/nosg/ - nostalrius general

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17. (no one will play on here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!

>What faction are we rolling?
Horde. The guild will be

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11807911
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for alliance guild.

Contact Jaime for an invite.

Nice meme. There's no guild.

report this shitpost thread

Just a friendly reminder about progression on Nostalrius.
And yeah, they only did 9/10 with help of pugs.

first for madti

Is Rag hard or something?

PM me for invite to Alliance discord

Babymetal#5223

Half of these people aren't in the guild. Nice name drop tho

You expect us to play with faggots like Lumikaru and Puddi willingly?

Why the fuck do you faggots keep posting new threads when the old ones haven't even hit the limit yet?

Well it requires your raid to have good dps, that's it.

All of these people are in the discord

Grude here. I'm not playing with you cucks. I'm going Orc warlock.

Why do you think?

so he can make shit-post OPs and thread wars

Because salty cucks really want you to help them clear molten core

Comfy is probably going to go Alliance too you literal beta orbiter cuck.

In the discord =/= in the guild.

I'm in all 3 discords lol

by that logic no one is in the guild of salty dogs
GOTTEM

Hi grude dude.

>Lumikaru
>Longview
>Earwen

Yeah I'm going SD now

>joining discords
>even having it installed
Sorry newfags the only software I'm using is ventrillo...

no one likes you anyway grud haha

>not installing Chinese tunneling software

Heh.. I bet you still use MSN, gramps.

Also
>Automute
>Indi
>joining Nope instead of SD

Holy shit SD goat guild.

Kill yourself you gook faggot you're disgusting.

>No Indi in SD

How long is this guild gonna last again?

That's a good thing, silly. SD is good now

Why is mario wearing that outfit

How do I make Bongos not have blizzard borders on the icons?

There's nothing stopping you from discussing the game here. The shit-posting is to be expected while people wait for launch.

Virtually every time I see someone ask a question related to lore, game mechanics, or strategy it's answered by multiple people and discussed. It's rare that people don't jump on the chance to explain even the most mundane well known shit like racials/spec choices.

You can't. Bongos is shit and you should use bartender2 instead

I don't know if Alexensual is anything more than an eceleb but I watched his recommended addons video from last month to prep myself for the launch, and he had both Bongos and Bartenders in his list. Is that laziness or can they cooperate with eachother?

He's fucking retarded. Reason why he using bongos is because he can't figure out how to turn on XP bar in Luna. He actually said that in his addon pack video
>umm guys you can use bartender but in bongos you can see your xp bar so I'm using it also I'm balding

>Luna
fuck luna

>using custom UIs
Why are all of you such disgusting ricer faggots?

Is there any point in trying to level the first few days? Are respawn rates dynamic or will it be 1 hour per kobold tag?

I don't know what Nost's spawns are like but on retail BC launch the fel orcs spawning near the Citadel had respawn rates of roughly 4 seconds to compensate for being overfarmed

>playing on the old server

Nost had dynamic respawn rates to compensate for 13k people online at peak times.
This was kind of a problem if you weren't competing with other people as mobs would respawn right on top of you after a couple of seconds.

Why? It's best option you have.
>fully customizable
>has clickcasting
>looks good
>was made by horsefucker but w/e
xperl just feels outdated nowadays and CTmod is literally fossil dinosaur compared to Luna

>looks good
holy fuck kys

>not playing on real Nostalrius
>waiting 2 months instead
Kek enjoy your russian funserver

IMPORTANT

strawpoll.me/11807911
strawpoll.me/11807911
strawpoll.me/11807911

IMPORTANT

Dalaran WoW or Lord for two weeks?

>waiting for the side project server instead of playing on the main ones

>kys
>>/reddit/

Play something that's not shitty WoW servers instead.

UD rogue

Y-you too

>implying you could hack it in any raids that have more than 1 mechanic per boss

REMINDER THAT I WILL DESTROY ALL STINKY HORDE SCUM THAT I CUM ACROSS WITH MY MIGHTY HAMMER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS!!

YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE MY AUTO ATTACKS!!

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

>modui
Why would anyone in their mind use this shit? Just look at it. It looks like something 13 years old would make as his first addon attempt

Nobody that cares that you can follow DBM and push your three-four button rotation.

I'm debating whether to do exactly this or be a fem undead rogue scumbag. I love the idea of paladin so much but
>AUTO ATTACKS
It's so boring. I really love being able to tank/heal/dps though. Such a cool class but fuck, why are auto attacks the main dps?

World PVP all the way either way though

good luck "following DBM" in fights like 25m mim hc putricide and lk

oh wait, you've never done them LOL

Why? Looks exactly like the standard UI with castbars under enemy plates if you change the color to default gray and toggle the action bars back to the left.

If you're planning on doing world PvP and you go a paladin I'm sorry to inform you that you're going to have a very bad time.

>with castbars under enemy plates
You can do that by using shagunameplates and your ui wont look like shit

>tank/heal/dps
No class can do it all in vanilla though. The most successful "hybrid class" is actually a warrior since they can do 2 roles well. Everyone else is a healbitch during raids.

It looks like the default UI you autismo.
Not everyone runs around with ElvUI style shit.

Nah, I had fun last time as paladin. I'm mostly talking about leveling levels. I can never find the patience to stick to grinding.

You can at lower levels.

I like it, it's dark just like my soul.

I like the dark tint to everything. Makes the abilities easier to see.

>abilities easier to see
lol clicker

I don't click

lol retard

sorry man, I can't track every single cd with my mind alone

>I can't track every single cd
use coolDown then you dumb faggot

What you doing while waiting for Nost?

leveling on Kronos to get into the groove

I won't be pushing past level 20 or so

Masturbating to Anri Okita, Brittany O'Connell, and Jasmine James.

pfffft hahaha wtf is this gay shit lmao
virginity online? hahahaha kill yourself boy

Ragnar Thunderbrew doesn't have a quest that VanillaGuide says he should have.

I guess I'll just stop playing.

the dark contrast would still help

>VanillaGuide

on kronos? apparently that quest wasnt in till later or something. just grind on boars/yetis for a bit

how much of this is true?

lmao nost is actually fucking dead on arrival if they allow non roman alphabet characters in names

Brittany O'Connell is goat too bad there aren't many videos of her :(((

100% true
china was nostalrius' biggest problem and will no doubt continue to be so

I don't get it, why don't they just ban VPN's and auto-ban all moonrunes in chat & names. It would make so many things so much better. Most people also seem to want this, so why won't they do it? Atleast give the chinese a separate server or something.

Get OmniCC noob. It shows big red numbers on your cooldowns. Also RangeColor to color your spells when they're out of range.

all of it?

the gm responded to that picture saying that non-latin characters aren't allowed, but you still would have to sit there individually reporting them one by one so it's pointless

>you still would have to sit there individually reporting them one by one so it's pointless

if only they played the game themselves and took action against the blatant moon runes in every form of communication

>The one where she's dressed like a maid in a red dress
>Instantly takes the dress off
YAMERO

Only option on real Nostalrius you had is roman alphabet names
not sure about that upcoming realm "Elysium" tho...

the dark contrast would still help

that's archeage, which was fucking awesome until it got buttfucked hard. It's not worth playing now unless you enjoy pumping in literally thousands of dollars into being competitive.
Such a waste of potential. Had so many great things even if one was forced to ignore all the weeb shit.

As far as that screenshot, Veeky Forums was in archeage solely to scam or troll people, pirate shit, and ERP. If it was just the first two things, that would be acceptable. But I never met a more genuinely horrifying group of people in my entire life, perfectly content to shitpost and jack off their lives away with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

There is a fresh server opening up when 3.0 drops and i would encourage anyone here to not fall for it, just in case anyone was looking at it. The p2w stuff won't be in at launch but will come back after a month and you'll end up regretting your life choices. Very standard asian cash shop trick which trion is adopting.

All of it is true, however they've said non-latin wouldn't be allowed for names at launch.
However the rest of it, the being banned for being "racist" and GMs "relying" on user submitted reports is all real.
They are honestly missing out on a fortune by not opening up a chinese only server with a cash shop. According to chinese forums, they are all for something like that.
As it is, the amount of chinese interest in the new servers cannot be overstated. They would outnumber us the same way they did at nost shut-down.

shut the fuck up

Fuck that ones too good
>tfw no Brittany O'Connell lookalike gf

>But I never met a more genuinely horrifying group of people in my entire life

I feel you, the FF14 thread contains literally nothing but disgusting ERP hookups and avatarfagging. A bunch of men pretending to be girls acting really fucking gay with eachother. I can't even imagine the appeal.

your character looks really gay and you are also gay irl
can you play as undead in this shitty game? i'd play as rogue and corpsecamp your dumb slut

According to the faggot ex-nost dev on alexs stream the nost devs saw china as a non-issue. They legit believed it was just racism.

The POV one in the purple skirt is unbeatable though. Truly her magnum opus.

>your character looks really gay and you are also gay irl
That wasn't me, was just saying what game it was. Faggot.
No undead playable in the game. If I remember right it's humans, elves, asian humans, cat people, and the new thing adds dwarves and uh, something with horns i think.
You wouldn't like it. If you want a pvp game with sandbox elements (tho archeage is more of a "sandpark" but who cares what i think), you may enjoy one of the new Darkfall reboots, or a decent UO private shard.
If you're good, you can make people very very upset in Darkfall, which I'm guessing you would enjoy. However I think we both know you're shit.

Excluding the gold farmers and win-traders, and there were plenty of Chinese players who were neither, there was a lot of xenophobia. But it was justified. Having a huge segment of the population be essentially unavailable for any meaningful interaction is just a bad experience. Especially because they were massive enough to cause an already overloaded server to become almost entirely unplayable at certain times of the night.

Real publishers recognize this issue and region-lock their shit rather than try to moralize to the playerbase. I realize private servers are underground affairs that don't necessarily make up for their operating costs but that doesn't change the negative impact that 'open borders' so to speak can have.

I'm hoping the Elysium staff can recognize the positive effect that banning VPNs on Kronos had for the server as a whole, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Put down a trap!
Aimed Shot!
Multishot!
Viper Sting!

And I've only used up a third of my mana, buddy! Nahahaha! I'll make a throne out of your stupid undead warlock bones!