Should I finance a car for $13,000 if I work minimum wage? I have $10,000 in saving and $1,000 in cash...

Should I finance a car for $13,000 if I work minimum wage? I have $10,000 in saving and $1,000 in cash. I make $800 a month and calculated that is be left with about $200 a month. $150 for insurance(may be smaller), 50 for gas(im look at economy cars), and the maximum I would pay for the car note would be $280. I got a pre approved loan for $14,000 and my limit is $13000. I plan on getting a better job once I get a car tho. Is this smart? I do what to do buying cars stresses me out

You can't barely afford a bus pass let alone a vehicle.

LOL no. At that point, just buy a cheap, reliable car. For like $3-$5k.

Holy fuck, no.

Do not do this. I did the exact same thing you're considering 2 years ago. Huge fucking mistake.

go for the 3k civic meme

Yeah I figured. I live with my parents and don't pay for any utilities and food and it's gonna be like that for a year or two so I figured I could get away with it. I ask people and family members if it's a bad idea but they give me that vague saying
>if you don't feel comfortable with it don't buy it
I already don't feel comfortable shelling out $5000 for a used car.

Save up a few more months and then blow your savings if you really want the car. Otherwise, go used. If you have good credit, though, you can lease for less than $200 depending on where you go and what you get.

Buy something cheap around $1k.
I'm in the same boat and just got a Citroen for £360, 1 elderly owner from new, 73k, full service history.
Keep looking and you'll find a cheap gem.

>10000 saving
>1000 cash

What do you have a bond your gammy gave you? Why don't you just have $11000? Why are pours so fucking retarded about money?

Fuuuuck no. NEVER spend all of your savings.

Buy 7k car, finance 3k of it to build credit and for sub 100 dollar car payment. 7k will get you a decent car or fantastic shit box. Look for a miata with a hard top.

No that's the money I saved up from the last two years. The cash is the tip money I earned back when I was a busboy.

If you want to ruin your life, sure.

idk if I can finance a car under 7 years old and from private sales. The best used cars are from craigslist and shit but I don't want to shell out 7k from savings

Go through a bank.

Most banks due personal car loans. Private car sales places are awful. NEVER finance through a "buy here pay here"

Do*

I have a 2001 ford explorer sport with a bad engine. I was changing the altenater and I guess I did something wrong and the engine blew out cause the belt or chain broke outta timing. Could I get a $3000 loan for credit buildings sake for a new engine? A new jasper engine would be about $7000. So $3000 loan and pay off the other $4000? I'm not finacially smart

/
what interest rate? how stable is your job?

8.25% and im pretty much one of the only reliable people at work so I know I won't get fired. The max I would pay in car notes is 280. I decided to get a car for under $7000. I knew over a$9000 was a bad idea but I just wanted something newish and more reliable

don't finance anything. buy a civic with 2500 of your savings. get a credit card to pay for repairs and pay it off every month.

>pre approved loan
>those income stats

Enjoy only being to be able to finance a 2016 ford focus.

Go to a bhph, find something cool for less than 10k and save up a down payment. On second thought for that pre approved loan youll have to make a down payment for that too. Probably from 1500-3000 with that amount being financed (14k)

Tfw I make 75k a year and I am still nervous about buying a car over 10k.

>$13000
You thinking of buying a Versa?

That's because you're smart and OP is a retarded kid.

Always pay for cars in cash, retard

whats wrong with financing to build alittle credit? doesnt have to be a large sum

>I plan on getting a better job once I get a car tho.
Flip that sentence. Afford things once you can, don't work to control the damage of getting somethiung you couldn't afford.

No get a cheap run about til you are earning some decent money, you never know whats around the corner user. Keep some cash saved.

Rare to see an user that understands the true value of his money

>spending more than 10% of your income on a vehicle
Tyrone detected. enjoy your bad credit, jackass.

Plebe tier earnings means plebe tier car. Spend your $1000 on a shit box and start saving for the stuff that will go wrong with it. I pay less on my car loan than what you're saying, and I make $80k/year and drive an e90.

Serious question for you anons that are good with finances, would a bank give me an incredibly low interest loan for a car if I had all of the cash that the car costs (plus extra money) in savings?
Could I put it down as a 'credit-building' loan if so?
I'd like to keep 100% of the money for the loan in savings, to be automatically taken out every month for the payment, to build my credit for a while, instead of paying outright cash for the vehicle.
I hear this would also let me haggle the price a bit lower for the vehicle, since the dealership gets bonuses/incentives for getting people financed.

You could always get a real job and not have this struggle

i can pay the car off. i have enough money in the bank to pay about 4/5 of it off. i was just gonna use my pay checks to pay it off and leave my savings alone. i know now its a bad idea but i could still pay it off and be left with alittle over 200 a month which is good enough for me at the moment.

>minimum wage
>$800 a month

fuck you OP. i hope you think its a great idea and become poor like me

try a credit card, faggot

I make 800 a fucking week.
And I drive a shitbox I built up for 4k over half a year.

Spend the money on an education to get a better job you retarded poor.

>Should I finance a car for $13,000 if I work minimum wage?
Shit only americans say