Anyone else think pushing your car on public roads is dumb? I say pushing your car should stay on the track

Anyone else think pushing your car on public roads is dumb? I say pushing your car should stay on the track.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RpUqd8jB1H0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That looks like a shite track m8.

100% chance you
>arr white
>member of the neighborhood watch
>have an ethnic son that your gf swears is yours but really isn't
>listen to music in .mp3 format that you got by ripping youtube videos

What's wrong with ripping YouTube?
>Muh FLACC
Fuck off back to /g/ then faggot

well its where #gridlife is held

youtube.com/watch?v=RpUqd8jB1H0

>implying .mp3 is the only lossy format
>implying .flac isn't a good format for archival purposes

Youtube rips are shit btw

Whatever, free music
Stop being a "patrician" fuckwit would ya

Jesus Christ i'd rather kill myself then go to that """"Car show""""""""

Fucking horrendous

explain why?

>please stop having good taste you're making me look bad
Pathetic.

>brash and tasteless mods
>oversized wings
>stance
>generic edm/dubstep show
>cancerous drifting

Pick all of them desu senpai

I would say about 90% of the event is time attack racing.

I agree with OP. When I'm out just driving around, I don't need people to be all aggressive around me. They have race tracks for that.

I go to a track every 2-3 months to get it out of my system.

I try to do every autocross I can get to. What do you drive?

>I go to a track every 2-3 months to get it out of my system.
Like how your wife goes over to Jamal's house every 2-3 days to get it out of her system.

You can turn in your balls at a local firestation, since you clearly aren't using them.

what's wrong with you?

racing on streets is dumb and should be only on a track

everything else is fine provided you're doing it alone

lol cone dodging
ok. I'm a grown-ass man with other responsibilities. How often do you drive on a real track?

Havent been to a track in like 2 years. Toegay is a 15min drive and never closes, and the closest track is like 1.5hrs away

More or less agree.

Rare exceptions are on/off ramps, and occasional corners that I know well. Even then, it's normally only one or two corners taken at speed.

Generally don't ever really push the car for miles at a time, maybe once a year if that, on a back road with very little traffic and surprisingly good pavement. Even in a 12 year old FWD shitbox, I can bounce off the 105 MPH speed limiter between most corners. On winter tires, with drum brakes in the back. Generally doing that once mellows me out for a while.

Hoping to get to an autox or two next year, but they're an hour away and there are a grand total of 4 during the year. Nearest track is 3 hours one way, and last I knew it was north of $500 to get in for a club day. Maybe some day.

what is this lil guy

>being content with poor audio quality

what the actual fuck is this tread, fuckin seriously Veeky Forums

hes the one the puts on event that his lil JDM AF van lol.

The mountains are literally 5 minutes from my house. But the track doesn't have cops and bikers. You must be young.

There are some undeveloped roads like 20 minutes from me and there are never any other people or cops down there. There are some nice straights and some good twisties too. Nice pavement too.

I go there with my buddies and hoon with them every once in a while. We don't ever race because we don't have fast cars but we'll all pack into his van or my pathfinder and push our cars to the limit.

I have seen cops in the mountains once and that was because there was a fire.

I don't get people racing in traffic or any shit like that, but having fun pushing your car where nobody can get hurt is fine. Keep a bit of the spirit of driving alive.

Pushing a little bit is fine to me. But no needs to really push it even when no one is around because there is always a tree you can hit.

If someone wants to risk their own life doing stupid shit, I have no problem with that.

>you can't die on a track
You heard it here first lads

It's certainly a little more likely to die on a place with no runoff than one with plenty if you're pushing the same amount, though I prefer nice mountain roads.

Fuck, that's great to know, I was going to sepukku by going mach 1 into the fucking pit wall divider at my local track. Now I'll just drive off of a cliff.

Pushing your car in busy roads is dumb but if no one is there then fuck it. I usually fly through corners because it's fun and if my tires aren't squealing and I'm close to the speed limit I won't get in trouble. I have some nice s turns on my commute.

...bro just mp4 is fine quality.

Eh, it's not bad. I thought it was easy to drive and fast. Now Grattan, that's a challenge.

I want to drive there hopefully next year i can start my track days!

what about road rally?

Only acceptable if
>you know the road
>it's late as fugg so no traffic
>it's rural to begin with
>your car is equipped for it (performance pads etc)

Public roads where I live are generally pretty poor lately, and my car is worrisome. I have however seen people in brand new muscle cars rip/smoke around parking lots which is pretty cool.

There are no fucking tracks near where i live due to some laws. Have to go into adjacent states for hooning.

I mean, define "pushing". I drive pretty aggressively and I speed on public roads, though I always keep it under 60 and I usually only do so at night when there is less traffic. and this is city driving mind you, but hey, I like going around corners, making lane changes/passing people, and generally driving quick on janky city streets. I have never been pulled over for speeding or anything else, and I've been driving for about 8 years. cops where I live don't really pull people over unless you're doing something really crazy or obviously drunk. going 10-15 over the limit is the norm. I also try not to be a dick about it, I always signal, obey other road laws, and I don't "fuck people over" just to go fast, I try to stay out of their way.

i have more fun in open road twisties going 50-100km/h than straights and i live in mountain ranges so its a mixed blessing

I say if you get near me I am going to push your shit in.

How about that, bro?

Tracks are over rated.
If it was a private track it would be better, but it's still the same few corners over and over.
If you're racing against the clock and don't mind shelling out big time, sharing with other people, and the entire PC structured nature of a track event, then go for it.
But if you just want to enjoy a spirited drive, a track will never get you what you want.
Anyone who's thinks that hooning on the street is irresponsible because "take it 2 da trak" is retarded.

They're two entirely different experiences, and one is flexible, free, and perfect for everyone.
The other is rigid, expensive, and super fucking shitty for everyone.

I agree, because the risk you pose to other people is massive and even if you remove that most of the time the roads will have 0 runnoff and end with a ditch or a tree just begging you to fuck up.

In my mind it's only okay if the road has no traffic and intersections on it and you place spotters to warn drivers of any traffic/warn any traffic of drivers. That way atleast others are safe.

I've talked to racing drivers about it and for them the situation above is the only acceptabru way they said while doing 3x the speed limit sideways in their trackday car with me on the passanger seat.

I guess it's because my country has only 1 racetrack.

as an audiophile the only problem is that .mp3 is a lossy format and if someone uploaded a lossy file to youtube, where iirc youtube compresses it further a bit, you'll get noticabely shit quality. Even in mediocre car stereos.

I listen to exclusively flac because it's lossless and I tend to listen to same music for years even decades. And my hardware can take advantage of it.

That said I still have some MP3 tracks like say eurobeat and forza horizon ost because they are hard to find in flac and I won't notice the quality anyway since I'm usually driving then.

There's nothing wrong with ripping youtube mp3s and listening to them, just don't be surprised when one day you notice they sound like shit

same, whenever I want to drive I take my car to the nearby """"""""touge"""""""" and then off to a twisty back main road. Also the off ramp on the highway to my parents place has some really nice s turns followed by a roundabout.

I don't exceed the speed limit except on the short straights and don't make my tires squeal because the body roll is allready scary enough and stay within the lane on blind turns.

It's a compromise but that compromise is plenty for me.

One day I'll get the lads together, we'll find a road and close it for sprint

>I don't exceed the speed limit
On backroads and touges diabetic women who have lost their feet regularly go twice the limit in their f650 sexcab duallies.
You must really be cucked.

there's a twisty backroad you can take instead of a highway to get to a shop.

There was some lady in her porsche suv that kept speeding while I was never over the speed limit and I kept close on her tail because I was fast in the corners

I still had fun. Corners is what makes driving fun.

Depends.

Backroads + sighting runs + lookouts. Take turns doing timed runs and straight up races.

Those "traffic calming" chicanes by wal mart = nah. maybe when it's deserted, but i'd rather run off into a ditch than hit a pole.

speed through the corners for real fun

I think excessively speeding on municipal or smaller roads is stupid. However, pushing your car as far as it can go on the highway is a different story. I usually drive at least 30-40 km/h over(anything over 40 being impoundable) otherwise it takes too fucking long to get anywhere. I live in Vancouver so with all the shitty drivers who sit in the left lane and stack up it would take you half your life to get around if you didn't weave through them going that fast.

Also driving like an asshole in a 90s SL just feels right.

>audiophile
I bet you burn in headphones, and bought yourself a pair of sennheiser hd 800's and keep telling yourself that its better than the 5 year old audiotechica m50 you got for 70 bucks.

>audiofool
>using lossy mp3 rather than .ogg
Buying $20 walmart cans and a sansa clip loaded up with Nickelback's discography doesnt make you an audiophile lol

Fuck you the closest one to me is 6hrs away and like $200+ to go to track day

It's fine to go over the limit on the freeway or bigger country roads with good visibility.

But if you're pulling hektik skidz at 60 mph in a densely populated area you should nys ASAP. Even if you're the best driver in the world you can't make sure everyone's safe in that situation. It's fine if you kill yourself doing something dumb but taking others with you is off limits desu.

I say you're a faggot or not even a man at all and should kill yourself. Cars were meant for the road and that's where they should be pushed.

>How often do you drive on a real track?
Why would I ever do that though since I'm not a low-test bitch?

>Corners is what makes driving fun.
Want to know how I know you've never held triple digit speed for any length of time?

why didn't you go for something reasonable instead of going straight into placebo HD800s? Don't blame us for your buyer's remorse.

what's so impressive about 100 km/h

Grattan > Gingermam

Fuck off commie bitch.

>i am too much of a pussy to hoon my car at the late hours of the night & early hours of the morning

there you go, OP