/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Operation Steel Wind Edition

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Comeback Victory:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3BhoxiuVs8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for honor

>tfw have to wait until feb for new ops, and even then they might delay until march like they did last time

I'm already tired of Hibana and Echo.

How quickly can you grind to level 20?

Misuzu is cool

If you play with people above 20, they can go to ranked and give you a rank before you hit 20.

5th for Rainbow Team confirmed savage

Should have deleted the Team speak section and see them complain all night

Outside sources always kill generals and its only a matter of time before it ruins us

Think I should go with Blackbeard then? I kinda dont want to because he seems cheap but it might be useful for someone fairly new like me.

Leveling up in this game is really fucking easy, especially if you play terrorist hunt for the ezpz renown.

Go for it. Anyone can do well with blackbeard no matter how shit they are.

If you want to learn the game buy Valkyrie. She forces you to learn the maps and to use cams. I bought Blackbeard early and ended up barely using him because he's just not fun.

Nah famicon. A few bad apples aren't worth killing a good thing. Besides, most people on the TS are pretty cool.

The vocal minority shitposters get bored eventually, even the saddest neet can't stay up 24/7 repeating the same phrase.

Just filter "honor" and the image MD5's and there you go. It's them flinging shit with nobody to hear

i mean youre acknowledging it, so it must be noticed right?

I'll second this on learning the game using Valkyrie too. If you start using Valkyrie later on and have no idea for spots to place your cams, people are going to give you shit for not having them in a proper spot since it'll be expected of you.

I just set up the filter. Was just advising everyone else to do the same

This thread seems less cancerous, postan gamebreaking glitch. This doesn't show it well because it fucked up, but in certain spots you can clip into the floor and see above you/outside.

Merci, Docteur
That hit the spot

pff female 'operators'

cant even put the phone down for 5 seconds

We will prevail

gotta take a selfie

Keep giving me more MD5's pls

If you're gonna shitpost you're gonna have to work harder for it, and all it takes is a simple click to undo your effort.

Hol' up.

You're telling me you beat Raven Shield 2.0 on Elite by just going on Observer mode with the AI and giving go-codes, with nobody dying?

I've been making all my own plans from scratch, yes. I try to come up with ones that are more consistent / faster / funner than the default ones. I've been spending hours having a blast here

>selfie

Just for reference, this is sort of the level of operator that I want to achieve

I can beat missions making my own plans and playing as one of the teams, even without autoaim, but beating them with only the AI and just as a spectator is a whole nother feeling of tacticool

youtube.com/watch?v=k3BhoxiuVs8

So what do you guys think of Echo's MP5SD?

Is it a hindrance or actually pretty workable?

What kind of artist do you think Glaz is? one who sketches with a pencil or one who paints on a canvas? Need help for a comic idea I'm working on.

of course I didn't do that with nobody dying.
whenever someone died I would restart.

the preset plans are already pretty good, but have some kinks here and there that don't account for the AI's bad cornering capabilities and inability to snipe from far away.

Canvas I think his intro movie has him taking about painting on one

Workable but overall it doesn't make sense to have a suppressed only gun on a 3 armor.

He is described as a painter saying that his art style is "colorful and expressive". Hard to do with a pencil.

Do you ironsight faster with a reflex/holo compared to acog or is it only the angled grip that affects that?

I think you do ADS slower with an ACOG. Which is why using an ACOG on LMG's is sometimes a bit unwieldy, because LMG's tend to have longer aim down sights time as well.

do you hipfire from the hip?
or from your forehead like ADS?

another user here.

in the old R6 games, is there any ever circumstance when you don't want to be using a supressor on everything? it just seems like when you don't, everything is much harder because terrorists swarm you from unexpected angles and they kill hostages if they hear you. am I missing something or is the customization relatively shallow, then?

From the torso I believe.

I don't know, I always used the suppressor.
when I started playing Siege, I always used the suppressor too.

the absolute madman.

Off topic, but hell yeah you're right

Going loud is a self imposed challenge if you want to look at it like that.

>
I mean, I could add in stuff about countering bandit tricks, but I felt like the guide was supposed to be a 101 for new players on how to use an operator, what their role in the team is. Bandit tricking is more intermediate tactics, and sticking with Thatcher is already stated in Thatcher's guide.

The main thing i'm worried about is making it too long, and I tried to write it in a format which stayed in line with the ones that had already been written.

If you want to write a better one i'm not going to stop you, I just want the pastebin finished because half-finished things just rub me the wrong way.

What's the point of having a compensator and flash hider when you have the muzzle break?

Don't demotivate people. His contribution was good. I'll add it soon along with the other thing about custom matches.

All contributions are welcome.

user, all it takes is a simple click to undo your md5.

ever clicked the little pencil icon beside the S in the file submission on a quickpost?

fyi it's a super light version of paint.

one little black dot and bam

And by that I mean it's also cool to critique each other and review them in-thread, so I can post up the final version.

If you have the few minutes to write something up it's always a huge help. I've been swamped IRL so I can't really even play Siege or write much on the guide. I still browse around here though

I just bought Seige and I spent yesterday doing situations, and today doing MP. I play Thatch, IQ, Pulse, or Doc, and usually just follow my teammates' lead, but don't feel very helpful most of the time.
Doc feel useless unless you are holding down with a long killzone so as not to have you mates instantly double-tapped, and the others seem to need communication though my mates have not been very chatty.
Any pointres?

from the middle of your screen
particle effects are calculated along a line from your gun, so to others it may appear like you're shooting a crate or a wall, with little sparks and shit to that effect, however if you can see past it on the middle of your screen where the xhair is you can shoot it

And I can just click again and it's hidden once more. It's like a whack-a-shitpost

Not to mention that you're limited to never being able to use the meme-word you want, because I can just filter it along with similar spellings

If you want an arms race feel free to waste your time

Step aside Krapkan

New OTP coming though

Thanks for helping the cause. HONOR FOR LIFE.

Thank you for helping the cause user,

May honor be forever at your side.

>George-posting
Oh hey I didn't know this was a thing. Got any more rare Georges?

>join the teamspeak they said
>it's good they said

wow what a fucking child

Read the OP guide, friend!

It is good. Just avoid the two or three shitposters and you'll have fun.

>just avoid the shitposters they said

>it's an "enemy team rushes spawn" episode
literally one guy got ghosted by FairFight between the point when we all died and the round ended.

the ironing

Yes, that's what I said. Do you have brain problems user

now you are the shitposter, john.

Blonde amputee :^)

Friendly reminder to vaccinate yourself against shitposting. It's that time of year again.

>just avoid the shitposters they said

I'm fresh out of hot local Georges, but if you have any rare spicy George I'd be happy to view them, friendo.

Why is there cum dripping down his left leg?

asian grill near him

Wowza! Wow.

Look, h.o.n.o.r will prevail.

H
O
N
O
R

I've only got this for now, but I'm afraid it's not really rare. Hope it's sufficient

>can just add the permutation with dots
>can just add the other words of your meme

I will force you to distort your meme for as long as you want. It's not really necessary to mention the techniques to filter you again, even. It's always sweeter leaving someone with the doubt if they're muted and just shitposting into the void, begging for attention.

Don't stay up too late past your bedtime.

I promise you guys I will make the next OP not have the teamspeak info listed

Im crashing this general

with no survivors

Is this game's lighting still fucked?

Yes

now i don't anymore, I dislike the recoil.

I really, really like this "Web-Em" image, and I'm hoping that you wouldn't mind if I saved it.

>I will do this petty inconsequential action just because of like two idiots in the general, ruining it for everybody else who actually has fun operating in the TS
Nah, you won't. The pastebin is also kind of a useful thing, you see.

Do you do this with every meme?

Just drink that vitamin h man

Until then, gents.

If you think this shitposting is bad your gonna ruin this place if you do that

>implying it's not a TS falseflag

It is a falseflag,

I am not ts, and never wish to be

>there will never be another R6 like the first three

>pull visor down over eyes
>lean backward to see straight
>OORAH

Removing the TS would be a bad move. Just because some shitposters that may or may not be from there are being retards in the general doesn't mean that you should keep the TS from drawing in new people.

Agreed.

It'd be like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I've seen this kind of stuff happen to a lot of generals before. This is just the beginning.

I'd like to join the TS and have fun but keep memers to a minimum.

Can anyone just namedrop the shitposting faggots please, so I can avoid playing with them? I'd argue it's good practice to publically shun them, since fucking no one likes what they do.

2007-2011
Multi

Well they are user so it could be false flagging After you play with them, you will know who they are

Claim your operatorfu*

Okay, thank you. There, I don't think that was that hard.

Public shaming of looked down upon actions in a small community like this is not a bad thing, imo. Holds anons up to some sort of non-spergy, functional human being behavior standard that everyone should expect from adults, even if they're from Veeky Forums.

Also avoid playing with Astropolitics/Ayyyliens unless you can handle the bullying/bantz

[BEEP]

I don't mind bants. My only intolerance is towards shitposting kids that can't go 5 seconds without spouting a meme.

PhysixCat hasn't been on too much recently but try and play with him when he is. Chillest dude I've met on there yet.

aylien isnt a bully

>99% chance the South Korean CTU is going to be the 707th Special Mission Battalion
>They apparently use the K11
>It's a combination rifle and grenade launcher which uses conventional and air-bursting 'smart' grenades
We got ourselves a new operator weapon and gadget here, boys