You're given one bajillion united states dollars to start a car company...

you're given one bajillion united states dollars to start a car company,if it fails and nobody buys anything you manage to sweet talk your way out of a death sentence
every car the company makes is decided by you and you only,what cars would you make?
>10l twin turbo diesel transverse v12
>looks like a stretched c6
>5 door hatchback
>adjustable height suspension

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GCwT7gBogU).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aluminum-body on frame landbarges each one is basically bespoke and costs $250k+
any crate engine you want, top engine is a falconer pushrod V12

I'd make a somewhat small, 3 seater, rotary-electric hybrid.

>~900cc-1500cc rotary engine
>The engine mounted behind the rear axle, with the electric motor under the two passenger seats.
>Just a small amount of batteries, 100lb or so, that fit under the frunk. More like a KERS system, and not an ecobox hybrid.
>Rotary revs to over 10,000rpm. Obviously not torquey in the low end, but that's mostly what the electric motor is for.
>Aero that actually makes downforce without a bunch of fins and shit, similar to the RB-001.
>Electric motor spins between the transmission and final drive. Can continue to give it power during shifts.
>Manual transmission, somehow.
>Somewhat bubble canopy with a fastback rear.

And the same components of the drivetrain in a FR layout executive sedan a bit like the Cosmo but a bit roomier.

I'm gonna go against the grain:

Super cheap RWD platform where everything is an option. Probably coupe and sedan version. The most basic model would have only the federally mandated amenities, and sell it at the lowest viable cost. Thats it.

Build light weight, mid-engine rwd sports cars, with little emphasis on practicality. Cheapish plastic glove compartments, cheapish interior. Reasonable bucket-esque cloth seats with rails that accomodate aftermarket racing seats.
Plastic panels on the outside.
Spend a little bit of cash making a highly reinforced, but still reasonably light chassis
Double wishbone suspension
Decent engine. Either 2L 4 cylinder turbo, or 6 cylinder NA, but with cheapish clutch and flywheel that will still be decent stock.

Basically a Lotus Exige or an MR-S done right, but you buy it as a platform to tweak, and doesn't have a carbon fiber shell that might break and set you back thousands.

Would be sold at a price that reflects the costs and development, rather than whacking on an arbitrary boyracer tax.

Interior & exterior is styled by italians, engine & drivetrain manufactured, built & assembled by japanese

Sedan and hatchback shapes

Engine choices would be either small turbo petrol 1400cc or so, 2000cc turbo diesel and say 3000cc twin turbo

8-speed auto all round

Proper, high quality leather interior and audio system, excellent safety rating.

And a sunroof.

I would make more dodge viper acr's so they can beatb """""""hypercars""""""" and enrage all the eurocucks.

> a modern geo metro
>a redone crx that is just as light but with a 180 bhp 2.0 4 cylinder
>a brz rival with an in line 4 turbo
>a double wishbone rwd coupe with a inline 6 and no luxuries and low slung lines.
>a manual midsized sedan with a v8 and full luxuries

>Single Seater
>Mid engined
>Carbon fibre monocoque
>Pushrod suspension
>Six speed paddleshift sequential
>Looks like some kind of BAC MONO/ Auto-Union Type C Hybrid
>In honour of the Auto Union Type C's V16, the engine is a gargantuan V16 made by splicing two Sonny's Racing 762cui V8s together
>25 litre V16 making 2300hp
>Weight of less than 1300Kg
>Duallie 335s on the rear to handle it
>Nazi swastika vinyl to honour the Auto Union

Cheap, affordable FR/MR/roadster cars to be future shitboxes.

Basically try and do honda but not fuck it up.

This is actually a legit idea.

Why the fuck is FCA discontinuing the Viper this year when it's by far the best it's ever been and so much better than so many other cars?

If they're doing that, they should have sold the Viper brand. Let someone else build them, put in nicer interiors, and sell them as a hypercar brand.

> Stripped hot hatch with big displacement turbo motor but detuned so it will pass emissions, but people know they can tune the shit out of it so they will buy it.
> Use same chassis to make hybrid 1.0 turbo engine for hipster fucks with """futuristic""" styling.
> Get some viper engines, shorten the stroke, make it +9k rpm engine and put it in the mid engine car which was drawen by pininfarina. Just for lolz.
> Make crossover with same shitty hybrid powerplant with ugly but cute exterior.

Going with your grain here.

I'd buy the Camaro brand name off of Chevy and start making those. Every gen I'd revisit an old gen styling (like the late model Challenger did), and the facelift a few years down the road would be entirely an new exterior design.
Engines mostly based on the latest and greatest from Chevy Performance Parts, but with some mods like ThyssenKrupp Concentric Cam (Type 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=3GCwT7gBogU).

Base model cheap as fuck and lacking many options that are standard today in old muscle car spirit but options for everything and the kitchen sink, anything from rear leaf suspension and manual windows to 5-link IRS and automatic ass-conditioning in the seats. Packages like Z/28 and RallySport simply tick a number of boxes. Some may or may not be mutually exclusive due to conflicting options.

Also introducing a drag-specific package with 4-link suspension and the return of the Aluminum "ZL1" BBC with an EFI upgrade, this time at 502 cubes. Rather than a supercharged option, a bolt-on "E-charger" hybrid system (pic related, additional 50 kW and 150 ft-lb, pushing the LT376 example to 600 horse, just over 600 ft-lb and easily 30 mpg) is optional on all small-block V8s. Trans options: TH400, T56 Magnum and 10R80.
Insufficient-cylinder (Turbo I4, TT I6) engines available due to popular demand.

Full HUD option will replace the in-dash gauge cluster with a full range of aux gauges.
Electric actuated T-tops replace convertibles.
Custom work available trough COPO program on dealer initiative through selected partners.
Audio system option with a high-glare touch screen. Fuck you faggot, why didn't you buy the glorious V8 with all the sound you're ever gonna need?
Shifter paddles are actually the indicators. Get used to not having levers on the steering column. All other controls on the dash like back in the day. Auto trans actually get the new Lokar Auto Sport Mode shifter for manual operation.

cheap shitty econoboxes that look kinda cool and market the fuck out of them to dumb shit college kids with student loans to blow.
also a supercharged v8 NA miata

>ultra-cheap, tiny coupe Kei city car
>cheap shitbox sedan/wagon to wrench on and modify
>mid-level non-sporty luxury sedan
>lightweight turbo-V6 sports coupe
>2-seater AWD light truck, with rally-inspired options available
>endurance-bred mid-engine hybrid supercar, 3 person seating a lá McLaren F1
>Buy a local modification company for in-house work and prototypes
>flagship car is a 1000 horsepower/ft-lb. hypercar weighing under 2500 lbs, with huge wings front and back

Is that you, Scion?

Id make an affordable econobox. no assists or stupid bullshit to keep it as absolutely cheap as possible and still reliable.

Then I'd have a line of your stupid meme cars everyone fawns over, retarded crossovers, $70k markup trucks, some luxury wannabe sedan that "real people not actors" think is an Audi or BMW, these are for keeping the company afloat and maintain sales as well as getting brand name out there.

Then there would be the absolute pants on head retarded ones. 6 wheel 12l twin turbo diesel off-road truck.

v12 LS crammed into exotic copycat cars just to piss off euros and purists.

Hire that RWBoogerweld guy and give him his own department dedicated to molesting Porsches.

We'd have a miata killer, stupidly light, no assists or electronics, pure racecar with no comforts beyond a heater, some high revving NA and turbo variant 4banger, all the lightest and best alloys, LSD rear end, maybe an awd variant just for fun.

Bring back the sport truck, basically perfecting the idea, massive tires, massive big block engines modernized, 6spd manual only. Both rwd and awd variations, and they'd be able to haul at least 1500lbs in the bed unlike the other sport trucks.

Just for fun an mr2 style moron killing car. Combination of the over snap from the mr2 with the crowd seeking of a mustang and death seeking of a viper, push it as a "true drivers car" and make sales just out of people's sheer fear and love of it.

Partner with Nelson Racing Engines for our engines. Everything from crazy 1.3liter engines, to 12l big blocks, and bring back the wankel.

plenty of guys out there doing this for years, most of these builds have a back log of a couple of years and everyone gets in line and waits...

Forgot to mention, bring back options and packages. No dealer bullshit if you don't want to, direct order from dealership, you want that engine and suspension package without adding nignog wheels and a goddamn nav system? you got it.

>Buy manufacturing rights for Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon
>Make them in the same factory
>Same interior
>only thing thats different is the engine

wow, what a beautiful engine bay

A volvo 240 wagon, with full carbon fiber construction for chassis, aluminum suspension parts, fibreglass/plastic body panels, slightly uptuned redblock, and AWD with torsen LSDs front, center, and rear.

Ultimate winter vehicle

>Folden Calcondore

With a LS Barra Hybrid v8 i6 turbo supercharger!

Plastic 74ish MGB body shell
Tube chassis
Highly engineered suspension
Superbike engine
FR

So basically, a lovely small British sports car, that Weighs 1200 pounds, and revs to 22,000rpm.
All for about $20k BOM cost.

Flat engines, make an american muscle car but put in a flat 8.
bring some of the old japan styling like the 280z and the 22b.
1.6l flat 4
2.0-2.5l flat 4
3.0-3.5l flat 6
4.0-5.0l flat 8

Make sports sedans and sports coupes with the occasional hot hatch sprinkled in, no FWD cars.
AWD would be in most cars and manuals are encouraged at stock.
Racing division would be mostly in rally and offer a large in house selection of aftermarket parts, sell something like a cobb tuner.

>4.0-5.0l flat 8
so its a JDM muscle car?

noice

>flat 8
The sound would be glorious

Make some pure, no-frills offroad vehicles. Like the land cruiser, but more options
SWB, MWB, LWB, Pick up, SUV, high roof low roof 2 door lwb, 4 door swb, anything you needed

Solid axles front and rear
Coil springs
1/2 ton 3/4 ton 1 ton, with 4, 6, and V8 diesel turbos
Optioned diff locks, intercoolers, factory lift kits, on-board air systems
No flashy infotainment shit either, just pure utility and function.

A/C, power windows, central locking, ABS on/off switch,

sounds bretty gud right?
I'd love to pursue this idea, but don't know where to start.
I don't even have concepts drawn up.

Kit car replicas of '80s and '90s Jap sports cars

>make
I don't make, I import
>import the vehicles people want
>not the bullshit that's churned out here in the US because muh safuhtee regulations

What about a V4 Turbo Microcar?

I got hard

A geometro sized car? that would be a great ecobox. I just would never make one personally, I'm used to Subaru's and Porsche's engines.

>Two platforms, A and B.
>A Platform comes in everything from a two seater roadster to a extended wheel base sedan. FR layout with optional AWD.
>B Platform is a body on frame truck platform, for everything from a smaller two door Jeep-like truck, to a large 3500 pickup. FR layout with 4WD.
>A Platform is available in Roadster, Coupe, 2 Door Hatchback, Sedan, 4 Door Hatchback, Wagon, and Extended Wheelbase Sedan
>A Platform is available with a 350HP turbocharged V6, 500HP N/A V8, or 800HP Supercharged V8.
>A Platform cars are RWD standard with optional AWD.
>A Platform cars come with a 6 speed manual transmission standard, with an optional 8 speed DCT.
>B Platform is available in 2 Door Convertible SUV, 4 Door Convertible SUV, Single, Super, and Crew Cab pickups, 2 Door SUV, and 4 Door SUV.
>All B Platform trucks are available in either 1500, with a choice of an N/A V8 or Turbodiesel, 2500 with an N/A V10 or bigger turbodiesel, or 3500, with a big ass turbo diesel being the only motor.
>All cars come with cloth seats standard that can be upgraded to leather.
>A Platform suspension can vary up to 3" for navigating speed bumps.
>B Platform trucks can vary their ride height up to a max of 11".
>A Platform hatchbacks only come in compact, but wagon is available in either midsized or full sized.

>Purely chain driven FR with a transverse engine.

Bring back the rwd econobox

Us here, I would build nothing but work trucks. No frills, no leather, no cuckagation systems. Just god damn work trucks ranging from chevy luv size to f450 size. They would be built better, stronger, and to actually last, like they used to be.

A rear-engined dorito Twingo.

why dont you guys just import the Hilux?

The new one is basically a prado and designed for soccer moms and weekend tradies but still