Aside from the Pilot Super Sports, what are some quality Max/Extreme performance tires that are good for daily driving?

Aside from the Pilot Super Sports, what are some quality Max/Extreme performance tires that are good for daily driving?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2013-Auto-Bild-Track-Day-Semi-Slick-Tyre-Test.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pilot Super Sports aren't that good. Conti Extreme Contact DWs are the best for a middle of the road performance tire imo.

>Pilot Super Sports aren't that good.
>Testarossa a shit
reeeee

Advan AD08r seems master race, but I can't confirm.

Nankang AR1 if you're a poorfag thingken of fast

Whats stopping me from using these on the street/freeway w/o rain?

Pilot Sport Cup 2, because you don't want loud-ass semislick tires on your DD. Trust me.

Are Direzza ZII Star Specs really as loud as everyone says they are?

>Pilot Super Sports aren't that good

oh they're just universally recognized as being the best all around tire ever. and having tested them on the nurburgring i can confirm that they're bretty gud

tirerack has these for a super good price right now... very tempted to buy a pack of 4

Your mum.

Depends on your car. Any tire sticky enough to be a good performance tire is going to launch shit from the road into your wheelwells. Some people paint their inner fender liners with bedliner or sound insulation spray like Eastwood makes to protect them and reduce the noise.

By who, Michelin? I've driven them on countless different models of cars, and seen how they wear over time. The DWs are better at doing the same thing and they're cheaper.

You won't be disappointed

Bridgestone re-11
Also pirelli a shit

if you don't daily drive R888's you are a massive vagina

>inb4 a bunch of cucks from snowy & rainy states start complaining

>shilling a ~20 year old tyre design

>michilen a good brand of tire
Literally hankook dunlop kumho continental pirelli are better options

t. faggot that lives in a trash state with shitty weather

how does it make you feel that i can run hoosier slicks whenever i fucking want & not have any problems

>bragging about living in africa

no, i'm bragging about living in an uncucked state where it seldomly rains in 3/4 seasons, there are no emissions checks, the pavement is amazing, and there are tracks nearby.

man, you don't even get to decide what tires go on your bus, why am i arguing with you?

I have the Goodyear Eagle F1's. Out of curiosity, are they any good?

Also have Extreme Contacts but they're in 265 form and my Eagle F1's are in 285 form.

why would I want 6th best? it's not 2002 any more.
tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2013-Auto-Bild-Track-Day-Semi-Slick-Tyre-Test.htm

well you can't use any of those tires in bumfuck alaska, or on the bus, so why are you even arguing with me?

also, i can run slicks no-problemo where i live, friendo.

don't you have to go pick up your wife's son after an emissions check?

Yeah, The F1´s are good.

My favorite tire is the Pilot Super Sports.

I have some Neova AD08s and the grip is AWESOME. They can be a bit unpredictable under heavy rain conditions but they're far from unsafe.

I'm worried about how long they'll last on a DD. Can't afford to be changing expensive rubber every few months. Anybody has any idea on the matter?

I've heard the sidewall on these are too weak for track use. Except during winter, I DD hankook rs-3's, probably not the best choice but I wanted something I can use on track.

Michelin is garbage.

Anyone try Falken RT615K's yet?

i'm not from alaska my african friend. these are road legal in my country. enjoy your 1998 vintage """""""" high performance"""""""" tyres

huh, i don't think they make those tires small & thin enough to fit on your fwd shitbox

even if you did manage to fit them on there, enjoy hydroplaning off the road in the terrible- weathered shithole you can't afford to leave

can someone recommend me some tires with pattern similar to these?

what about 165/70-13 /1765 ?
I only have 13 R 4.5 J
but could get 13 R 5.5 J
or 14 R 6 J with 1" spacers
but I made a small list

wet grip
Goodyear Vector 4Seasons
Goodyear UltraGrip 7 Plus
Michelin Energy E3B

meh grip
Firestone Multihawk
Dunlop SP StreetResponse
toyo r888 (15 inch)
bridgestone techno 370

ADVAN A048
175/60-13 1696 cir
185/60-13 1733 cir
185/55-14 1758 cir

Michelin P2G
Michelin Cross Climate
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2/D3

Why are you so worried about traction for your riding lawnmower?

why bully?

get 6x13s and fit 185/60R13.
you will find more options in this size

old shit box

neat. get the steelies widened

They'll get worn out pretty fast.

>woman
>Pilot Super Sports aren't that good
LOL, get out of here.

I have the Eagle F1 Asymmetricals. They came on my Mustang. There are actually better Bridgestone tires, performance wise, that are cheaper.

id be too worried about messing it up
wheels of that centre bore and offset are hard to come by
there is a larger stock steel wheel that should have clearance

consider toyo proxes

Any input on Potenza S-04's?

you'll be fine. just stick with 13s. get some minilites or something if you don't want to cut up your steelies.

I know theyre discontinued now, but ive been relatively satisfied with Firehawk wide oval indy 500s. They were on closeout from tirerack when i picked em up.

The Indy 500 that replaced them IMMENSELY better. Stickiest UHP yet, and I don't think anything holds the road as well in wet weather.

I like the grip, and rain performance of my nitto n555's

>pneumaticos

What, you need to set lap records on your way to prep the bull?

Im a big boi though

Ahh. Fuck me then. Thanks.

Thoughts on bf goodrich sport comp 2? I'm about to buy a set my next paycheck.

New Indy 500 (not the Wide Ovals) are better in both wet and dry. Maybe a tad less comfy.

But don't they wear faster? Or am I being jewd.

Anyone have experience with the Federal 595-RS-RR? Their regular 595s are shit but I've yet to see anyone comment on their top of the line tires. They sound like a decent balling on a budget tire.
Also, Falken Azensis or Toyo R888?

I belive the FZ201 is the one you want out of the Federal range if you want grippu

these would be daily driven in the summer. I doubt my car will be on the track so those would be overkill. I'm just trying to grip them canyon roads a bit better than my current Cooper RS3-As can ufeelme?

this aint 1970 dude the cops dont have the best tires anymore

I got some bridgestone g force sport comp 2
they're ugly as sin but they handle great in the wet which is what I wanted. Some highways in my area have ruts and water tends to pool making it quite hydroplaney

Just get some Contis then.

contis are a decent amount more than the federals m8

what about Toyo Proxes 1?
I'm thinking between Pilots and Proxes1 for my 370z.
haven't had any experience with either of them

they're okay. decently grippy from what I've heard. they will definitely not last very long tho, especially if you drive hard on them

like most things in their class the 595s won't last long and are noisy but they are grippy yes.

would you say Pilots are still better option? as I do drive kinda hard, and there's plenty of wet days here.

In terms of performance, yes. In terms of price, hell no. I would run Toyos. Michelins are retarded expensive.

I dunno.

They are rated 340 but treadwear ratings are complete bullshit (see: """""200"""" treadwear RE71R). Just look up reviews on them.

Decent winter tires for my shitbox mazda 3? It's got shitty chinese tires on it at the moment and i don't want to use these things in the Canadian winter.

Michelin Alpin 4

>Pic unrelated

>m8 I'll smack you around the touge.

Anyone know if tire outlets put summers on sale in spring?

Should I buy summers that are on sale now? I would rather wait but I dont want to miss a good deal

but what are they?

>by who, Michelin

>UNIVERSALLY

Enjoy your """"""200"""""" treadwear tires lasting 5000 miles

Hoosierstone RE71R

>having one set of tires

also the """200""" treadwear rating means I can still race in the street RWD class, but use tires that are much sticker.
Hax.

What is a good set that help w/ road noise and vibration for DD?? Thinking for 14 Mazda 3 hatchback

S04. Pole. Position. Youre welcome.

tread patterns are a meme these days same with brands.

ive been using elcheapo maxxis for years no problems at all for street dailying.

Anyway anyone here with half a brain wouldnt daily on semi's and would just have a seperate set of rims for the track surely

Yes I've run RSRRs on my FD for a few thousand miles. They have more grip than my last RE11As at a pretty low price point. The money you would spend on a more expensive name brand goes to ride quality, noise, and rain performance--all of which are complete and utter shit on the RSRR. They seriously sound like mud/all terrain off road tires.

SICK NASTY WOWEE

Incredible grip, not the most comfortable or quiet, deep sipes that put rain away like nothing.

They wear pretty well too.

On a WRX, it puts the limits at an astronomical level.