/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

tesorp.enjin.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why is that teso-rp.com site still there? Isn't it a dead link?

>2 kragh
>3VO jewelry
>5 NMG/TBS depending on whether it's trials or dungeons/solo content
>2 mael daggers/bow backbar
R8 my planned build guise

Cookie cutter/10

reee i can't decide on a class, i've changed my mind 3 times now

Just level all of them.

Well, the 5 piece VO bonus isn't that great for boss fights
And actually ignore the NMG, I actually intend to use twice fanged serpent but forgot about it

Any races just plain useless from a minmax standpoint?

Is the EU /tesog/ guild active and friendly towards new players who want to learn how to play dungeons / pvp etc?

PC EU*

not active

How do I stop this +arena, +mino spam in Gold Coast?

domain issue, see tesorp.enjin.com/

Turn off the zone chat.

why is AD the biggest faction

Furries.

M'Aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! If you must, search for the Argonian Im-Leet, or perhaps the big Nord, Rolf the Uber. They will certainly wish to join you.

>tfw I forgot about this M'Aiq line
>missed the chance to name my lizard and nord after this
fug

Don't worry, even if you did think of it you'd never be the first anyway.

how do i get in the guild i just sent a mail two days ago

is there anything else to do in this game other than troll casuals in zone chat?

Is it worth it to make a char in NA if--

>no bought stuff cross servers

Well never fucking mind

check notifications? if it isnt there, try sending another message

or post your @name here, everyone in the guild has the ability to invite members

Type russian in zone chat.

@Nadle

Is your @ name the same as your account name?

it's the same thing

I see. Well if anyone is on NA PC, toss an invite to @Sosofamous.

Is there a faster way to grind Dark Brotherhood level besides teleporting to Gold Coast Wayshrine, take contract, teleport, kill target, teleport to Gold Coast Wayshrine and repeat infinitely?

no

Not sure how easy it is to do, but I went to abandoned farm to solo the daedroth there with my lvl 25 tank, and I got to like half health. Some other guy comes up to help me, and once we beat it, I don't even get the achievement for killing it. All that wasted effort :^(

Only take the killing spree quests, they give more DB xp. Abandon the others.

any good trading guild thatl have me?

Can someone explain to me what a trading guild in this game actually does? I get that they have the vendors, but everything else seems unclear.

invite sent :-)

Group content in this game makes me feel dumb. Every seems like a giant clusterfuck. Am I doing anything wrong?

>DK tank
>enemies are spread out and numerous, have to run in circle hitting each one with my one taunt skill
>pretty much all of the rest of my skills are defensive
>power attack if I don't have to taunt to restore stamina
>only block the charged attacks bosses do, regular attacks just drain stamina too fast
>shield bash things when they cast

At least when the game was first released, there were guild stores where you could buy and sell between just your guild mates. That used to be the only auction house in the game, so trade guilds were formed.

"trading guild", you say?

That's basically what I've been doing except I make an effort to pull the mobs into a group and keep them face opposite my teammates.

Worked good so far.

So should everyone join just so they have a place to sell valuable stuff outside of zone chat?

Have AHs rendered this obsolete?

Unless you're content to sell to vendors.

There aren't any AHs that you can sell from if you're not in a guild. There's the guild store, for trading inside your guild and with no one else, and then there's guild merchants, who you sell to players not in your guild, but only your guild can put things up on it.

You guys help making the healers job easier.
Instead of having to heal ALL the group, we can concentrate on healing only you, giving you the best care and attention we can give.

Thank you!

I'm a newbie tank and at least Deltia's gaming seemed to imply that you should focus on pulling just the big bads, and focus on keeping health up while doing a decent amount of damage. Althought I'm no sure how respected his opinion is in the community. I play your style, but if I feel like the group has a handle. I might focus more on doing some damage. Gets the battle over faster. I use the taunt pretty frequently, because its effects are also pretty useful

Why you guys says that Destro Staff is obligatory for mag Templars?

What makes it so good?

I also do choking talons to help with mob control. Sticks em in place, and they do 15% reduced damage

magplar = magicka build
destro staff = magicka weapon

magicka build using magicka weapon? sounds crazy, I know

destro staff is ranged, restores magicka, has a powerful ability that is used by every competent magicka dps in literally every viable magicka PvE build

Why the weapons and armor I use shows lower values than they used to, despite being repaired and all?

I have nice purple sword I got from daily dungeon and it usd to have 1100 damage, now have only 900.

This fucking secret club bullshit pisses me off.

What ability? And you didn't even mention the animation cancel. Like why even answer the guy if you're too much a faggot to give a good answer?

It is also boring and means standing in place, without all the fun related with going face to face with enemy, dodge attacks and such.

Me and my friend wanted to get this game to play together.
How good is the levelling and endgame and how is playing together

Your character is scaled to maximum equipment level (level 50, 160 champion points). This scaling is based on how close your equipment level is to your character level.

It was funny how I was stuck scrambling out of a delve I had no problem with up until I hit level 50, and since I already had another character with CP, jumped straight to cp140 levels.

You can take a look at your overall scaling in the top right of the character menu ('c'). It will also tell you your weakest piece of equipment to improve.

>This fucking secret club bullshit

>How do I level Undaunted?
>"Oh it's easy just be level 45+ :^)"

Okay, so how about before that? Like level 10-15?

Do dungeons? I think you still get Undaunted experience even if you can't take pledges yet.

what secret club bullshit? wall of elements is the most basic ass shit a magicka dps puts on their bars, and it's pretty much a must have

play stamina then. what the fuck, user. is this another one of those "waaaah why can't I do good dps, but not follow any basic rules and do what I want, this isn't fair waaaaah" cases? get the fuck outta here

Is it just doing them? I've been running Grotto I, Spindle I, and Banished I for two days trying to complete the armor sets and I've stuck at halfway through lv2 the entire time.

Maybe they only give xp the first time through?

>Maybe they only give xp the first time through?
I just read somewhere you get experience from pledges and dungeon _achievements_, so yes, but there's other achievements you can get for doing so much damage, healing, etc that might count too.

My buff's are the one's to the side and below my name in the upper left. Long buffs are below, short buffs are to the right. And I use a shit ton of addons to do it.

Well pledges are definitely out. If dungeon achievements have been counting I'm almost out of them I think. I've already knocked out a couple or most of the damage and mobs killed ones.

Guess I'll try the rank II's and see what happens. I just didn't wanna get a bunch more partial armor sets started.

New to the game.

Should I make a magicka Sorcerer or a magicka Templar?

I know I want a magicka class I think.

Are Templars good as dps or only heals? Are Sorcs decent now?

Can I have fun with them in PvP? I know that its melee meta though.

Can I use SnB with a Templar or do I need to use a staff and be basically a Priest like in WoW?

I know that staff is preferred but is SnB viable also? If even for questing.

That camel looks high as fuck.

it's a TES game, so the game is generally pretty relaxed, you can build whatever you won't and it'll be fine, people won't complain either because you can solo quests easily

there are harder things, undaunted and big bad bosses which you have to push yourself a little bit to achieve, usually just means group up

magicka templar > magicka sorc in general as well as DPS, but don't be scared to pick sorc

>it's a TES game, so the game is generally pretty relaxed

lies. endgame in ESO is dominated by min/maxing just as much as any other MMO out there.
but if you do not care about doing the harder endgame content, you actually can do whatever and be more or less fine

Bump in case anyone is on now.

for questing anything is viable. it's the vet group content where bullshit like a SnB on a DPS won't fly anymore

This staff scares me away a bit though, I mean on a Templar. Since from what I see Templar does a lot of standing still in his little circle buffs. If its standing still and using a staff then I might've as well roll a Sorc to be a proper caster, right?

Though I'd like my class to be viable for super hard end game content. Like WoW's Mythic Raids.

Well I want to roll a High Elf so min max it will be but I'd like to get into groups easily. If Templars are better dps will I have problems as a Sorc?

I see. Do you think a Sorc or a Templar will be a better first class for a new player?

Well I do play a Bosmer. Probably let it eat some weird shrooms or something, what the hell do wood elves know about camel diets?

>If Templars are better dps will I have problems as a Sorc?
Honestly, I prefer magsorc to magplar myself. Magsorc is perfectly fine, and very good dps. And the way things are balanced each patch, I think it would probably be a safer bet to be a magsorc than a magplar in the long run. That is, unless you think you might want to heal as well at some point, in which case templar will be better.

About procing status in this game, does all abilities and attacks have a chance of procing or just attacks or just attack?
like fire attack from staff have a chance of procing burning and so does fire base damage spell.

>endgame in ESO is dominated by min/maxing just as much as any other MMO out there.
I'd say even moreso honestly. In WoW and FFXIV you just get your skills when you level up, here you get skills from proficiency in weapons, class, armor, race, professions, guilds, PvP, etc. Then you have to find the skill points to actually use and upgrade them all.

What does that have to do with min maxing?

I guess I was trying to say it's much easier to fuck up your character from a min/maxing prospective here than other MMOs.

>If its standing still and using a staff then I might've as well roll a Sorc to be a proper caster

think of magicka templar as more of a restoration mage, where as the magicka sorcerer is more of a conjurer/lightning destruction mage and magicka dragonknight is a fire destruction mage

a bit offtopic: my biggest problem with eso class sytem is that I think they should have had an entirely different approach to it. as in, have no classes. like in skyrim yes, yes I know, but hear me out, you just make a character with no class, and what it's class is would then be defined by how you choose to play it. conjuration, alteration, destruction, illusion, mysticism, restoration - all these should have been skill lines akin to how different weapons are skill lines, available to everyone.

because now we have a sorcerer, but let's be real, it's kind of a shit sorcerer. like, if you look at class abilities for a magicka nightblade, then it is more of a classic TES sorcerer than the ESO sorcerer. ZOS fucked up.

But apparently magicka nightblade are bad now?

Normal sorcerer is shit? As in design you mean tight?

Please don't confuse this feeble minded user.

I was about to decide on a sorcerer instead of the restoration mage templar.

sorcerer is fine as a class to play. I meant that it's shit as a classic TES sorcerer archetype. with a magblade you feel like you're using a bit of every magic school. you know, like a proper sorcerer. but with a sorcerer the ESO class, you're basically lightning wizard that can conjure a bit on the side.

Unfortunately I had done the research for best class+rank combination after I rolled the dunmer sorcerer tank and I'm already lvl 17 and I'm having alot of fun. However, I want to know if this is optimal if I plan to take this seriously end game. Will people trash on me based on my choices? Or will the difficulty be too much in the end?

If you really care that much you can exchange your shekels for a race change.

That's fine though.

BREHS

Whats the typical skillset for mag Templar and what for stam?

reported

why

thievery

For theft.

>dunmer sorcerer tank

Nothing wrong with the race choice. Dunmers are great because they're pretty much consistently second best for magicka and still have the same +stam as the tankier races (nord and orc), same +stam as bosmer, and more + stam than khajiit.

Very good jack of all trades, and can benefit from vamp more even when focused on stamina. Not gonna quite hit the same dps or tankiness as other races, but still very good.

Not being altmer isn't that bit of a deal for dps either seeing as fire staves are still the best choice for every magDPS.

>muh laws
piss off

So which is the most fun class and build? Build as in stamina or magicka for that class. Not asking for the most OP, or fotm or whatever. Just which one is the most fun shit in your opinion, when also considering how fun it is with a build that's endgame viable. Not looking to run "fun" shit that's absolutely useless outside of questing.

It's stamsorc isn't it? Because it looks like it's stamsorc.

Stamblade

I'm enjoying my bosmer nightblade archer, although in terms of damage it seems to suck compared to other classes. I see magic users coming along and melting down waves of things without a scratch in the time it takes me to kill one guy and barely make it out alive.

It really isn't, only thing you can't change is class.

I played a bit a year ago or so, got about half way through the quest content for High Elves I think.

Thinking of coming back in for the new updates and things.

Is summoner builds viable? I love summons. I would like to do some pvp stuff, but I always got destroyed when I joined in my previous build. Mage if I remember.

Has anything changed? I can't remember why I stopped playing to be honest, I think I found the combat too easy pve.

>Is summoner builds viable?
in PvE, no. In PvP, kinda. they won't be as OP as the current meta, but there are ways to make pet sorcs be unexpectedly good. I say unexpectedly, because most players expect them to be a joke, but if built properly, they can be pretty devastating, especially against such players, and a lot of players in general who aren't used to going up against that kind of build. of course, you will fail miserably if you aren't actually a good player, since they aren't easy to pull off.

>summoner builds
so what can I do for pve if I want to summon muh hordes?

not viable in PvE? going full daedric summoning was the easiest time I had, and before 1T, I could go 15 levels above my then current weight class.

the only reason I try not to use it now is to level my other skill lines.

nothing, really. unlike PvP, the PvE meta is set in stone. pets just aren't good. and there is actually no skill that would even let you summon "hordes". You can have like, 3 pets at most. 2 from abilities and 1 proc pet.

is a dunmer dps templar with vampire a good combination for pvp?