/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

gremlin birb edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/488550/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one

First for the other ded wasn't even made by remanon.

when i find u in alberta remanon ima cut u so bad

Come at me bro, I have 600 mm of frontal upper AND lower armor.

store.steampowered.com/app/488550/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_1

Dream car Racing on sale right now. Looks like it has REM's building system, but with crushing and bending. Don't know 'bout its multiplayer though.

Any updates on spengies multiplayer?

>status: hydra
>now it has 6 branches with native bugs on each one
>some bugs are even on SP

>guy asks why Robocraft community is so evil and toxic
>dev responds

>It's just because the subreddit is rather small that it's noticeable. A small group of people can have a major impact on the atmosphere.
>You'll typically notice that a lot of the accounts posting that sort of content are new. They could even be just one person proxying so reddit doesn't identify their IP as belonging to one person.
>When a post gets upvoted, people are more likely to further upvote it. Much in the same way a downvoted post is more likely to be downvoted. It's why votes are hidden for a certain amount of time now days.
>So a guy and a few mates can make sure to upvote each other's content, this will push it to the top of the sub and once it has it's votes revealed, the probability of it being upvoted is far higher.
>That, and content presented in a visually appealing way such as memes are more likely to be upvoted regardless of the message it's trying to convey. If that post were just text saying "Freejam doesn't think build depth will improve player retention", it would have been downvoted as a low effort post.
>I remember one instance where a low-visibility comment I posted went from +1 to -5 within a minute of being posted, followed by a consistently negative reddit user immediately responding. Then over a period of a couple of days, got upvoted back up to +2 (because what I said wasn't logical to downvote in the first place except for an anti-FJ bias).
>Of course none of this really flies on bigger subreddits. Just my personal observations.
>It's also worth noting that the recent changes, while very good for gameplay and have received a hell of a lot of praise, are still very confusing. Confusion causes frustration, which results in posts like the one you mentioned. For example, the point of that meme post was to have a dig at build-depth, but build depth is far greater in the recent updates than it has ever been. But it's not necessarily easy to understand that.

>our build depth isn't stupid fuck you wah

>Of course none of this really flies on bigger subreddits
Yes it would, it would just happen over a shorter period of time, making the downvoting less obvious

Just from reading that, I'm tempted to go in there with my rarely-used account and downvote anything stupid he says just for the hell of it

>but build depth is far greater in the recent updates than it has ever been
Is this true? What was changed?

It's not true, when they say "build depths is far greater" they mean "player base is far lower"

To egg or not to egg, that is the question:
Whether tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Pistons and Rotors of outrageous Clang,
or to take arms against a sea of physicians,
and by opposing end them: to die, to egg no more.

>It's also worth noting that the recent changes are still very confusing. Confusion causes frustration.

>very good for gameplay

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Servers on fire off the shoulder of Marek. I watched Rotors clang in the dark near the Keen Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like autism in engineering. Time to egg.

I'll go with you if you want. Egg is too ded to shitpost effectively.

>Go with me
What
I'm not gonna post in that hugbox, just damage that deluded ego on display.

Besides, I went there earlier and downvoted most of the stupider posts already (which, interestingly, nearly all of have exactly 1 upvote).

Brother?

My man, do you recall the object which we saw,
That fair, sweet, lunar morn!
At a turn in the path a rusty rover
On a dust strewn bed,
Its pistons raised in the air, like a lustful woman,
Clanging and dripping with lubricants,
Displayed in a shameless, nonchalant way
Its wheels, phased through ground.

The sun shone down upon that scrap,
As if to melt it to a turn,
And to give back a hundredfold to foolish engineer
The grids he had combined;
And the Clang was watching that superb rover
Burst apart akin to flower.

is this the hearthstone general /hsg/?

please state the nature of the euphorical emergency

At this time, the hearthstone general is classified as definitively not/egg/
Please await a further date to resubmit request for assimilation.

>Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>>Minecraft
>>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Stop.

>playing hearthstone when there's shadowverse

>tfw once brilliant egg is going into the same path of /cbg/
rip in pips, you lived while ded for too long..

Our Clang, Who is in /egg/,
Holy is Your Name;
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on blanids as it is in space.
Give us this day our daily rotors,
and forgive us our engineering,
as we forgive physicians;
and lead us not into early access,
but deliver us from Marek. Amen.

Keep out eggs safe Mr.Hicky-four-five!

MEMES.

SPICY HOT

>acient
OДHA
PAБOTA

SLAVA CCCP

keep the hood safe H

DX9 were simpler times

>we will never have a drawfag to replace them with warframes

We can always /r/equest it

Shit like the above is why we're hitting the image limit 100 posts early.

Nah.

>when you hit the image limit 100 posts early or not at all because you're dead

/ded/

Here's a little pointer for you shitposters

when you're trying to shitpost to keep a thread alive, it's important that you post screenshots of the /egg/ games. if you don't post screenshots, it just looks like regular shitposting and this turns new people away from the general and attracts shitposters. if you do post screenshots, anyone passing by the general gets a good idea of what the games in the general are about and might ask for source and try it out.

here is an example of a screenshot.

thanks for being a positive influence in /egg/

REM AI is silly.

Keep adding more tictacs to the AI library

Resources can't melt resources! Wake up sheeple!

Whatt gaem is that? is that abortion? Abortion release when? torrent when? full, complete games when?
>here you see a rem shp, correctly klling itself for being 10000 parsecs near the combat zone

I love those engine trails

Ramming speed!

only this ship does this and we have no idea why. The programmed behavior is to avoid everything as much as possible. REM's AI is fascinating stuff, even to its creators.

Even the best programmers find things they didn't intend when making games.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't know why it's happening, though. You should probably figure that out.

It's clearly because it has a fuck load of forward thrust being unaccounted for. AI seems to need better awareness of its own kinematic performance.

honestly this floaty combat looks really bad. tenks when?

Our current conjecture is that there's so many forward thrusters, a simple 'maintenance' burn, intended to keep the vessel at a consistent distance ends up turning into RAMMING SPEED. Probably.

Yeah, this user gets it.

Pic related

I think it'd be good to have one or two enemies that like to REM you during combat, mix it up a little

3D > 2D

>3 months ago
>dev branch spengos works relatively fine again
>dev branch is kill, but stable still somewhat works
>stable branch is also kill
>everything continues to be kill
>3 new dev branches which are also kill
how did they fuck it up that bad in the span of a quarter of a year

Best thing they fucked it up just as we had a serb going.

I know, people were actually almost having fun.
Daily reminder
gas the keen
gas the marek

you don't honestly think that slow floaty combat where all you have to do is put a lot of maneuver thrusters and guns and armor and keep facing the enemy while holding M1 is good combat?

that looks braindead desu, get those tonks out asap

abortion can't come soon enough

Two things. One, that's a severe oversimplification and ignores building light and fast with light armor, one heavy gun and more thrusters than you.

Two, you had better have manually typed desu, that wordfilter is in place for a reason and the fact people still haven't caught wise to that sickens me.

this

Is robot odyssey the first /egg/ game?

has anyone tried playing it? I've heard its hard as shit

The wordfilter is in place because the mods are communists trying stymie the natural evolution of language senpai.

Sometimes I legitimately forget about it, which I suppose is a sign of how far the corruption has taken.

baka desu, i type desu as much as i want senpai

The wordfilter is in place to avoid becoming twitter or facebook. There are still ways to keep posting the acronyms, like using invisible characters inbetween.
I prefer it desu.

baka desu senpai

If it's anywhere near as comfy as sponges then count me in

I have taken to posting desu and senpai manually. I often add tics like ne or wa.

I'll never live down building that shitty drone platform, will I?

>30 min to page 10

Mirage I suppose?

You know shit's bad when you resub to EVE Online for your space autism fix.

>subscribing to a f2p game
oy vey goyim

Nah man 99% of the shit is locked off. It's more of an extended trial.

The drone platform was great, it just took way to damn long to build.

I'm not sure if it was keen netcode, poor planning, or just us missing a part, but the actual deployment fell apart in seconds. A real shame that was.

We were discovered and somebody pressed go, idiots. We didn't have time to finish it, we didn't get to proper launch distance, and we built it out in the middle of the fucking open. If we had stuck to the base and deployed later it would have been successful.

>unbreakable argentinian superbase

it feels like the AI take roles, one hides, and the other looks.

Built another airship for practice, criticism and bullying welcome.

Now, if i put a giant war axe on his ass, and when near roll and axe it...

F._._._._.y C._._._._.t

Thank you user. I admit I sometimes lose my way

That's a very agressive recoil compensation

Does this still happen on REM?