Why are kilowatts not used as a global measurement for power?

Why are kilowatts not used as a global measurement for power?

Because horsepower makes for bigger numbers.

3rd world countries can't even use the more important proper units. Power is the least concern, since it's just marketing.

metric is for mathematically illiterate retards

>hurr memorizing number too hard
>just multiply/divide by 10, so easy, nigel like, where nigels cow spleen pie now
>come on mate where is my fucking cow spleen pie
>i'll give you 300 centiseconds

nice meme

imperial is for uneducated peasants
>ugh weight is based of thiss rock i find
>ugh foot is my ugh foot lets use that for measurment
>wow inch is the lenght of my dick lets use it for everything

Not much better than

>so the earth is a perfect sphere, right nigel?
>right that is
>and we know the exact size of the earth, right nigel?
>cheerio
>then let's just divide the up downy bit of one four-part by ten million
>why ten million?
>i don't fucking know nigel

And then you continually find similar measurements based on more precise things and act like your system is better (going through a dark period of measuring a singular metal bar, which is about as brilliant as using the king's balls), when by doing so, you indirectly remove doubt from imperial measurements as they can be defined by their conversions to metric, thereby making each system equally unambiguous and metric is only for people that suck at math and memorizing arbitrary numbers like 5280

Apparently it is that hard

cunts

there's a reason 99% of the world uses a system that makes sense.
Your only argument is
"imperial is superior because memorizing how a needlessly complex system works makes me feel like the true euphoric gentleman I am"

1 kilo-meter = 1 000 (1k) meters = 1000x 100centi(hundreth) of a meter = 1000 x 10 milli(thousanth) of a meter etc etc

vs

1 mile = 453.42 oolongs = 453.42 x 3.56245821 dingles = 453.42 x 3.56245821 x 12.0000000003 rumperts and tt doesn't go lower than that since the system is retarded and smaller measurments are done in metric.

Because I've never seen anyone measure a particle in pikoinches.

Your own cream of the crop establishments use metric.

kw country here, kw is for generators and electrical appliances. horsepower always. also lb-ft is retarded ass.

Because they don't matter. Torque matters. Kid.

>Measuring in feet, arms and football fields

As long as it's measured in Nm, I agree.

>maybe two people on Veeky Forums even known what torque and horsepower/kilowatts even means

They are.

yeah a 200hp 480nm diesel is sooo fast compared to a car with less torque but more power

You'd be right if the imperial system was more complex instead of just more complicated. There's literally nothing to gain from using it unless you believe "everybody is used to it" counts as benefit (as opposed to the lazy excuse it actually is).

Why would 480 nm make the truck faster?
Do you mean 480 Nm?
Christ

Right wing Trump supporters BTFO

because that is how you advertise vacuum cleaners and light bulbs

That's how you advertise power output, which also happens to be a rating related to vacuum cleaners and light bulbs.

>Because I'm really impressed by how many tens of light bulbs a car is as powerful as.

>eco

>because imperial is superior because memorizing how a needlessly complex system works makes me feel like the true euphoric gentleman I am

>Would prefer to visualize the power output of his car as 30,000 light bulbs rather than 400 horses
loljk I know you'll never even sit in a 400hp car yuropoor

Sure thing, Euphoric gentleman.

Germanbro here, measuring in meter, kilometer an Saarland.

I think of each kW as a circular saw. Really makes you think just how much power is being made in my engine. Just insert anything else big and kilowatty.