/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FfzTJXzW
twitter.com/Hacker0x01/status/805946480821473280
hackerone.com/nintendo
hackerone.com/blog/Nintendo-3ds-Launches-bug-bounty-program-on-HackerOne
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first

So I neglected to ask this before, but can I use my previous micro sd in the new one's hacked system transfer? I've just completed the transfer using the pc based option, but now that it's asking me to transfer everything from the old one to the new one, I realize i didn't think it completely through. My new sd is 16 gb, and my old one is 32 gb, and has way more than 16 gb used. Is there a way to use my old sd card on my new system?

Let me repost this shit then.

Anyway, I need some help here

Basically, I've wanted to resurrect my old PS2 with a HD loader.

Fat model, SCPH 39001

Problem is, the disc reader is busted, won't read shit. At all.

It's chipped too, Matrix if I remember right, no idea about version and whatnot though. I don't even know if this matters too, as it won't read shit anyway.

So, is it possible? You guys have any info to share about this, or do I absolutely need a functional disc reader?

Is the new Wii U DNS a little too good? The Home Menu Plaza doesn't show what games everyone is playing anymore.

Just put it in? You don't have to actually transfer contents on the SD card. Swapping SD cards is fine too.

subhuman menuhax plebeian here. What did I fuck up this time?

Oh and my picture is sideways too. How did i manage to hack this thing in the first place?

You can actually look up "PS2 HD loader" and find a good number of answers to your question. What you're seeking to do is possible. Not that hard, either. You will need a network adapter and compatible hard drive, though.

i dunno. maybe check to make sure you have Luma3DS.dat on sd root.
re-copy it if necessary

I haven't been to these threads in a long time. Does Henkaku still have the same save bug?

the methods i've found need either a disc or a prepared memory card, which you also need either a disc or some other way to inject the data into it.

do you have any suggestion to where can I find a method that I can make the whole process without needing a disc?

I'm looking into putting a hard drive in my PS2 and modding it. I thought all I'd have to do is hook it up to my PC, format it with Winhiip, and maybe install FHDB (I already have FMCB but having on the hard drive seems more convenient) but now I'm seeing some stuff about HDD OSD and I'm not quite sure what it is. Is it necessary?

Update for anyone reading the past thread: I have trouble installing Taihenkaku because it's basically Henkaku but newer.

So after installing the Taihenkaku beta, I can run my PSP games again.

It had even save my Valkyrie profile save data.

Which bug?

QCMA had been updated. So you can easily transfer save data back-ups to a PC.

I even ported my SRWZ2 save from RetroArch on my phone to Adrenaline without any issues.

Well i recopied and now it doesn't even bring up an error, just cut itself off.

The bug where the system didn't detect the memory card after playing for a while.
It was horrible because many times I lost my progress.

And, is Tai any different? Should I start using that?

Fucking retard!

So because I have Exidia from the hacked system transfer, sysdowngrader has a better chance of a soft brick? Can I just delete exidua or some shit, i can't be dealing with starting all this shit over, and having to wait a week on top of it

There's been a manual fix for ages

you can just redowngrade the nfirm and re downgrade if you soft brick

It never corrupted my files or anything, what I fear is the danger of losing my progress.

Well, I guess I'll just have to test it myself.

my 3ds quest is still not over what firmware versions i should look in the consoles and is making it play/download games beginner friendly

i found a used one with 10.5.0-30U in it is it ok ?

Read the 3ds guide in the OP.

9.2.0 downgrade says to take updates folder from sysdowngrader zip, but no such folder exists. Is the guide outdated or did i miss something?

Nevermind, i'm a silly billy.

I mean a manual fix for stopping the save bug from happening you moist walnut

So if i got this right i need to just download the starter and follow the instruction correct?

WUP installer disc-ripped NA Amiibo Festival when?

Well, sorry. Like I said before I haven't visited these threads in months.

Yes.

Follow along. And document what you are doing so you can do easier troubleshooting.

So, what's the process of transferring my Moon save from the leaked .cia to one downloaded from the Freeshop?

I haven't been kept up to date but is it safe to go online in Pokemon Sun/Moon or is there still that tiny chance of a surprise late ban wave down the line? (especially concerning Pokemon Bank update this January)

>Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! You should avoid closing your device and continue without delay to prevent this!

I mean, the chances of accidentally closing a brand new 3DS with the hinges still strong is near zero but I still put it in vertical position

Cool blog bro
Where do I suscribe?

Holy fuck this seems scary

i've seen like 20 anons brick from that here and one was just the other day

I had to do the same thing. Get a functioning network adapter and hard drive, and look up a tutorial for installing freehdboot

It's pretty random, to be honest. I'm glad the warning is there in bright red, though

Turning the 3DS off by holding the power button then touching the off on the touch screen doesn't put it in sleep mode, right? Just closing it, I think

Also the N3DS's power button is so fucking bad, I miss my O3DS already

Fuck, meant for This is what I deserve for phoneposting

It's more for you to follow along.

If you have to take a break, you should have something to help you resume later when you're ready.

So is it possible to use decrypt 9 to just reload my old sysnand backup after a hacked system transfer, or am i a fucking retard?

jksm to export, jksm to import.

perfectly safe

Any guides for the ps4?

Do you ever get ready to post a really stupid question then realize the stupid answer to your stupid question when you read it yourself?

I'm up to using safea9hlinstaller and I got the error saying that it's missing payload_stage1.bin "for some reason" and was about to ask what the fuck I do, and then I realized I just plain skipped a step where you copy those files to the SD card.

Fucking dumb.

Probably half of the errors people get are because they put the files in the wrong place or didn't move them at all

Usually accompanied by a "I did everything right"

if it's from the same 3ds sure

What do you mean? The Source 3ds or the one I transfered to?

I had a problem yesterday with my N3DS where menuhax wouldn't boot

Turns out the ropbin file I was using had an extra ".bin" at the end of the name so it wasn't being recognized. I felt really dumb

if the backup is from the same 3ds you backed it up from then you can use it

>I felt really dumb

So, I just found a couple of projects that allow for the use of a 3ds as a pc controller. Any idea if this can be done the other way around? It probably sounds like a ridiculous question, but is there any way to control a 3ds from a pc?

I'm getting a black top screen and a red bottom screen when I try to load jksm. What am I doing wrong, user?

Why isn't there anything in the OP regarding cuteboyshax? I want a bf soon hbg, I can't wait the full five hours.

Hey anons, for those who want to take screenshots from extended RAM games on Old 3DS (such as Pokémon SM, Smash, etc) which isn't possible with NTR or HANS, I put up a quick guide on how to set up TestMenu, which is capable of taking screenshots in them, at expense of online mode.

The setup can be a bit annoying but I'm sure there is someone who loves taking screenshots as much as me and will appreciate this. Without further ado, enjoy!

pastebin.com/FfzTJXzW

Stupid question of the day:

When your System Settings show "Sys 9.2.0" that means Luma went through, right?

So, I just received my n3ds back from nintendo that they said they would not repair because it was opened by someone other than them. Would it be worth selling my broken 3ds somewhere like ebay just for the parts? I've had people tell me I could, but would it really be worth putting it up somewhere to sell for repair parts?

>-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
NO SOURCE
AT ALL
NOT EVEN TOMATO

yes.
assuming you correctly configured luma, your system settings will show "ver X.X.X" if it's running ofw, or "sys/emu X.X.X" if it's running luma.

was it under warranty? you could threaten a FTC complaint under Magnuson-Moss

Yeah, it was. And the status on their website after the system was shipped back to me says it's out of warranty now. What exactly is an FTC complaint?

Can old 3DS actually reliably emulate SNES games or was user just hitting me with memes?

proof is in the pudding it's all there

I guess I should re-word that. Not so much what an ftc complaint is, but rather Magnuson-Moss

you can use blarg or snes9x

the pudding doesnt exsist

Yep, it's all well. Thanks for the answer

Except the source is on 3dbrew and wherever the developers behind it have posted.

Quick question. I was trying to un-ban my 3DS using a friend's LocalFriendCodeSeed, and deleted/replaced Movable.Sed on my emunand. In the process, I bricked my Emunand.

To unbrick it, I copied my movable.sed from Sysnand and put it on Emunand. Are my two nands linked again, and if so how do I unlink them?

Hey there /hbg/ it's not often I come here for spoon feeding but I'm starting to feel more and more stupid so it's the only choice.

How do I get the original R4 working on my 3DS? (A9lh new 3ds, latest Luma) the R4 itself was working on a DSlite but won't seem to work on the 3ds even with the forwarder app. Is there some sort of new firmware for it? I never used flashcarts on the DS so I'm clueless.

If someone could link a guide or just give a simple explanation that would be amazing.

You don't exist

>eating it

I don't think it would get me anywhere actually. Nintendo has it stated in their warranty

"THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY NINTENDO (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT AND COPIER DEVICES, ADAPTERS, AND POWER SUPPLIES); (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING RENTAL); (c) IS MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH; (d) IS DAMAGED BY NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, UNREASONABLE USE, OR BY OTHER CAUSES UNRELATED TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP; OR (e) HAS HAD THE SERIAL NUMBER ALTERED, DEFACED OR REMOVED."

If I had to guess, being repaired by a game shop rather than nintendo themselves would fall under the system being tampered with

so is slowhax gonna require exidia to work?

I just got done installing A9LH+Luma on a N3DS on a surprisingly smooth ride

Anything else I should install before I close this thing forever? My current list is:

>NTR
>JKSV
>FreeShop
>something for FTP (I'm accepting recommendations on this one)

no

twitter.com/Hacker0x01/status/805946480821473280

Interesting

ram viewer plugin for ntr
homebrew launcher loader
ntr input redirection
twl savetool
romfsexplorer
slot-1 launcher
custom home menu manager

hackerone.com/nintendo

Your days are numbered. Nintendo is paying bounties for finding exploits.

>Nintendo will pay up to U.S. $20,000 for the discovery of critical security vulnerabilities.
So slowhax is either worth the worship of a bunch of nerds or 20k

Wow did you really type all of that to pretend to be Nintendo?

Magnuson-Moss makes it illegal to void a warranty for using unauthorized parts or an unauthorized repair center. Denying a warranty because it was opened by someone else would mean they could deny an unauthorized repair.. which is illegal. It doesn't matter what the warranty itself says. Hell, they can get reamed for having a deceptive warranty like that.

hackerone.com/blog/Nintendo-3ds-Launches-bug-bounty-program-on-HackerOne
I don't think this changes much anyway. Even if one doesn't want to share vulnerabilities, once Nintendo patches them they will be found by someone else too. Unless literally everyone who's talented joins this.

finally

>ram viewer plugin for ntr
What are the practical functions of this?

Everything else seems pretty useful. NTR Viewer + NTR Input Redirection is honestly something I wasn't expecting to see working anytime soon

>ARM9 kernel takeover
kek

Time to get myself 20k. But is okay, I'll share 5k in here on steam credit and shit.

>inb4 is a ruse and is to lure hackers in for jail or blackmail.

Maybe I'll flip a coin.

I think Smea already touched on this but a 20k bounty for a system that's going to be killed off in 3 months is curious to say the least. It seems that the Switch will use very similar architecture

Well, it also allows you to edit RAM too, so you get to mess around with cheats without creating individual plugins.

Ok, so I finished doing the ahl9 guide. Now what can I (re)move or delete from my SD card?

tells you right there at the end of the guide

Hmm, that's really kind of interesting. So how would I go about putting in a complaint for it? Would it be worth doing? Would I be all that likely to get anything out of it?

You are right. I don't know how i missed that.

Can I piggyback on the guy's question? I just finish the process myself

My new SD card still isn't here so I'm going to get by with Nintendo's 4GB card. Can I backup and remove the NANDmin files on the files9 folder? That 1.2gb is pretty heavy for a 4gb card

all backups can be removed from the sd and put into a safe place

Thank you
Time to try to find any games that fit this tiny ass SD

Ikari