M version, deal with it

"no"

>B at the bottom
I assume you never took one green laning?

People who drive corsas are generally either new drivers or not well off, so here's the logic:
Corsa:
>cheap insurance
>cheap maintenance
>cheap insurance
>did I mention cheap insurance?
>cheap insurance

BMW:
>not cheap insurance
>not cheap maintenance

Why buy a Corsa or a E39 when you can get a Fiesta

and cheap on fuel

>TFW drive a 2.0 diesel astra

>tfw work in astra factory

I gotz an e39 530i this summer..need some fix but its tops

Hey corsafag i bet you cant make that bitch hit 243km/h stock...because that's the top speed

Btw EUROFAG here

Gfyahole

Wrong. Girls don't care about E46, E39 and especially nothing older, unless it's an M3 or M5. And yes, they can tell the difference.

>they can tell the difference.
Yeah, sure they do.
Two bumbers, two mirrors and M steering wheel + straight pipe (optional)

Got that Corsa for a company car.
Really isn't that bad.

OP is just salty because he can't afford a new car.

i have been saying this FOR YEARS dude.
its insane how expensive these fucking worthless trash econoboxes are, compared to a little older Mercedes, BMW, Audi etc.

its pathetic, whenever i see some retard driving around in one i just think
>goddamn what a retard

>£1200 Corsa C breaks
>49p to repair

>£1200 BMW E39 breaks
>pucker up

Not for someone who can do work on his own car and lives in Eastern Europe, where parts are cheap and plenty.

tfw i was this close to falling for e60 looking like new meme. but i remind myself how unreliable piece of shit they are so im okay now. also im a turk. the answer is always the japanese

Yeah, you're right. LS400 is always the answer. Too bad they're relatively expensive where I live.

>pic

and too bad they are non-existant where i live. I have a secret love for LS400 tho

>e39 ABS module fails
Some western european will sell the car for pennies because new module costs 900-1300 euro
and it is not worth.
The eastern european will buy the car for almost nothing and take the module to specialized shop and get it repaired for 75 euro.

im driving my W124 since 40k kilometers now and have not had a single fucking problem. if it NOW breaks, i paied 1800€ for a car i drove for 40k kilometers.

>brotip: it wont break.

it uses 6.5-7.2 liters of DIESEL for 100 kilometers and i can drive it at a constant 160-170 km/h according to GPS on the german autobahn. its huge, i have enough space in it to sleep on the rear bench (i did), the trunk is big enough to fit 7 crates of beer in it and a shitload of stuff on top, and i STILL have space for comfortably sitting of 5 people in the car itself.

pic related, mine.

dew the fucking math.

The "stacey texting" phenomenon is global you fucking moron. I'm not even American

Only E39 worth buying is the M5

>what is insurance
>what is road tax
>what is fuel economy
>what is safety

yeah nah, think I'll stick with my agile, modern
'14 plate Yaris Hybrid over some ancient lumbering piece of shit kraut wagon

>The eastern european will buy the car for almost nothing and take the module to specialized shop and get it repaired for 75 euro.

...and then it will break in another year or two.

Pic related, typical eastern european car repair.

>>what is insurance
400 euros a year vs 200 euros a year
Not enough of a difference to make me want to drive a small shitbox
>>what is road tax
There is none, actually
>>what is fuel economy
1.9 TDI tier when fitted with LPG equipment
>>what is safety
You're better off walking then. Way less chances of having a deadly accident

TL;DR you're cucked into driving a 1.2 shitbox with plastic seats

>not getting the Omega B 2.5 diesel for best of both worlds