/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Ferrous Wroughtnaut Edition

Last Thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dgha9S39Y6M
github.com/jaquadro/StorageDrawers/issues/356#issuecomment-264686081
youtube.com/watch?v=vSudNS55k3M&t=20m44s
pastebin.ca/3744232
orespawn.com/mobs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9rBdyCCUmoY
youtube.com/user/JamesHenryBreasted
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chorus_Plant
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey whats the mod in the OP? I'm sort of new to minecraft and what to create a more rpg experience with tons of monsters, mobs, bosses, and even player classes.

Mowzie's Mobs.

Have never tried it, are the mobs good?

>I'm sort of new to minecraft
>And I want it to be an rpg
why the fuck can't there ever be newfags who want it to be a sandbox engineering game
why

There's only four from what I see, but they're very well animated. The one in the OP almost destroyed my diamond helmet with one swing of its axe. I didn't meet the last one, a boss variant of the tribesmen but he may be just as hard.

youtu.be/dgha9S39Y6M

>minecraft parodies
Please don't bump threads with garbage.

Normies can't comprehend anything more complex than swinging swords at things and grinding levels.

Can I spawn more than 1 portal to Ender cities in the new patch?

>Sandbox engieneering game.
Hey can you explain this to me. I want to build complex machines. I'm also new to minecraft, the modding scene atleast. (3 years or so now)

github.com/jaquadro/StorageDrawers/issues/356#issuecomment-264686081

Soon.

Tech mods with logistics + possibly programming if you use one of the computer mods.

It's just Cyclic that's broken as fuck, but since it's a N E W M O D FOR 1.10 HOLY SHIT it gets a free pass. That's FTB for you.

Trying out multimc but every instance i use(modded) throws this error out
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
Its somehow related to audio from what ive gathered, but im not sure what to proceed to fix it.

>pastebin of log
>any other pertinent information
Though it looks like from (EE) and alc_cleanup, it's related to equivalent exchange, which you should not be using.

Does anyone have experience with Recurrent Complex's maze structures? I can make the individual rooms spawn using /#gen, and the same goes for maze structures that I've painstakingly spent hours on, but the maze structures spawn as empty shells with no rooms inside of them no matter what I do. Here's the tutorial I followed which is 1.5 years old, uses blocks which no longer exist in the mod (maze generator blocks), and may be part of the reason why this isn't working: youtube.com/watch?v=vSudNS55k3M&t=20m44s I'm using minecraft 1.7.10, mod version 9.7.1.1, and IVToolkit - another mod which RC needs to run - version 1.2.1. This seems like the most up to date tutorial even though it's outdated by a year and a half, but maybe I missed one somewhere. The wiki is also outdated.

Maybe bug the modmaker for help?
No one really has that much experience with RC, or at least they've never made themselves known.

pastebin.ca/3744232

I dont have equivalent exchange

Almost all mods are going to be out of date. I had this on a server with some friends over a year ago since we last played ,i had it laying around and wanted to dust it off for single,but it was working when it was taken from the server.

Don't recognize the error, sorry.
Why not just rebuild the pack with updated and pruned versions of the mods?
Here is suggestions.
Bug might be caused by one of the ones I have in red, they're traditionally known for causing bugs.
Journeymap is bad for performance, I would suggest voxel.

>it cut off text
>Thing around bibliowoods is supposed to say framed furniture, means you can make bibliocraft stuff out of anything. Bibliowoods is just bloat.
>thing around chickenchunks is supposed to say dimensional anchors, actually working chunkloader mod.

>new pack
I'm lazy as fuck and i dont feel like sifting through the minecraft mod forums looking for things,when i might not even play it.

Got rid of everything marked previously,it gets farther but it still core dumps.

>play for about 3 days straight
>stop and don't touch for a few months
>repeat

how do i stop this

hoboserb stopped it for me
tfw no hobo

Play on a serb with your bros, get comfy and autism with mods you haven't played before. Take it slow and make grandiose elaborate plans and have fun trying to solve the issues that arise trying to make said plans come into fruition.

>Play on a serb with your bros
>with your bros
>having bros

>hobo serb is dead

What's the matter, do you have troubles making friends user?

>friends
where do you think you are

Doesn't mean you can't talk to other autistic children and still have fun, for example you're talking to me aren't you user?

orespawn.com/mobs.html
Thoughts? For me it seems like lycanites mobs 2.0 and some random dumb mobs mixed in.

but hobo is ded

EE is just a shorthand for error
some programmers use II/WW/EE for informational/warning/error

that's just openal complaining that it didn't get to clean up itself (because you crashed). it's completely unrelated to your error

anyways, update your optifine. preferably to D6

because all the engineering mobs are literally a "plop block down, supply power, task has been automated forever" power creep

aka magic blocks

>you will never be such a scrub that you cry about combat designed for children
feels good

>finally get a crucible going
>alloying some bronze and making some tools while I wait for the molds to fill
>bars that I was to slow to work aren't stacking so throw them back into the pot
>copper+zinc+bismuth+bismuth bronze isn't a valid recipe so I've got 16 bars of junk
At least the smithy is starting to look comfy.

GET A REAL FLOOR YOU HOBO

>try terraforming something
>ten minutes later Im done
Its shit
>have to spend another ten minutes fixing it
>back to the start
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So how would you design an engineering mod?

Protip:It mostly looks unnatural to you because you changed it

The problem mainly was that I tried to make natural looking something unnatural, I was trying to terraform a midsize box on the same height into an oasis which didnt turn nicely but I might figure out.

sounds like a plan

I love that transformation

what mods are you using?

everything pictured is terrafirmacraft

Something I don't get.

*Why* did Mojang waste time implementing useless nitwits instead of an useful feature?

Did you know that there's a TFC server?

They are basis for something useful
Shame they are nothing more

Yeah, that's what inspired me to start this playthrough. Unfortunately I've got some thirdworld tier internet so I don't think my connection could handle multiplayer.

>They are basis for something useful
What is this "something useful" then?

If not developed yet, why didn't they wait until developing it before adding the nitwits?

Because they can shit this stuff in a half hour and then go back to jacking it to cubes

Have you tried staying on for prolonged periods? Minecraft's internet stability might surprise you. I've played with Australian friends with no problems before

I can give it a shot

Things like quest, village management or things like that

if they get turned into a zombie, they can be healed via golden apples, and when they get healed, they now have a trade.

>*Why* did Mojang waste time implementing useless _______ instead of an useful feature?
every minecraft update ever.txt

Also what did you change your roof to?

The actual person behind the features is a lazy ass and left. The head person behind it only adds minuscule things while jacking off the console version and pimping the educational edition. Those vindicators were added in a mod years ago, but the Evoker looks like it took a drop of effort.

Post that picture again senpai it looks comfy.

Thx famalam

Goodnight /mcg/

What the hell.

What are those purplish growths behind the pillar with glowstone?

I heard it's some tiny item that a chieftain added while manually stimulating the console version and procuring tricks for the educational version.

tfw pigmen never

Today I found the "just fuck my shit up" setting on the Mining Laser.

rib

>those ore "textures"

This picture perfectly illustrates why I hate what mods choose to include.

You have a fucking jetpack and ultra mining laser, but you're still using torches.

I have night vision and magic blocks that stop monsters from spawning, and yet I'm still using torches. You can't explain that!

So, I offered my chunkbuild map up for review, because this guys has interesting videos on architecture & vidya:
youtube.com/watch?v=9rBdyCCUmoY

>tfw 3h video
>tfw I don't know what Medieval means
>tfw I'm racist because 'Oriental'
>tfw I don't know what a bungalow is
>tfw everything is too tall

Am I a racist postmodernist or is this a case of the 'tism?

>tfw I'm racist because 'Oriental'
Timestamp

>The "ur deceiving ppl bcuz when u log in ur in creative mode!" argument repeated ad nauseum

Yeah, he's just autistic

>but you're still using torches.
Can't beat that cheapness. Being a jew comes first and foremost.

Just after 1h in.
In contrast to the anglosphere we call the near east instead of whole Asia 'Oriental'.

youtube.com/user/JamesHenryBreasted

Call me old-fashioned ;^)

Oh fuck, I just remembered you exist. What's the link for your map? I want to try importing everything from it into Recurrent Complex (1.7.10 obviously), I'll need to learn how to do that first but it still might be worth trying to get mini buildings spammed everywhere.

I reworked all three of them for release soon! That's why I sent em for review first.

Good news, I'm working with RC 1.7.10 as we speak and the feature you mentioned is by far the easiest to work with

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chorus_Plant

can't you do the zombie cure on a zombie pigman? not that you can do anything with the resulting pigman

pretty sure that the pigman skin was removed from the minecraft jar eons ago.
but yeah, i think you can cure some zombie pigmen
does that give you regular villagers now?

Comfy as fuck.
I love snowy biomes.

flaxbeard's steam power had an interesting take on it since you had to manage how much steam you have in the system, however

>the mod has basically no substance, like a total of 4 machines, they eschew more complex steam mechanisms in favor of adding power armor content
>it's steampunk themed so it draws that kind of crowd

Buildcraft does something in the same vein with their lower tier engines which need to have their heat managed, but you can quickly move into higher tier engines which are fully automated. And unlike Flaxbeard, only the engine itself is at risk, not the whole power system.

rip

>page one

Maybe regular pigs?

When you can't even keep this general active and it's dying on almost a daily basis then you know it's time to find a game that's actually good.

why even come here and post then?

unless you're shilling for another game

There's no serbs up is why

how do I allocate more ram for my 1.10 pack? on osx btw

what launcher are you using

multimc

Hey noodlor, no, you're not wrong. He's an autistic pseudointellectual. I had to turn it off after a few minutes.

fuck. Noodlor why. I tried to turn it off and I can't and literally everything he's saying makes me more and more mad. This is the type of guy that makes me leave a gathering when someone brings him as a +1.

In the main menu right click your instance/modpack then select edit instance. Then select settings in the left hand side. After that on the Java tab, go to the memory section and edit from there. For most packs I'd set the minimun to 1024mb and the max to 2048mb, for a 1.10 modpack you might have to set the max up to 8000mb or even higher, considering how shitty and buggy that version is.

It bothers me a lot that even with Chisel and IE installed theres still no metal stairs.

It bothers me more than it should.

I don't think there's a single mod with iron ladders. All the variants of items reskinned and no one tried to make some silly mod with iron or lapiz lazuli ladders.

Malisis doors has metal ladders (Rusty Ladder).

But you're totally right, if there was a ladder mod it'd be COOKY CRAAAAZY! NOW WITH LEAF LADDERS AND ENDER LADDERS AND CAKE LADDERS WOOOI BOI