clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your brazilian here:
mwomercs.com/bushwacker

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

clanwolf.net/audio/Samurai_CW.mp3
clanwolf.net/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3763&pid=38183/viewthread.php?threa...
mw5mercs.com/
mwomercs.com/forums/topic/240718-december-roadmap-and-beyond/page__pid__5504884#entry5504884
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does that have to do with Crytek supposedly hating PGI now?

MAD IIC worth it?

Like, I mean, is there anything it's basic 3 variants can do?

I bought ecm PHX instead of ecm GRF

how bad did I fuck up?

nth for gold men incredibly salty about uncanon piggy robot machine, while simultaneously giving zero fucks about the increased grind and lack of progress for 2016.

Pretty badly, desu.

Well, I mean, I GUESS you go with 3x LL, 2x PPC or some shit like that and be a big fat light.

You suck compared to the griffin though.

>piss off high level managers.
>attack the mod that got them hired in the first place.
>these people are your designated support.
>i don't understand why this would cause some kind of problems with their business relationship mane.

the latest buffs salvaged it from a total unjustifiable shitmech to a standard shitmech that has no purpose but you're not hindering your team simply for playing it

Rate mech_con on a scale from 1 to 5 pigs.

>Supernova SNV-1
>6x c-LPL's, XL315, 24 DHS, TC1
>Alternative: 6x c-LPLs, XL325, 23 DHS, TC1

Hilariously shitty lore build, or memetic?

So.
Very.
Glad.
PGI has a second title in development.
#Longevity

>yfw when 2018 will have not one, not two, but three battletech games on PC
4 pigs out of 5

>gorilla arms.
>majority of other guns mounted at cock level.

It reminds me of the burgerking's release state.

so very glad to have a FPS MW title that epeen meta chasing wont ruin the immersion of. And that we will still have the PvP MWO for those who do prefer the minmax style of play.... but as separate, stand alone entities, the needs of one playerbase doesn't have to impact the desires of the other. Looks like win/win to me, barring some utter failure to launch.

If you count MWLL and megamek, there already have been three.

The Roughneck -- having got over my initial disappointment, namely that a PGI original is the "something we've never done before" -- I think it's a damn cool design.

I love the "IndustrialMech with guns strapped on" concept. A humble working man's 'mech, a real underdog.

Plus, the hero camo is fantastic:

Yeah...

Despite still feeling like an absolute arsehole for being so bloody salty, i can say that it's a cool design. Really like the down and dirty look of it. Blocky, chunky, industrial - exactly how an IS mech should look like. None of that curvy, streamlined crap!
Heck... I might end up picking up the Standard pack.

I don't like the arms, but otherwise it looks fine. Essentially a heavier hunchback.

Shame every variant except the -3A and the hero sucks more STD riddled cock than Russ Bullocks mother at a "Refugees Welcome" event.

Not worth spending 35 dollars for ONE mech.

>"IndustrialMech with guns strapped on"
Too bad that's not what it is. It's a battlemech that looks like an industrial mech because that makes sense.

It looks shit, to be completely honest, my familia. The obvious P2Shoulder, P2Slimtorso, and P2Giantshieldarms really don't do much for it.

The silhouette is almost a fucking copy-paste of what the blunderbolt looked like when it was also just concept art, just with an added shouldercannon.

Clan Wolf has been challenged by Kurita Warriors...

clanwolf.net/audio/Samurai_CW.mp3

For those who can read german, here is all the story so far:
clanwolf.net/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=3763&pid=38183/viewthread.php?threa...

mw5mercs.com/

>yfw the game isn't even hosted on the aptly named mwomercs site because of 5 years of taint.

>P2Giantshieldarms

I think you're overestimating the protective area of those arms when they can't cover even 25% of the torso since it sticks out forward..

>You will never see kong or /gerg/ happy over anything
Also in the new trailer does anyone feel like when the rayban is hit with all those weapons it doesnt fall dead flat
Never played the TT of battletech, butim asuming that it wouldnt

wouldnt survive it all*

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/240718-december-roadmap-and-beyond/page__pid__5504884#entry5504884

Your new quarterly roadmap that's set to last 5 months.

More promises that they'll fix rubberbanding and physics, but mentions of inverse kinematics have been erased.

With them now officially working on robots 5.0, 80 dollar edition, the odds of shit getting done in MWO are even lower than usual.

During the initial Clan Invasion, BattleMech facilities across the Inner Sphere ramped up to the massive levels of production required to try stopping the onslaught. For Achernar BattleMechs this included their standard line of Locusts, Enforcers, Dervishs and so on. However, one lead designer had a wild idea: start with the Loader King as a superb design known for taking a hell-of-beating and still delivering decade after decade. Then overhaul the appropriate parts with BattleMech-grade components. While many balked at the radical idea, the designer forced the program through. (According to rumor, the designer had serious dirt on the CEO).

Nah. It's an industrial mech basis.

The shaq is a shit stock robutt with AC5, SRM2, LRM5, and a single meme laser. Any of the stock ravens will stand up to that no problem.

>mentions of inverse kinematics have been erased

As with Assault, the restoration of 'Mech IK was a feature we had originally intended to implement earlier in the year. The performance concerns that initially spurred its removal back in 2012 have been addressed, but some concerns about the aesthetics of IK behavior with certain 'Mechs on certain environmental objects delayed its release. As other features of greater direct importance came in IK had to be delayed in 2016, but is still planned for release in 2017.

Vass pls

it's like you don't know vass is full of shit and memes and drugs and little else

I legit put inverse in as my search term, thinking the Rustler would use proper english, which naturally came back with nothing. He does indeed talk about IK.

>making excuses for not actually reading the thing he's bitching about

If they could stand up to it didnt do so well
The returd in it(or PGI coding skills) hugged most of the shit flung at it and didnt use its speed against it

Maybe Im too use to playing MWO
Maybe I should uses stock robots from now on

>why don't you like, put all these terms in like you did back when you gave a fuck, and provided summaries for shit in a game you haven't played for at least half a year.

so many excuses piling up, you should work for the pig

>so flustered by being repeatedly called out that he continues making excuses

Most light mechs don't actually have MWO speed user.

The Raven is a classically slow light, while the Shadowhawk is actually a fairly nimble medium mech. They actually aren't very different speed wise.

Has there ever been a time when Vass WASN'T full of shit?

The rayban is also a more modern robot, and has more guns, more armor, and more ammo than the ancient shithawk.

If in a meme lore battle an OG shadowfag variant had to fight a production line rayban, the rayban would probably win.

To be fair, any of the stock ravens with a couple of lasers and a srm6 should be able to fuck up a shaq who doesn't have lrm ammo, doesn't know how to jump, doesn't want to enter melee, and constantly exposes his back.

by the time the raven exists, the shadow hawk is like 475 years old

>tfw the pig will be refunding all my modules

>tfw didn't waste countless hours grinding multiple modules

>tfw all of that money will go into re-specializing your mechs, but now you'll only be able to master half of them with your welfare check

>thinking 2 billion+ cbills isn't going to carry me through everything

It might actually be even older than that. Fuck knows when the original primitive versions were actually made.

What robots are more old man than the shadow hawk?

loads, mackie (2439) being the first

As far as mwo mechs go, banshee, commando, locust are all older.

Can someone explain the new skill tree?

Ever played League of Legends, or World of Warcraft?

you've got 5 different "skill trees" that branch down for each mech. You spend XP, GXP and C-bills to convert to "SP" (which possibly stands for skill point) and then use those to unlock points from this branching skill tree.

The higher you go, the more costly it becomes, but you get larger improvements.

So essentially, these new skill trees encompass both quirks AND modules. If you want Radar deprivation, you will have to forego good structure/ weapon bonuses or mobility in order to get it.

For what it's worth, new skill tree means never having to grind complete and utter shitbots to unlock elite or unlock mastery for a new weight class so that's 30,000 to ~115,000 exp of grinding being saved in some situations. Not having to buy 3 chassis means poorfags won't spend as much time grinding to buy robots so they can spend more time grinding for skills.

Assuming a miracle doesn't happen and Piggy doesn't actually spend the next 30-60 days actually making the numbers reasonable, although remember unfortunately this is also replacing the module grind, which is massive already.

It's a cross between hawkens system and your typical mmo.

It looks like it will take more xp to max up a variant, but on the upside you don't need 3 variants for anything anymore.

>implying you wont still have to elite and master your shitmechs to """"master"""" the skilltree

Which high level managers has PGI actually pissed off? Actual names and citations please.

Very few people in any company would actually care two shits about one of their clients "attacking" some mod that got some new staff hired.

If you were a skyrim modder, got hired by Bethsoft partly due to your work and some guy was attacking your mod, do you think anyone in Bethsoft would give a shit? Let's say that guy works with one of Bethsoft's partners. What are you going to do, tell your manager that Bethsoft should break off their contract with the partner because of this guy? Now imagine you are a MW:LL dev, got hired by Crytek, and PGI already had a business relationship with Crytek where actual money is at stake.

How many people in Crytek would actually start hating PGI because you went around and told them about how evil PGI is? Your new co-workers would probably be like "uh, okay?" if you tried to tell them your story. Any high level executive at Crytek would NOT decide to break whatever contract they have with PGI because you told him your sob story. The only way Crytek would actually get influenced by what PGI did would be if PGI directly pissed off multiple high level executives, not some new hires that only got hired after the fact.

I have certaintly seen business owners behave like childish teenagers, but they are almost always in very small businesses, typically family owned where they can get away with everything. In any professional environment, money tends to talk louder.

We don't even know if the same MW:LL devs at Crytek are assigned to support PGI. Crytek is not going to publicize this for obvious reasons. Even if it's the same people, they are not going to do anything like tell PGI to fuck off when PGI calls up Crytek for help. They will be professional and do their job, or get fired.

Am I the only one who's more butthurt about HBS BT limited to one lance than any of PIG shenanigans?

I expected it to kick off with a lance and then expand to a full company as the game progresses.

Why in God's name would that be your expectation?

>come back from vacay
Hey guys what's going on in he-
>New mw game
THERE IS NO ESCAPE

I wouldn't be so quick assuming you won't need three variants in the future.

They still sell mastery bundles with new mechs.

Why in the G-d's name not?

Managing a company of mechs, as well the opposition in a single player campaign in a turn based game would mean every mission would take forever and a half. Plus you would have zero attachment to either mechs or characters if you have dozen(s) of them.

The lance set up is much more reasonable and sensible.

The only thing I'm butthurt about is the lack of modding support despite the fact unity dev tools translate into mod tools in a straightforward way.

It's not an assumption. It's a fact.

>I wouldn't be so quick assuming you won't need three variants in the future.
I know Russ could make a position change but it's specifically what he fucking said. New skill tree is far enough off they wouldn't stop selling things for the current one.

As is the 3 mech system is terrible design that is rarely understood by new players.

>Managing a company of mechs, as well the opposition in a single player campaign in a turn based game would mean every mission would take forever and a half. Plus you would have zero attachment to either mechs or characters if you have dozen(s) of them.

Somehow that was never a problem in oldschool Xcom, sounds like a lame excuse.

And you will have a max of twelve(12) of them only closer to a grand finale. That gives you enough of time to bond with pixels.

Get on mumble slut

>I expected it to kick off with a lance and then expand to a full company as the game progresses.

That's precisely what happens. You start with a grand total of one shadowhawk (yours) and a damaged panther, and eventually will have up to a company of mechs and pilots.

You will only ever lead an individual lance of your own (plus whatever ai npcs will support you) in a single mission, but you can send lance a after one objective on one map, and lance b after a different one on a completely separate map.

Squad gameplay (4-6) is what most tactical games offer, such as older Silent Storm or modern Xcom and it seems like a smart move.

Source.

Holy shit, the amount of apologism for this game is insane.

Nothing about it sounds "smart" or "sensible", more like limiting and creatively bankrupt.

Lazy faggots are unable to grow out of their SW kiddie pants, so they deliver a fucking reskin.

Squad gameplay is shit.

Holy shit, that sounds great.

>accuses of apologism
>retorts to allegedly unfounded assertion with another unfounded assertion
>ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem

you sure told him :^)

wtf I love battletech now

>and a damaged panther
I don't remember seeing panthers in HBS BT

Someone one said that the Shadow Cawk's autocannon in storage mode isn't supposed to be fully erect. Is this true?

>HBS meme game shitposting drama.

>You start with a grand total of one shadowhawk (yours) and a damaged panther, and eventually will have up to a company of mechs and pilots.

This pleases me greatly.

>12 mans

Kongdrops™ happening

B I G M A N S

>buzzwords buzzword buzzword

you sure are mad, hbsdrone ;)

the memes

>no lct

So, I went and got the Protector from the cyber monday sale.

What's the best way to build this thing?

3x LPL 2x SRM6+A?

3x ERLL + Gauss?

2x PPC 2x UAC5 like a MAD-3R?

3x LPL + AC10?

I would like to thank you dumb fucking fagots for continuing to grab deal so that PGI can hold on to the licence for another 5 years and make another shit game only this time PVE in UE cobbled together from MWO

KYS
Sincerely
t.weedman

>So, I went and got the Protector

lol
mwo will outlive you faggot
get rekt

No problem my man

I will enjoy MW5 and Battletech both of which made possible by my contributions :^)

There's no reason to be upset
It's only a game.

It was our pleasure, my familia.

thanks for the (you's)

>MW5 will be SP solely

RREEEE IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD ITS NOT FAIR

>LOOKS SO FUCKING GOOD
nigga have you seen what real UE4 games look like?

Just Pirate, if its shit then hey free shit robot sink on SP. If its good then ayyyy, its good, so its a win win either way.

The good news is this means that MWO will get the same graphical overhaul to match it by switching to Unreal 4 over Cryengine. The bad news is this means that MWO will get the same graphical overhaul to match it by switching to Unreal 4 over Cryengine.

>The good news is this means that MWO will get the same graphical overhaul to match it by switching to Unreal 4 over Cryengine.
no it wont

I think you are confusing overhauled and abandoned

>graphical overhaul

Cant see that MW5 trailer uses same models textures and animations from MWO

You do realize they are just putting the assets from MWO into UE right
The only improvement you are seeing is UE's objectively better rendering features compared to a 4 year old cryengine shader suite

>just pirate

it's going to have DRM senpai

literally impossible to pirate games these days desu

Whats the best clanner medium? Hunchback IIC looks pretty good on paper and its cheap af