Is this the most timeless and elegant design in automotive history?

Is this the most timeless and elegant design in automotive history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FWIP1V2Vjwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh boy, this thread again.

Can't wait for it to get filled with people posting cars they like instead, like it always happens

pop up thread?

looks like a shitty kit car still

anything with popups looks dated and horrible too

>elegant
Yes.

>timeless
No.

The NSX is clearly sporty but clean and minimalist enough also, but pop-up lights are a symbol of a time before pedestrian safety standards and other forms of automotive cuckery.

As far as timeless and elegant goes, stuff like the R34 Skylines and E46 3 Series tick both boxes. Clean, but not bloated like modern vehicles. But also not as angular and mean as early to mid 90s JDM or the E30/36 BMWs.

The same applies to the FD and C5. They look sleek and elegant, but the lights give away their age.

>popups
>horrible
Pleb.

fucking shit taste weeaboos

popups are a lame ass meme that look like shit

thems the facts

i disagree

>timeless and elegant goes
>R34 Skylines
Not everyone likes eating shit.

>came out in the 60's
>got a tribute in 2005 that looked almost the same and still managed to look modern

Nope. This is.

nice 4 4s
and yeah I agree

Kek why you pray game?

>itt 911s and japshit
Step aside

How the fuck did we go from the elegant, timeless lines of the C5/C6 to the ugly af C7?

These

nope! this is: youtu.be/FWIP1V2Vjwc

FnF meme tax aside, what exactly is wrong with the R34?

Looks good, doesn't look timeless. Looks like antique from WW2.

Do you people not know what timeless means?

like an iphone?

Someone shop angry eyes onto an FD for modernity

I thought it was called the Turismo.

breddy gud

NSX
F40
Supra
E Type

Designed in 1989 and still looks like some art student's "modern design" project.

Doesn't look anywhere near as good. The pop-up lights are iconic, and an FD without them just feels wrong.

The issue with "timeless" is that nothing truly is. By our current standards we'd be looking at things pre-bloat but without elements like pop-up lights, sharp pedestrian-splitting angles and wedges.

Something like the MR-S would pass, but I don't think it looks as good as the more dated SW20. Too much like a Boxster but with less grunt and even less space.

>Modern ford gt is just this car with aero x100

i love the c5 but kinda meh about the c6 i think the c7 looks way better than the c6 but the c5 looks the best, throw some headlight swap on it and get rid of those pos flip ups u got a winner bud

that actually still looks like shit

idk the c5 is by far the best looking vette though.

Pigfat.

I like it, but the meme tax from weebs, FNF, and everything surrounds it too much like to take it seriously.

This is unlike the NSX. Perfect weight distro, perfect setup, fantastic engine with fantastic output, top of tops interior and it has popups heads.

the NSX is just a midengined Accord

damn the cobalt's pretty rapid.

cant beat ef double hue dee's

I remember this car from NFS as a kid

still gives me a raging hardon to this day

Nope.

The gt r34 front looks pretty awful to be honest
Unlike the gt r33 (s2) thst still looks good

The NSX was fantastic, but for the price it sold for it couldn't afford to be anything less.

Non-GT-R Skylines were obviously far less involved but they were sold as regular sports cars, not something that chased after the Italian supercars.

>the meme tax from weebs, FNF, and everything surrounds it too much like to take it seriously
The fanbase is a bit shit, but that goes for plenty of things too. It's probably cheaper to import a cleaner, lower mileage one from Nippon than deal with the retards here trying to see their RB25DE R34 with GT-R badges for a small fortune.

>thread about aesthetics
>benchretard posts laptimes
It looks a bit plain, but I guess there's a bit of boyracer charm to it too. The rear end is horrendous, though.

First post best post pretty much.

FD still looks loads better than modern designs. You fucked up by posting Spirit R, though.

Original run (US at least), from '93-'95 is best. With later models (and Spirit R) Mazda fell into the "just give it a stupid fucking mouth" meme.

No it would be this

>timeless
When our insect overlords take over the post-nuclear apocalypse Earth it would fit right in

the z8 will never age, because it already looked like a car from the 60s as new.

> cheaper to import
Not unless you import a shit ton of cars at the same time. All cars less than 25 years old have to be meet safety regulations meaning air bag steering wheels, windshields, and fuel emissions. And a lot of the time they will be ran into a wall of the car isn't already tested by the manufacturer in the States.

They don't pay for repairs either. So, for the individual it's not cheaper at all.

its just an nsx, whats the big deal?

no first gen snek no care

>tfw live in monaro but can't afford one
I should really save up.