>Helpful links
pastebin.com/1GThtBUt
>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
poe.trade/
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAEHQAF4ILtCteoQZjk2SI_aNfTB8WhrDM2egSn3jn4d2QzFM_49gmmpvJyPTTipbrxcmmybC7A2NkoDY1ZOQvwBqlSLqKjjDOiSLD6sWv-1B4tWdqvzFeOubjQqb5wpsjGKspcs8voNtDPJvV3gZwaDWB4_BSxyNgRX9VP75Y19wlLjTfhutsbMMc5VmA4e95j7P_94k_edUUUdXl7TF7YPvev66fXUmlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13ydf0R1ejWz3qyGTIBS3jdqDBx1CMFtTpCjb96U2HrDkgRlgEJuNndSGNwYEG-p2VNvTZHfhX2YnkABg==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Veil_of_the_Night
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAEHQAF4ILtCteoQZjk2SI_aNfTB8WhrDM1boSn3jn4d2QzFM_xcm3Q3C7A2NTirY1fzFRfRkr4o4SVHw1ZUuBx4Wv-1B4tWdqmego4qbjTY9ES9sjGKspcs8voNtDPJvV3gZwaDWB49gmmoV_e0_N9RfcNRC036Eb7VI62OVZgOHveY-z__eJP3nVFFHV5e0xe2D73r-un11JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8nX9EdVvJyPTS3jdqDBx1CMFtTpCjb8OSBGWAQm42d1IY3BgQb6nZU29Nkd-FfZieQAG2sF07QUteu8uU9Nv7g7glZ-CW68=
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

5 spelltotem flameblast

I just played for 17 hours straight. Time for bed.

>Every 10k armor grants you 5% reduced elemental damage taken

Thoughts?

2 Totem heavy Crit variant a better.
I really wish there was an Arcane Flameblast.
>Arcane Book Totem
>Arcane Flameblast
>Stormcaller armor set

sleep tight puppy

Grab a Granite, 100% roll, suddenly you have 4.8 seconds of 100K+ armor
>50% reduced elemental damage taken if not more

multistrike is a better spell echo for melee gems

I'm trying to think of ways to make armor not shit

that's probably the best I could come up with to make it similar to ES

And then you totally fuck Evasion down the gutter.
Armor and Evasion are mechanically bad in practice, as is Life. But balancing this asymmetric system is almost impossible.
>Life and Armor (Red)
>Life and Evasion (Green)
>Energy Shield (Blue)
Do you see the problem?

No. Having different forms of defenses that work well vs different forms of damage is fine. Armour works well vs relatively small physical hits, does virtually nothing against the rest. This is okay.

The more you try to make something a one-size-fits-all thing, the more you take depth away from the game. Players know the tools available to them, in the form of generic mitigation, armour, endurance charges, flasks, evasion, block, dodge, curses, movement speed, energy shield, etc. It's up to them to decide what's best for their character.

Consider the following: a CI build is rarely ever a matter of an intelligently crafted character. It's just, stack enough ES to survive reckless playstyle while leeching it back with VP. Boring. The game is a lot more interesting if you have to think about layering your defenses rather than just buying ES gear and reaching 15k ES.

Except all those mitigations combined are still worse than ES on its own and have much higher investment rates.
>30 points in ES gets you 200% Increased and 15% MORE
>30 points in Life gets you 130%
>And then you gotta get all those other defensive layers that eat points as well while ES gets utility/similar defensive layers/MOAR DAMAGEE

never been to this general but if you aren't playing Raider this league you are missing out just letting you know

You're missing the point, I'm saying ES could use a rework, armour is fine as it is with its pros and cons. Rely too much on one thing and you should get killed by your weaknesses. Rely too much and armour and you should die to elemental damage, rely too much on block and you should die to degen or just plain bad luck, rely too much on blasphemy curses and you should die to off screen ranged damage, rely too much on minions and you should die to AoE/chain etc.

The fact that stacking ES is one of the most powerful form of defenses currently is the anomaly, the issue that needs a fix. Really dislike this mentality of "oh A isn't as good as B? better buff the fuck out of it, lack of depth notwithstanding". Imagine if VP wasn't in the game, then ES becomes its own form of unique defense, good buffer but weak to sustained damage.

is it worth losing your evasion rating for armor with iron reflexes?

i would think that it would be bad to lose whatever % chance you hace to evade

Except there's a flaw there too, user.
ES is the best, but also, ES still rips easily to random bullshit, when coupled with other layers.
It's not ES is too strong, everything else is too weak, especially Life. You really can't buff Armor, Block, Curses, Evasion, or anything besides Life without benefiting ES, since they can just appropriate it in most cases.

And if you buff Life, you also buff Low-life builds, so it's a total fucking mess.

>make life mandatory for ES builds by letting ES reduce damage only partially
>life can now be divided from the equation
>you now balance the 3 defenses around each other
Armor = phys mitigation, playstyle around avoiding elemental damage
ES = elemental mitigation, playstyle around kiting to avoid physical damage
Eva = bit of both worlds but still sucking dick in the end but having best mobility to deal with both

What's so good about it?

377%+ IAS with almost 100% uptime on competitive builds
youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg

Not really, ES without VP isn't anything game breaking desu, it fits builds that manually avoid damage since they can tank a hit, then let the ES recharge do the work. Just a small relocation of VP or rework of it would do wonders for the disparity between life and CI.

Ultimately, it should be whether your choices matter or not, a 20k ES build is better than a 15k ES build, no doubt it, and a 100k armour would be strictly better than a 75k armour build under your suggestion, do you start seeing the issue with such a one-dimensional approach? Choices mattering is a lot more interesting than "I have a bigger X number than you, I'm better than you!"

Currently, stacking armour past a point isn't really beneficial, which is good because that's where players start taking different approaches, bruteforcing physical mitigation with lots and lots of armour, or endurance charges, or AA, or a long duration IC, or a bit of all of those, and so on.

Alright, boys. I got some skin transfer from last season's races. What are the best looking piece of gear I can get?

Better off having a keystone like

>8% of armour applies to elemental damage
>Cannot Leech

leave slayer alone

just tweak armor to give 0.5% all elemental res every 250

> play Vaal Fireball build
> turns out flame blast + fire storm + cast when channeling is a billion times stronger than fireball could ever hope to be

Why is mathil such a hack? I literally outbuilt him without even trying.

>Last one standing

EZ 40c

>bought an astramentis for 25c

How are Vaal spells even viable when you need kills to charge them and most of the good ones store 1 charge at most?

Best SRS links? Is Echo worth it anymore, or do you use added fire instead, and go for haste as aura?

ID only good bases early league and keep UNID for 2x chaos, right?

No point in echo anymore

Tfw sold a Breach ring with 72 life, 11-25 cold and phys damage,and +6% all res for 2c

Was it stupid? Did I get jewed?

Just swap echo out for multistrike

>free
>FREE
>free
>free

I bought a breach ring with 77 life and 78% total res for 1c

You're my favorite freeposter

>breach ring meme
who fucking cares? there are better implicits.

implicits can't double a ring

Your resists should be capped outside of a breach anyway and whoodie fucking do ~140 life. Don't tell me you are a hardsnore no fun shitter running some meme build.

extremely low price if you could craft another res on it
you played yourself

>100 instances of dried lake
>only 1 div box

nerfed

you just dismissed double base phys rolls, double base life rolls, double rarity rolls.
you are dumb

how often are you spending in breaches though, honestly?

>what the fuck are breachlord maps
>also breaches are literally everywhere and are rippy as fuck

Give me one GOOD reason to leave Dried Lakes ever.

Anyone got input on max block gladiator? Leveling one and it seems fun. Tanky as shit. Is static strike the way to go?

it's not about the time in the breach
its about how many things i can kill in the breach
with 10-20 base phys
and the equivalent to a free item rarity gem

>melee

lmao

>melee
>over """"melee""" like EQ/BF

clueless retard

>play an outdated build
>it's weaker than the new hipster fotm

who woulda thunk xd

Oh well.

You live to learn.

>introduce a friend to the game
>he finds a portal gem in A1 normal
>before cruel closes he's found a tabula, astramentis and an exalt
>mfw I had no face to begin with

if you don't get accustomed to breach difficulty in maps, you're going to die in your first yellow

bad player here, how is this tree for a claw reave/dual strike? I just wanna go fast and not die

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAEHQAF4ILtCteoQZjk2SI_aNfTB8WhrDM2egSn3jn4d2QzFM_49gmmpvJyPTTipbrxcmmybC7A2NkoDY1ZOQvwBqlSLqKjjDOiSLD6sWv-1B4tWdqvzFeOubjQqb5wpsjGKspcs8voNtDPJvV3gZwaDWB4_BSxyNgRX9VP75Y19wlLjTfhutsbMMc5VmA4e95j7P_94k_edUUUdXl7TF7YPvev66fXUmlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13ydf0R1ejWz3qyGTIBS3jdqDBx1CMFtTpCjb96U2HrDkgRlgEJuNndSGNwYEG-p2VNvTZHfhX2YnkABg==

diviners are non-existent now

>claw
don't bother

so many complaints about Breach being overtuned
shitcrows getting their first real taste of a hardcore league I guess

>not die
Then grab more life

I thought it was hardcucks who were complaining? Shit's fun.

>Allies can not die aura in a breach
This is the worst thing in the game

not enough life
why pick up leech per second nodes if you are going VP
bad value claw nodes
Revenge of the memer
picking up (bad) block nodes when you are going Acro
traveling to motherfucking frenzy charge duration

it's shit user

hardcucks just avoid breaches kek
shitcrows are baited by the lure of loot loot loot and can't stop dying

It's not about being overtuned, it's about how stupidly fast the mob spawn. Even if you have a reasonable dps, the moment you activate the breach your FPS will drop to 5

fukkin lmao

standard masterrace

teach me how to spork, I've never tried it. I understand that going for inquisitor is the best but what about the tree? Also, can I spork without all the corrupted jewels?

forgot

>not picking up aspect of the based lynx when you are 1 point away from it

that build is shitposting and you know it

high 5 bro :)

the game has changed, kiddo
check fork's description
now check pierce's description
which one do you choose?

pierce

most wise

Anyone trying frost blades? Targeting change and 30+ range makes it work pretty nice as ""melee"". And it isn't blade flurry, so it can use any weapon type and isn't for faggots

kinda low base damage

Noob here. How good is Ice Crash? Why does everyone and their dog take EQ over it?

are they really that much worse than daggers? I don't really care about having amazing clearspeed in endgame maps and the survivability seems nice.

how much life do I need? I got to 185% by fixing the dumb mistakes you pointed out but I almost never play evasion characters so I'm not sure how much I should aim for
>bad value claw nodes
should I drop Claws of the Pride and travel to Deadly Dilettante? This seemed more efficient
>picking up (bad) block nodes when you are going Acro
I wasn't sure how else to get to acro without wasting a ton of points
>traveling to motherfucking frenzy charge duration
what do you mean? I only took frenzy charge duration to get extra frenzy charges

not shitposting, I'm genuinely retarded

is cyclone a bad idea this league?

>like 700 instances of dried lake merc
>only 1 div box

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING GGG NERFING FUCKING DIV BOXES

Ice Crash is great, but EQ is just better

hell no it's fucking GODLY this league
>attack range increased on all weapons
>god tier Breach clearing because they attack from everywhere

>is dealing damage in an AoE while moving a bad idea in Zerg rush: the league

Cyclone will always be meta

so if you take the dodge nodes the new item, skin of the loyal, boosts your dodge up to 80%, right?

dodge's capped at 75%, same as block

Is it still clunky and stops when you lightly touch an object though

"defences" include armour, evasion and energy shield

it doesn't double your block or dodge, fucktard

Meanie

it's great until you get to a boss but if you scale proj damage you can swap out Spectral Throw + Slow Proj

>defences
>c
nice spelling, retard

it's the NZ spelling, retard
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Veil_of_the_Night
sit the fuck down??

aint where should I instance spam for div boxes
dried lake is fucked

tidal island

Used it when leveling a blade flurry build
Ended up abandoning blade flurry for it
Extremely gear dependent, it gains basically nothing on leveling
Clears relatively fast but is clunky, you get the habit of spamming click instead of holding because of how it works still
P. fun and satisfying
Use with viper strike or something for bosses

Are there any builds which are seriously tanky?

Every time I watch PoE game footage melee HP seems to ping pong up and down like crazy.

>diviners are non-existent now
I've run into 3 diviners so far today. Still didn't get anything worth >2c from any of them.

it's retard spelling. kiwis sound like fairies anyway

I'm starting to think divination boxes are limited to an account per day

it takes some serious work to kill an aegis 78/78 block gladiator

or a lone volatile zombie

something like this, but I genuinely just disagree with claws, their itemization AND nodes are just worse than dagger in any way

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAEHQAF4ILtCteoQZjk2SI_aNfTB8WhrDM1boSn3jn4d2QzFM_xcm3Q3C7A2NTirY1fzFRfRkr4o4SVHw1ZUuBx4Wv-1B4tWdqmego4qbjTY9ES9sjGKspcs8voNtDPJvV3gZwaDWB49gmmoV_e0_N9RfcNRC036Eb7VI62OVZgOHveY-z__eJP3nVFFHV5e0xe2D73r-un11JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8nX9EdVvJyPTS3jdqDBx1CMFtTpCjb8OSBGWAQm42d1IY3BgQb6nZU29Nkd-FfZieQAG2sF07QUteu8uU9Nv7g7glZ-CW68=

should post link next time

>lone volatile zombie

what's that