Is there anything more demeaning and cringeworthy than minimum wage workers?

Is there anything more demeaning and cringeworthy than minimum wage workers?

better than bums/government workers/military.

i work at a grocery store and have 8 million in the S&P. it's not demeaning but what else am I going to do

Minimum wage jobs teach the youth the importance of striving for a job that not anybody can do.

Minimum wage jobs teach the youth the importance of [being intelligent and doing good in school] / [being born rich] / [being struck by luck] / [realizing that heroin usage might not be such an irrational life choice after all]

I've worked several shit jobs

the perfect motivation to get into something comfy/lucrative . A lot of my friends didnt get many jobs or no job before college and they cant cope with working an entry level position

everyone should work a min job at some point. I worked donkey-level construction where I'd do shit like sweep for 8 hours straight or fucking scrape construction adhesive with a razor for an entire day (exhausting work at 15min in) and I hated it and then got a job at the local Bestbuy as salesman then tech then in-home tech now I work at an IT contractor. Arguably it started with the shit job and arguably college had nothing to do with my current 75K salary

Uh, how??

Govt. gets nice benefits and, by definition, average pay.

Military pay ranges from shit to pro-tier and everything you might need to spend money on in life is paid for.

Neither of those are remotely as cucked as some slave-by-choice burger job

Minimum wage workers are working for a business, that helps make people money.

Government workers/military get paid more, but they are stealing money from citizens and being an expense on society.

Minimum wage workers have more to contribute, and will probably be owning a business rather than being a government drone hoping the Right wing doesn't slash their minority pensions.

Spotted the liebertarian. Birthed yourself, educated yourself, and all that, did you?

see how long the west would thrive without the military enforcing its fucking laws and use of trading fucking valuable goods and resources for stacks of dollars with dead presidents on it.

You ignorant marxist cuck.

Zimbabwean Dollars don't count

Well put. I'm washing dishes and each day I'm closer to my accounting degree. Then I'll be happy.

>Accounting degree
>then I'll be happy

Who else would do the dirty work? Immigrants?

its called being a capatilist...

Military is communist, you should have honey rubbed on all of orifices, and locked in a sealed chamber, to allow your head to stick out, while bugs eat your body, and you shit yourself to death you communist traitor!

My parents did, not the government

Most people in this thread sound like a bunch of lazy fucks.

Minimum wage is shit pay, but the work isn't that hard -- hence why you only get paid minimum wage.

I agree with bums wholeheartedly and to an extent government workers.

But for people in the military, from what I've seen it's a shitty life. A close friend of mine was doing 12 hour shifts for a year straight in Afghanistan with no days off. FUCK THAT.

- Living on the street
- Being infantry military for a misguided, fraudulent, capitalist-pig government

>Minimum wage is shit pay, but the work isn't that hard -- hence why you only get paid minimum wage.

No. To be honest I'd say its the opposite. Minimum wage jobs don't require much brainpower, but they can be very hard work. Try washing pots in a kitchen, Its still probably the hardest job I've ever had. Long hours, crazy heat, People shouting at you five times a minute. I'd bet I worked much harder for my hourly rate in that job than you do for yours.

Minimum wage workers are treated like shit, worked to the bone and are expected to be happy about it because they are easily replaced. One small mistake and you're gone.

If you have a skill you can easily become complacent and entitled because its much more effort for your boss to replace you.

>Military pay ranges from shit to pro-tier and everything you might need to spend money on in life is paid for.

>never enlisted

Yeah, min. wage jobs suck, but I thank them for doing it because lord knows I don't want to.

being an illegal making less than minimum wage

whats her name

SofĂ­a Sanchez

>what else am I going to do
Survive off of the $160,000 dollars a year of dividends you are getting from you "position" in the S&P?

Nope, there isn't.

Don't worry, Reagan lover, those genetic miscreants will soon be replaced by robots.

part time student, full time wage slave
>paying 35k a year for masters
>5 hrs sleep everynight
>working 45hr weeks
office hours 7-4
>user why are you always 5-15 min late
>user i worked hard to build this business, and i pay my slaves well
35k with undergrad stem degree
>its not going to work user, leave your office key and cc on the table

wagie.jpg
>right in the feels

NEETs

>high school dropout with ged
>classic "very smart, but doesn't want to put in the work" underachiever
>shit around for a couple years before finding a good industry (hotels) and moving into management
>making 80k/year now

I'll take it

What's wrong with accounting? It's a fast-track to middle class

Enlisted pay is garbage user. If you want pro-tier salary you need to be a yy paygrade civilian employee.

In short, no.

NEETS
/thread

Though in all seriousness, I don't understand minimum wage workers past college age (18-24). Even if you didn't go to college or trade school, you'd think someone would just own it and push for management or something.

Being homeless or a NEET

NEET: Freedom and unlimited time until he dies.

Wage slave: 70% of his life is wasted by sleeping and working. Most of his money is spent on bills, mortgage/rent and car, leaving little left over.

Don't worry, you can change for the better today.
Become a NEET and all your problems will evaporate.

nothing cringeworthy about making an honest living with minimum wage.

What I hate is that I love doing labor work. It takes my mind off of life and puts me in the moment. I find my flow very easy doing physical work. But here I am working on my art degree so I can push my own product out in the world and all I do is think.

Thats why I said "Ranges"

Officers make good money given the cost of living

>go to McDonalds in my country (Flanders)
>servers are always friendly af
>go to McDonalds in Austria (Salzburg)
>servers act like little pricks

The difference is really noticeable and not only at McD.

>art degree
For what purpose? Why not just practice and work on a portfolio, without all the debt?

It may not be hard work but it's stressful as fuck. The two years I spent as a Sears cashier were worse than any other job I've ever had.

You are serving literal retards for ten hours a day, catering to their every stupid whim. It's horrifying how many people who know nothing yet think they know more than you about your own job.

>Tell customer we have a strict 30-day return policy on the microwave he's buying.
>"Oh that's fine it ain't gonna break"
>Suggest he get the 3-year warranty just in case it breaks
>"Hell no I ain't paying that much for fucking nothing, that's how you bastards try and treat us working folk"
>It's $10 for 3 years sir
>I SAID NO
>Suggest he at least get a gift receipt, which would allow him about two months to return it instead of one
>NO YOU FUCKING CHEAT, IF YOU DON'T RING ME OUT RIGHT NOW I'M GETTING YOUR MANAGER
>Ring him out
>I count the fucking days
>34 days pass and the same asshole walks in with his broken microwave
>"I'd like to make a return"

>go to McDonalds in Austria (Salzburg)
at first you check for a cashier that '''might''' be able to speak german
It's so sad here.....

On the the other hand, the McDonalds in sweden are really great.
Everyone is friendly.

>This is what NEET tell themselves
If I was a lowlife, I'll tell myself that too.

n01ce

3 weeks left until we will have a huuuuge shitstorm due to the win of the austrian version of trump ...

oh i know

Yes.

Being an actual hard working blue collar stuck in a mcshit job doing the work of 3 lazy burnouts while being shit on by people living off of you paycheck.

/thread

>Literal retards
>Sears employees

Pick both

...not work?

Move to kansas.

Start a drinking habbit.

Build an oil company with me so u can turn 8 mill into 80?

Lol. I know 4 guys that went bamkrupt and got real jobs. They each saved 100k in 3 years. Turned 400k into 40 mill in under a decade.

>myw my dads roustabout truck is a new king ranch

But the note says 100 trillion user!

Yet to meet a univorn such as this

how is it demeaning in any way?

the miltary hasn't fought a single honorable war since ww2. Wake up you fucking pissant cuckolded flag fucker. Your stupidity is the reason these fuckwads in power can continue to spend our tax dollars on stupid wars so their fucking faggot rich friends can go golfing and fuck 12 year old boys in thailand.

Seriously. Obama's foreign policy was no different than Bush's and no different than Clintons. You stupid niggers think Trump will be any different as hes been assigning the same fucking dumb fucks that have been running the show for a long time.

Waste your tax dollars, send 7 billion to Isreal every year. You are a moron and need to kys.

Grow up you stupid fucking pleb.

Why is that stressful

it's funny

he is the only one who loses in this scenario. you get paid to prove some idiot wrong

The fucking enlisted infantry doesnt send shit to israel. Your congressman does. Your fault more than his for not voting him out.

You people are this autistic and wonder why you cant get gary johnson elected anywhere.

Because you have quotas of how much of that shit you need to push per customer, and you get punished by getting your hours cut if you don't get enough people to but in. And God help you if you make commission off of it.

For every dumb faggot that hates not getting ripped off, it's money straight out of your pocket

Maybe you should work somewhere who's profitability depends on selling a commodity product that is engineered to break after 30 days, and that capitalizes on this already horrendously myopic sales tactic by selling insurance on said products.

You realize there are companies that dont do this?

Why work at place for min wage that can't ensure it's profitability without you? Being relied on for making the company money through actuarial scamming is something that should come with a higher paycheck.

Sears is fucked because of this model, work somewhere else

*shouldn't

Did you miss the part where I don't work there anymore and described it as a negative past experience, dumbass?

Obviously, dumbass. Why are you asking, its obvious.

Typical cuck!

E1-E4 is shit, E5 and above with BAH isn't bad. It's really good if you live in a major city as reserve component and go on orders. Source: E6 NG w/ 12+ years and made more on orders than I did as a GS-11 w/ a few hours of overtime each week.

>gary memeson.

At least they're making money and doing something with their lives compared to some obese neckbeard who sits online all day doing nothing of value.

>unlimited time

There's no such thing as unlimited time. The free time that most NEETs have is spent doing inconsequential things like watching anime or playing video games.

Allowing returns with gift receipt and not allowing them with a normal receipt is kind of a cunt move. Just have one simple return policy or YOU give the customer both types of receipts to show you give a fuck about customer service maybe? No you couldn't do that. You justa min wage worker mmhmm snap. Gfto wigger

Circlejerking on an anonymous image board

>take wage cuck job.
>not taking NEET bucks and putting free time towards planning for a small biz

Ummmm...

chess, fishing, hiking, gardening, kayaking, swimming, sports etc

Not all NEETs watch anime and masturbate all day.

Enjoy your wagecuck job, you only make about 90% more than I do and I don't have to work.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

>Enjoy your wagecuck job, you only make about 90% more than I do and I don't have to work.

What does being a NEET pay?

The fuck are you on about? Gift receipts are extended around holidays because what's the fucking point of a receipt for an item you buy in November the person isn't getting until Christmas?

But most of them do. living like a neet isn't bad but it is when you do it for 365 days a year

I think being a minimum wage worker with no future prospects is probably the worst. I can't understand how it can feel so demeaning and wretched. You are like a lifeline for the everyday consumer, yet you have no real power over them and can be replaced in an instant.

Former university student/Chipotle worker here.

Chipotle doesn't pay minimum wage; they pay 9/hr. The work was stressful and exhausting so they make you work for it. The hardest job I've ever had.

I'm still working minimum wage in my 30s but there's nothing to do about it.
Over 50% of Americans make less than 30k and 40% make less than 20k a year.
I tried going to community college but I failed with a GPA around 1.0 because it was too difficult.
I'm still living in my parents basement but it's really not a bad deal. They're older and I help them with errands and chores and I don't ask them for any money or anything.
I wanted to have a family one day but the last girl I dated cheated on me and that was many years ago.
I just spend all my time sitting around watching TV and waiting to die sometime in the next 10-20 years.
I always wanted to be something more but it's obvious there is nothing out there unless you were born into wealth.

>I tried going to community college but I failed with a GPA around 1.0 because it was too difficult.
How is it difficult? Unless you're black or mexican, there is no excuse

Tbh, that's HIS fault for

1) not choosing the Air Force
2) scoring low on the ASVAB.

true story.

Protesting, in particular when there wasn't even an event to cause it. When you just decide to do it out of the blue to fill up your worthless time.

He said a job not anyone can do. Not a job everyone flocks to and then can't get out of the red because muh student loan bill.

Well I'm going as E3.. I don't think it's shit... then again I'll be single.

Roughly 1400 - 1800 a month right? For a single Airman with a car already paid for.... how is that shit?

To be the Devils advocate... some jobs literally have no contribution of value either. What's the economical value of a Walmart greeter? He's literally costing the company money.

he sucks at it and has no technique. like a tennis coach, he need s someone to tell him how to hold the paintbrush correctly.

how do I get neet bux

Claim retard.

>What's the economical value of a Walmart greeter?

They help create an atmosphere Walmart desires which they believe translates into a better customer experience and thus more customers.

It's odd if you are not a people person but there are a lot of them out there and they really love talking to people. Mostly a woman thing.

I am a FUCKING WHITE MALE (as they say).
I just really disliked the environment to the point that I stopped showing up for class.
I did have a 4.0 at first but I just couldn't show up anymore.
I would actually writhe in agony and I walked out of class a few times until I just stopped showing up.
I cannot stand schooling, to me it's like having teeth pulled just to be there.

>I just really disliked the environment to the point that I stopped showing up for class.

jesus christ this is pathetic. Don't expect your life to get any better if you're not willing to work hard, you sad piece of shit.

You sound like someone who was born into middle class and never had to work a min wage job in your life.
I bet you go to restaurants, treat your servers like shit, then don't tip & justify it by saying they have it easy and should work harder.

I feel really bad for all the min wage workers with a cars that don't know what a sweet gig delivering pizza/chinese food is

I make $20-25 an hour on fri and sat nights fucking delivering chinese food, and even on the slowest days during the week I just hang out do jack shit and still make over min wage

>user why are you always 5-15 min late
Don't fucking be late then.
Its only 5-15 minutes, but being late habitually makes people think you are unreliable, even if you work hard the rest of the time.

Ex military fag here
Pay is good, youll be boarded in dorms. The branches do have different levwls of accomodations though. I was AF and my marine bros were in awe of my housing.
Chow hall is good, but also greatly depends on branch. Pay is same across board. Aa a single E3 youll pull more than enough for a nice cell phone, gas and car insurance with hundreds left each week. Roughly $900 every 2 weeks.
USE ALL THE COLLEGE ASSISTANCE WHILE YOURE ENLISTED REPEAT COMP A BA WHILE IN AND USE GI FOR MASTERS

>but they are stealing money from citizens and being an expense on society.

working for the government
being ok with it