Got towed from my own fucking driveway this morning for being slightly on the grass...

Got towed from my own fucking driveway this morning for being slightly on the grass. No knock on my door to tell me to move it first or anything.

Is there anything I can do to keep them from being able to tow it again? I was thinking maybe put it on a jackstand with a wheel off and bring the wheel inside every night.

location, location, location

Austin, TX

you can try living somewhere else

holy shit if someone towed my car off my property i'd lose my shit

u live in a gated community? HOA?

>put it on a jackstand with a wheel off and bring the wheel inside every night.
the dumbest thing ive ever read in my entire life

you are clearly retarded or b8ing
4/10

>america
>land of the free
I've done skids in my driveway before and the neighbours bring their kids out to watch

Well if they have a flatbed (which they have to have to tow it anyway since it's AWD) how else can I make it impossible to tow? That's literally what I asked.

>I've done skids in my driveway before and the neighbours bring their kids out to watch
why is australia so based?

whats it like living with abbos
ive always imagined it like being in the ghetto in the USA
but with more red dirt

>how else can I make it impossible to tow? That's literally what I asked.

no you asked "anything I can do to keep them from being able to tow it again"

maybe sell the car and kill yourself
or park where your supposed to
or just shitpost on Veeky Forums
that seems to be getting it done

>No knock on my door to tell me to move it first or anything.
lol. Implying tow truck companies have any common decency or compassion. They will fuck you hard, without the lube.

Maybe learn to not park on the grass trailer trash faggot

I haven't seen an abo since I went to the northern territory, and otherwise I really don't see them at all.

The suburb that I live in (in sydney) is pretty shit so we're getting heaps of somalians and sudanese cunts instead, they'll be the new abbos

Not everywhere is this good. When I lived in a good suburb some cunt neighbours hated our cars, called the cops on one that had blown coolant everywhere and was waiting on a tow truck because it was sitting just up the road from theirs and they didnt want coolant on the road outside their house

I do skids outside their house every other week now

I don't understand
How is it legal for them to tow your car from your driveway?
What's up with americans and grass? Is it forbidden to park on the grass in front of your own house?

I don't get it either. Why is it suddenly legal for them to steal my car just because they have a truck with a flatbed and a winch? Predatory towing is just about the scummiest thing you can do. They have cameras out the ass and the window where you pay is 6 inches tall because they have to protect themselves from all the people they are fucking over. How can they feel safe at night with so many people that rightfully want to murder them?

Why not set your car on high voltage to the ground and fry all the faggots wich dare to touch your car?

But why did they tow it? What does the grass have to do with anything? Don't the police have to ticket you THEN call a tow truck if you are illegally parked(i.e blocking the road or a sidewalk?)

I don't get how the grass is illegal, can you give me an illustration?

How much on the grass was it?
Is it your hoa rules or what the fuck?

Buy some logging chain and a lock. Lock your car to your house. No more tow.

Faggot central.

Move.

So wait, don't you own the grass next to your driveway?

How the fuck what neighborhood

this 2bh
I live in the UK and we're part of an HOA, and someone who is on the board of the HOA's home office overlooks our driveway an the driveway of our neighbour.

There's some stupid rule that you can't have a vehicle in a state of disrepair or work on your vehicle on your drive or something along those lines.

Hasn't stopped us or our neighbour who's a used car salesman from doing any work. The HOA guy even complemented the 190-E Cosworth that my neighbour had at his house for a few days.

One time we asked him if we really weren't allowed to work on cars on our driveway. He said not really, but he knows we're decent people and the rule is to stop crackheads or whatever using their front garden as a breaker's yard.

Oh look it's the thing that looks like a horse cock but isn't

What the fuck is this "thing"?

It was like an inch or two off at most. The driveway is pretty small and my roommate parked a little too close in the middle so I had to park a little farther out than normal. It shouldn't even matter since there's two feet of grass next to my driveway then another lot, which isn't occupied at all. There's literally no reason for it to be a problem, especially when the towing company gets the money and the HOA gets none of it.

Holy fuck I thought that was horde dick from the thumbnail

Kickbacks yo

Thats what you get for living in a neighborhood with a HOA. If you make it hard to tow, they will just cite you.

Check your agreements, might be a lawsuit possibility

did you contact your HOA to see if they did infact initiate the green light to tow your car?

Take a heavy duty chain and two cinderblocks. Attach the cinderblocks to your wheels through your axle using the cinderblocks.

>getting your car towed from your own driveway
>probably going to be fined for it
Holy fucking shit, this society was a mistake. Somebody just end it already.

I'm still dealing with getting it back. Got a rideshare over there, they didn't take my card, all my family is at work, and I had to walk to my dad's work to go get another card because they have my car. On my way back now to go get it and I'll ask.

Tactical Trump incoming.

you could take them to court over it if there isn't any proper signage saying WE'RE GONNA NIGGER YOUR CAR IF WE CAN

This, I voted for him in this election just to be an edgy cunt and end this awful country.

Who dis girl?

Remove your grass
Install a gate

thats taytay bro, wtf how you not know that

Tow op here. I can think of 1 situation where I wouldn't be able to load a car, and its expensive and quite frankly probably not possible to do anyway.

Taking a wheel off wont do shit and your HOA is likely to have ti removed anyway. Chain can be cut and they'll probably charge you for that "service" as well. AWD doesn't mean shit, cranking your wheel to one side doesn't mean shit.

Your best bet is to go after whoever authorized its removal and get you money back, as well as installing a camera that watches the driveway so you can see whats up. IIRC most places require whoever authorized the tow be present as well.

Doesn't need to be illegal. HOA can call it in/have you towed if it's against terms of the HOA.

Well.........there's your problem OP

East Texas fag here, been to the people's republic of Austin several times though. The place is pretty much fucked beyond repair imo

I still have no fucking clue to be honest

Some kind of pipe or something?

Will they destroy your transmission on purpose if you make it so they can't pick up the drive wheels

Dunno, but they'll have fun trying next time. All of them are drive wheels on my car anyway

I wouldn't be surprised
They'll just say it's your fault from preventing them from doing your job and then you have to pay $200 to get a car with a fucked transmission back

>only taking off one
Take off all four and stay home for a week, sit it on concrete slabs.

What about no wheels?

What are they gonna do, put on a replacement tire? I doubt they're gonna happen to carry around a 205/55/16, much less a 5x100 bolt pattern to slap on there so they can tow it.

Molotov your neighbors house

Or you could simply leave it in first gear AND pull your handbrake hard.
Assuming it is AWD or FWD.

Did that too. Cranked the wheel, left it in reverse, locked the steering column, and covered the vin.

Point a motion-sensing alarm at your driveway. When they come to fuck you up again, run out of the house with minimal clothes, blindingly bright flashlight in one hand and breech-loading 12 gauge in the other. Furiously demand paperwork and threaten to call the cops. Get it on video so they can't claim you did shit.

They have tyre carriers, you know. Most of the modern towers have that where they seat the tyres on little tyres.

Still recommend this:

>be op
>park car in driveway with only a tiny section of his tiredof tire touching grass
>some (((goy))) bitches about it and OP's car gets towed due to the HOA coming up and seeing that op's tire is touching a single blade of grass
>have to pay thousands to get car back
>grass grows between concrete slabs (driveway in texas is typically concrete, no?)
>hoa takes away op's car again because the grass is touching his tried
>hfw

Tow bro reporting in.

The only way to keep someone from towing your car is to put it a place the tow truck can't get.

If I can get a line on it I can tow it.

AWD needing a flat bed is meme shit. You can tow anything with a wheel lift you just have to throw dollies sometimes.

>HOA
>in what appears to be a trailer park
>OP's anti-tow job just making appear like a worse trailer park

I don't even know what's happening in this thread anymore.

Not Sure what his plan was but I could load that car on a flatbed easily assuming a flatbed can fit infront of it.

Also the beauty of impound tows is that they don't give a fuck if your car gets damaged.

Without worrying about damage I could tow anything my truck can get to.

It's actually a horse cock, the mods have no idea

> towing how does it work

Jesus how retarded are you

I saw those on /mlp/ but why would anyone post it on Veeky Forums
>inb4 horsefucker

>towed from own driveway while on own property/grass?

This is bait right? They can't actually do this in americuck can they?

if you live in an HOA you have no civil rights anyways. you are in a contract with a corporation. You do not own your own property. You have no RIGHT to property, no liberty to use your property, and no pursuit of happiness, unless approved by some little faggot trying to play god and declare the laws of the holy land (your lot).

HOAs are the most unamerican thing ever. If you ever find your deed attached to CC&Rs (also know as satanic covenants and prayers to the goat), get a lawyer ASAP and find a way to dissolve them.

>inb4 that dindus fag
live in HOAs and deal with the consequences? how about live in shitholes and deal with the consequences?

His first mistake was buying a house with a HOA.

Legal fights with HOAs can be more messy than a fucking divorce.

What the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums when you can't even recognize that simple part of a car?

Fuck off

a true blue legend

There's a permanent solution, but it's difficult.
How good are you with a rifle?
Your home sounds like a horrible, horrible place to live. Land of the free, right?

If you know what this is, name it.

Clearly that's a Bad Dragon horse dong that's been hollowed out and put to use as part of some French degenerate's exhaust system.

i love the americans have shit like this happening, and all the other shit, that they don't even rank in the top 10 countries for most freedoms, and yet, AND YET, they will still yell "FREEDOM, FREEEST PLACE ON EARTH" kek

so dumb

Sounds about right

This. Fuck HOAs. Find another house. It's your fault for ever buying a house attached to an HOA. Anyone who likes to wrench should know they are bullshit. Same with gardening too. I honestly don't understand why anyone would ever agree to this. You might as well just live in a damn apartment.

>>america
>>land of the free

>HOA

I don't know how anyone could ever live where there's a HOA

>the beauty of impound tows is that they don't give a fuck if your car gets damaged.

shhh dont spoon feed the retard
i hope he posts when it gets drug up the back of a towtruck on three wheels and scraping his shit

>tfw your exhaust falls off and you have to use your colon tickler to avoid fines

Times are rough.

A rollback can drag a vehicle with no wheels and do it laughing all the way.

>Towing awd with a flat bed is a meme

Come tow my car so I can sue you

If you're not allowed to park on the lawn, do they at least mow it for free?

>American freedom
Im glad i was Born in europe

>not reporting your vehicle being stolen to your police department

you need to park very close to the wall so they can't remove either tire on one side of your car, then remove the front and rear tire on the other side

>dolly
Tires never turned.

they can easily open doors and have the ability to legally do so

>What are they gonna do, put on a replacement tire?
Pick it up with a crane, or just drag it along on the wheel hubs and bill you for repairs.

Have you tried living somewhere without the third reich in charge of your affairs?
> America
Oh, wait. You can't.

If you don't mow it, they sue you.

Install an air jack

I used to have a neighbor that would report my SS ute for noise almost every week, eventually the cops threatened him with wasting police time
He then moved
I was not expecting it to go so well, especially in Victoria

Then one of the cops said "what a faggot" and I nearly fainted I was that amazed

I did. They called me back and told me it had been towed. After I'd already figured that out myself and gotten an Uber to the scumbags' vsf. Didnt really feel like being snarky to a cop and saying "sounds stolen to me", but I definitely thought about it.