/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KJJSEJLQ!6VbOVH9GWV16DjAC9iNTrw
twitter.com/nickieneko
3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/
3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first

first for mario maker saves?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

1st for PS4 FUCKING WHEN

One of the biggest faces on the ps4 cfw scene just tweeted that 5 hours :^))))))))))))))

Reminder that homebrew dev's are using invalid title-id's and product codes for their apps. Every time you open one of them while connected to the internet, that information is sent back to Nintendo over the friend code network.

Enjoy your bans over the holidays.

Reminder Nintendo does not track this and likely has no knowledge of it. Reminder if Nintendo could so easily distinguish illegitimate product IDs from legitimate product IDs, it would have been trivial to only ban pirates who played Pokemon early, while leaving reviewers and people who bought it early from stores that broke policy in tact. The fact they did not means they are incapable of doing so.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MARIO MAKER EU FREESHOP VERSION GOD DAMNIT

any way to unlock all the mario maker stage parts at once with homebrew? i dont want to do this process all over again.

Generate the enc key yourself, dec keys up.

Fuck off with this. We would all have been banned ages ago if that were the case.

any good vita games?

How am i supposed to do that

It's a shitty reddit meme from some literally no name who doesn't know shit. Easily debunked.

I know someone has this game...

It's really easy to find.

Here you go fagtron, scan with FBI.

You owe me a succ

Mustard gas

Where?

And the update.

Thank you so much for helping a homo

If you're a homo, do you think this is attractive?

Sure i love dicks

I'd direct you to another board too, but you should just get the fuck off the internet instead.

Need to upgrade my 3DS, where is 11.2?

new 3DS small mario edition finally hackable now or still not yet? mine came with 11.0 ;_;

December 27th

they all came with 11.0. hackable via system transfer from an already hacked 3ds, hardmod, or just wait for slowhax

buy legends of exidia now or enjoy having to solder your shit

mega.nz/#F!KJJSEJLQ!6VbOVH9GWV16DjAC9iNTrw

Have fun

looks/looked a bit tricky when I looked at that part of the guide the other day. how hard is it it for system transfer from a hacked 2DS? will it require the DSiwares or not? those are already gone since they were pulled

who is this semen demon?

That's not the game that's just a demo

twitter.com/nickieneko

have fun I guess lol

Has anyone else had any issues running Atelier Ayesha Plus? For the most part it seems to run fine until I get into a battle. If I choose the Move command and confirm, nothing happens. The camera keeps moving, the music keeps playing but the next turn doesn't happen. Are you supposed to do something further or is it broken? Also, what's the eboot and module link for? Do I replace the ones inside the Mai dump with it?

Is it safe to play pokemon sun/moon online with the .cia from 3ds iso?

>finish CTRTransfer successfully
>Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/

>there are three 32 Character folders that all have extdatas in them
OH GOD WHAT DO I DO

just do all of them

you're right, sorry about that. I couldn't find the full game as well then, but I'm interested in it.

Each folder in the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder corresponds to a different NAND image.
One will be for your SysNAND, the other will be for your EmuNAND(s) or possibly a previous System Profile following a system profile.

Don't do all of them like is saying because you will lose your home menu configuration on your EmuNAND, which you don't want to do if you intend to restore it to your SysNAND.
You'll have to reapply themes, reorganize your icons and shit. The reason this step is in place is to remove the Themehax exploit as you no longer need it at this stage.

>wasn't cory in the house
thanks

>can't import my usa save
fug

>PS4 hacking exposition near the end of the year
I bet it'll just be something like
>We can run windows 95 on it now :^)
Fucking end me

You lose your fucking themes and badges, whoopdedoo
It's easier to tell people to just delete them all

If you're restoring an EmuNAND to SysNAND you don't want to lose the shit tied to that NAND image. It's not the end of the world but it's a hell of a lot more convenient to not reconfigure your home menu afterwards.

Yeah, he is too poor to own both consoles so he pretends to hate one of them.

So im thinking of getting a n3ds to upgrade my o3ds in the future. Should I buy Legends of Exidia now? or just wait it out?

Please repond. I am new and just hacked 3ds few hours ago.

Get it from freeshop instead and then it's safe.

>
Yes.

It's already confirmed to just be about the process of porting Linux.
>Last year, we demonstrated Linux running on the PS4 in a lightning talk - presented on the PS4 itself. But how did we do it? In a departure from previous Console Hacking talks focusing on security, this year we're going to focus on the PS4 hardware, what makes it different from a PC, and how we reverse engineered it enough to get a full-blown Linux distro running on it, complete with 3D acceleration.

>pirating since January
>decide it's finally time to sell off my old 3DS cartridges
>tally up how much jewstop will pay for the lot from their website
>$264.00 USD

...what PS4 games are good?

>$264.00
that must be every 3ds game in existence

Fucking end me

Forcing ntr plugins to run on regions they weren't designed for is easier than i thought.
Might be able to shit out a tool for it, doesn't gurantee code compatability of course but the different between USAEU is often nothing.

>selling games to retailers
smhtbhfamalam

Haven't been around for some time, Can somebody fill me in what's the current state of hacking 3DS on 11.1 firmware?

12 in-demand normalfag titles. They're offering like $20 for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I either let a merchant pick them for half what they're worth or I become a merchant; one's pretty easy and the other takes effort. They're paperweights otherwise.

If you have the patience, try waiting for a 50% bonus trade-in event or such. Even if you have to pay for pro, the amount of extra trade value you get pays it off and much more

Can vpk files be installed with maidumptool?

If you unzip them, I believe so

I think you just need to extract them and rename the folder as the titleid

bumpoooo

Not sure if anyone can help with this issue, but will give this a shot.
Have an a9lh / luma hacked 3ds, downloaded monster hunter 4 ultimate. Issue is that completely at random, I'm sometimes getting errors about it not reading an SD card in my system, or extra data being corrupt. Etc.
I ran a chkdsk on the SD card, and found no issues. No other games I've downloaded have any issues.
Is this a common problem? Would uninstalling the game and downloading it again help?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Where I can find リズム天国 ザ・ベスト+ in keys or freeshop?

Type in Rhythm Heaven Megamix you weeb pleb.

Windows Check Disk? Don't run that shit.
Use this instead.
3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

If your SD card finishes that without errors, then the SD card is fine and it could be something like a contact issue with the SD card slot, or the Lock slider accidentally being nudged on the SD card.

try using freeshop/ciangel to install it

I was looking for the japanese version.

Also how big is the SD card?
It might depend on how you've formatted your SD card.

Formatting it with this tool could help.
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Set an allocation size of 32k, and obviously back up all the contents to your computer before you format, and restore them after the format is complete.

what's the discord link for the key so i can always get it

user you are supposed to play the vitamin dump

I already did it. I didn't have a custom theme on EmuNAND though so I'll live.

Currently backing up EmuNAND so I can restore it. I've been sweating bullets through this entire proces.

I am following the 3DS guide website, I'm on decrypt9, however I do not see this ticket option mentioned in the guide.

"Go to “Ticket/Titlekey Options”, then select “Ticket Dump (SysNAND)”"

I only see "complete emunand setup", "sd format options", "emunand manager options".

Are you sure you're not on emunand9?

Have you accidentally jumped ahead and missed a step?

Did you press B to return to the topmost level of options in Decrypt9?

I wanna hack my ps3fat, but i don't wanna go through the trouble of downgrading it.

How can I make it update to 4.70?

Download the update on your PC: us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/
Transfer the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to the UPDATE folder.
Connect the USB to your PS3.
Go to Settings > System Update, then Update via Storage Media.
Select the USB key and launch the update procedure.

Do I have to format the card before running it?
I presume that would be better.

I'm just following the guide, dunno why it would launch emunand9, I made the file9 folder normally and entered this url "http //www reboot ms/3ds/load.html?Launcher dat

Faggot

anyone?

buy it on my n3DS or my hacked 2DS and system transfer it?

Did the top link not work?
In the worst case scenario, I guess you could follow 3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) first instead. You'll have to have a way to access homebrew menu from your 9.2 sysnand though. Browserhax could work I suppose.

You don't need to format the card first but it would probably help. Back up the contents before you format it obviously.

You have to buy the DSiWare on the hacked 2DS, the source system which will be transferred to the N3DS you want to hack.

Can someone spoonfeed me what tickets are for in 3DS's, and why it's bad to leave them lying around? Do they count towards the 300 icon limit, even if you deleted just the titles?

hey guys I can perform a system transfer if my source console has an error? more specifically error 022-2634?

I'd like to know this too.

>recounted because that seemed way too high in hindsight
>somehow managed to fuck up basic math so bad that I was off by 108
>actually only $156.00

Lads if I am this stupid and I've still hacked four and a half 3DS's, then you can hack one. Never give up!

What's the best homebrew GBA emulator for the O3DS?
Tried CitrAGB and mGBA, both run Battle Network in slow motion. I remember reading the O3DS has problems emulating SNES games and yet here I am playing SNES games without any problems yet GBA is giving me trouble.
I just want to play some Battle Network my dudes.

fuck, I'm sorry about that!
people sell used ORAS/XY in Brazil for 40~60 bucks though, so do some research around the globe, maybe it's advantageous for you.

Just use VC injections d00d

Oh fuck I forgot those were a thing, I actually have the VC version of Pokemon Green installed this very moment, thanks user

I think gpsp is the best, but I'd rather VC inject

Don't emulate, use the VC injects.
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-170-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

These versions of BN even include the Wii U alterations, like palette changes and unlocking stuff when you access the Network menu, that you can't get in purely single player play.

Holy shit I didn't know about those changes
Now the only question is do I go for Blue or White? Protoman or Colonel? Gregar or Falzar? Thank you user

And just like before, there will be no response.

Why there is no Rune Factory 4 undub?

That's all personal choice.
I prefer Blue because it's technically the improved version of White. In Japan they were Black/White and Black came out later for some reason.

I also prefer Colonel due to canon ending and Gregar for its beast out and crosses, but a Faltzer is nice too.

I just might do that; only the third url works for me but boots emunand9 instead of decrypt9.