/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #627 - Rock-a-bye Robot Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/asia/altered-beast-streets-of-rage-sega-movies-shows-1201933661/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I HAVE A VISION, FOR A NEW UNITED GOVERNMENT, UNDER ONE LEADERSHIP... MY LEADERSHIP

Baldy McNosehair :^)

ON THE EGG TOP

Remember the time Eggman tried to kill Dr Light

Robotnik empregnated Sarah 15 times

DA BLU BLUHR

I like how it's just no big deal that in the OVA Eggman is trying to marry a girl who looks and acts like she's about twelve.

JULIAN KINOBTOR.... HE IS NO MORE...

I am Robotnik

GET A LOAD OF THIS?!?!

If Sonic Team didn't go for the final design for Shadow, which of these designs do you think they'll pick?

Underrated

The top left design is the least disgusting, I think.

>Featuring Egoraptor as the voice of one E-Series robot

CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M THE LITTLE BUSY WITH SOMETHING?!?!?!?!

I'm thinking top or bottom left.

They wouldn't go with bottom right because it looks a bit too close to Metal Sonic.

>featuring AVGN for no discerable reason

and Doug Walker as a random G.U.N. soldier

variety.com/2016/film/asia/altered-beast-streets-of-rage-sega-movies-shows-1201933661/

Oh right!
What the fuck? What do you want to bet he charged them a rediculous amount for that

because hes actually evil not misguided and immature
also i love this crossover

And not one Sally cameo.

Are you calling Robotnik immature, or Wily immature?

only in anime would a 12 year have a body like that

Huh, guess they might as well use those IPs somehow.

and brental floss as random passer by

SAVAGE

Wily just wanted to terrorize the world until they said he was better than Light.

Eggman just wants to fuck everything up.

He's saying that Wily isn't evil, just throwing a immature temper tantrum at Light getting credit. Eggman is genuinely evil.

>wily isn't evil
UMMMMMM

robotnik/eggman is an actual fucking dictator, wily is just an old envious guy who just happens to be good at robotics

I'd like to see this image with the president and the photoframe of Sonic and Shadow he keeps on his desk in ShTH

He progresses to becoming evil, but he doesn't start out like that.

Oh... is the mega man comic early into the timeline of negative man events?

I like how, as he's saying he won't make the same mistake twice, he makes another mistake a second time.

Chaos is constant

Because video games and nurd culture XD

I think I'm developing a fetish.

eggman(under flynns writing) mostly does smart things to win against anyone besides sonic because sonic is literally contracted to always win no matter what

Sally will be a human girl

Not everyone succumbed to furry bait.

I believe NC said Sally is hot.

Wily also wanted to take over the world though, and ultimately ended up destroying it, although thats not what he planned.

Did he? Might explain why he really likes that show.

Don't try to roboticize me or my son ever again.

He made a joke about it and how it started a furry fetish for a lot of people. He wasn't referring to himself.

He likes it because it's "dark and epic". He hated AoSTH because he saw the first episode and didn't understand how cartoons work

no, he just acknoldged that she was one of the most famous furry's of all time

People hate comic characters appearing in anything besides the comics for ultimately retarded reasons.

It's complicated, the comic tries to show that WIly has a good side he sometimes has to fight against to remain convicted in his evil. His relationships with Light is... complex. They act like spurned lovers.

But this comic takes place well into the future of the Mega Man series, since Wily uses the Chaos Emeralds to move his timeline forward so he'll have more knowledge and resources, since at the time in the comic he has lost almost everything except a giant untrustworthy ancient space supercomputer. So by that time, Mega Man had already tried to kill Wily, so there's not a lot of reason for Wily to show such mercy anymore.

2 > 1 > 3 > 4

Sonic is literally the embodiment of chaos, as in no matter how much Eggman tries to plan against it, somehow, Sonic always gets all these last minute saves and improbable rescues, throwing him out of the plane would be a good way to kill someone if Sonic wasn't around, whose chaotic aura gave Shadow the random opening he needed to save Light

I would've switched the first two if this artist didn't use the greenest brown for her fur color.

that, and the canonical end of megaman timeline is caused by a mixature from light,wily, and caine
light and wily for making x, and zero
cain for waking up x and deciding to mast produce reploids without the testing that made them all peaceful like x

>He hated AoSTH because he saw the first episode and didn't understand how cartoons work

That's a bit of a blanket statement, he doesn't hate AoStH, just dismisses it as silly kiddy stuff. Which is fair enough, though he doesn't really discuss the later episodes such as those done by TMS which were actually pretty decent.

As for SatAM, I honestly think he's blinded by nostalgia because even if you like the show 'Too good' isn't exactly what I'd call it.

At any rate, I think we should all know Doug has rather bad opinions, and worse still, he thinks he actually has a good point. Not to say he can't be right but that he's a person who greatly overestimates his own cleverness.

i like to think shadow saved light because he had a prof gerald flashback
also this was the only thing shadow did onscreen of any value in the crossover

>tfw no Altered Beast by Platinum with on the fly shapeshifting mechanics

i wish they did more with these guys

No, he said she was responsible for many furfags

>Metal Espio
FUCK I NEED IT

Learning that Worlds Collide was in fact just a comic crossover and not an actual game was a fantastic blue balls moment

Will a official Sonic game ever have game mechanics and physics like Sonic Utopia? I feel like they could do it easily if they tried harder.

>Shadow got the piece of Tommas' ass before Wily

Fun fact: In Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Zero gets to speak with Wily's ghost which tells him he's glad that X and Zero are friends and not enemies.

in Challenger of the Future after Light dies Wily stops trying to take over the world or kill Mega Man because he feels regretful.

Shadow should've let Light die so Cain wouldnt fuck up the human race in the future

frankly I can't imagine that creating 10 or so levels like this would be profitable for anyone to make

>Someone else acknowledging that Cain was the biggest retard of them all
Thank you user, I finally don't feel like an insane man

i knida wish that someone would make a game based around worlds collide
hell i'll take a fangame
and knowing capcom they'll endorse it cause there sure as hell not gonna try

>we're discussing mega man lore better that /mmg/ right now

the better question is why and archeobotanist felt he was qualified to do so. At least after 4 games he realized that he ruins everything he touches and stopped trying to help

>creating 10 or so levels like this
Everyone focuses on the level design for this demo even though it's just to show off the physics. That team should hurry up on their real first level because everyone thinks they want to make a open world game.

Nigger everbody should know Cain was the biggest retard.

At least Light knew to keep X locked away in order to mature or learn the rights and wrongs

Cain's dumbass created Sigma

Wily > Eggman

Do you mean the Wonderswan game? Because Light didn't die in that one.

Everyone focuses on level design because even if the physics work and they have a control scheme that isn't retarded or aspects of the gameplay locked behind a bad gimmick like Mach Mode in GHZ, it can still end up shit if the levels suck and don't utilize the physics.

Would it be

>sonic game with level select and wisplike power ups from the robot masters

Or

>mega man game with loops and slops and stuff

well to be fair, wily making zero, who gave sigma, the most powerful reploid i imagine at the time a virus is what fucked the world over.

Sigma was perfectly fine until he came into contact with Wily's virus.

Yeah, but literally everything in the X series and beyond would've never happened if Cain didn't try to replicate a design he knew nothing about, without the precautions the original creator undertook to make sure shit didn't go horribly, horribly wrong

Sigma wasn't made until there were already mavericks

If Cain never made Sigma, he wouldnt have became a virus either

And then someone else would have gotten the virus, as Zero would have still been discovered, and someone would have had to go in and fight him.

look at all these guys who never properly debuted!

I have faith they know what they are doing with the level design and besides that's why in my post I specifically mentioned in my post that I specifically wanted the game mechanics and physics for Sonic Team to learn from Utopia,

Because Sonic Team is already good at making fun levels with good set pieces. They just need better controls and physics

it should do the sonic generations method of half the stages are sonic stages with megaman gimmicks where he fights regular robot masters

megaman stages whith sonic gimmicks where he fights robotozied masters

I don't remember this from the crossover? Unused cover art?

that is the megaman comic in a fucking nutshell

no its just something spaz drew, most likely for personal reasons or commission

>the megaman comic will never be continued
hurtsonlyalittle.png

>X doesnt look fucking pissed off
its shit

>the comic gets picked back up
>it's based on the new cartoon

mouth pussies

>just dismisses it as silly kiddy stuff

Shouldn't you do that for the entire franchise?

good lord dont scare me like that

But it does deal with timelines, however.

What's the bottom right Mega Man from?

Sonic The Hedgehog is srs bsns

Sonic X and Sonichu are too similar

sonic could only save megaman once
but they tried the same shit anyway