So if cold air intakes are a meme what's the best filter brand for your OEM air box?

So if cold air intakes are a meme what's the best filter brand for your OEM air box?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OEM filters for your OEM engine running OEM tune and OEM parts, giving you OEM performance.

Paper

this

Literally doesn't matter as long as it doesn't fall apart or let shit in.

Cold air intakes are not a meme, you just have to put them somewhere they actually get cold air (near a fender, under the bumper etc)

OP you should probably ask other people who own your vehicle.

Some cars do really need better intakes than the stock airbox, turbo cars especially. The MZR in the mazdaspeeds gain over 10hp from a ram air intake for example. Plus, that induction sound.

Only turbo cars do, and it's only necessary when your modding them. NA cars and stock turbo cars, save the fucking money.

They are literally a meme. 2-4hp max on NA cars, but you lose mpg and power band from factory. Meme mod is a meme. The engineers design those intakes with flow, turbulence, distance, CFM etc to work optimal with the factory set up. Slapping one on a car is garbage tier modding.

>it's a meme because I don't understand what it does
Furthermore
>implying memes are bad
just log out dude

This. Just buy a good car instead of ruining a shit one even further.

Why are you even here?

Okay dude so where's your built vehicle?

Sitting inside my shop.

I like Mann or Purolater, but keeping it clean and changing it at the recommended intervals is more important than brand

>you lose mpg and powerband from the factory
Source?

>2-4hp max
highly dependent on the car/build.

>Maf detects that it isn't getting proper airflow, or turbulence is messing with the reading.
>adjusts fuel ratio to compensate.

CAIs are only good when tuned for them, slapping them on and thinking that'll do the trick is actually worse than the OEM box.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtjKT_1cA

Then why does everyone tell me to get a CAI for my integra including the mechanic I went to?

ur video contradicts ur statement

Mann or Mahle

>The engineers design those intakes with flow, turbulence, distance, CFM etc to work optimal with the factory set up.
"No"

Meh. I've got a header and CAI on my otherwise stock engine. No issues to report. Doesn't feel any slower than before and it sounds cool.

Also before you flame like a huge fag, the factory air box was destroyed in a crash.

They design them to be quiet and filter air.

Purolator because that's what it says to use on the housing

>if a lot of people believe something wrong, it must be right!!!!

You won't notice 2-5 hp in either direction. The point on a stock car is that it's a waste of money.

Not an argument.

4hp increase sounds pretty good even on a 200hp engine.