I need some advice regarding a car purchase Veeky Forums. I need a truck for work and found this

I need some advice regarding a car purchase Veeky Forums. I need a truck for work and found this.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5844662534.html

It looks very promising but the owner tells me that there is no a/c and no heat. The blower however works. Should I stay away or how much can I expect to spend to resolve the issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5827022574.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5879701493.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5835362125.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5808039030.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5859908970.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5841492091.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5801027224.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5835362125.htmlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's a lot for that gen F150 with issues. Seriously, why do you need a lift for work use?

Way too much for a 1/2 ton thats been molested as fuck.

You can find a much nicer OBS for that price if you shop around.

Well I got him down to $3800. I don't particularly need a lift for work but I do intend to off road a bit during holidays/weekends. Nothing serious enough to necessitate a lift, but it does look cool imo

it looks cool, but I bet you can get a similar F150 with a working heater for much less.

Can you please help? I have been looking on CL for a month or so now with no luck

Does the 1996 even have the FXoffroad trim?

Unirregardless, this thing is definitely lifted already. Looks like some intense 35s or 37s on the body, too so I'm pretty sure you're set for all your offroading needs and more!They look like BF Mud Terrains, too.

Honestly, an old V8 Ford F-150 is reliable as all hell, can tow like 9000lbs and will be your best friend. Fix up the differentials and maybe extend the exhaust just a bit higher and this would be able to mudd to a decent degree as well.

Looks like this trucc was taken care of, too so $3800 is looking quite good. Tie rod replacement is a frequent loss on the old F-150s.

Ask him about the clutch and when he last changed the diff oils.

I will tomorrow since he went to bed already. He said he put in about $3500 worth of stuff into the truck and has all the receipts.

some things to consider

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5835362125.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5859908970.html (check recepits on that engine)
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5801027224.html

these are just a few I would check out. The F150 you posted isn't terrible, but I would avoid a lifted truck for doing actual work. I hated reaching into a giant bed to pull shit out when I did landscaping for a bit.

Fuck, I could believe it. Depending on how new the tyres are, they themselves can be worth $1250. If everything pans out in that list that he provided, that'd be another $1500 and lift could easily run you (if you don't know what you're doing) $1000.
One owner is probably the deal sealer for me.

Of course, it looks like he Taylored the trucc not for Swiftness. So you would be lucky to get 13MPG on streets with it. That's the only downside to me. However, if you don't mind all the add-ons, I'd definitely do it.

Thanks a lot man, I saw a few of those in my research. Any time I see anything in spanish though I nope the fuck out. I will never buy anything used from a mexican

I can get that. Depends on the owner though, if he's got a decent amount of money, or it looks like the vehicle is maintained because it is needed, you can usually assume it is alright. If that's the case then you usually can squeeze a bit more off the asking price.

Shit. I totally missed the part where you need it for my work. Yeah, I can't get my trucc more than 5 inches because work on the bed would be annoying as shit.
I thought this was going to be a fun DD for you which I would have recommended to get it simply because of all the off-road ready material that he has put into it (and if he's really the first driber and his dad has taken really good care of it, then for sure!!)

Comes with a cap. 4x4 working and reliable V8 makes this a great daily. Downside is of course automagic so it won't be fun to offroad this
Short bed very good for offroading. You'll learn to love the extended cab - I'd do it since you can store a lot of shit there.
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5835362125.htmlI wouldn't recommend a Sierra if 1500s and F-150s are available simply due to reliability and frame rot more so. It is in Los Angeles so rot is almost never an issue and this one looks pretty clean. But for 1992, it's probablyu definitely repainted so be careful
Looks great. You might be able to egt him down to 3400 Front lifted. Lack of 4x4 and it being automatic is a deal braker for me. I say no.
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5859908970.html
F250 might be a bit more than what you want. V10 is just.... why? Automatic and 2WD - again a dealbreaker. Niche purpose for hauling. I would avoid this one, desu.
Similar thing with the above F-250
>o/5801027224.html
Automagic and no effort to really sell it to you. Might be worth calling but meh.

I got lazy halfway through but half of those are pretty good things to look into if the lift is something you want to avoid.

Good luck, user! And keep us posted.
Remember that you still can offroad a 2WD as long as you have friends or an offroad boot.

>V10 is just.... why?
bruh, V10. but it would be a really long lasting work truck

also automatic isn't terrible, you can lean things on the converter.

I need it for work as in I need a bed to hold lots of spare parts. Not for anything else really, that's why I don't really care if it's lifted or not.

But back to the problem at hand, do these Fords have common AC/heat issues?

well usually it is a leaking heater core or something which is the issue. It requires taking the dash apart. As for AC, it cam either be it needs a recharge or the compressor is fucked.

Yeah, but at that point, you're just burning gas. And you don't even get the nice BUZZUHZZUHZZUHZZUHZZUHZZUH sound that the V8s give you as you're at a smoother, less "metally" sound.
Plus V8 reliability is already top notch. 200 000 more miles on top of 600 000 cap isn't worth it for the elimination of 2-3 MPGs over its lifespan. That's just my opinion, of course.

Yes and no. All the Fords I've encountered with A/C issues are fixed quite reliably with either a fuse or recharge kit on handy. Heat issues is just a redirect or a fixing of the fan. They're easy to fix when they break. Larger issues, I'm unsure of, actually. That's a question for the vehement Ferd vs. Chebby argumenting people. I try not to get involved. They yell at me ):

One thing that's worth noting: If you plan on living in your trucc for more than 3 days and running it for 12-18 hours a day, I would highly recommend upgrading the coolant system to combat the California summers, though - but that's on every one of these models.

>that feeling when there is another autismo in the 818

Gotcha, thanks a lot fellas. Will post pics if I decide to buy it!

Taft, Pierce, or CSUN?

Yea 3800 is still pretty high he's on Crack if he thinks he can get 5 grand for it you can pick these trucks up all day for 2 grand I would do a bit more shopping

Where the hell are you finding a BF Mud tyred, 4 inch lifted F-150 with one owner for $2000? The work itself would be $2000

Granted, I'm in Canada so I guess tack on an additional 50% for Canuck Car prices... Ah well. C'est la vie.

You never get the money you put into a truck back it adds to it but dosent justify adding that price to it

CSUN

That is a fair point.

Especially since OP would find the lift a hassle after dailying it for more than a month. I would love that vehicle if I had another way of dribing 5000mi per month.

Lifting too high and changing gear ratios would cost me so much money in the long run, it just wouldn't be worth it. I'm sure OP would feel the same way.

Good point, user! Have a good night until people near OP's area wakes up and responds tomorrow.