/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Dont Die On Me Edition

Previous Thread >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like Evolve
It's not. Survivors have to teabag the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to suffer trying to catch them. Everyone has their own objective.

>Official Wiki
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.2.1b)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/340412628171580889/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=l0jGb-iPyMM&t
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/
youtube.com/watch?v=hkuETjoU6GM
deadbydaylight.com/chapter3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Infs are Mind Games guys
clips.twitch
.tv/deadbydaylight/FairPeafowlShibeZ

But is it worth keeping the thread alive? We've exhausted most of the fun parts we could have with the game, now it's just going downhill due to devs. Even though I don't believe F13 and Last Year will be as competetive/fun as DBD in the long run, but at least there'd be more things to talk about in a joined general when they come out.

Legacy might be out today, and so will the new shrine perks. Rev up your shards.

If we let it die then all our hope is lost

We gotta keep it alive for F13 and LY. /assg/ baybee

>start the game on a hill
>turn around
>see a completely bloody hillbilly running straight at me
Shortest game of my life.

Today's "ignore good questions and shitpost" day right?

I've asked multiple times about new game modes, but it never comes up.

They won't do anything with the game that would spread their playerbase resulting in longer queue's. They've already had problems with the past and people didn't bother playing the game anymore when they had to wait 15 min for a game.

That's only a problem if you have a stagnant or dying playerbase. New gamemodes will bring in new players and bring back old ones. Also if anything, just like how the map is "random" the gamemode can be too and boom a bunch of new shitty offerings to clog the bloodweb with. They like that right?

I think if they made more game modes the game would grow more IMO

They released a new game mode last week.

We don't know what's the best for the game, it's on the devs. They're catering to some, they won't please them all.

I'd argue the people that play a lot can easily shed some light on what'd be healthy for a game.

>We don't know what's the best for the game
Umm yes we do they dont even take any ideas into consideration at all they could easily do 2v8 in the beta and see if people like it or not and how buggy it can be

I agree Flare has to fucking make videos/draw shit just to get the devs to understand problems with the game

Oh god, that Dwight

But are their whole playerbase people who play it a lot? It's not their objective to make people stay as long as possible, they're after selling the game. There's many things to take into consideration.

He did do that, but they aren't going to just take everything he has for granted because he's a "angry gaming kid".

Had to Crop that shit was to funny

Link?

Yeah, clearly knows what he's talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=l0jGb-iPyMM&t
He had to make this video a while back plus he's told me the shit hes had to do complicated shit to get them to listen

Well ofcourse they're retarded as gamers, but the people who played this game for thousands of hours would balance it around high level play. Now if you did that and only focused on that part, it might hurt the casual/rank20/newbie experience by a lot. We all kind of really liked the game for the first 20 hours, so much undiscovered ground and would suggest the game to others ( disregard lobby issues ). As much as the frogs say they want the best for their game, they won't kill off their source of income just so that the game is competetive. They're a business before that. If everything is really working out for them right now and they're making nice dosh, they will not make an big changes to the core gameplay. That's why it's taking them years to remove infinites, that's why they have to look into facecamping and that's why they're implementing a report option - something that doesn't affect the gameplay but puts all the angry kids minds at ease thinking they mean something by reporting a killer.

I hope that made at least some sense, didn't re-read it. tl;didn't re-read myself.

>because he's a "angry gaming kid".
You don't watch Flare XD

>XD
Well your entire argument is now invalid.

maybe angry was the bad word, he likes to kick his dog a lot though RalpherZ , he's a manic at times, that's probably a better description

Any videos of him playing against good survivors? Anytime I watch his streams I see him bullying new players.

And by good I mean SWF with full a cancer loadout.

Patch notes look good.

>the rating/reporting system is in!
Nope

Entity touched looks like shit.

what patches, where

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Where they always are.

you wouldn't want me to end up on the steam forums by accident, I might get cancer if I don't already have one

>Calm spirit buffed so that at level 3 it's 100%
Nice, why not just remove spies from the game completely devs

>Adjusted the "Hope" Perk (new values are 5/6/7 increased from 2/3/4, included a condition for this perk to be active only for 120 seconds after the exit gates are powered)
Holy kek.

>Activating the last required generator for a game will automatically activate all remaining generators

Holy shit they actually did something I've been asking for.

No hooks left, time to wait.

>Adjusted Asylum building modeling & level-design to add more randomness and reduce possibilities for infinites
>Reduced the time it takes for Killers to vault windows
Neat

>Adjusted the "Sprint Burst" Perk so that recuperation time takes twice as long while running

Very interesting.

>The Wraith now starts the match cloaked
THEY DO LISTEN

>nerfed ds stun time
>also removed the drop exploit

Other than that is this the best patch ever?

>re-visited the level design of infinite spots in various maps

CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS?!
DID THEY ACTUALLY FIX INFINITES?!

Because they're trying to give people other options than DS.

They however just made survivors stronger as they will run calm spirit and DS and never be found

Urban Evasion increases your crouch walk speed up to 50% now, does that make it at all worth it? That sounds pretty significant to me.

I don't get it

Only while injured, so the killer will just hear your survivor crying like a little bitch without iron will too

>Added support to rate the match in the Tally Screen
>Added support to report or give props to other players in the Tally Screen

this needs a "rate your doctor/professor online" kind of meme pic now

>Activating the last required generator for a game will automatically activate all remaining generators

rip pip for all survivors hangin on the hook that get saved in the end

>Adjusted "Plunderer’s Instinct" (reduced aura reading distances for Levels 2 & 3, added a modifier to increase the rarity of items found for all levels)

fucking plunderer buff. that's actually nice, if it's not slippery meat tier of increase

>Adjusted Asylum building modeling & level-design to add more randomness and reduce possibilities for infinites

so probably boards up one of the two windows, horay... it's effin nothing

>Adjusted the "Balanced Landing" Perk (sprint duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds, cooldown decreased to 40 seconds from 60 seconds)

we're finally reaching double sprint burst tier I see

>Adjusted the "Decisive Strike" Perk (new values are 3/3.5/4 reduced from 3/4/5)

WAOW it's fucking nothing

>Adjusted the "Hope" Perk (new values are 5/6/7 increased from 2/3/4, included a condition for this perk to be active only for 120 seconds after the exit gates are powered)

now this one's just silly, it could've been +1% movespeed boost for each generator done, it would even go with the theme "hope" as you have more hope the closer you are to escaping, 7% feels like a fuckton, add that to sprint burst and balanced landing... good thing it only works when exit gates are open, unlikely to get used anyways

>sprint burst

no idea what's that about but I suppose longer cd, needs to be tested

>Adjusted the "Urban Evasion" Perk (new values are 40/45/50 increased from 10/12/15)

what the fuck son, wha-wha-wha-what

>Reduced the time it takes for Killers to vault windows

they actually did it, so I guess that earlier vault "fluid" adjustment was a hidden buff

>Survivor dying bleedout now keeps on progressing while in the Kill Interaction (Memento Mori)

at least one person must've had a bad time getting meme morid without an end...

>Fixed an issue causing Decisive Strike to be lost if attempted while being dropped

and the mindgame is dead, least I had a last good laugh yesterday

>Fixed an issue causing the luck trait to reduce the number of skill checks a survivor would trigger

luck increases skillchecks, aaaaah, kind of nice to know

>Fixed an issue making it possible for players to get trapped inside a pallet

nothing in terms of the killer, the bias is real!

>Fixed various gameplay & animation issues with the hook (large revamp of how the hook is handled)

will have to fix if saboing works while they attempt to hook

That's like barely anything...the bloody one looks way better. Guess I didn't lose too much when just having the hammer.

maybe there's been a shitload of mad survivors FLAMING the devs for giving them worthless outfits for their hard work, ha-haaaa...

>Survivor mains already busy bitching that sprint burst and DS were nerfed

>somehow I understood that players stuck in pallets only refered to survivors
>tfw I don't consider killers players

not sure if good or bad

Looks kind of cheap, like some glister rather than burns.

>the bias is real
It says players, not survivors.

and the nail bitting animation is back

I just wanted to be a beautiful golden bastard ;__; The cowboy hat is staying on.

So, survivors with Hope can outrun MM with Scratched Mirror/Vanity mirror?

Just missing the beautiful and golden parts sloppy! Don't worry, you'll get there.

>Adjusted the Hatch Escape interaction to be available from all incoming angles
FUCK now I have to trap all 4 fucking sides instead of 1, did they really need to buff the trapdoor?

They said that they would make DS harder to pull off did they reduce the skillcheck radius or no?

Do you think Hope and Urban Evasion stack?

If you throw sb on there you could have all three stack and be the fastest crouchwalker ever!

Survivors could already outrun EW1 Myers

Does that even work? I tried trapping that one side of trapdoor. Survivior just instantly escaped right after getting trapped.

>plunders
why

Not without sprint burst.

read the patch notes

Totems look dumb.

It worked before, if you trapped this side no matter what they do if they don't disarm it first they'll get trapped because animation started from that angle, and now I guess it works from all 4. Thanks.

they're supposed to look dumb forcing you to smash them

I like your perks choice.

>4 decisive strike perks

But what do they do?

Hearing you cant flick with billy anymore i need proof that you cant

I died so I rated this match a 1.

Still doesn't seem worth it

>he doesn't want to have to adjust on the fly based on what he finds in a box

Reminds me of beta days once you ran out of bloodweb. No more alex's toolbox pre-mades!

Sloppy will tell us with an uninstall screen.

So they nerfed tinkerer from 15% to 10%, but I don't see that in the notes.

Hag on the 8th? Pretty, pretty, pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=hkuETjoU6GM

Huh

>The Nurse carry speed was slightly increased to match that of other killers
>The Wraith now starts the match cloaked
The strong get stronger and the weak get stronger.
What a miserable time to be alive

>ACE

new survivor perks boys, brace for cancer

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hag will be able to break generators?

>that fucking trapper troll face

holy mc fuckballs

they've nerfed sprint burst only to put in new op perks, it's happening, brace, for, cancer ( calling it right now, there'll be a perk to fight slug meta )

The Hag draws in the soil to set a trap for the survivors. When a survivor find her trap, a lifelike illusion of the killer appears in front of them. Once the trap is triggered, The Hag has a choice. To enter the physical illusion when the survivors are within her reach or use it as a decoy to take down her unsuspecting prey before the phantasm collapses into pieces of dirt and mud.

The amount of survivor asspain will destroy this game.

where did you find this

Flicks are fucked. Forgot to turn on shadowplay.

deadbydaylight.com/chapter3/

>Fixed an issue making it impossible for The Nurse to blink inside certain houses in Haddonfield
>The Nurse carry speed was slightly increased to match that of other killers

forgot my image as well

I was just starting to get decent with billy, what does that mean?
Is it the "stop and saw sideways" thing?

It could be a bug kinda like the trap placement being fucked.

>Can't bong melodies now
Wow

Patch notes say nothing about it. Maybe it's a bug, like with trapper before? I like my flicks, dammit.

I had two beautiful flicks that game that did jack shit. I really wish I was recording it.

>another dlc already
>at 1/3 of the games original price

So, hags perks rely on totems and they can be destroyed. Another trapper?