/vn/ - Drunk Undine Edition

Visual Novel General #1268

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English translated Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEWKaRxuWLo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Asuho

Didn't we already have this OP

I'm ok with it though because Kohakuren is best girl

>tfw flithy eops got Dies Irae
its not even good

Thank you for fixing OP

Well shit

Perhaps? I do know that within the last month or two we had Kohakuren but it was the image from just before the sex scene, not the one with getting Suina drunk.

>yfw /pol/ reads it expecting a Nazi masturbation fantasy and gets triggered

>tfw too intelligent too read dies irae

>yfw Dies Irae is just jew propaganda

It honestly would have been better if the author had written Dies Irae withotu having any nazis in it at all. Literally every scene with the nazis was written as if the author was apologizing for their existence in the game. It was fucking terrible.

I fucking thought those jap gooks were based and pro-Axis

>tfw this is probably the reason (((moogy))) shilled for this so much
No wonder all of the twitter SJWs liked it so much...
Really makes one ponder.....

Who else here has no interest in Dies Irae and just wants more official releases of cute girls doing cute shit?

Reminder: none of actually want to read Dies Irae. Admit it, you'd rather have more moege and nukige.

>none of actually
What did he mean by this?

Kamidori was so good.

Any other Eushully games translated lately, or similar games?

I like lolis.

I just want to shit post on /a/ when the anime comes out, and laugh at /pol/ have their expectations ruined. I'm too lazy to read anything any more.

>TB is the closest translated thing we have to DI
TB had top tier voice actors, though...

There are a ton of titles I'd want translated over Dies Irae
Hoshi Ori or Ginharu (preferably Hoshi Ori)
Ura Kyoushi (based Quof will get to that though)
Kangoku Senkan 2 and 3

and pretty much any other moege with good art and any nukige with a huge focus on corruption

>and laugh at /pol/ have their expectations ruined
tbqh I was quite excited about it at first because redditors and /jp/ were getting triggered by muh nazis

Ikusa Megumi Zero kind of has a translation.

;_;

>/jp/ triggered about Nazis
Was this when it first came out or something? Maybe it's just been so long that I can't remember what it was like before Veeky Forums was pro-Nazi.

It still works, because normies will get triggered about Nazis and /pol/acks will get mad about references to the Jews.

I want Koisuru Natsu 2

What are some /vn/ approved kamige?

smb1

She can't be sad, she has a cat. You can't be sad if you have a cat.

My my, the VNDB is almost a decade old, how the times have past.

Majikoi has heavy nationalist vibes, it's pretty based.

Isn't the whole point of Majikoi that modern japan is fucked and need's Yamato's massive cock to whip it into shape?

Does this general get withdrawals if it doesn't have some threadly dose spammed in every thread?

I'm getting kind of tired of responding to it but someone else usually does if I don't anyway.

You are part of the problem.

I would say Muv-luv is one of the only VNs that does a sort of equal stance on countries but then I remember Total Eclipse where the MC becomes a better pilot from accepting his Japanese blood. Then again it' mainly a Japanese medium so you can't expect much.

>pirate it
>1 hour in still bored
>quit
>reread a moege i liked
i can already see it

Russian cannibals and Americans nuking everything

>be moefag
>chunni plotge shit bombs
>more moege and charage gets released

its a win-win

I'm fucking FREAKING OUT /vn/

is there like a home remedy equivalent to xanax

you god damned druggie

Fuck, I hope this happens. The worst thing is if Dies Irae actually succeeds and companies only start localizing intense plotges instead of moege.

How do we cull the plotge flood, /vn/?

no don't misunderstand, I'm not addicted to xanax or anything, I'm just really anxious and stressed

We have to boycott Dies Irae /vn/.
We don't want more chuuni crap get localzed right?

Yeah, alcohol.

I'm already boycotting it because it's episodic NTR cuckge.

I HATE Dies Irae!!

Dies Irae is going to succeed eventually. Even if the Kickstarter failed now, you would have the very successful Re: Dies Irae Kickstarter once the anime starts.

That said, a success with Dies Irae won't be easily recaptured by other titles in the genre.

Alcohol will just make me fall asleep though

drink some tea

get some sun

then go rub one out

I did, and it's 11 PM

I DID

what are you even stressed about that has you this worked up

my inability to concentrate on important tasks, my constant procrastination, and my complete failure at improving myself

but I've blogposted enough honestly, we should talk more about moeges

What are some of the best dating sims? Pic related and True Love are two that come to mind.

I felt like that last semester
Studying helped me out a lot

Sounds like you need a Umi to cheer you up and make you feel whole.

This is the fastest I've ever quit a PoE league

The desire for lolis is too great

Why aren't there any good modern ones, I'd like a modern moege with full dating sim shit in english

chuu2ge and plotge will never become mainstream. Moege are basically the best selling VNs on average, if you ignore anything with an anime adaptation to snag the anime audience. If Fate can't make chuu2ge popular in the west, nothing ever will.

I cannot even begin to describe how you, on every level possible--physical and intangible--thoroughly disgust me.

Fate is popular though.

I love you guys

Indeed, Moege and romance titles in general can work well off of each other, but each plot/chuuni title needs to become popular on its own.

If the anime is halfway decent, Dies Irae will probably become a huge title in the West as it has everything it needs to take off. However no matter how popular Dies Irae becomes, it won't help anyone sell more titles like Tokyo Babel.

Not that it will keep the Japanese companies from trying to replicate the success, of course.

nice
that means I succeeded in doing something non PoE-related today

Presumably, they're a bitch to take apart and localise.

>tfw I haven't succeeded at doing anything today

Same here, you guys might be a bunch of shitposters, and I may not always agree with some of your opinions, but these threads are always pretty entertaining to me at least.

Who's ready for best girl?

Yes, it is. But no other chuu2 title has come close and likely ever will. Fate itself is popular but it could not make other games like it popular. DI is unlikely to accomplish that.

I ain't touching this cuckge.

I'm still not sure how Fate got so popular in the West even before it was fan translated. People liked the anime but it was objectively bad.

dat ost thou

The anime was unique, I guess. I know when I watched it I thought it was the best shit ever, and this was just around when I started browsing Veeky Forums and I was still a teenager/casual. I imagine lots of other people were the same, it was their first exposure to such a story. Nowadays Fate also has the benefit of all the other shit its produced, F/Z alone has fairly high normalfag appeal.

The OST was good.

Yeah, I had the same experience, looking back I'm not really sure why I liked it, but somehow I thought it was good.

Will Dies irae be the final push to get all of the normies interested in the visual novel medium?

I remember Kingdom. The game bugged out when I was doing some of the last few routes.

>implying normals can into 3 hour long infodump fight sequences with outlandish dialogue
Yeah, no.

No, S;G or FSN would be better examples of this since they have popular anime.

DI's anime is going to be hugely popular.

Will it? Edgier, more action oriented shows tend to be more popular in the West but adapting a super long VN can have its problems. Then again the FSN anime was popular so who knows.

The script for the anime is going to be by Masada himself, it's confirmed that Dies Irae is going to be more than one season, and I think it's also confirmed that the anime might have extra content as well.

Dem man. How can Nasu even compete?

FSN would probably do well if localized but no one can afford the license apparently.

Is the writing in dies irae so good that the English translation won't have memes?

HEY, SO LIKE. THIS IS AN ODD REQUEST, BUT HERE GOES.

Anyone have any recommendations for VNs that feature a girl that is so oblivious of anything pertaining to sex, that she literally does not know what a penis is?

I'm not talking "has a vague idea" or "has heard the word before" - I'm talking about they absolutely have no clue that they even EXIST. Like, the entire CONCEPT of a penis is foreign to her. Like, if she saw one, she would have no idea what it even was supposed to be.

Ojou from Suika was a spot-on example of a character like this, but I'm really struggling to find other characters with that trait, my dudes. It's not like there's a often-used tag for characters with this kinda trope that I'm aware of!

what

Noble Works has one

There will still be memes. There are always memes.

No it doesnt

Pretty sure I recall the blonde chick not knowing what a penis was

but then she suddenly picks it all up and finds herself giving a blowjob.

>dies irae flops
>light translate the real kamige
youtube.com/watch?v=fEWKaRxuWLo

YOU'RE A SAINT!

okay, but which one is it??

Akari? Hinata? Shizuru? Maya? Sena?! One of the side chicks?! Wowzers! Lotsa options in this here VN!