HONESTLY, how much money have you made off the stock market?

HONESTLY, how much money have you made off the stock market?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesimpledollar.com/why-dont-professional-investors-beat-the-market/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ive lost thousands of dollars

Like fifteen bucks at this point.

About £200

Witnessed

10k on the ETH meme train last year. Literally a one-hit-wonder. Invested in Uni, back to poor as shit student status for the next 5 years. Life is shit.

all in all it about evens out over a 3,5 year period

I have made doublings, and I have had companies go to zero

Right now I have an un-realised 1000 dollar loss

But my present stock value is only 4000 dollars, so it isn't like it hurts my private economy

Best gains were on Barrick Gold and Pan American Silver earlier this year

-$1500

8%
That's about 300 bucks

-500€

~40-45k euros

Bout 20k

Third of that has come in the past week as president Trum has sent Us Steel sailing up 50%. I bought 10k of it a week before the election and it has just been incredible. Hoping to make it to a clean double before selling half to diversity.

Hundreds of thousands. A company I worked for skyrocketed and I was given shares as part of my compensation.

Since I started (back in january) about 3k now. Could've been more but I chased penny stocks and oil. Started at 3k. I got lucky with MGT and gold though

I am getting rekt holding valaent right now though

-80 euro right now, looking to make that back on german index short the coming weeks

I've lost $42.10. Made a lot of trades, sometimes it's a gain or a loss but my losses have won out.

I'm glad actually, if I made a bunch of money off stocks with the non-existent skills I have now, I would probably not attribute it to luck, I would probably just call myself the smartest person ever. nobosy who is that new to stocks can make a profit without it being PURE LUCK.

It like Warren Buffett says, when the tide goes out you see who's swimming naked.

About $50k

Only 250k

This, tbqh.

I made 50$ with my 100$

then pulled out once I realized I made like 5$ an hour after all the maintenance I was doing on my shit

waste of time overall. And the kinds of stocks I was trading was way too volatile anyway, I could have lost money so if I started with 10K I could have easily lost so that would have been a bad gamble

The best way to invest early on is in yourself by learning skills / getting certified / improving your appearance / getting smarter at your field and then getting a better paying job

26 million

1. get decent job that pays at least $40k
2. save every penny possible, put it into VTSAX or SCHB
3. retire after 10 years of work

Put in $60. Currently sitting at 66.80.

Total newb just getting my feet wet.

>get 85k job
>live with parents for 6 years and save every scrap of money you can
>save over 500k, put in in 5%+ dividend stocks
>leave wagecuckery and studyslavery behind and retire at age 27 living off of $25k a year
The dream.

I'm on the path brother. I'm up to $17k/yr passive income now, all reinvested into my portfolio. About 5 more years should get me up to $30k passive then I'm OUT.

I joined during the KBIO thing

lost $200 a week before,
got in and won it back.

Quit

how

lost $100 last year on stupid options trades and up $900 this year

over a thousand. bought FB with my last money after giving up.

Exactly what we just said- get a decent job, sack away every penny into an extremely low fee index ETF (SCHB in my case), and wait. I also bought a house with cash and rent out two rooms for an additional $13k/yr, which pays all home ownership costs + puts money in my pocket.

You must be in Canada.
In the US, buying with cash is stupid.

Why do you say that?

we doing that on this board now?

5-10k? boring old passive ETF shit. I just try and keep it all balanced and plug in my 5.5k and whatever eligible RRSP room I have. Unregistered investing has not been worth the tax headache. I should have pissed the money away on vacations and nice clothes. muh pension, CPP+OSA, RRSP and TFSA will be sufficient for a comfy retirement. I should enjoy my money more while i'm youngish.

Almost $19k from weed stocks, and it's in my tax-free savings account, too.

I've made these dubs

600% or €175
I started 3 weeks ago with €25 and used a fuckton of leverage

Like 4.5% or $1000 on my 23k portfolio

$0

Please don't tell me you're gambling with pay day loans?

>Republicans are on charge so that's a good sing.
>Look for the next economic bubble
>Do some credit swaps
>?????????
>Profit

200k+

I just turned 18 and before now I really didn't give a fuck about politics.

How is Republicans winning a good thing? Does this improve the stock market overall?

me too

right now, 3 weeks in, 17% aka $240 thanks shipping memes

Just got robinhood today. Up $80 so far

Today brought me into the green. I'm at 21.84$ since Feb 09, 2015.

No one will ever respect you though

Nice

>ROTH IRA
>Value $40k, gain $3.6k
>Trading account
>Value $30k, fain $2.5k

Sold AAPL, DIS, AA, UPS, and ABBV

about 2g made off 8.
reinvested it all into long term shit.

Started with 1k now up 10k

What did you do? Was it all luck or are you knowledgeable about investing? How long did it take you to get there?

About 4k but that was stupid luck

Made about 10k off 60k these past two years. Ive added the 60k slowly over that time. This is with using leverage.

Started with around 22K, now at 36K .

Bretty good. I also dropped some tips from my research on /biz (made a few threads over the past two years) but ... crickets.

Nobody makes any real money with "luck"

Some people do, just not the majority. He could have bought a random stock on minimal research that soared. That being said, it was probably strategic. I just wanted to know stuff like how long it took.

on average 10% on my investment. I started investing in my late teens. 15 yrs later I have made around $65k. I dump money into my portfolio and then forget about it. I also diversify the shit out of it. Because no one can beat the market year after year. Only the real lucky few. For example, Buffet has been one lucky bastard. Almost like winning the lottery. He is no genius. And you never hear about the millions of losers who followed in his foot steps.

there are too many variables, and unpredictable stuff happens all the time. No one really knows wtf the market is going to do next. They might have an idea, but a lot of times they are wrong.

here is an interesting article that explains why Professionals who do it full time can't beat the market. Your actually better off letting your cat make your stock picks.

thesimpledollar.com/why-dont-professional-investors-beat-the-market/

It's better to think long term. The stock market fluctuates all the time, but it's really easy to make 10% on your investment. Trying to beat the market is a fools game. I did it for a few years, and I end it up giving up after having great years followed by tragic ones.

Today it was about $3,300.

where do I go to invest?

around $300,000 USD
i grew up in the industry with my parents being power brokers back in the 70's 80's and 90's

my mother worked for Straton Oakmont, although she never worked directly with Jordan Belfort
my father was a high rung on the corporate ladder at bear stearns

they taught me everything they knew before they passed away in a plane crash back in 2003, i was only 14 at the time and inherited a lot

Guys, let me know if I've got this straight.

I have a bank account with money in it. I want to open an online brokerage account with my bank. Once I have that open, I can transfer money from my bank account to my online brokerage account. After doing that, I can buy shares in a company. Once I buy shares in a company, I wait until the stock price rises and then I can sell it for a profit. I can then see the money in my brokerage account (principle plus profit). I can then either transfer that money back into my bank account OR reinvest it.

Is this the right idea? If I want to sell my shares, what happens if people don't want to buy it? Or does the company have to give me the money back (plus the profit earned from the increase in the share's worth and then it [the company] sells the share to another buyer on its own)?

Thanks. I'm just getting into investing so please excuse the noob questions.

Yeah you got most of it right. When you buy shares of a company you will always have transaction cost so keep this in mind. Normally you will always be a able to sell your shares because there are market makers at the stock market that will provide the market with liquidity. If you buy different stocks you will receive a dividend each year if the company was doing well so you get some kind of cash back. If you are not sure what to buy, start with an etf so your performance will be like the market itself. It's a safe way because most people don't beat the market.

If you go to an exchange, you will always see two prices (als in picture related). You can sell (in this case up to 230 Stocks) for the lower price, because someone is willing to buy for that price. You can buy shares for the higher one. The difference between those two is called spread and should be really low for most decent stocks during market hours.
As you don't seem to know much about investing yet, you should read more before actually buying stocks OR just buy an ETF.
Also never buy stocks from firms you don't know much about, do research first (=don't buy into a Veeky Forums hype).

of course i forgot the picture

what app is this? anyone? and is it a good one?

robinhood, it's pretty good because of no transaction costs, you can only use it in the US.

Since last September, starting with $500, I've made right at $650. So I have more than doubled my investments.

My tips.
#1. Don't be a bag holder unless it is absolutely necessary.
#2. Do some research.
#3. Don't be afraid to average down.
#4. Don't put all your money in at once.
#5. Meme Magic is Real.

I'm up ~30% on AMD, probably going to unload it tomorrow and buy back at some point.

Sorry for your loss user.
If you wrote a book about your life i would definately read it

No the signup bonus. Havent given those jews a cent

A good rule is to understand human psychology when learning trade. Its not what the republicans will actually do, its what people THINK they will do. Will American companies see a boost these next 4 years? Who knows but I bet you most people will think so because of Trump.

put in 41k €, now at 60k €, so 19k profit before taxes over 2,5 years

I dont daytrade, I just bought some shares of companies I liked and got lucky, (amazon, google, facebook, activision,...)

Because of two reasons.

Canadians are more preoccupied with getting free and clear than in the US.

And

Mortgages in Canada are predatory / way fucked up and so it makes sense to not have one

better than interest in a savings

In total I have a net gain of $20. Started 6 years ago.

started trading mid october

10.7K in

right now $500 up

value investing ftw

I meant why "buying with cash is stupid." I'm glad I bought my house cash. Its value is growing quickly (I'm near a major city that's growing like crazy), and because I rent out two rooms it's actually cash-flow positive.

As of right now, im 3 cents in the hole.

Sadly this

$26

About 150 bucks over my first 4 months of trading. It's a 7.5% gain on original investment of $2,000

I get better at it everyday.

Got in in July, $1800 realized, another $800 unrealized, maybe $200 in dividends.

Overall my portfolio is down 5% or so, but I got out on a few highs this week and am just waiting to dump a few once they get back to break even plus fees.