Alright Veeky Forums my old 850 volvo is tottaled and I need a new car by monday

alright Veeky Forums my old 850 volvo is tottaled and I need a new car by monday

The s60r is what i've wanted for a while, but I'm scared of getting into a money pit..

Should I just pony up for the civic and be happy with a great product? OR save money and go with the power of the S60r with less reliability.

Which will give me more bang for my $$

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nV5kdpYaC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Another 850 of course.

bump

The Civic will lose its value like crazy. 2013 Civics are creeping towards $15,000 for upper trims and $12,000 for lower trims. On the other hand, the Volvo might also turn out to be a money pit and become worthless AND not be drivable.

If the S60R looks like its in great condition and had an owner that cared about it, go for it.

Otherwise, I would personally get a base model Civic with the manual transmission. It will be reliable for at least 10 years and get great fuel economy.

Pic is 2017 hatchback LX 6-spd for $20,535.

>had a based Volvo
>wants to get a civic

please don't OP

what happened to the 850 so it was declared totaled?

I was looking at the sport trim 6-speed manaul. I thought hondas were supposed to hold their value lol, IF you can't tell this would be my first car purchase. My mom got me the 850 for my first car.
The S60r does seem a bit beat-up to be honest, but I had a guy who's been a volvo mechanic for 18+ years look at it, and he said with $1800 of repairs it would be good for a while.

I want to be on the volvo life train, honestly I do, it's just so hard to find an s60r and I have a deadline of just a few days to get a new caR. If only volvo continue making s60r's, or at least made more of them. Or a manual s60 2.5t! that's be perfect, but alas they dont do it anymore.

Rear ended a Volkswagen, airbags deployed the whole front end smashed in.

Buy a civic for 3k. Not the shitty new one.

I actually have an s60r, trust me senpai, don't buy it.

why not

Only faggots and old women get sedans.
Get a wagon

the new civics are pretty shit I wouldn't get one of the new 2016 or 2017's. They seem to have really cheaped out and charge even more than previous year models for virtually nothing

Common issues with it? Why not plz respond. I've only found a bunch of autos

1. volvo isn't swedish anymore its some chinese shit and quality with down the shitter.

if its not a mid 90's or an early 00's its fucking shit

buy a used 2012+ if you want reliability and some fun. a brand new car is a shitty financial decision compared to a used car and also those new civics looks like ass. except the coupe, it looks ok

meant to say used 2012+ civic si

how much is the real cost to own? Like are we talking 5k + a year? If so then the civic is obviously the better buy, but if I can get away with 1k or less per year on the s60R then i'd go for it

the real cost to own? probably not much than other civics. So far with my 2014 civic EXL I've done up the battery and oil but haven't come across anything desperately need of repair beyond the brakes/rotors.

I had my door's window controls replaced because water came in through the window and fucked them and my car wouldn't lock. The warranty covered it but it could have been expensive

that interior you're looking at is literally the same thing honda has been using for 3 years in a row now.

Also in my experience the seats aren't very comfy. No matter how much I try to change the orientation my lower back hurts every single fucking time

also stay away from the CVT's I heard they aren't the greatest

If i might ask, what happened to the VW? What was the damage like?

haha thats a picture from the 2012 civic si actually
so yeah you're right, same interior
the volvo has REALLY comfy seats so thats a big plus

the front bumper of the 850 went underneath his back bumper, knocked off the exhaust and dented in the bumper but not that badly. still waiting on the insurance claim for a quote...

>haha thats a picture from the 2012 civic si actually
congrats, the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2014 all have the same fucking interior with slight alterations to shapes and shit but otherwise completely the fucking same.

oh yea the 2017's passenger side and center console where the screen is is more different than before looks neat but its the same looking wheel and dash components

>Daily driver cucks
Your threads are generic and boring. Go off what Car and Driver says

>can't decide between sporty car or reliable honda

Just get both. A Civic Si. He'll even the 8th gens are a blast to drive. They're as fast as a G35 in a straight, and are fun on a back road.

Whynotbothmexicangirl.gif

the 2014 and 2015 civic si's are still really good

the new 2017 civic si supposedly has a 1.5L turbo charged engine people aren't happy about it

Eh that's what they say but I bet a bunch of them will be putting accessports or whatever the fuck in them soon and trying to get to 250-275bhp with bolt-on's (which is more than 99% of Civic Si owners have ever managed).

youtube.com/watch?v=_nV5kdpYaC8

>bad on gas
>expensive parts
>weird Volvo over engineering on some things
>heavy
>expensive aftermarket
>engine is only limited to another 100hp b4 blowing up
>not real awd
Do not buy the auto, there is only more problems like the limited torque in 1st and 2nd gear in the 04 models.
Common issues, look on Google (the self adjusting shocks is one and the timing belt is another)
The price per year is very dependent on who owned the car before you and if they kept up with regular maintenance. Its expensive if anything breaks and the parts are not very common.

Also
>Horrific turning radius.
Be prepared to do 3 point turns during a U turn.

Don't buy a P2 R unless you are prepared to pay out the ass to maintain it. If you do I highly suggest making sure it does not have 4C suspension and xenon headlights. I would try to find a low mile 850 turbo or T5 wagon, way more bang for your buck than either car.

Actually nvm they all have the fucking xenon headlights haha.