/parag/ - Paragon General

Monolith Edition

epicgames.com/paragon/

>What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA developed by Epic Games, owner of the Unreal Engine. Powered by UE4, it has most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. With a fantasy sci-fi aesthetic to it, the game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in open beta.

>What's special about Paragon?
Similar to SMITE, Paragon uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls instead of a top-down view. Unlike SMITE, this game takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down and there's multiple levels of elevation. In addition, Paragon uses a card system, which is, for all intents and purposes, a player-customized item shop for individual characters that you build before the game; cards can only be earned with in-game currency, meaning you can't buy power.

>Do you unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

>What's this "Monolith" update?
The Monolith update, released on December 6th, is a paradigm-shifting update that changes the entire game. There is a new and smaller map, everything moves and fires faster, stats and cards have been changed and rebalanced, there's a new hero notation system, and more. The game is unrecognizable at this point, and all past players are encouraged to give Paragon a second chance and see if they appreciate the new experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=C7Ha3S4h4Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=sO-wIUkH0vM
epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v35-release-notes

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/paragon/redeem?code=WDQEQHG66HWGCALYTMHB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm stuck at work so I haven't played yet but I am not liking what I am seeing.

I'm seeing alot of roving death balls. Call them gank balls now.

Teams are just roaming the map in groups and ganking using all of the line-of-sight changes.

I've played a couple of rounds so far and I have to say that i don't like the update. The map is waaaay too small and the reworks (sevarog, grux) just suck. I mean, whats with that grux pull?? What is this shit? And don't get me started about the Sevarog Ultimate.
Also why did they have to delete Legacy? It was a great map and it was great when the matches took 45min +. Honestly 31.8 min average playtime? Who came up with this BS.And this weird new system with standart and ability damage. Also the cardpower (playing on german client, don't now the english term) is rubbish. I "grew up" with the alpha and beta, maybe that's the reason i won't play this game no more.

All in all it was a huge dissapointment. 0/10 will play again.

>Also why did they have to delete Legacy?
Because nearly all the problems that plagued the first version of the game (travel mode leading to easy ganks, lopsided changes to speed up the game, etc) was because Legacy was too big.

>And this weird new system with standart and ability damage.
Standard damage is basic attacks, and ability damage is from abilities. This is to standardize everyone and not split people across the physical/energy damage split they had earlier. It also allows you to better appreciate a character's given scalings, especially with the new universal Power stat.

I think it was way better with physical/energy. But it's just my point of view

I can see where you're coming from. SMITE has physical damage and magical damage as well, and it allows you to guard separately between them. Paragon decided to allow you to build around damage SOURCE instead of damage TYPE.

Lvl 27 here

Loved old paragon (playing since alpha) but seriously the update sucks

MONOLITH UP MY ASS

Paragon name is zod18
Add me if you want to play with a retard

Remember to play three matches before judging it!

I'm having a very hard time swallowing this update. It makes it even harder for idiots to know what to do, and it's not like Paragon lacked them beforehand.

Gotta learn the new map. You can't get away with bullshit picks in character select anymore.

Are you still unable to finish a build without getting card packs?

Cool a Paragon thread

Grux pull was broken you fuck, good riddance.

>playing Sevarog

So we forming a party or what? IGN is Agasio.

Since the map is smaller, the Grux pull was made smaller to compensate.

Only played a few games personally, gonna play more and figure out what heroes I'd like to stick with. They completely fucking ruined Belica for me.

>can barely even hit the full minion wave anymore
>no base damage on her ult(literally hit someone for 90 damage at half mana)
>game is fast as fuck and STILL no smartcast option for her knockup

Never playing her again

Greystone on the otherhand is pretty good.

I've always loved Murdock and Grim. I feel like Grim's ult needs to scale better but he gained a bit more survivability now since you can slow and just turn around and run away when before you couldn't. Still wish his knockback was easier to aim.

Countess's teleport needs more range

You can't even catch up to a Gideon or Grux

Wait.

That thing with wings is a woman?

A gynoid, technically, but yes.

>Belica ruined
FUuuuuuuuck shes the only person I could lane with.

How is jungling in the update? How did Rampage and Crunch sift out?

Yeah it sucks man. Her bomb is like 30% the size and unless you combo it with her stun(which is clunky as fuck now) you wont hit anyone ever.

The drone is also a lot easier to just walk away from since without travel mode people don't have to commit anymore.

i forgot about this general you guys died weeks after gaining some momentum. Having tripfags make the threads and making multiple discords probably didn't help. Maybe you guys can make it to a month if this update actually makes Paragon fun.

Update is shit so I doubt we will last a week this time.

Does this game have sexy melee (not ranged meme) girls and skimpy skins.

Oh look the waifu fag no we dont have skimpy skins or sexy melee girls now fuck off

They should've just changed the map name to deathball-o-rama-land.

That's what they have created. Epic are fucking morons.

>Female
>Sexy
>Melee
You have two options, and they're both assassins. One is a svelte shadowstalker...

>Check out the game because of Monolith update
>16 heros

...and the other is a vampire.

Epic morons amirite

Epic!

Someone post the booty pics.

what dogshit elo are you guys in lmao

Fucking dumbass casuals can't into a traditional moba map so they cry their eyes out. Let me guess you played Kha/Grux/Iggy on the old map and can't collect your free wins anymore? Fuck off.

There is no death-ball meta outside of bronze. Learn to ward. There's no excuse this time when blink cards are 15 fucking seconds and travel mode isn't a thing anymore.

t.nigger jew Steve

your game is shit and no amount of defending will change this. next time don't make a cross platform moba that uses card system instead of traditional item system like every moba that actually has a major playerbase.

>smite
>major playerbase

almost got me, heres your (You)

>look a game made by shit-rez is just as bad as ours
>this is somehow a good thing

Your opinions are wrong

THIS is the power of Unreal Engine 4.

>want to try out Sevarog
>take him into the jungle in solo vs. AI
>get shit on by minions
>recall after just one camp because I whiffed a siphon

What cards should I be using to jungle

You don't need to just siphon to get stacks anymore. ANY ability you kill with gets you stacks now.

>sevarog
>jungle

help

I got stuck in the ground as Greystone after leaping off one of the pillars

Had to rejoin the game

Noobie meme stack when??

So what you're saying is that Khaimera is the only jungle-worthy hero in the game

user...

According to the new hero notation, you want Wild heroes if you want to win the jungle, on top of Assassins and Gankers.
>Wild Heroes have tools which enable them to be effective clearing Jungle camps early in the game.
>Assassins have abilities that allow them to create and exploit favorable conflicts with out-of-position and solo Heroes. They will improve team map control and vision as a result.
>Gankers excel at setting up quick, safe kills.
According to Epic, the heroes who best fit those tags are Khaimera, Grux, Feng Mao, Kwang and Rampage, with honorable mentions to Crunch, Greystone, Countess and Kallari. If you want to play Sevarog, you'll want him in the off lane.

>Sevarog Ultimate

was improved

Grux, Feng, Rampage, and even Greystone with the right setup all jungle better than Sevarog

I feel dumb now. I usually play mid laner or support and I was stoked to try a new role

You can always go in the off-lane and try to survive a 2v1 against a support/carry.

Just play Riktor and grab them into the tower if they get close

Tbh this game only caught my attention because I quit league and saw a snap of dekkar (I think) in another thread. Butt now it looks like they shit all over her in monolith and I don't know if it's even worth the 11gb to try anymore.

>mfw LoL added those meme plants and it wasn't a joke

she wasn't nerfed like people think she was

With the pace being so much quicker now, being CCed for 5 seconds is a lot worse than it used to be

Countess has a better butt anyway and she's viable

So what hero is OP atm?

Iggy

Belica is picked like every game cause she op fuck that gay user

What? Stop being a fucking sheep user, dekker is widely over powered right now

I believe it. With the faster pace and quicker deaths, CC is much more valuable. That's why stuff like Greystone's ult-revive now does a range-dependent slow instead of a knockup/stun.

Greystone is broken

Why the fuck doesn't Epic include hero stats and scaling?

How the hell do you fix the god awful dithering/interlaced effect on transparent textures, mostly apparent on characters hair but also on trees and such. It's been there since I first tried this game and still remains after the recent update.

I think they will eventually, especially with the revamped notation and damage system; it's more important to tell how differently characters scale from each other.

epicgames.com/paragon/redeem?code=WDQEQHG66HWGCALYTMHB

Same guy. After some testing I noticed that it is actually the effects quality setting that is causing this. With everything down and off except for resolution scale, everything looks as good as you would expect it to, character hair looks solid, not grainy/dithered at all. After turning up just effects one notch, hair is now again grainy and shitty looking. WTF Epic?

Eat my Kwang Thang.

Molith sucks!
Slow the game fucking epic!

>Paragon is too fast
That's a new one.