/domg/ - Dominions General

EA Ermor edition.

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Lucky_Thirteen
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>letting the thread die before anyone even posted in it

I was just waiting for the right moment to get most of the heroic rescue. And I don't remember if you can even bump your own threads here.

Why was it that a previous pantokrator made fish blood useless for blood magic?

FUCK fish people, FUCK blood magic and most of all FUCK fish people who use blood magic
that's why

How com sum1won is planing to give Oceania blood magic so?

Are behemoths, ziz, and leviathans worth summoning?

Because actual diplomonsters will use any tactic to confuse noobs, up to and including creating fake diplomonsters to deflect attention from their diplomonstering.

Can't beat a diplomonster (unless you can kill the entire map at the same time with less overall resources, which is certainly not impossible).

How can I use a Virtue as an awake expander? What sort of research/scripting/equipment would help? I'm thinking.. F4A5 for paths.

Thank you for the help!

What's in that big bad demon army?

That was unfortunate for me, Per-En. Mind telling me which way you're heading so that my next expansion party doesn't bounce harmlessly off of yours?

I've never used Ziz. I've heard it's good, but the D3A2 casting requirement and having to summon them individually makes them hard to get access to.

Behemoths are situationally useful. If your enemy isn't expecting them you can do a lot of damage with buffed up behemoths, but they're too expensive for general use.

Leviathans appear to fill the same role as behemoths, but are more expensive and harder to summon. Just get a behemoth instead.

Indeed it was...although not as sad as the show, particular snakes put against indies.
I'll be taking the province north of my party, the one next to river. After that I am done with that side of mountain and will retreat, good luck with expansion.

flesh hounds, juggernaughts, chaos harpies, chosen warriors close to becoming bloodletters. With w9n9b9.

Air Shield Hold x 3 Attack Rear

Dies to skeletons, anything else without morale, any kind of mage that isn't a Cloud Mage (LR), Lances (both light and heavy) and also sometimes at random. Gets afflictions instantly if fighting outside dominion.

A5 is mandatory because if it does it can still make air hats. Air boosters big reason to take one, as you get air boosters and expansion. Not the best expander even so by far, but very pretty and thematic. Mistform and stuff make it better at expansion but by the time you have those expansion should be over/mostly over.

You're doing Pankomans work Altdorf. Certainly puts my own little scrap with Morka into perspective. Next time I must remember not to trap my knights behind a wall of archers.

ive just realized what a slog we're in for

Ziz - flying sieging giant fear bird. Only usable in battles with buffs.

Behemoth - undead elephant with +hp. Only usable in battles with buffs.

Leviathans - underwater thing. Only usable with buffs.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was hoping for.
I was expanding with it in a few practice games, and I'd really want it to have the forging options. And, as you said, it's pretty/thematic. But I keep occasionally getting diseases and I just hate when my SC dies before year 1 or at the end of it.

>DriftKing Lanka messages me to not attack each other a few turns ago
>this turn I replied ok without thinking
Did I fall for a ruse?

Not actually totally accurate.

Well announce it to the whole world why dont you.
My diplomacy game is generally weak so I said I should take the initiative in friend making for once.

By the way, slaanesh, tzeentch and Nurgle, what are your main paths?

>suffering a witch to live
I warned you about blood bro, I warned you about Lanka bro

Abysia has blood themselves.

Still not a reason to let another blood nation build up

Speaking of that, I'm new to the game and thinking of trying Multiplayer soon. I main Abysia, any tips?

Which age?

Been only been playing with Early Age Abysia

>ctis and china last ones last turn
>last ones this one aswell
REEEEEE

Tip - Having a main doesn't exist in Dominions

Go straight for phoenix power and fireball. Dont bother with salamander mages and get dragons instead.

Sure it does. Cirno mains Sauromatia, Moggers mains C'tis, I main a certain nation

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Lucky_Thirteen

Late Age is best age

>Moggers mains C'tis
Did he finally give up on Machaka?

Machaka? That's news to me. I haven't played with him in about a year so I just assumed C'tis was still the one nation he ever picked.

Virtue is NOT an SC. It's an expander. Against player troops, player magic, it just dies. If someone has an army a virtue can kill, they are pretty bad. By the time it has gear, enemies have Earth Grip and so on so forth.

Already that sounds like a great tip! I will play around with others, I just really like Abysia. 'Main' was the wrong term to use, my 'favorite' would have more accurate.

I used the wrong term, but noted.

Game: Conjunction
Turn number 7
Next turn due: 18:51 GMT on Monday December 5th

>Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Jotunheim 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Ys 2h file received

ree

>check turns in the morning before I have to go
>100000000 turns
>free time during the day when I am bored and have nothing to do
>0 turns

>Nurgle
Death, Nature, and Blood
>Slaanesh
Water, Air, and Blood
>Tzeentch
Astral, Fire, and Blood

It's pretty obvious that someone else came up with your guys.

You're right but earth grip doesn't affect fliers

Blood and nothing else sort of makes sense for Khorne considering his hatred for magic.

I main winning

That and the XP shapes are pretty spot on but still wish the other guy took a shot at them.

On the one hand, yeah. On the other hand, magic kinda is still core to Dominions. See - MA Ulm and its hatred for magic

Yeah but Khorne doesn't even have any mages. Even the captured scribes they get in the mod is totally out of character.

Tzeentch and so on have their own flaws. Just seem smaller due to Khorne existing.

Khorne should be a freespawn nation that relies on xp levelups to have more-useful units. And multiheroes with turn limits, with onebattlespells.

Or the bigger guys have to spend a turn summoning allies or something.

ded

offer up some inno strats user

hey are there any blogs going on right now

>offer up some inno strats user
Everyone gang up on the strongest nation rather than letting them do what they want.

too innovative

Sounds completely ridiculous

There's innovative, and then there's fucking madness.

That's fucking madness.

>Well announce it to the whole world why dont you.
Sorry didn't even think of that. Anyway, who cares about these noobs knowing of our alliance, let them come
Also they don't know who I am right? So we cool

WAIT NIGGA WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE MY NAME FOO YOU BETRAYED ME

Fug. Didn't mean to do that.

Well now you know how I feel.

/domg/ diplomacy in action.

Altdorf rides alone

Apart from whoever helped fund their super knights I guess.

Speaking of knights what are the brets and vampires up to while Altdorf takes on chaos single handed?

How can I write a message to llamabeast?

I'd suggest using his email address.

>Problems or questions? E-mail [email protected].

Thank you.

Shit now they know!

Comfy Ulm, T_F Asphodel, Mokou Agartha here

I am now in my shitty apartment in the Big City, where I don't have control over the Wi-Fi, some markata who thinks he understands technology because he studies Geoinformatics does, and he's managed to fuck the whole system up. I'm trying to fix it, but unfortunately he's helping me. If I take a long time to do my turns, that's why. Terribly sorry. On Thursday I will be back in my hometown on holiday where I will once again resume turnbullying everyone else because I will have all the time in the world.

Truly he betrayed himself by drawing attention to it.

Its always fucking Ulm.

>watch as no-one gives a fuck about your thing you're scared of 'them knowing'

You guys know that basic scouting of troop and mage movements gives away your intent, right? And spells used in scout-witnessed battles shows your tech level?

>noobs trying to be secretive

Its the first turn nigga, unless they have some next level scouts they arent going to see shit.

No, no, what you need to do is let the strongest nation talk you into ganging up on the second strongest nation while they go and win the game.

>implying anyone can detect my turn 3 demonspawn edgelord flying right in for the commander kill nothing personel though
By the way, can you actually kill enemy gods with assassinations?

My scouts are posted in /domg/

Depends on the chassis. A rainbow chassis, almost anything will kill that if it's unscripted, but a titan pretender will be tougher to take down

Yes you can. Any gods that would be awake at this point are probably badasses though and would fuck up an assassin.

What's the most cost-effective generic way to get flying undead leadership? Bane with flying boots?

Incidentally, for those of you who don't know how to tell who is strongest: Invest in some goddamn scouts you chunderflunder.

>Bbbut they cost gold I need for x
You don't need x as much as you need to know what us going on. If you depend on other players for info you will get tricked, and having two more theurgs or 40 more black plates won't make a goddamn difference.

>40 more black plates

I'd more question why, if you have the res but not the gold, you haven't fucking killed someone yet? As MA Ulm? Passive noobs I tell you what.

Speaking of passive noobs, I'm doing my second attempt at an aggressive, low-diplo game to practice early warfare and warfare in general. Since I'm not taking the extra time to set up a diplomatic web of intrigue, what's a good way to avoid walking into a gangbang? Normally I spend the first 20-30 turns sussing out alliances and building rapport with my neighbors while letting everyone else embroil themselves in conflict but being the first one to go to war has a level of liability I'm not used to.

I suppose I could just ask, but even though I love the skullduggery stuff I'm not enough of a fucknugget to say, "Hey you me fight this other guy?" then attack the first guy even though it seems like a fairly effective tactic.

>Missing the point this hard
Go to bed cirno

Make a case for the mutual benefit of removing a guy who borders you both. Nations that are strong late game, blood nations, nations that you can bullshit about how good their expansion is, nations that have a reputation and also players who have been rude. You'll be surprised how many wars start just because one player is a dick.

Magoth x Bifrons OTP

As someone who dislikes doing diplo - you kinda have to do it anyways. You don't need to invest a huge amount of time into it, but you still need to talk to all your neighbors to figure out whose head is where. Even if you don't want their help fighting whoever you're invading, you do want them to be otherwise occupied so that they don't attack you and force you to pull mages off research and invest in dudes where you'd prefer to make more forts and labs

Do all MP games use normal research speed? Is any setting more than normal for absolute madmen?

LA Machakan thread

when you play with the settings you risk making an already imbalanceable game more volatile

More difficult makes the game incredibly unfun. Easier fucks up timings and shit. It makes the game chaotic, and I prefer it like that, but I can see why no one else does, and normal is perfectly alright

I just had a neighbor I've been peaceful with go AI on me. I need to gobble them before my other neighbors do. The only open resource I can make enough summons with is blood and the access is very low without many useful crosspaths. What's the best blood chaff I can summon and buff with my research mages (should be able to communion to fogwarriors and cast some Earth buffs but not army of X yet.)

Normal settings are pretty slow to begin with, such that even nations with good research might not complete research even in a single school and finishing research is very rare in all but the largest of games. I used to feel easy research might be preferable due to being better able to get some basic magical counters to rushes online, but nowadays I think normal research is mostly fine. However, difficult or very difficult most certainly would be too slow.

I was leaning towards spine devils over snek fiends.

Llama ded?

Is there a major difference between sabbaths and communions?

Not really
The only difference is that sabbaths use a blood slave to get into one (also takes a lot of fatigue) whilst astral does it for free
Sabbaths and communions can even join together

so africa given that squidward is within striking distance of winning, perhaps i could stop sieging you if you agree not to do that thing again

Fatigue and blood-slaves required. They're otherwise the same. Communion Slaves and Sabbath Slaves go into the same pool for fatigue-sharing/path-boost purposes.

For this reason, you're generally best using Astral slaves even with Blood masters. Less slave micro and faffing about.

hjow many domboys would make suitable blood slaves

Most blitzes I've been in use easy settings.

Huge ass games with mass divides between players (i.e. Oeridia, and nothing else really) should use Difficult Research . . . since it takes twice as long to find another player.

Of course, Oeridia games are a mistake for a host of other reasons.