/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

literature Edition

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

heartbreaking defeat:

Chart user here, gonna work on the small changes to my chart, and maybe work on a infographics in my spare time to make the information I do have noob friendly.

If you mark with valk cams you're a piece of shit

Friendly reminder to vaccinate yourself against shitposting. It's that time of year again.

Just use your 4chanx filter to block his memes, and he'll be shitposting into the void.

If you leave in the middle of a ranked match you're a piece of shit.

I think it depends on the situation. If it is a critical firefight happening maybe a 1v1, your spamming marks can give your teammate live info and might distract the enemy for just a few moments if they try and get the cam during the fire fight.

How about you stop being a passive-aggressive little canadian bitch and actually say what you mean.

Pretty much

It's not live info though, if they're moving more than not at all it's going to be lagged information. Mark just shows where they were when you marked them.

7th for murals for buck

evrtim

While I agree, marking does have its situational uses

>Favela, queuing with a friend
>Valk at start of round "please don't spot on cameras"
>Watching cams later in round, spot an enemy directly through a wall from my friend
>"Alright man, look at that wall, i'll mark and you wallbang them"
>5v4
>Valk chimes in "please don't mark on cameras"

Not if you go into over drive and have your other dead teammates help mark the enemy off sync with your marks for a higher frequency of marks.

INFINITE MARKS GOOOOO

Let's start working on the infographics now

>Labels
I'm thinking keep the "labels" simple as possible, maybe only 3-4. So far in my head I have

>Offensive / Roamer
>Utility
>Defensive

So for example, Capitao would be an Offensive Attacker, pulse would be an Offensive Defender, Rook would be Utility Defender while Thermite is a Utility Attacker.

Obviously characters that fit more than one box would be good, like Bandit could be a Roamer / Utility Defender cause once those car batteries are down that fucker is out to lunch.

And as far as they are grouped and ordered, we simply order them based on

>Easy to Learn
>Average Difficulty
>Hard to Learn
>Circumstantial Use
>Objectively Bad Operators

Rook obviously goes in the easy category, people like Thermite / Pulse go into the "Average" category, people like Valk go into the "Hard to learn" category

Castle goes into circumstantial, Tachanka and Blitz go into the objectively bad.

so based on the list from is there any reason to join the TS? it just seems like a meme circle-jerk that sometimes crawls into the general.

Help me I keep killing the hostage as Glaz/Fuze.

>skyscraper, hostage in the room with the little blue city model
>hibana go to the breachable window of hostage room and bash it
>immediately burst down
Why?

they could have punched two boards on the inside of the room - they aren't visible from the outside

That way no attacker will get concealment by only punching a tiny bit of the barricade open.

the barricades can extend a bit above and below the window, hitting those areas count as 1/3 hits towards the barricade.

so a common strategy is to hit the bottom of the barricade that is below the window twice, then the next person who hits it will break it in one hit.

If you main Ash and/or Jäger, you're a piece of shit

I mean that the window was intact, but she ran up to it, bashed it at head level, and got a faceful of hot lead for being retarded.

How dumb would adding Ghost operators be

Or

Rainbow

Other than abusing shoddy netcode with speed is there an important reason that ash and jäger make someone a shitter?

I'm asking for a friend

Ghosts are way above Rainbow, if for no other reason than Rainbow is usually deployed to more "controlled" situations - like a bomb threat or a hostage call with VVVVVVIP's

Ghosts get deployed to literal warzones and save the world from nukes and shit

Are the extended barrels good?

America would never send its best soldiers on some multi national team they save the real guys for Ghosts

>tfw horrible at knowing when to melee people because I never played a competitive fps with knifing
I just shoot until they die

Rainbow

I wouldn't say I main Ash but I go to her often because I don't like most of the Attackers

Ghost is pretty much just Delta or DEVGRU but are more likely to use black classification gear whereas say DEVGRU will only use them if they feel it's an outright necessity (we probably still wouldn't know about their stealth helicopters if one wasn't properly disposed of in the Bin Laden raid)

Which makes me wonder, are valk and blackbeard actually DEVGRU or did Ubi put the wrong patch in by mistake?

Because the character carries them, making them believe its all them. You have to take retarded angles to beat these characters that you don't have to do with anyone else.

The Division are shit tier

Sleeper Agents that also break easily apparently the game states the 1st wave of agents all went crazy or died

oh

Isn't The Division a separate universe anyway?

Cannon not cannon

They exist in the Clancy verse since they are sleeper agents but the Division game is when they really need to activate it in a what if scenario

I see, so they're crutch characters kinda like bb?

>Division Agents
>They basically got trained on super simple shit and then went back to their lives
>We are unsure if they continue training regularly or basically are forced to keep up with training themselves
>First disaster strikes
>literally dudes in hoodies armed with golf clubs and escaped convicts with prison shotguns
>First wave of agents completely killed

Division is completely shit. Not to mention nobody in the right mind would allow access or control to a group of fucking nobodies who claim are a spoopy agency with 0 oversight or official standing. Every commanding officer in their right mind would detain Division agents immediately

>lol what orders from the president all I see is a watch
>sit here and don't fuck up our city thx

Why is thermite a fucking nazi?

Yeah, it seems like they choose a bunch of people based on what they do professionally and how their personality can handle the collapse of civilization then just give them some training and a watch

Like old BB. New BB is a normal character now. Ash and Jager are still top tier.

Apparently they didn't do a good job because the first wave got wiped out and one of them is trying to take over America.

it's the most inept shit

>when someone says you're shit if you main Ash or Jager but it only hurts your feelings a bit instead of a lot like it used to when you had no friends

This desu.

Like I always thought of it on like 40k teirs.

Rainbow are Imperial Guard Stormtroopers and Ghosts are Space Marine Scouts in terms of deployment necessity and tech.

Which ops are a real patrician to play? Who are the most useful and least shitter ops?

pulse has a giant fucking boulder head

>New BB is a normal character now
My nigga
This nigga right here gets it

That's for damn sure. Obv it's a writing element but everything you learn about the antagonist and his profile before the collapse is like "yeah that's about the worst person to give power to"

Gotta hold that all seeing eye somewhere.

Most useful? Thatcher, Thermite, Rook and Hibana without a doubt. I'll even extend it to mute and valk if you want.

I would assume BB and Valk are DEVGRU, as that is the only real counter terror unit in SEALs, the rest are frogmen.

This here is a good way to group them. Tack on other labels as it fits, but don't try too hard to force labels onto things that don't really need them.
For example. Pulse is really flexible. You can play him as a point defender and assist other point defenders or roamers with intel, or as more of a lone hunter. Labeling him as 'offensive' implies he's limited to only that playstyle. Same goes for Sledge and such, he can be a team assistant, creating quick pathways for them, or he can flank on his own to pressure roamers.

And remember kids, good game sense is indistinguishable from cheating.

nice

Don't worry, that list was probably made by an antisocial autist that thinks jokes and banter are the same thing as memes. Half of those people are nice people that don't spew cancer.
The TS is kind of low population at the moment though, so the memes are hard to avoid if you hop on at the wrong time, but the more anti-meme operators we get in there the less of a problem that is and the more fun the best of us can have.

>Character called Glaz (means Eye in russian)
>his icon isn't an eye
>his scope also kills off his peripheral vision so he doesn't actually see much
Nice job, ubi.

If you want Patrician you can't go past the old man. Remember, he's been doing this since before you were born.

>Out of my 5 trading cards steam gave me 4 Thatcher's and a Mute
It knows.

Then just do a checkmark system. Offensive, Defensive and Utility. An Operator is checkmarked as what they are most likely to do best. He doesn't really have any utility, but his gadget can be employed both defensively and offensively(roaming)

Like anyone CAN defend and anyone CAN roam, but even with impact grenades we all agree that Rook is in no way a roamer, because he's fat as fuck and noisy. Sure he CAN roam, absolutely, but is he anyone's first choice for that? No.

Sledge doesn't really add any utility other than the speed in which it's employed, if you think about it. Everyone has breaching charges, everyone can bust open walls to some degree. Sledge just does it fast as fuck and lets the team zip through the map.

fuckin NICE

This man knows. Argie removal is always the best option.

So do you feel that ash and jäger are not worth the roster slot in a given round? If the more useful ops are accounted for do you still think that only a shitter would choose one of the three speed duo, or do their gadgets make them useful enough?

I think I've let my line of questioning run a bit away because you said people who main them are the problem but I just wonder how you feel about the operators aside from people using them for ez mode

Nigga what the fuck are you doing?

>its a "dude on your team autolocks tachanka and teamkills" episode
remove tachanka

>i DEMAND approval for my operator choices

lmao

I've never seen that, is it a european thing?

You can actually interpret the icon as a basic looking eye. This was his old icon.

Lots of spilled spaghetti in this clip but Fuze takes first place.

its a "late night t hunt" thing

I don't play Ash that much, but looking at my stats with her I have a 2.02 k/d after 7 hours playtime with her, so she must be decent in firefights I guess. I don't really know since I don't play her enough to get a proper feel for how strong she really is.

I do play alot of Jager on defense though, but honestly in terms of fighting power he's a worse version of Ash. Ash has a higher DPS rifle with lower recoil and smaller hitboxes, her head in particular is the smallest in the game, while jager has a fucking massive head. Of course he makes up for that with his useful gadget, but yeah. It's probably also worth saying that I run holo on his 416 95% of the time so I don't tend to do the whole jiggle-peek-with-an-acog thing that I see 99% of Ash/Jagers do.

TL;DR pick who you want dude, don't let some salty fuck in the general make you feel guilty about playing good ops.

I never tried t.hunt with other people except for section 5

I played a bunch when I first picked up the game to grind rep to unlock operators and get a basic layout of the maps but that was all lone wolf.

Ubi fucked up. They should have called Valk's cameras BattleEye and the anti cheat system Black Eye.

>Still no Australian Operators

wow it's the same thing that's been posted every thread.

Except BattlEye is a third party anti cheat system and Ubi has as much control over the name as you do.

Bandit if you play him like the vibe lord of season 1.

I tried SAS shotty once. Is it good now?

>You'll post this in every thread and you'll get the same response

Put it this way, I almost spat my drink out when he downed Buck from that distance.

>skyscraper, 4v2
>drone defenders being busy prefiring peekers
>go from the front
>shoot smoke in the back, bandit shoots me through his body because I didn't see him but I hit him with one bullet
>he proceeds to ace the rest of the team because they decide to go in one at a time through the window

It is indisputably the worst shotgun in the game.

Valkyrie is really ugly, goddamn. You got qts like IQ, Cav and Frost and then....that

>if the RoF of a weapon is 700 or higher, compensator
>if it's 600 or lower, flash hider
>Semi-autos use muzzle brake
Have I got this right?

Bandit trick?

>that sledge

there actually was a chinese kof player with one arm but he turned out to be a government conspiracy

You can listen for Thermite placing his charge on the other side of a wall, then place your battery on the wall to destroy the charge, even as it's starting to ignite.

They prolly won't get in the game ever because of their generic look.

I'm lazy so I just put a flash hider on everything unless it has good accuracy already then I'll use a suppressor because it sounds tacticool

This is actually one of the times where we don't have to direct you to the pastebin guide because it doesn't explain the Bandit trick.

>that uniform
>under the australian sun
So they're skeletons, right?

Skeleton operators when?

I'm playing on ps4 without a headset help
How do I stop getting shot from a doorway I just checked the instant I fucking turn away from it I can't fucking hear anything
Caviara roam memes get me every time i move in on the objective and get shot from a blind spot I'm so fucking shit

>New BB
>Normal
He's still strong as fuck

>tfw you spaghetti hard and still win

>Some team killing mexican gets kicked from game
>immediately returns

Shotguns are only good when you have the element of surprise and the ability to attack from close range (duh) + balls of steel. If any of those 3 elements is lacking don't bother with shotguns.

>"Thinks cheating is OK because he would be banned if it wasn't"
>Playing Tachanka on attack

wew lad this is actually a dank ass meme

>sɹoʇɐɹǝdo uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ou ןןıʇs

>cheating is OK because he would be banned if it wasn't

It's not entirely flawed logic.

>reinstall after almost half a year
>get into a game
>get killed
>see this in killcam
They're going for tf2 route, huh.

That's probably the worst example desu

>playing Pulse on console on bank
>upstairs offices objective
>begin roaming in the basement just to make sure
>come up the small stairs into the big foyer with skylight
>get eyes on dudes doing breach near the closet hallway
>pull pistol out
>glaz notices me and turns to shoot
>fire beautiful .45 ACP
>glaz fucking domed
>sledge immediately turns around, I fucking book it down the stairs, through offices and up middle staircase
>come up behind BB on stairs
>waste him with 1014
>come into hallway, down Sledge
>throw Nitrocell
>Kill him and the Ash going to revive him
>Blitz last one alive lol
>finally see him near, out of shotgun range
>Draw pistol
>as he drops shield to try and shoot me before I get close, fire 3 rounds
>domed

This is the first ace I've ever got in this game and I felt like John Wick or some shit, holy fuck. Thank you for reading my blog post.

Is it just me or do Pulse players seem extremely smug? I think it's the character's model but he's the only defender that feels annoying to get killed by.