/evn/ - English Visual Novels

"/evn/ is (not) dead" edition
Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/193908668
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37259
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

threadly reminder
(also I'm not a salty studios shill, honest)

This shit is dead

Well I tried. Tell the discord fags that they have won.

We won nothing.

then lets succumb to the pull of the abyss

Don't you fucking die.
Discuss something, goddamnit

Discuss this?
vimeo.com/193908668

Okay.
Sekai Project did a QA session on plebbit and aparently they want to make a separate entity for EVNs and stop releasing them under their main title.
Saltydevs are making a prequel to their unreleased game which is always good for a laff.
Love, money etc. are gathering dorra again now on indiegogo, I guess a bout of stomach rot left Ritochka even more of a jew.
There's another shitty game jam going on that will produce nothing of note.
Winged Cloud is doing a bunch of their usual shit now with monster girls and maids.
JP thinks he's the Devil of visual novel reviews. I propose we name anonl the Lord Savior of visual novel reviews and wait fot his return and his kingdom come. Reviewmanc can be an apostle or something.

>they want to make a separate entity for EVNs and stop releasing them under their main title.
Oh, so there will be even less reason to partner with them now.

Is the only way to stay virus-free and play vn's is to have a separate computer for torrenting this shit?

the only time I got a virus by downloading a VN is when I DLd an old build of Cupid that devs didn't bother to check and/or remove the link
then again, the only thing I lost is half of my collection of reaction images, so it wasn't a big deal

Get an antivirus and DL free VNs?

>banned almost all year
>wanted to bump evn but I couldnĀ“t
>now evn is back but nobody cares
Well, here is your pity bump.

it looks good

>I guess a bout of stomach rot left Ritochka even more of a jew.
But isn't continuing with IGG after KS has ended a pretty common thing to do?

well, at least we get some great stonking tits out of this, assuming first snow actually releases.

It's better to promote them! Off in that corner. Away from the real product.

>promote EVN

A particularly dull scene to write has been stopping me for a few days now. It's important to the story, so I can't skip it, but I'm not making any real headway. It's driving me crazy.

You can't rough draft it and continue? It sounds like you're putting too much initial thought on it to me.

I already went around it to the rest of the story. I've just got this one and a couple others to finish.

What is the latest cowtit evn?

Ah, that blows. It's a terrible feeling to hit those blocks.

survive

doesn't make it any less jewy

obligatory salty tears and love despite post

Actually we haven't even mentioned them in months until this thread. How times do change.

That's simply because there was nobody here to shitpost :^)

Any other EVNs on the horizon besides this one then?

>go to Veeky Forums
>ctrl+f
>/evn/>

Kitaaaaa!

>CAN'T WAKE UP

Dev-grup still hasn't taken down those 3000 bot followers on twitter

Even the best antivirus in the world can't stop you from killing your pc by running a faulty .exe

Woah shit, where/who's this from? Looks great.

Oh wow /evn/ is finally back from the dead.

It's been a while.

gross t b h

>NSFW thread doesn't have NSFW content
>it wasn't updated

Why.jpeg

I only made it 'cause taleweaver messaged me to make one. I only have 2 NSFW pieces in total, so I don't see much point in posting there desu.

>he doesn't like buff girls

Thanks for the reminder that it exists tho, turns out I got a comment on there 3 months ago which I never saw. Better late than never.

NSFW thread allow a discussion that otherwise isn't possible in the general board.
One of the reason why people didn't flock over there is because you barely touch that thread after making it in contrast to your main thread.

Just keep it updated with more focus on the adult part of yer game.

Points taken, just updated it with art.

lemmasoft QUALITY is always amazing

uh

It's because the NSFW is the most barren part of the forum. Nobody ever goes there.

not if they're drawn like that, no

> artwork almost done, just one CG missing
> putting together the artbook
> sent script to studio for casting

So fucking close, I can taste it. But man, this took so long that by this point I could probably afford professional english VAs with the budget + my own money if that didn't mean another long ass delay.

Looks gay.

>professional english VAs
If you want a chance of actually releasing on time, don't do it.
That aside, it's very nice to see a long standing dev's journey coming close to the finish line. Good luck with the rest!

ganbatte

>Progress in /evn/
A Christmas miracle!

Yeah, I understand that. I just find it rather depressing that I miscalculated the time it would take me to get everything done by such a large margin that in the meantime I managed to finish college AND get a job AND get a raise.

Game? Would buy for her.

lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=37259

DON'T DIE

You dont deserve a thread.

I do, I'm free of shitposting.

Shitposting is what keeps this thread alive. Nobody actually plays EVNs other than the two or three popular boob ones.

why aren't there (m)any EVNs where MC gets isekai'd? It's a very popular trope fucking everywhere, yet it has somehow missed this niche.

>isekai
I have no clue what this term means.

idk user I'm not that hype for isekai anymore.

You could have googled it.

I did and all I came up with was a bunch of titles that included it in them.

protagonist being transported to another world at the beginning of the story

Ah, that makes sense.

There have been some over the years (Sakura Spirit being the biggest one I can think of), but it never really took off in the EVN market just because popular trends take a long time to set in. There's a fair number of them though in the smaller, unknown EVNs.

Because it's a terrible trope and 99% of the time the resulting MCs are special snowflakes.

desu the evn industry is the most diverse of all. the only ones that sell are the ones with ass and titties.

up you go

this bothers me about the vn scene as a whole, not only evns.

> why don't devs do something different?
> players then proceed to buy the same shit or worse yet, pirate the different ones.

This.

> that feel when someone want to make a vn in unity because "renpy can't do what they want."

Every time I read something like that I imagine a clusterfuck of a project that tries to implement weird gameplay, or something like that.

renpy can do loads of shit if you know how to use python

the only real issue is live2d but people are too lazy to make webm sprites

Whenever someone says this, I think what they can do is perfectly viable in Renpy and they just don't have the knowledge to do it.

Which they later realise when they find they don't have the knowledge to make a VN engine out of Unity. That, or they just want to use Unity/Unreal4 because it's a "real game engine".

Round peg, square hole.

Looking forward to Eileen's tits. And a cute yuri story. But mainly Eileen's tits.

and usually the VNs that release in unity end up lacking some of the most basic features and are clunky to try and navigate/play through which would have been solved in seconds if they had started with Ren'Py to begin with

>Eileen
Who?

The blonde in the OP screenshot. She shows up in the Twofold demo.