Luxury coupe

>luxury coupe
>6.0 twin turbo V12
>625bhp, 737 lbs-ft

Who's idea was this?

Whats wrong with luxury sports coupe with understressed engine?

i don't see the problem

Why would you need 100lbs-ft of torque more than a Challenger Hellcat in a RWD only luxury cruiser? It'll just spin its wheels up to 100mph.

why would you slam wot on a luxury cruiser?

Why buy the AMG model if you aren't going to use more than 400bhp?

A luxury car would feel like shit if it seem slow.

>coupé

there

for smooth smooth cruising

S63 > S65

Also, still a better choice than the Bentley Continental.

it's mainly for bench racing by boomers who don't even know what engine it has

Though an S Class Coupe is undeniably a boomer car, something tells me the average boomer doesn't want or care for 625bhp.

Wow, mercedes is still using that ancient engine for the 65 lineup.

Why

Cause it's a car for humans who reside in the 1 percentile of all people living on this Earth and they aren't some faggot who wonders
>Who's idea was this?
They just enjoy the luxury, ridiculous power and feels from their expensive car.

t. mentally disabled boomer

>M-MUH CRUISING

European jewnion wont let them throw money for new v12 research. They will keep using same v12 and v8s they have used in last 10 years and when they become completley outdated we will have S35 amg with 3 liter v6...

>It'll just spin its wheels up to 100mph.
Not if it has decent control systems which it does. This of course is something Americans with their crude understanding of technology and their crudely engineered domestic vehicles wouldn't understand.

>6.5 V12
>10 years old

Ha. That engine would be going to highschool if it was a human.

>muh car that costs more than a house has b-better technology that you guys!

Fucking autism

It does, and that's -why- it costs more than a house. Cadillacs aren't as cheap as they are because everyone else in the luxury segments rips off the buyers, it's because Cadillacs are built with the lowest possible costs to barely pass as affordable luxury in mind.

didnt say it was 10 years old, but that they will keep using engines that have been used in last 10 years which include that ancient v12

Control systems are just replacements for the driver

>control system limits power output until downforce/tire pressure are adequate to prevent wheelspin even if you stomp on the throttle pedal
or
>driver gits gud and does the same thing

Same end result, only the latter is more fun and more interesting in motorsport.

See: F1 constantly trying to ban traction control

I, for one, think the world would be better if you had to be an actual good driver to go fast. The idea of selling anyone with enough cash an easy rocket to 200mph, even if they don't have the skills to corner, or brake, or react, at those speeds is disgusting.

It's only tolerable with motorcycles because tryhards who think their ABS/TC equipped turbo kawasaki must be super easy to go fast on lowside and die anyways. Traction control can't stop rider inputs on a machine that small and dependent on body positioning.

Good for you.

i couldnt hear you over your massive fedora

>m-muh car is so fast I can only use 300bhp until I hit autobahn speeds!

Is this true?

It's mostly for bragging rights and Autobahn fun times. For real stupidity, Brabus sells a tuning kit for that engine which makes 1106 torks. Yep.

it's not some american pig mobile cobbled together by Bob and his cousin Steve. it can handle power without oversteering into a walmart.

Of course not, bigger engines are just hit with higher taxes and as a result have less of a mass market appeal.

Americans always rage in pride when their ancient V8 blocks are recycled for decades, but when a European manufacturer uses an engine for more than five years it's somehow terribly bad.

Good to know Mercedes is using magic to somehow get more traction out of the same tyre width and compound.

Yeah, it's called suspension.

Meant for this

>S550
You're a fine man
>S63 AMG
You're a man with a fine taste in luxury-sport GT coupe
>S65 AMG
You're trying too hard, get the SL65.

I don't see a problem here.

What's your point, OP?

>S-Class
>computer controlled hydraulic independent suspension and vectored power delivery

>Hellcat
>HEYALLZ BUBBA AN CLETUS LISTEN UP, WE FINALLY GOTS DAT ROCKET SCIENCE IRS KAJIGGER FIGURED OUT ... I THINK ... BUT WE NEEDS TO MAKE IT AS CHEAP AS YA CAN

Try e-mailing all luxury car makers to stop making fast cars for rich people because it triggers your autism

>this butthurt
Just kill yourself, you poor sack of shit.

>what is gearing
educate yourself, fool

>tell F1 drivers to get better
>moto gp riders
>rally racers
>lemans racers
>GT racers
LOL idiot, there is only so much you can do with your foot. do you even understand how cars work? Drivers "aids" allow cars to put down insane power with optimal performance. Your foot WILL NEVER be able to match that. EVER.
Those aids are far better than what a human can do. Because that's how power delivery works.

Control systems aren't a REPLACEMENT, they are an additon you faggot.
>mahhhhhhh why isn't every car like the were in the 40's!!!!!

Are you suggesting a Mercedes has longer gearing than a Hellcat?

if you want to call superior engineering magic, yes.