I made the worst decision of my life. I feel for the meme. I bought a manual transmission. Please learn from my mistake...

I made the worst decision of my life. I feel for the meme. I bought a manual transmission. Please learn from my mistake. Please please don't fall for this. I sit in my daily commute traffic and constantly go between first, second, and third. My left knee is starting to hurt more and more each day.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I keep looking for options to get rid of this car. It's going to be nearly impossible to get a similar car without spending money.

Please head my warning don't do it! Don't get a car for your daily driver. Now if you are getting a second car do whatever you want.

my left knee is fucked from military service and i can still operate a manual every day

rub some bengay on it, bitch

>Don't get a car for your daily driver
These bike threads are getting sneaky

I made the best decision of my life. I fell for the meme. I bought a manual transmission. Please follow in my footsteps. Please please don't miss out on this. I sit in my daily commute traffic and constantly go between first, second, and third. I feel more and more like a man each day.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I keep looking for options to get rid of the boner i get when perfectly downshifting from 4th to 2nd. It's going to be nearly impossible to get a similar feeling without spending money on a hooker.

Get a fucking manual, pussy! Don't get an automatic car for your daily driver. But do whatever you want, if you like having a dainty little electric box shift.

>ftfy

I fell for the manual meme. It is great in these rural areas. Especially when the snow hits and you need to accelerate gently.

>what is throttle and clutch control

A bad worker blames his tools.

I wasnt being sarcastic. I love my clutch for those snowy days

sorry you're part of the untermensch OP

i'd never DD anything but a manual

>not having a hydraulically operated clutch

>My left knee is starting to hurt more and more each day.
Unless you've been injured in the past the only reason your knee should be acting up is if you're a fat piece of shit who never exercises and has bad joints from a sedentary lifestyle.

>A bad worker blames his tools.
A good worker knows when to get rid of manual tools and get automated power tools.

>My left knee is starting to hurt more and more each day.
You're out of shape. If you keep being out of shape with small bones, when you get older and it is harder to build up your body, you'll wish you had built up your body earlier so that you could have a much bigger bank account to make those osteoporosis withdrawals from.

Manual is fine unless you live in small city streets with stop and go. My town is mostly 3 lane wide so I'm good. Best choice I've made since manual is much better than auto.

>dd a manual in los angeles
>never complain
>will never buy an auto (luxury excluded)

its not the manual you hate, its the traffic

Haha, bitch

Imagine an automated power tool that tries to choose which drill bit you "should" need and fucks up all your projects

>but it's fine for hanging pictures
>what are you some sort of woodworking autist
>fuck you for not being average

I'm European. There isn't a manual meme, because everyone drives manual, and no one complains about it. Stop being such a pussy.

>live in middle of nowhere
>entire town has a population of 2000, 1800 of that is college students who are gone part of the year
>county only 22,000 people

Get out of the concrete jungle, city-slicker. Fuck, there's so much space out here the police can't even patrol most of the roads around here, or don't. They stick to the main roads and nothing more.

>tfw everyone in my country drives a manual
>tfw it's the norm here
>tfw people think you're a pussy if you don't drive manual
>tfw people don't know what a "stick shift" is

Feels good man.

>tfw they still call you a fag for driving miata

Feels bad man.

Well at least you fit in a miata

>Rural areas
No thanks, Cleetus

>oh no i can't into manuel
>manual sucks guys don't do it

it's called "git gud"

>have automatic daily driver since I've started driving
>car soon to die
>looking into manual transmission for daily

Feels amazing.

>implying rural areas aren't god-tier

eurofag here. Never touched an auto. Honestly this would sound ridiculous but thinking in an auto transmission makes me feel uneasy.

However

> Don't get a car for your daily driver.

You are right m8. DD a bike and be happy.

>Filled with uneducated and uncultured rednecks
>God-tier
Pick-one.

Sounds like you need to start using some tryactin OP

[spoiler]try acting like a man[/spoiler]

>le uncultured redneck meme
>e-educate yourself s-silly rural dirtfarmers

You sound like a real cuck user I bet you voted Bernie

>i need constant stimulation and a coffee bar every 5 feet cause being without some sort of sensory input or the interations of others leaves me alone with my thoughts that are truely terrifying cause i dont know how to function as a solitary human bean on my own.

Aww. 18 and life you got it, 18 and life to gooooo. Your crime is tiiiime.

Youll learn one day son.

if my 43 year old mom with 2 left knee surgeries and 4 hurniated discs can daily a standard ( 3 different cars for the past 20 years) then you can my dude stop being a fucking casual and save the manuals

> stupid nigger doesn't realize that the manual is aggravating his knee condition

>drive over 100 km/day in canada's most congested city (vancouver)
>stop, go traffic nonstop
>bridges, merging on steep hills, paralell parking
>in a chevy s10 with a gearbox that should have been retired years ago
>only use clutch on hills/first
Cry more faggot. Learn to drive

I've driven manual and automatic. Manuals are pretty fun but in the city its annoying so I prefer my automatic. Both have their own perks.

Realistically though, if you sit in traffic all day the last thing you want is a manual.

Not only is it horrible and annoying, but you could burn the clutch up pretty easily, even with experience.

same where i live, the only people i have ever seen with an automatic are foreign taxi drivers

much to learn you still have.....
doesnt know how to ease off clutch and let idle down road at 5 mph

well you are right.
for commuting in traffic manual is the worst
god forbid in combination with hills.

>amerifats
you cant even move a fucking leg to change your gear? are you physically challanged?
you might be doing it wrong, git gud and get used to it, it wont hurt
in europe everyone drives a manual, even old ladys

>left knee is starting to hurt more and more each day

Yes, do learn from him. Don't skip leg day

The fact that americans can choose to take their test without ever learning manual is insane to me, honestly what a god forsaken country. You guys are the modern day gomora or whatever that shit was called, a country full of idiots.

i learned how to drive in an automatic, and to be honest i think it allowed me to learn manual a little bit easier, because when I was driving stick, atleast I ddn't have any questions of confusions as to what I should do in the road situation

For fucks sake. The only thing i can attest this to is some people have different tolerances/experiences or patience. Shits eazy as hell and as involuntary as scratching an itch. And i drive with the (supposedly) rough T56.

obviously any driving experience is good, but in europe if you take ur test on an automatic, you can only drive automatic cars, youre not allowed to drive manuals.

At least you can use the stick shifter to pleasure yourself and make you fell better, faggot.

that just seems stupid, like driving is driving, you can learn stick in an hour and be on the road.

>tfw car was broken and had to drive my roommate's car
>first time driving a manual and had to learn on the fly
>probably stalled over 10 times
>had a co-worker teach me a bit during lunch
>stalled less on the way home

Good times

Sucks you live in some shit hole.
I commute 50 miles, 45 of them on the highway, and I usually don't even have to disable cruise control the entire way.

lol that's how my roommate had to learn with my truck

And that's why everyone and their mother did that before taking the test, instead of being a mong and seeing the extra effort to get an auto only license

How many cocks did you suck in the military then?

I'll bite

Automatic sucks for traffic too. Find side roads, even if it takes 10 minutes extra, who cares since it will make your commute tolerable. If it's literally that congested everywhere, you don't get a car to commute, you use public transport.

Anyway, since you won't do any of this, just leave extra space and don't move up as often. You don't have to hover an inch from their bumper if it's that bad since when you start to get to move forward, it will just be another second of accelerating.

>muh leg be hurtin'
does your right leg hurt too from operating the throttle? fuck off with your shitty bait thread

> mfw in my country first assumption if you drive an auto is that you are disabled.

Sounds like you OP. Fucking cripoked faggot.

How? Even if you know manual you still have to learn each car and that takes a lot longer than an hour before you stop stalling it or grinding something.

>takes a lot longer than an hour
No? You mess around with it a bit to feel the bite point and you're good to go

>what is muscle memory

Muscle memory isn't a requirement for not stalling a car, you can use your brain too.

I didn't stall my MR2 once since I bought it.

whiny beta faggot.

This. I'm about to turn 40 and I'm not in great shape (planning to put some deposits into the old health account before I'm really old). My knees pop if I get into or out of bed carelessly but I drive a DD a manual half ton pickup eith zero problem. WTF is wrong with people? I've been texting with a guy getting rid of a turbododge because he said it gives him knee problems. He hadn't texted me for a while then said he'd been in the hospital and had to have surgery now hasn't texted me again since that for like 2 weeks. I'm wondering what this guy is going to actually look like if and when I get to see the car, assuming he's still alive.

I fucked my leg this way.

Had 2 hours daily commute through stop and go traffic with car that had heavy clutch and drove like that for years until it started to pinch nerves in my lower back.

Still have chronic pain in that leg and if I end using clutch too much (like while offroading) whole leg goes totally numb and it takes days to recover.

Don't play with that shit.

ITT: people taking low end bait

this, iv always driven manuals and its just second nature, i dont get how people think its awful in traffic, i dont even notice it. current car is my first ever auto, i fucking hate it and its getting manny converted by a shop next week

Ausfag here. When i got my licence in 1999, I did the test in an automatic and the rule then was you had to do 12 months on auto before you could drive a manual.

Cops didn't care though. I bought a manual a few months after doing the test and drove that all year. Spent many late nights driving around the streets of inner Sydney and learnt a lot.

Sorry that you're such an unfit, fat fuck.

No man, I'm kinda old but not fat at all and in decent shape since I cycle a lot.

> put it in second
> drive all the way to work like that

It's like you're a terrible driver

>but you could burn the clutch up pretty easily

Are you fucking retarded?

Are you kidding? Please be bait.

>tfw learned stick since young age
>got a manual car as first car, DD the shit out of it for a year or so
>small city, always heavy traffic on the morning
>got an auto a couple of years ago
>realize how good it is and how little to no effort you need on it
>never going back to stick
I'm lazy fuck, I love autos

Some people cant chew gum and walk at the same time. Its probably something like that.

bitch nigger

>there are people who think like this
What a waste of Hitler digits.

>Realistically, though, if you sit in traffic all day the last thing you want is to be a little bitch.

Here, FTFY

I drove 2 cars (not mine) with a autotragic, these fuckers are shifting slow as fuck and canĀ“t into instant acceleration.

>tfw when mom drives manual
>sister drives manual
>brother drives manual
>half brother drives manual
>dad drives manual
>I drive manual
>whole family drives manual
Feels good not to be cucked by a torque converter.
Mom has only owned 2 auto cars in her entire life. She's 57.