tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes
The free weekend has started on all platforms, give it a go

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/w/JW5u/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fast

First for play the damn game and figure it out

Xth for not including the tutorial is a dumb idea since you already downloaded it.

Seconding this.

imc sluts

yth for they need to bring viper back as a faction leader.

if you have the following equipped in any of your classes uninstall the fucking game:

hemlok
l-star
a-wall

>161795658
Just because youve gotten the gist of things doesnt mean youve felt everything the game has to offer.
For Christ's sake theres 6 different types of grenades, each with a totally different function.

BANE?

Why you need a tutorial? just point the guns to other players and shoot.

There is no general tutorial.
The best you get in Titanfall 2 is a movement tutorial. Which is literally
>Sprint to the finish
>Youve got to aim down your sights
>Climb up the ladder if you want another go!
Everything else is trial and error.
>Mission 4
>Here, have a new titan gun. Pick it up and youll figure it out.

How shit are you that you need a tutorial for titanfall? Shoot niggas, press V shoot more niggas, spam E explode and then shoot more niggas and wall running the whole time.

If this many people are having issues, they'll get put off from buying the game. It's neat that a demo for the game is the whole multiplayer, but having a progression-based shooter drop in new players with nothing but the worst stuff and not telling them how to use it is a bad idea.

You fucking use it like in any other game! I cannot understand how retarded someone would have to be to not be able to just pick up and do the basics of this game. Maybe like 3 matches to get used to the wall running and shit, but the starting rifle and smg are top tier so everything else they just have to play around with.

Unless someone have never played a fucking shooter in their life it's not that hard to grasp.

Imagine a shooter, with progression, wallrunning and Mechs. Tada you should be able to puzzle it the fuck out from that.

get out of my thread

>Scorch with Fire Hazard and Here Kitty Kitty..

I have become the flame and the flame is me. Unknown to weakness nor speed, I burn endlessly into the deep dark night and melt all those who would oppose me. The skyline was beautiful on fire.

>you should be able to puzzle it the fuck out from that.
What you're purposefully forgetting is that it takes time to puzzle that out and the new players are getting more and more frustrated as it goes on. They have like a weekend to get a grasp and start having fun, and that won't happen. The game will go back to being dead.

I bring a gift.

>drop in new players with nothing but the worst stuff

but that's wrong, the starting gear is highly competitive with every unlock, it's all sidegrades

please for the love of god just equip the grappling hook and start jumping

Reminder

>IMC male pilot helmet
IMMERSION RUINED

It shouldn't take two days to grasp the basics,

Really if they're that fucking retarded maybe it's a good thing they won't be getting it. That said I've only seen a handful of people getting confused and mad.

And most of the time it seems like it's less confusion and more 'WAHHH I SUCK AT THE GAME' well no shit you're brand new we all suck when we first start.

Is there something I'm missing, or does this just not run very well? I never struggle to get 30 FPS on anything, and usually get 60. But even with turning everything to as low as it'll go and pathetic resoultion I only get 20.

I want that helmet back.

Gates wears it so...

All I'm hearing is that everyone new is getting too frustrated to drop money on the game, regardless of what they blame.

>Play TF2 with a friend that wanted to try the free weekend
>We played TF1 together but he stopped playing for one reason or another
>He starts talking about the game
>These maps are so bad in comparison to the previous ones
>Why did they fuck up Hardpoint so bad? It was basically our go-to mode in the first game
>Fucking CoD TTK, literally whoever sees the other first won the fight
>Why are there only two banks in BH and why are they static, this just promotes retarded camping
>I still fucking hate Attrition
>LTS is the only decent mode in this game
>He continues whining about shit I've come to terms with throughout the night

Thats wrong though, she has jacks helmet

I have no idea why that image has him with imc nose are

turn texture detail down too, the game uses ~2.6GB of VRAM on high and like 4 or more on very high

also update your drivers if you haven't

Wrong again! She wears a 6-4 colored male militia pilot helmet, Jack's helmet has the blue dragon on it

It sounds like he doesn't want to lower his standards like you did.

For the love of good, someone invite this motherfucker and show him how to play the game.
I'm sick of his bitching.

Well if they are that retarded then it probably isn't the game for them since camping and going slow doesn't work. I've shit on plenty on the trial fags and only one has rage quit rather than ask tips. Maybe your down syndrome ass thinks that people need multiple days to figure out a FPS with wallrunning and mechs but anyone that needs that much time won't be playing this game they will be playing the much easier BF1 or COD.

It's not like Respawn will ever fix anything, no matter how loudly we complain.

Well that's generally what people do is bitch on the internet, the people who like it and who I've talked to in the game are actually doing it, and the player count is the highest I've seen so I'd say it's working.

I like how they gave all these literally-whos these as if anyone would remember any of them

She still wears it in the campaign, not sure what you're trying to prove.

why is it i can only seem to airstrafe while slidehopping while HOLDING W, even though i know you are not supossed to? i can slidehip in 1 direction no problem without holding W, but trying to strafe brings my momentum down to 0 instantly.
recently i tried for the hell of it, to hold w while trying to change directions, and i notice that i dont lose momentum??

Oh I know how to play and I do better than my friends who have owned the game for a while. I'm just saying that not including a tutorial is a fucking dumb idea.
Don't project your skill level on to me.

Probably from something they cut.

Might be part of his story could be EX IMC and stole his titan when he deserted or something IDK. Would of been interesting if he still had it.

anyone have the image of "Poor little Ronin"

Post stat page.

That I still havnt played the campaign and thats the only gates i know
shes shit by the way

>the people who like it and who I've talked to in the game are actually doing it
Which is a tiny number.
>and the player count is the highest I've seen so I'd say it's working.
Halo 5 did this, too. The playercount tanked once it ended because playing a free demo doesn't mean they'll stick around.

So in Titanfall 1 I ran with an LMG so I could rodeo kill pilots and Archer so I could harass them from the back.
If I want to make a pilot who's sole objective is to hunt Titans, what weapons am I supposed to pick in this one?

I'll have to somewhat agree with the guy, though. They should've at least included the gauntlet so new players could get used to the mechanics before going online.

So why doesn't Gates use her campaign look in the factions. It's a little strange having two faction leaders pretty much wearing the same outfit minus a helmet

When is the 6-4 in the campaign?
Honestly I dont remember her or the Angels City guy anywhere in either games, unless they just snuck by me unannounced.

When taking on Viper, both are there but 64 as pilots and barker as your carrier.

Mission with Viper.

Private match? It's better than the training because its the actual maps and you can learn routes and shit. Or you know fuck around your first match or 2 and get used to it like you should in any new game.

Barker was the drunk in the original Angel City level from Titanfall 1's campaign.

Then stop bitching. Tutorial in a fucking shooter, your tutorial is in the campaign.

You can't play campaign in the trial.

the lowered ttk is a mistake

the weapon balance was fine before, why did they do this?

nobody wanted it

>tfw no cute tech test pulse blade waifu

Yeah no shit playing a free demo doesn't mean they'll stick around, odds are the majority where going to leave anyways, so what are you bitching about if it was just gonna go back to normal by your own admition.

As for the tiny number point, what makes you think that the other side is some landslide of people who are too stupid to figure out the most basic of shit?

I am the bone of my sword

at the same time you can just practice in a real game

wallrunning is sticky enough that it basically happens automatically, as does the double jump, and with the amount of jumping you'll probably figure out how to slingshot yourself with the grappling hook, and then it's just a shooter on top

cod kids wanted it, im glad the went and put effort into extra weapons and shit and didnt just add 10 versions of each gun but it was entirely pointless

>so what are you bitching about if it was just gonna go back to normal by your own admition.
Because it could have very easily been altered. You're required to download the tutorial to even start the trial, but they don't let you touch it.

OH YES

They overhauled rodeoing so that it takes 3-5 rodeos to kill a titan, and so that all titans have smoke. Makes rodeoing very hard to do and not so worth it.
I used to run the same loadout, slammer LMG and titan weapons.
If youre looking for an anti titan loadout in TF2, take arc grenades, and probably invis/ grapple/ speed so you can rodeo easily. If you grapple titans youll instant rodeo them, and if they pull smoke you can disengage and just do it again.
In some ways, the new system is nice because it means that all pilot loadouts are viable to kill titans, but in other ways it means that its harder to make a designated titan killer loadout.

>Titanfall 2 will have lots of customization!
>Except we removed the ability to customize your titan's loadout
>And we removed the really cool OS voice selector
>Also we could give you the option to customize your helmet or armor... But we won't!
>Instead have a shitload of colors, out of which most will be just bright colors or 20 variations of camos lazily stretched over

>throw satchels on top of shield bubble
>as soon as the titan moves detonate it

hehe hope you didnt want half your health pal

You mean the campaign right? Well I can see why they didn't want the whole thing in there, but I can agree with you on that they should of at least put the first mission in there. (Not the gauntlet but all the way to the first boss, so you can get a taste of titan on titan, though that might be two missions oh well two missions)

I don't see it as that big of a deal breaker but at least it would be something.

Cloak, any weapon with tactikill, whatever AT, arc nades, the stealth rodeo perk, ordinance perk, amped weapons/AT turret boost. Boom youre ready to bully some titans

So I guess I can take any primary then? That's kinda nice but I liked being a titan hunter man.
What about secondaries? I feel like the Mag Launcher isn't nearly as good as it was in the first one, what's the best option right now for taking down the big guys.
And finally, the sidewinder is now in normal weapons? Is it at least still useful against teetans?

It has almost exactly the same ttk it just has better servers compared to 1 so you get bullshitted less.

Thanks for the idea hombre.

>I don't see it as that big of a deal breaker but at least it would be something.
Considering how much advertising went into the campaign, I wouldn't doubt it if many people expected the tutorial to be the campaign. Hell, I did. I wanted to try it out, but I can't and am stuck with the multiplayer which I've found to be unsatisfying except when I do a takedown move to another titan.

i'm talking pre-patch vs post-patch tf2 (the latest one)

Don't listen to people saying its impossible to rodeo now, Low Profile makes it ez mode. Low Profile, stim, amp boost and MGL will melt anything. Pop stim and fly in raping a titan with a full mag, pull out the battery and then hit them with another mag killing it.

SMR + Amp Wall is very strong against titans

SMR in general does very consistent damage to them

sidewinder is only good if you can crit but you'll get diddled 90% of the time before you can do any respectable amount of damage, use charge rifle or mag launcher (its better than it seems)

Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

And yeah it is a shame that they didn't even give a snippet of the campaign.

Because it was good.

So is Ronin more or less a hard counter to Tone now with the new patch?

Ok be honest here
how many of you fags already bought Prime titan?

Ronin counters everything including himself

Did it lower ttk? I've literally only used the Wingman elite, EPG, mastiff and softball for the last few weeks. I do feel like the netcode got worse since I die around corners a lot or my softballs unstick after I get a hitmarker on a stick.

A good ronin counters everybody, sword block is OP as fuck if used right.

they made loads of weapon more powerful for no reason

Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage

R97 - increased pilot damage

Spitfire - increased pilot damage

L-Star - increased pilot damage

Double Take - increased damage

EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage

Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage

Ive been trying to swing around different anti titan weapons, but I haven't touched the grenadier ones. I think its personal preference, but I like the Thunderbolt since it has exceptional range. I agree about the mag launcher, the charge rifle is quite good though.

Probably gonna buy Ion prime.

Might get scorch too because I kinda like it, but I really like muh nose arts for it.

Pretty much. It can even counter being killed with one simple trick. Provided it takes enough people down.

>ronin
lol

webm.land/w/JW5u/

I bought everything.

No one ever used the flatline which now explains why everyone is using it now. I just keep dying around corners after escaping, not having any problems with dying super fast.

I got prime Scorch, though I'm sad that there's no nose art on it since I unlocked anime tiddies the next day.

>try this out
>they disappear
T-thanks

i got prime ion today

maybe i'll get scorch later

Is there anything I'm missing? I just restarted and that helped a little on the lobby menu, but I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.

Are you going to post your stat page?

POST /tfg/ IN SKIRTS PLS

Tbh not a huge fan of the prime titans.
Too slick, Id rather have rugged scorch.

Do any of you play this on the Xbox One? I have never seen [TFG] while playing.