/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB39)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?22127

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBHTd4lr93o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SURGING

TIME TO TAKE _______

WITH

*dies*

>make an alt because want to play some champs i never tried without getting punished for it
>get a chest
>open it cause why not
>bomb king emote + pip skin

i wish i knew why f12 doesnt take a screenshot but im really fucking pissed right now
why do i only have this luck when i dont need it

dude buck's here to fuck

never mind i figured out if you make it borderless windowed you can print screen but i had to close the rewards window for that

also, pip skin is the one which you can only gain from chests

WE ARE STRONGER WITH CHEDDAR

Anyone have the wall of Pip names?

4u

Not him, you got the one for Andy too?

>imgayforbbc
kek never noticed that one

>Feel like playing frontline
>select Fern
>two people go Ivan and Kinessa
>4th person goes Evie
>wait on last person to pick healer
>they pick Ching-Chong Nip-Nong Rambo instead
>None of them make use of my shield
>Kinessa and Yellow Archer rush in like asshats
>Only Viktor helps out and plays the objective
>As I predicted, we lose by a landslide

Is there some algorithm that puts "less experienced" players together or something? Because I've gotten a lot team mates who seem like they've never played a class based shooter before.

Thanks, you're a King.

Now give me a big hug

[muffled linkin park in the distance]

Holy fucking lol

I want Evie to adorn the top of her Christmas tree with my severed genitals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

memes aside, how do you guys feel about androxus
i would definitely play him more if they didnt make him so god damn disgusting
he seems pretty fun and has a big learning curve to his aim

>index s3 never

Any advices how to get good with edgelord? I feel like my q isn't working most of the time, they shoot at me but it doesn't shoot projectile back.
Also is my deck good?

That's actually an old version. Here's the most recent one.
Source: am the guy who made this thing.

from viewing my match history, it appears that the game either prioritizes elo or specifically puts solo ques against pairs. in several of my matches I've noticed it goes 2 parties and a solo on one team vs 5 solos. other times they put a bunch of people with 1800~ elo vs a a team of 1670~ elo (and one 1700~, yes this really happened). idk how they fucked the matchmaking so bad, honestly.

why is her underboob so cute bros?

I hated playing him for comp bc I can't aim for shit in games this fast

It'll be even cuter in her xmas outfit.

Where the fuck is the PTS update

>I won't play this character in a vidya because people might judge me
That's actually worse than unironically liking him.

>that drogoz change
just
what the fuck
jesus fucking christ why are they doing this
AND NO FUCKING CHANGES TO ANDRO OR CASSIE
I SHOULDN'T HAVE TRUSTED HI REZ AGAIN
FUCKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i dont feel judged
i just dont like hearing a guy go on about power and death and shit
i just want him to be fucking quiet about it

>Christmas elf Ying
>Snowman Bomb King
>Reindeer Androxus
>Santa Buck

is there even any reason to play this game anymore

>her xmas outfit
Lmao that's not gonna happen. Hi-Rez hates being competent and doing cool things.
Actually, when can we expect approximately OB40? Estimating based on time between OBs so far of course. Surely not before december is over, right?

I won't forgive them for not giving my wife a cute christmas elf skin.

That really looks like it took a lot of effort.

Won't it be better without aim bots and constant rocket spam? Still Cassie and Andy need nerfs.

it won't do literally anything because the aimbotters will just create new accounts since it's a f2p game
they should save replays, and then check out the replays of a guy with an outstanding number of hacking reports. hackers will just find ways around it anyway, they always do.

He's just store-brand reaper

>reaper
reaper its a shotguner tho

andro its a mccree floyd

Airshot me Daddy Dragon!

This is the best stuff in the chest, but who plays these characters
Drogoz is slow
Evie skin voicepack is bad, like the skin

Closed PTS, good luck OB 40

>Drogoz is slow
how slow
make a webm
this may influence whether or not I install that cancerous anti cheat

oh wait
>closed pts
what the shit

>75 crystalinos

Welp, I guess I'm not getting Kinessa's beanie.

private test servers where they test updated versions before they apply the update to public

I know, but why is it closed when it was literally just open. it's also not private at all. I have it downloaded

I see no reason to ever pick Ying anymore. I also don't understand the nerf on Drogoz.

Sometimes Cassie and Androxus couldn't hit him because he was moving too fast, they had to address that

>“Through card combinations and precise timing Drogoz players were able to exceed booster’s maximum speed for long durations of time allowing for an unintended amount of mobility. With the new booster behaviour he can still momentarily hit high speeds but will not be able to maintain them.”

>Booster
>Implemented a gradual speed reduction to booster when surpassing the maximum intended speed.

rip

im finding it less and less fun playing this game with each passing day

>Quake Dragon is kill
>Illusion Spam is kill
>Log Shooter is kill
>Infinite Fireballs is kill
>Ice Block Blink is kill
>Dime's Dicking is kill

How do we stop Hi-rez?

you cant help someone who is self-destructive

choose the right champion

>We found Bomb King to be too effective so his bombs need 2 seconds to arm after sticking

>tfw you will never give your king a big hug
Why live?

don't give them ideas

>tfw your king will never give you a few lashes to see it his way
what's even the point, brehs?

tfw you will never be his jester
I don't know if I can hold out to the end of this year

Don't worry
"in future the knockback of poppy bomb will see an adjustment"
drybear @ OB39 patch preview stream

That wouldn't massively hurt him anyway so it'd be bearable if it becomes worse. Poppy kills are cool but pretty situational and not always practical.

>we noticed bomb king's damage escelated the more bombs you stuck to targets so we adjusted damage
>we noticed ruckus could use his f ability twice so we adjusted his mobility
>we noticed fernando's fireball dealt damage so we adjusted that
>we noticed skye getting caught despite being invisible so we made her invincible during invisibility too
>we noticed androxus didnt fire his entire clip during defiance so we adjusted that
>we noticed sha lin's planted had a duration so we removed it, now sha lin may stay in planted for as long as q is held

>Fernando
>Reduced Health from 5700 to 5500.
>Reduced Movement Speed from 365 to 360.

Goodbye /palg/ thanks for the short memories.

see you in quake champions

remember when the game was young and pure
and the waifu would deliver the load to the load receptacle

Ya, probably if its for free

>Not realizing that he will still do it all alone with maybe a little help
Nando cant be taken down m8

>Tfw want that Evie skin for the ribbons
>Used all my free crystals on Snapdragon
>75 crystals

I have to beg for referrals now, thanks Hi-rez.

Gigantic is about to go into open beta any day now.

When will Andrew and Cassandra be nerfed?

After everyone leaves due to shitty updates and they close down paladins and someone thinks "you know maybe we should have nerfed those fags"

>Ribbons in her hair
>Cute laugh
>Gift box iceblock

Being poor is suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBHTd4lr93o

why not just replace aggression's damage bonus with a fire rate bonus?
same dps increase, more possibilities, actually useful

Because that'd be strictly better than the faster reloads card.

how so
youll end up reloading more often than normal because your magazine empties faster
youll not be able to get the reload card because you already have a fire rate card

You'll reload more often but that's balanced by the fact that you're reloading earlier. The reason why it's better is because you have better burst; two Skyes fight against eachother and assuming they have similar aim, whoever empties the clip first is gonna win. It also helps your accuracy in the sense that if you can land the first shot you're more likely to land the others because the other person has less time to move.

*buffed

And it'll be soon, dear user, don't worry about it! :) -Drybear

>Cassie and Androxus shooting even faster

pls no

And I guarantee they'd fuck it up and it gives ten times the benefit it's supposed to.

How's the new anti-cheat boys? Is your game clean?

Yeah your deck is good.

I find that sometimes, I benefit more from getting early kill to heal if there isnt much cauterize on the enemy team. If they only have 1 healer, you can easily lay off the cauterize a bit and see how much of Kill to Heal and Haven/Blast Shields you need. On top of that, win your fucking duels. Go grab your favorite mouse, go in training room, gp practice jumping about and headshotting the walking pip, headshot the Skyes in order, practice hitting two specific things on the wall till you nail it, get a good mouse and mousemat, hell, you could even get a 120/144hz monitor if you're real tryhard.

If you can't kill a certain enemy, avoid them. ALWAYS hunt down enemies that give your allies trouble, but are no problem to kill yourself such as Bomb King, Drogoz and Kinessa

Aim is key.

>mfw I play pip
>mfw I can chase after every flank and damage thanks to the explosive flask and insta heals

but thats exactly the same bonus aggression gives
nothing is going to change in 1v1 situations except that your clip will empty faster

Yeah, he might be a terrible healer but Pip is a damn good flank.

The thing is with aggression is that you either make it strictly better or strictly worse than the reload speed card; the reason why everyone considers it bad is that it's strictly worse. If they added just a couple percentage points it'd suddenly turn into the flanker card of choice, there's no middle ground.

Make it cheaper? I think it should just be removed though. There are already 4 other cards for that category.

Drybear discussed this during one of the mid-patch dev insight videos, and Raynday discusses it in his blogpost.

Basically, Aggression is shit for a reason: because if they made it good (again), you would literally never pick anything else. It used to be good back in the day, and at that point, Aggression was non-negotiable. Either you had it, or you lost. Hi-Rez refuses to go back to those days, so that's why Aggression is as weak as it is.

>all these Andros and Skyes who think frontal assaults are their job
The mind boggles.

I'd rather keep it as is and not replace it. A niche card that you'd use for very nice situations. Shame it's newbie bait but oh well, that's how they learn.

Maybe you could call it niche but I can't think of any situations where it would be worthwhile taking it instead of something else.
It's sole purpose is newbie bait.

>there is an option to report for intentional feeding
>but none for cheating

350 hours later I'm still baffled.

or how about making it a card that boosts ability damage?

>ying, BK, maldababab, or fucking kinessa with this card

What doesth thou mean isth Wrong With THy Cardeth? Thou seesth noteth whateth isteth wrongeth. Thou Seeesth notethsth? Thy healeresth areth tooeth strongetheth. Thy heals wouldeth beeth tooeth strongeth.

>fernando fireballs with this card
>viktor nades with this card

How about maybe

autism
Yeah but wtf is the point of buffing everyones damage output so it becomes the new aggression, except it's better than aggression because anyone with a damaging ability can get it. and it'll be better than wrecker or cauterize because you'll die faster

Aren't we all autism?