FFFFRIDAY NIGHT Edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm
Map: google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
Ergos: cycle-ergo.com/
Nobody reads this: Watch people crash (with sound) Previous abomination: >SEM 3.0 Location poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazO824cHFQyqffI1sxMTwJVxVF_ZgZXGk5I5Dw1_NAvemDg/viewform#responses

Questions of thread:
What do you drink tonight?
Bike already in winter storage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fbpv5TIVKg8
youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for all the times you think dbt is bad

>reddit

also I fucked up the OP but oh well

>that webm

Every fucking time

Rate my piss /dbt/ am I hydrated?

>Terrified of water cooling
holy shit this has to be bait

Hydration 7/10
Not bad, could be better

I think today's my last ride for the season.
>65f now is perfect
>30s next week
>20s after that
Pain in the ass driving 10 miles to my garage to get it now.

Should I buy a second hand gsx-r 750 / cbr1000rr / cbr600
Or
>Brand new mt09
>Brand new drz400sm (if it can survive highway)

I'm stuck on what other bikes to look at

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE BUY DRZ400S!!!!!!!!!
ITS SO FUCKING SHITTY FOR THE PRICE
THERE ARE MANY MANY BETTER BIKES FOR LESS MONEY
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

>should I buy a refined racing machine or this budget bike or this image-bike

>considering drz
fag

GSXR

this webm confuses me every time I watch it.

Nigga it's 11:30 a.m. Go home europoor

How much would Veeky Forums pay for this bike?
Be honest

Why do people dislike the drz so much? I can understand that it's an old bike with old tech for new bike money but they're so versatile and fun.

$20

Z800 and tell me how it is

zero

is this the birth of an epic new meme?

Because there are far better bikes for less money or equal money.

Why are people so obsessed with modern history? It's so uninteresting and makes you look like a sperg.
Ancient and medieval history is where it's at, bitches.

Man, I am not in a good mood /dbt/. I spent a solid three hours trying to get my front brakes working. I installed my new Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder and the problem persisted. I took apart the brake calipers and everything looks completely fine. I even put in new brake pads, pushed the pistons in, saw the air bubbles come out up top, and after going through almost 700mL of brake fluid, I finally have SOME pressure in the lever but still nothing significant. I'll let it sit overnight and I hope it will improve. If it doesn't, I'll have to do that shit where I inject the brake fluid through the bleeder valve but I don't know what I am supposed to use to get that done.

fuck me

p.s. the rcs 19 is overrated.

I'd go with the gixxer. Cheap as fuck, parts are everywhere, impossible to break, and never needs valve adjustments

If your brake line curves up then down, it will trap air. Manipulate it to just curve up and the air will come out

>$320
>My brakes is more expensive then your piece of shit bike

Ayy lmao! This is what you get for being a fagboi. Enjoy being a cuckold.

How does the KLR650 compare to things like the XR650L and DR650S?

Did you not bleed the master cylinder up top?

Why did you buy a new master cylinder? What was wrong with the one you had?

Yes, I bled the master cylinder up top. I have clear fluid coming from all three bleeder valves and there is still very little pressure.

The reservoir snapped off my OEM one so I said fuck it and just replaced the whole thing

For new bikes? Some people need financing or like having the warranty. Care to share a few bikes that are as fun and versatile for the money? I'm genuinely asking because I've been considering a drz as an upgrade from my '79 xl500.

what fucking lean?

Time to upgrade from the Grom.

Betas and ktms

I DON'T KNOW FAMPAI

POST LEANS

Flexfuel or e85 and bikes.
What is a good source to start from? I've heard a lot of bad things in the bike community. But bikers hate anything higher tech than javelins.
I currently own a carbed Ninja 250. I'm wondering about the advantages or disadvantages for EFI and carbed bikes.
Really any solid information would be appreciated.
And as far as running race fuel goes, I could probably carry a bottle of race fuel and use it when I fill up and get stranded.
I heard a lot of hullabaloo about it a few years back. Slowpoke.avi

okay now that was a lean, the other rider was being a fucking retard

Anyone with a KLR650 put on an aftermarket windshield? I'm looking for a recommendation.

put some NOS energy in your tank to gain hp

get an MT/FZ 07 or SV650 instead.

Cut up a trashcan and velcro it to the front of your bike

I'm surprised it's that cheap but I still don't think it's a good purchase.

Honestly I'm only considering it for the 250 because it's a cheap and disposable bike anyway. And I'm going to college in January, so buying a bigger bike is out of the question.
And the engineering challenge of making a 250 into a bike that isn't slow would be interesting. See if I could tune it to run a 12 second quarter mile, or maybe even 11s.
Yeah, if you put enough money into anything it'll do 11s. But I wonder if I could do it on a budget with a bike I already own.
And worst comes, I scrap it and I'm only out a thousand dollar bike. And if I want to keep tuning bikes, I just buy a shitty sub-thousand dollar bike and pick up where I left off.

Zip tie something plastic and clear to the front. KLR life

o-okay, thanks guys

>carbed
>ninja
>TWO
>FIFTY

Ninja 250 here. My fairings are zip tied together to stop the vibrations.
You'll be surprised how much of a proper bike is zip tied together.
Zip ties are great.

Straight outta the 80s.
I've heard from bikers that carbs hate e85. But bikers, again, hate everything more advanced than grade six math.
So I'm inclined to look at any sources of information about race fuels and alcohol based fuels for bikes.

Insurance rates mostly, people keep saying 250's aren't good on the highways and the 300 looks cooler and is newer.

javelins are hella high tech)))

ATTENTION: DO NOT FALL FOR THE 250/300 MEME.

GET A 600-700cc STANDARD INSTEAD

I believe you haven't done all the considerations of the case, my dude.
Anyway, I have a question, I am about to buy the pic related bike and I am taking a riding course with a BMW 650CS. Is it that bad that the two are quite different bikes? Does it make much of a difference what bike I learn the basics on, in my case?

nah I don't really know, I was just making fun of your bike

Omg even calling that a corner.

Looks like ur mum dildo, fagget!

Lower insurance.
I would say if you take the safety course and you can afford the first five years of assrape, get a 500. Definitely stay under 600, unless it's from before 2000.
Modern 600s make quite a lot of power. The Yamaha r6 is a good example of that.
Modern 300s, like the r3, make sufficient power to compare them to pre-2000s 600s. (High performance models like the cb600 hornet obviously are a different case. Use your head. Not every 600 standard is the same.)

Insurance companies will still ding you for the engine size, even if the bike is a slow, carbureted, 70s bike. Unfortunately.

Oh boy, I hope you rode on a two stroke previously, or know what they are about. If you plan on doing any commuting or long distance travel,I don't recommend it.

I would get a FZ 07 but am in socal, so 7k used.
I would get a SV650 but nothing under like 15k+ miles.

In terms of E85 (E15), go to the American Motorcycle Association website. They explain the problems with E15.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fbpv5TIVKg8

Insurance is the real kicker, at least in Cucknada anyway.

>Yamaha r6
>a 600cc Standard

you wot.

>nothing under like 15k+ miles.

Not an issue if they are well maintained.

An sv650 will do another 120k like a top.

>Modern 300s, like the r3, make sufficient power to compare them to pre-2000s 600s

Well, technically I did ride a two stroke before, but realistically speaking I have literally never ridden a motorbike before in my life and yes I am 100% sure of buying that exact motorbike with all its dangers, difficulties, expenses, pains in the ass and so on. Now, will a 650CS be enough to learn or will the difference between the two bikes be a problem?

I've ridden all 5 bikes (well it was an 05 cbr600rr but still) and I would say the 750 or the CBR1000RR, especially if you can get an 09+ cbr or a 11+ 750.

I hate the MT-09 and I think the dr-z is underwhelming compared to other moturds.

I only like 600s when they've gone -1/+2

I dunno it really depends on how you ride, what your roads are like, do you track etc. What is your particular riding style currently like etc.

lol my SV has 35,000+ miles, been wheelied, ridden hard and tracked and has never had a single mechanical failure that didn't involve a part being crashed off it.

They're quite reliable enough to do over 15,000 miles.

my bike is a real kicker lmao

It's fine, same principles apply. Just keep it steady with the throttle, no jerking.

What should I look for in the SV then? What should I avoid? Weird quarks the bike has that I should be aware of?

Great. Yeah, I know the power delivery is a total bitch on that bike, I've been carefully advised it is a dangerous thing to ride and I am willing to take the risk.

look for bestbike. avoid bikes that are not bestbike. none.

the only quarks to really look out for are that 03 bikes (the first of the 2nd fuel injected generation) are slightly different to '04-11 bikes and therefore a little tougher to get certain parts for.

I don't think there's anything in particular to "avoid" on them, just look for the usual signs of neglect. They don't have some kind of Achilles heel.

Guys I fucked up.

I drive a 50cc scooter and my muffler was all rusted to shit. But for some reason the exhaust pipe was all fine. so I figured that I could just remove the muffler thinking it wouldn't be that loud since that piston is so small. Holy shit is it deafening loud for such a tiny thing. Please help.

what do the bros think of honda interceptor?

I already ride with DRZ's. Socal they are 4-6 and are more or less dead.

Literally one of the best bikes of it's time. In tricolour it's highly desirable. Avoid the first two model years, because the camshafts fucking melt.
Vf, magna and interceptor bikes are highly memorable. The Sabre is underrated, but it was offered as a UJM version of the bike. If you can't get an 85, walk the fuck away. Chocolate camshafts.

maximum comfy
plus that one looks like its in good condition

so i killed my battery and had to bump start today, fun learning experience.
What'd you guys do today?

Vf500 is the good one becuase its dosent eat the cams also puts about 70hp.

honestly, those bikes are extremely rugged.
Look at the owner more than the bike, if he seems at least like a semi competent lobotomy victim the bike is likely A-okay.

>flexfuel or e85
>bikes
Not worth the effort
>carbed
Completely impossible to make it work well. You might be able to get home on a tank of E85 but that's a big maybe, and it will destroy the carbs because the seals aren't designed for it.

Basically a retarded idea full stop. EFI bikes could be made to deal with it but there is literally no point at all. E85 is never the only fuel available and manufacturers have NO trouble making huge specific output numbers with regular pump gas, so the extra octane rating is a moot point

how do i stop stalling on hills?

you suck dick at negotiations then, i got a 434 for 3k in socal. also why am i replying to a grom riding tripfag?

rev moar

more gogo juice, bb.
>hows that 250 doing

more throttle

Not only is it loud but a straight piped scooter is a surefire way to spot a complete retard. People are laughing at you as you crawl by on your flatulent little piece of shit "transportation"

125 actually. Feels like I have to redline it to not stall.

rode a real bike.

Post said real bike

>People are laughing
>Implying I even rode it anywhere yet

And I'm not going to either. Good try though, kid.

Lel, my Shiver has more than 15000 miles
A proper jap should do them with little to no worry

In other news, i think i've been fired

>Terrified of water cooling
I was wondering if this was just me. I am restoring a 1983 honda cx650c and I'm pretty much close to done. However, I see the water pump something waiting to fail. Is it just me or are other riders afraid of the liquid cooling system failing in their bike?

Clickbait title

cool shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

As far as fuel efficient commuters go is the CBR500r shit?

It's a """"sportbike"""" that really has a scooter motor inside, it'll be great

git gud
best 125 here btw
>as long as 4 stroke

What a fucking retard

I wish these existed in the US

>best 125 here
kek

>ttr better than wr
Nigga plz

If that wr had proper tires you'd be right