/nosg/ - Nostalrius general

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17. (no one will play on here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!

>What faction are we rolling?
The Horde guild will be
The Alliance guild has not yet decided on a name

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg vag wowg world of warcraft

Old thread:

looks like it's crestfall then since no fresh server

reminder that only bullies play on the pvp server!

>WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!

>its another salty dog freshcuck thread

listen, rolling on crestfall when it comes out will happen. but you will still roll on the fresh nost server when it hits. talking about this shit is pointless. every new server will be rolled on when it hits. loyalty is not a thing, stop talking like it matters

Haaaa~

Horde are so predictable. You put a trap and a bomb in a very obvious spot, and they just run right over it!
Then Entrapment kicks in and I've got a whole 5 seconds to blow their dumb heads off. Sad!

>tfw heading 'home'

I missed you Vanilla.

>crestfall

pfft, get ready to be Smashed kiddo

upload folder pls

>salty cucks face when

It's not confirmed to even be coming out.

crestfall will never be released.

False flagging aside, i had high hopes for crestfall to fix the small details nost failed to deliver.

Too bad their server will be dead now, that if it ever delivers.

we will be rolling there!! I swear!!

Why is everyone so against a PVE server?

because it's being released before the fresh server

that doesnt really change what im saying
it doesnt really matter what servers do or dont come out

>all those underage and unifags who were looking forward to playing fresh over their christmas breaks

neets win again

World pvp is a big part of what makes vanilla vanilla for me

>christmas break

What are those like? I haven't experienced one since I was a teenager.

Anyone from Titans of War here? Are you guys recruiting?

>realm which existed for over a year is released before yet another fresh server
How dare they...

Yeah, so?

people that live in first world countries are used to democracy and majority vote

about 10% of people voted for the pve realm

I think there will be multiple reforms / merges since most of the guilds will lose a chunk of its players.

I imagine if you lost most of your mates you find a new one, if half of them left then merge with a guild with a similar fate and if you kept most of your buddies you recruit the missing pieces

We play 2gether foreignman

ni hao

tbqh BGs were the point where I found myself caring less about wpvp and more about character progression/pve

Reminder

Calm down. They're releasing the PvE server at the same time because they have literally nothing to lose by doing so. It was dead before and it's going to be dead now.

Meanwhile the fresh server would cause a major population split and they need to appease their oldfags.

>uninstalling insted of trying to convert retail players to the funside
You have 10 days left to do your fucking duty.

>j-just let me break the rules
>l-leave us alone!

LOL, have fun nostcucks, see you on crestfall

>democracy and majority vote
electoral college decided to cuck you and there is nothing you can do about it. feel free to make a change.org petition and demand fresh realm to be released first because bunch of kronos refugees and other illegals voted for it

>we don't usually mess with regular gamers
fuckin lmao

t b h fresh should be in december

i dont see what else they need to do except wait for the first 2 servers to be stable

>nothing you can do about

i can just play a server that doesn't have chinks, 5 ft view distance, and 2 second input delay LMAO

>December 17th
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

salty dogs discord invite please

so which one is that?

did you not participate in the stress test? With LESS people than they would have on fresh realm the server shat itself to the point of unplayable, even with awful draw distance and constant restarts. They have a LOT of work ahead of them if they are gonna launch fresh.

What should I say?

And for just as many people, it wasn't.

see you guys on crestfall then

I have no interest in being ganked by 60's all day everyday

t. Kripp

It's true on retail. Nost's goldfarmers are extra cancerous since Nost has actual chinese players that support them.

Just be a whitty shill. So many retail players dont even like being there, some love it with a passion. and some are clueless. If you cast your rod some will take the bait. I promise.

Fuck yeah! Reclaim the days of Glorious WoW and go forth to victory!

On Dec 17th.

> p.s. rolling a Gnome on PVE. Mage or warlock.

Yeah I'm a carebear. I don't care. Because Nost is back, baby. Wahoo, hyped.

> Mexican wave Gnome style

>thinking some russian developers can fix what the frogs couldn't while trying for 12 months.
The fresh server WILL have insane lag for the first few days, it will get better once people spread out.

More players in the same location increase load on the server exponentially, there is no way around it.

>rolling on a dead realm

lol no thanks, see you on crestfall brothers

Alliance guild is giving out free blowjobs to all who join!

are paladins actually shit healers or is that just a meme?

I mean I'd play dwarf priest but there seems to be a ton of them as they're the 'best healer' meme

Who will win

That's true. It's pretty hard to mess with anybody on retail due to the nature of the game now.

But we're not on retail.
ARE WE

It worked absolutely fine after 1 hour. Do you actually expect a fucking private server being able to hold over 8k people(not to mention like at least 3k who also wanted to log in) in 4 locations?

it will lag like fuck in the beginning no matter what they do, they will just have to release it and wait for it do die down a bit

Do the chinese farm the fuck out of the pve server aswell? If they dont i am considering rolling there

Going to be playing as a dwarf hunter when nost releases.

Give it up, Legion is the superior game in every aspect. Only reason most of us are here is nostalgia.

>it worked absolutely fine after one hour
I want to believe that. I logged off the stress test about an hour after it started, and it was COMPLETELY unplayable when i logged out.

They still exist and spam the fuck out of trade channels, but I can't say I ever had problems gathering resources as a miner/herbalist.

Legion is a fucking garbage expansion only seems good next to WoD and fucking panda land.
All gameplay aspects of legion is fucking shit too.
>we arent really jus giving you dailies to do thyre called world quests goy!
>you dont even need a group to do your dai-world quests!
>legendaries drop in fucking boxes.

>10% = 50%

uh huh

I mean, it wasn't a problem in retail's vanilla either. Nostalrius has a special kind of cancer due to its population,

idk hes got more health than that blue geared warrior so for you it might be close

Some but not in the same quantity by far.
China will be wherever the largest amount of people are. If the pve server got similar numbers to the two pvp servers (it won't) then china would be there for sure.
It also depends where the chinese streamers hype up as a literal zerg will follow them.

Real talk tho, user. You don't have to make up excuses for being a pve faggot who can't handle ganks here.

r u aus

wow warlord , about fucking time aye?

No, US.

Old nost i had ~100-120 ping. Was perfectly playable outside of short periods of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEe crashes

Kronos I had 200-250 ping at all times. Unplayable for me.

Elysium stress test i had 130-150 ping at first, which is playable. But then the server lag started kicking it, and then my ping spiked up to 400+ as well.

VANILLA A SHIT

BC WHEN?

LOL
>grim is back
still gets me fuck dude

I saw only one gold advert ("itemwow.com" or some shit) in general chat during the last stress test, but what surprised me was that its' text was brightly green colored.
How? Hax? Or a honeypot by the GMs?

t. Alex

It wasn't a problem in retail vanilla because there were Chinese clients separate from the english servers. Blizzard also has a huge customer support team; if you tried to pull what the Chinese are doing on Nost you were fucking outta there. Bots and shit had to be kept on the down low.

It initially seemed like a step up from WoD but then the reality sets in. The time-gating this xpac is fucking insane.
Nu-blizz is firmly committed to getting big box sales out of their xpacs and then coasting by with the people that remain, using time-gating to keep them between patches.

There is a reason they stopped announcing sub numbers, and it's not because they're doing amazing and want to keep it secret.
Bnet and mmochamp posters literally believe that Legion has 10m+ subs while their guilds and servers are dying. Rated pvp has lower participation in terms of amount of players than TBC now.

There is addon for that. You get muted for it. Also their website was filtered by Nost team so they had to type it like I T 3 M W 0 W etc

>Alliance guild has not yet decided on a name?

Why put false info in the OP? There's no Alliance guild at all and no plans to make one.
>inb4 Merove spergs out again

Hey guys remember when there was a 3 second delay in actions on Nost?
Heh, good times! :^)

It's a meme.

Paladins are great healers on any server using 1.12 talents/abilities (like Nost)

I don't know how to do it, but on normal servers you can color your text in general chat. The original Nostalrius had this disabled though iirc.

Not too mention getting a shitty legendary ruins your bad luck protection which makes it even less likely you'll get your 2 bis legendaries. Just look at any top guilds players present for server firsts etc they all have at least one of their bis, most have both. Getting a raid spot in a shitter mythic guild without your bis legendary or even one of your good legendaries is tougher now and completely out of your control. Why take the guy who does 60k less than the newfag who has his bis legendary? Joke expansion.

well, i guess im a #cuckforcrestfall now

Paladins are undeniably the best pvp healers. They're less powerful in pve since utility spells like sacrifice/freedom/bubble aren't as useful.

There's really no "bad" pve healers in vanilla though, even if Paladins might be the worst.

I always laugh when I see "we waiting u" or any variation thereof

mhm...

This is the same guy that spams that webm isn't it?

it feels more like a diablo mmo with WoW names/skins to be honest. I know RNG is a staple of mmorpgs but it just feels so unfulfilling.
I enjoyed mythic stuff early on but now that it's the same shit on tons of different difficulties, holy shit. I got suckered into resubbing by my RL friends and they quit even before i did. I'm a dipshit.

I was / sometimes retail. I still play Legion. But I play more and more on private servers these days. I won't say which specific server's but they are vanilla & TBC, they had the best talent trees and that's that. Legion is my final expansion with Blizzard unless they release retail vanilla and legacy servers. I am very much looking forward to Nost. I will play on Nost for vanilla and the other private server for TBC.

LOL

How do players on RP servers handle everyone being showered with legendaries, anyway? I mean, it's a bit awkward when every paladin is running around with Ashbringer or whatever, isn't it?

That was me, am I a dickrider?

I WANT A PTE SERVER THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE RELEASEF SOME DAY

Bye !

I saw some weebspelled variant of "Finalflash" playing a horde rogue.

I will never know if it was actually him......

usually youre looked down upon for pretending to be the assbringer in character

i remember some servers thought about doing a contest of some sort to decide who would be the canon wielder of the weapon for a while. dunno if they went through with it or just decided to let people decide on their own if someone would wield it for their guild recruitment

RP realms are steadily dying with the rest of the game because blizzard keeps treating the player character like theyre a god and everyone kisses their ass. meanwhile the person RPs as a fucking nameless grunt or a farmer

yeah
naaa

>mfw logging into retail and seeing how far it has fallen