Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

2017 year of yoga

Capcom is dead to me. The new Marvel looks like shit. They haven't made a game I consider decently designed through a solid understanding of fighting game fundamentals since MvC2. They're no better than Konami.

Pick up Skullgirls if you want to support GOOD fighting games made by expert players.

best girl

>girl

worked 3 years at Zynga from 2012-2015, started working at Popcap as an internal tools engineer.

Best SF girl maybe, but not best capcom girl.

>Late Beta
>With all those lighting issues and graphical issues.

You can still see the road when an Infinity Gem is activated, everyone is a flat color and that first stage doesn't even look done.

I love satire.

Just ordered this as a christmas gift for myself. Anyone owns any fighting game artbooks?

L-L-Laura's going to be in MvC:I right?

Hearing Ken can't confirm his target combo (b.mp xx s.hp) from standing jab anymore.

This alone makes him much less unga. Also people reporting that his air tatsu his much more easy to AA.

If satsuki really is one of the s2 characters I'm maining her day 1 2bh

She was easily best doll

Has that ESPN thing started yet? Will the new characters be revealed in the next 2-3 hours? I'm going to bed if not.

>Mobile
Well that explains everything.

Depends on who's the popular newcomer in Japan.

>mobile shit
>games

If I had to guess we're probably seeing either rashid or necalli.

Okay seriously what the fuck is up with SFV and misreading buttons?

I'm playing Urien and do Cr.Lk > Cr. Lp > H. Headbutt and for some reason it does the light headbutt even though the key display clearly shows it entered heavy version.

The fuck is going on?

Reposting from last thread

Overall System Changes:

- Non-meter wake up dragon punches now lose to meaty attacks across the board. Apparently only EX DPs are good reversals now. (Not tested with all characters, so could be exceptions)
- All jab anti air moves appear to be unaffected, but some claim they're worse. (Conflicting reports)
- Frame advantage and positions are worse after throws, you don't get as much/any(?) pressure from midscreen throws anymore.

Ryu:
- Startup for some normals is slowed down, but in V-Trigger his frame data is actually better.
- V-Reversal is negative on hit.
- Throw has no follow up (no more throw loops).
- DP 4f not invinc. (1/2)
- Normals feel a lot slower.
- V-Trigger activation = frame data changes (faster normals).
- Damage nerf all around(?).
- st.lk is still 4f

Ken:

Guile:
2-bar V-Trigger
Sonic Loop removal (rumored)

FANG:
- Special moves no longer need charge while in V-Trigger.

Bison:
- V-Skill can now STORE fireballs on demand, even use it in combos
- Standing Light Kick is 3 frames now.
- V-Trigger Light Scissors are faster.
- Target combo sped up but only links to Standing Light Kick.
- Walk speed has been significantly increased, both forward as well as backward.

>Part 1

"girl"

eSports killed Street Fighter

What do you think of the new marvel and umvc 3 ports?

Best boy (female)

they'll probably just show Rashid, Ant-Man and Gwenpool which we already know exist

Dhalsim:
- Crouching Medium Punch has better horizontal hitbox can hit chars further away.
- Stand Heavy Punch is now a crush counter, beware fireball throwers.
- Hitstun on limbs is now plus on hit, so it means you will have to respect his far limbs a lot more.
- Previously, Dhalsim's far reaching limbs were minus or 0 on hit, so you didn't have to respect him after being hit, now it's different.
- Yoga Anvil (Back + Heavy Punch) reduced in startup from 12 frames to 10. No more brainless jumping in.
- Back + Medium Punch went from 8 frame startup to 6 frames now.
- Hearing V-Skill has much faster startup, and float jab has more hit and blockstun so you can't just hit him out of it.
- Standing Light Kick went from 5 frames to 4 frame startup. Dhalsim can punish easier now with it.
- Standing Heavy Punch feels way faster!
- Slide Trigger buffed, flame doesnt go away anymore.
- Some of his far reaching limbs can be cancelled into super. Far range st.HP crush counter xx Super is a combo.
- Air Heavy Punch is slower.
- Down-Back + Medium kick is a real low which is ideal for midrange foosties.

Necalli:
- Does less damage on some combos.
- command grab is now kicks instead of punches

Mika:
- No more invisible wall for R. Mika with Toward + Medium Punch (Irish Whip). Needs to be in the corner to get wall bounce now. Can't change direction with Toward + Medium Punch anymore
- Clap is -6 on block now

Karin:
- Standing Light Kick is +1 on block.
- V-Reversal sends them full screen.
- Has air target combo.
- Jab reset still there, but no longer gets 50/50 mixup.

>Part 2

Stop drowning in capcom cucm and open your eyes. SFV still look as shit if not worse than during beta.

negative edge

Vega:
- Buster Claw (target combo ending with V-Skill) now safe on block thanks to more pushback.
- Buster Claw can lead to juggle opportunity if the first hit is a CC.
- cr.hp now a CC, can be followed with EX FBA or EX Aurora Slash if on corner
- EX roll travels less distance, more difficult to punish fireballs because of it.

Balrog:
- Upper Screw is a DP motion now.
- Still no invincible reversal even when using EX meter.
- Lower damage on EX rush.
- Damage seems overall the same.

Zangief:
- Lariat works farther out vs. crouching opponents. Including cr.LP 2x, st.LK, xx Lariat, no backroll after it.

Laura:
- EX Fireball now goes a bit higher

Chun Li:
- Can cancel specials into V-Trigger now as well.
- Can mash/piano input for Lightning Legs now, or still use the QCF + K command. Move properties same regardless of input, mash or motion.
- Instant Air Lightning Legs were nerfed.
- Fireball has a tad more recovery.
- Can cancel crouching light kick into lightning legs. Crouching Light Kick 2x, into Legs into V-Trigger Cancel works and then can continue combo from there.
- Standing Light Kick is now 3 frames, was 4 before, but apparently in AA situations, it has 5 frames of start up? (Conflicting reports)

Urien:
- Step kick is now performed by down-back kick

Rashid:

Ibuki:
- V-Trigger is now two bars instead of three. (rumored)
- New EX Stock (confirmed by F-W0rd)
- st.mk +1 on block

Alex:
- Can combo Toward + HP, Standing Medium Punch xx Light Flash Chop. Apparently Toward + HP (Lariat) is +6 now.
- Can combo Crouching Light Punch into LP Chop. cr.LK, cr.Lp xx LP Chop works!

Cammy:
- V-Reversal doesn't knockdown anymore.
- Standing Light Kick still looks like it's +1, instant tick throw still there.
- All dive kicks looked nerfed on block except V-Trigger version.

I never got into the drama with SFxT. People are worried that MvC:I will be terrible like SFxT because of the Infinity Gems.

What made SFxT bad?

>No assists
>Tag combos like SFxT
>Gems will be like Grooves
Absolute fucking haram

hidden on disc dlc

dlc power ups

gems
and no one did enough damage so 90% of games ended in a time out. honestly the 2012/3 version, i cant remember which, fixed a lot of the issues and made it a half way decent game but the damage had been done by then, and ultra had just come out so everyone jumped ship again

Could be cool to have a weapon user too. Plus it could bring in some weebs.

>Rashid, Ant-Man and Gwenpool which we already know exist
Mind telling me how we already know these exist and how "two characters" is equal to 3?

>12 characters locked away on disc (not including Pac Man and Mega Man on the 360 version)
>Broken DLC gems

sniff sniffblue

Forgot Juri:
-DP now doing with punches instead of kicks
-V-Skill has faster start-up

MvCI Stones != SFxT Gems.
At all.

demonik just told me he's going to drop gg for the new marvel next year

those were in the leaked screenshots before the announcement

i main stinky boat

SFxT initially was so boring. Time outs left and right for a couple of reasons.

If you thought the sleep fighter reputation was bad now, it was way worse in SFxT. Then the gem system and on disc dlc further fucked up the reputation. Plus SF4 was always right near it. SFxT never fully took over the SF role in the community. A guy like Daigo never even competed in a single tournament for SFxT.

Right now, SFV is the only SF game unlike SFxT.

I want to sniff them.

>- Buster Claw (target combo ending with V-Skill) now safe on block thanks to more pushback.
>- Buster Claw can lead to juggle opportunity if the first hit is a CC.
Makes sense they would buff this since it was literally useless before. Not sure how either of these things will be accomplished mechanically though. Does vskill have more pushback on block in general? How does the game 'remember' that the combo started with a counter-hit to cause a different state 2 hits later after the st.HP?

>- cr.hp now a CC, can be followed with EX FBA or EX Aurora Slash if on corner
This could be pretty crazy. It's is basically giving claw-on Vega Necalli's st.HK. I'm not sure he needed this desu.

- EX roll travels less distance, more difficult to punish fireballs because of it.
Fair, it was a bit OP. The amount of corner carry you got even if they blocked it was stupid.

>they'll probably just show Rashid, Ant-Man and Gwenpool which we already know exist
Pretty sure that leak was fake but I would be surprised if Rashid and Gwenpool are not in.

that's it? fuck me

Those fake as fuck screenshots that use mobile game models? Come on m8.

Go play Tekken Tag and Marvel Superheroes

People who think power stones and SFxT gems clearly didn't play either.

G I L L W H E N

Dante better be in it I fucking swear

Season 2 bonus character

These aren't all the changes. These are the changes players find out with the PSX build.

There is likely more to them.

>Right now, SFV is the only SF game
How did capcom and sony manage to travel back in time to erease all copies of pre-existing street fighter games?

I'd prefer Spider-Gwen.

Stop being a smart ass.

I want to know the staff behind infinite.
>yfw it's Itsuno

the changelist fucked up. buster claw isn't his target combo, it's his f.fierce lunging poke. the cr.fierce being a cc is big, allows for good damage

>people tried all the garbage characters but not birdie
what the fuck
everybody kinda acts like he doesnt exist. he's not even bad.

You would

Only if the capcom cock suckers and eceleb kids stop ruining the community.

The decision to make you lose the game if one of your team dies.
This led to the damage being too low for a tag game which led to the timeouts.
Also SF4 links and long combos don't mix well which made the damage even lower at casual to mid level of play.

It's Marvel itself

need i remind you that our boy filipino champ says that 2v2 is better and that the new game looks amazing?

>Capcom Cup grand finalists are a crazy asian tranny and a crazy asian that almost committed suicide
>Americfats are so desperate to prove they're better than the Japanese they still go GO AMERICA over these "great" representatives

Congratulations on becoming more degenerate than Brazil, I guess.

Cutest idol when

They're going to show Chunli and Captain America tonight.

I like them both desu

has there been another attempt at a chain grab system like King has in another series?

>my character needs to either have gigantic perfect gravity-defying tits or arm muscles that look like stage 5 tumors!!!

yesterday's tournament was the nail in the coffin for sf5. it's been exposed as a game that doesn't require any skill.

all the gods get knocked out, and 2 americans end up in grand finals, making this tournament no different from fucking wnf. sf6 when.

That's because Birdie looks like a big sack of shit. No one wants to play characters that look like garbage.

>Angry yurocuck
lmfao

Once Harada gets off his ass

God isn't real, little kid :)

>marveltard desperately clings to a new chance of 3 years with semi fame

>MvC2
Could someone explain this meme to me? It's an obvious joke game with mugen quality balance, given how it just reuses old sprites for most of the characters, and all of the "high level play" is based around glitches. Isn't that we dislike Melee?

is this what you do all day every day

I know, I just figure people would be thirsty for juri buffs and would test more stuff

We don't dislike melee.
We dislike nintentoddlers who play a party game competitively.

Solomon Grundy in Injustice

If F-Word can be happy about top 8 why can't you?

Characters more or less automatically confirmed are
>everyone who has showed up in the MCU aside from probably Black Widow
>Chun Li, Akuma, and whoever is the most popular SFV newcomer

and from there on it could literally be any character that's not part of the fox Marvel universe right?

OK quick lessong for you:
Capcom=good
not Capcom=LLMAOOOOOOOO ANIME NEET KUSOGE MASHER

this and bugging ono and other capcom guys about ingrid

I'm South African, idiot.

yet justin says it doesn't look that good. let's face it, champ is a better player and has a better understanding of fighting games, justin is a joke and his opinion is worthless, just like anyone else who doubts capcom

Birb is beautiful

FChamp talks about Nash S2 nerfs

>Nash S2 changes i noticed
>Backdash shorter range
>Forward dash seems slower
>Vreversal has recovery
>Vtrigger has more recovery

Be careful. FChamp is saying he got some nerfs as well!

can anyone remember the last time people from here played each other in a fighting game?

did he say what the nerfs were

That would be dumb as fuck considering Black Widow has SJ behind her

What should they play instead? I'm pretty sure if those guys all dropped Melee and started playing the games you'd like, you'd be even angrier since they're now at your scene talking to you.

>casuals thought mvc3 was too hard so they're making mvci easier

are you serious

What does that even mean? What does that have to do with my comment?

You do know those screenshots were obviously fake right?

Ant-man's mask brace has ridges on them. And had jpg textures in them.

Yes.

>Dhalsim received some nerfs also
>Light attacks has more pushback
>Cant combo cr.lp >st.lp >st.lk
>Air HP 9 frames from 7
>St.hp shorter range

He says he's much better at zoning now, less offensive. He still feels the character is mid/high-tier.

I played KI on firday.

It's not like the current gameplay trailer looks like anything special