Is the carputer a meme? or does anyone actually have one?

is the carputer a meme? or does anyone actually have one?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Head-Unit-2-Din-7-Android-4-4-OS-Car-Stereo-GPS-Radio-R-1080p-Quad-Core-iPod-3G-/252187699875?hash=item3ab78eeaa3:g:HVMAAOSw6btXRRHb&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know a guy who uses a 3g tablet in place of a standard navigation system. It doesn't really work all that well in my opinion but he's happy with it.

I had a tablet in my old Subaru.
If you have the time and skill, you can set them up to work pretty well as a music/nav system, and you get google maps which imo is the best benefit.

In my car now, I have just a Bluetooth head unit and quick mount for my phone.

can i attach a rear view camera to it?

Imma do something similar with a 30 dollar tablet off ebay. want a gps system so i can stop having to recklessly use my phone as gps.

meh i've coded my own using arch and assembly language and it works better than the OEM ones in my bimmer so go figure...

Dash mount for my phone is all i need.

Was gonna use Android Auto now that it works directly on every phone, but it's so fucking limited why bother?

I taped a Sony xperia Z on my volvo dash and wired it to the aux jack

Looks ugly but it was easy and functional
can use all of android fancy shit nobody actally uses on ther phone, such as voice recog and speech to text
also because its a phone, it has its own cellphone number, and my friends find it amusing they have my car's own number on their contacts list, they have learned to try to call the car if I dont pick up on my own phone, so its ok I guess

I use a shitty $30 tablet to display Torque Pro data while I drive. it works okay

this sounds based

That would be possible, but difficult.

You can get android head units (which have native back-up cam support) quite inexpensively off of ebay.

Honestly the best benefit is the huge display on tablets.

>You can get android head units (which have native back-up cam support) quite inexpensively off of ebay.
can you show me what im looking for?

ebay.com/itm/Head-Unit-2-Din-7-Android-4-4-OS-Car-Stereo-GPS-Radio-R-1080p-Quad-Core-iPod-3G-/252187699875?hash=item3ab78eeaa3:g:HVMAAOSw6btXRRHb&vxp=mtr

I'm seriously considering an android tablet type head unit but I'm put off by the fact that they're all no-name Chinese brands from AliExpress. I might just do like and get a phone mount and just keep using my aux. Lack of nav sucks though, 2009 car with no fills like that.

>assembly
kek why?

>Android 4.4
Are we living in 2013?
Seriously, are you even trying?

see i cant do this. my car doesnt support double din. i cant replace the deck. i need to buy something totally independant of the current system. how fucked am i

It's a fully integrated head unit, and it's like $200. If you want the latest and greatest, you going to have to pay.

What car do you have? Most models that were at least somewhat popular have a double din adapter available.

volvo c30..

What year?

Have a nexus 7 in an 06 a4. Shits cash w phone as wifi hotspot

So Volvo uses some gay fiber optic system for their entertainment/climate control, so your best bet is to mount a tablet somewhere and connect it to the stereo using bluetooth or standard wired connection.

yeah man, thanks

thats what i had read. i just need to find a solution to make it flush