freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/XsRBQi8r
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb531208.aspx
webmshare.com/play/omWoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tell me agdg, your game has proper versioning control, right?

>copying literally who engines from shit op

I have a 200GB folder on an external drive where I occasionally copy my entire project to

>GameGuru
>Create, play and share fun games on your PC with absolutely no technical knowledge needed!
Why is this shit there and MonoGame still isn't?

you dont seriously use such archaic methods, right?

am i doing it right?

Charlotte was hot

how is that game doing?

Looks like my folder. We're retards of a feather, user.

>was
She still is the oppaiest hottest waifu of agdg.

No, my engine just works no need to update.

>xenko engine
>c# 6.0 scripting
>graphics on par with ue4

hmm, looks like unity has a direct competitor now.

>sliders almost work

>took the time to write a bat file to automatically zip my whole project and copy it to a thumb drive

ez pz fuck the jewhub conspiracy that is version control

LEMME SEE THOSE GAMES! LEMME GET THAT PROGRESS!

you know you dont need github to use git versioning, right..? its a command line tool

Rewrote code, wanted to save in case something broke

Shit that looks nice, what's it for?

Alright, I give up, since you keep making threads too fast, here's the updated thread, please use this next time. pastebin.com/XsRBQi8r

I prefer to have only 3 "current news" things at the top of the thread, so it doesn't get too messy. Previous Jams was updated with Halloween Jam.

>public void

Sure. Just working on expressions at the moment.

Sounds like it blows it out of the water, what's the catch?

what's the alternative?

quick dumb question:
I've never used a Dictionary before, is there any way to initialize the dictionary without using .add?
The key and corresponding strings will always be the same after launch, and there are only 3 entries. I don't know if it matters, but I don't want to learn it the wrong way.

need to know what language you dumb nignog

I remember you, good job. You can still improve it further by using (making) a clamping function instead of doing those checks directly in the scroll methods.

He's just shitposting with the same stupid reaction image every fucking time. Ignore it.

capitalized Dictionary is probably c#

>xenko engine
>no relational anchoring of UI elements in editor
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

c#
didn't think that would matter, my b

I currently just have 3 .adds in the start of the function where they're used at the end so I don't have to write clunky if statements.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb531208.aspx

>I remember you, good job.
I'm feeling all happy inside, thanks user

>You can still improve it further by using (making) a clamping function
I will do that right now!

Thanks.

Zelda-em-up, I really need a name

Dictionary myBigDict = new Dictionary
{
{ "main bitch out your league too", "ah" },
{ "side bitch out your league too", "ah" },
}

Nice lighting.

appending "-em-up" has gotta be the stalest genre meme holy shit

Take two of these daily.

>Zelda-em-up
>ZEU
Call it Zeugma

thanks lads

More and more cutscene graphic stuff.

Zmegma

I made turret enemies. They try and bite you if you get too close.

Nice. Keep it up, user.

Why doesn't the third eye express emotions?

That looks incredible! Is that the game with the rock friend?

Was about some progress anyway.

I haven't done much today, but I have made some dungeon (first level) music and some sounds like shooting, hitting, interface etc.

Webm related
webmshare.com/play/omWoo

Good idea or bad idea?

>Learn how to do low poly partway through 2d pixel game's completion
>make some basic scenes with lowpoly, short establishing cutscenes essentially
>Render these scenes and compress them down to pixel game's resolution
>Take the frames and make one big animation
>Use at cutscenes

No muscles attached to it. Can't blink/move any more than nails can. Was originally more of a wartish appearance but everyone kept going 'what is that enormous pimple' and I got tired of explaining it. So now it's an eye that doesn't move.

>graphics on par with ue4

are we looking at the same engine? It looks like 2010 shit.

>webmshare.com/play/omWoo
It's looking pretty good user. Must say, I laughed out loud during the sudden zoom in for the pause menu

>All this good progress while I have no progress and can't mentally progress anymore on my game

Fuck. I need to work on something simple.

I see. To be completely honest, neither looks completely great with the rest of the character (which is pretty dang good)

I mean, you're going to end up explaining it in-game or through supplementary materials either way, whether it's a wart or a third eye.

Looking gud. Any idea on a full release date?

On a side note, how unusual is it to maybe keep a second tumblr just for personal stuff. I don't think I would feel right mixing it with my project related things.

Thanks

And yeah, rock friend

I am, yeah (and I do; same explanation as it was in the original game). But I'd rather it be explained in game than people yammering about it constantly on my greenlight page.

I've yet to find a suitable alternative, sadly.

Thanks. I don't know why, but I really enjoy that zoom effect. Do you think that it's actually a bad thing?

Thanks for calling this a good progress, but why can't you progress user?

I would like it if you zoomed in and then replaced the pixel sprite with high-res hand-drawn character art. This is the most inane idea but I wanna see it in action.

Probably a few months of work to go, so no release date planned yet.
Artist sorts mix their personal junk with their work on blogs all the time.

It's certainly jarring and seemingly pointless? There are perhaps other reasons to use it, it's a useful thing to know how to do. It just didn't seem to fit

>yet to find a suitable alternative
Perhaps a bony growth, like a really dull horn? It could be lore that the species decorates it, even to look like an eye perhaps

>rock friend
Nice, I've been admiring it. It seems to even do some stuff BotW is trying to do

fresh progress, piping hot
added a new summon type (even though they're just reskins at the moment), and added the ability to switch between them

I suppose it's not unwarranted since they're somewhat genetic neighbors to the Grynan, whose hair becomes horn over time if left undisturbed. I'll give it a shot.

zoom effect is fine as is. it adds character, and too many games lack that

the long road towards regret starts here

Welcome to game dev

At the end of the splash animation just below the tombstones, change the last frame so the horizontal line is broken up or something, or just remove it all together.

To me, it currently looks like a bug / error

Well, according to facts, that pause takes last sprite of player animation would mean that I would have to draw each sprite of every character animation in game in "hd" version. Well, my drawing skills are shit, so that's really insane. But who knows? Maybe some day, if I finish everything else and will be bored to death?

Thanks for your opinion. I know it looks weird, but I still like it, that's the problem.
Probably if more people won't like it, I will change it, because I don't care that much anyway

That means I'm not the only one. Feels good, thanks user.

Fuck you, SFML.

new card look, still fresh

>Haven't multiplied any of my velocity or impulse values by deltaTime.

I know it have to get around to doing it at some point, but I'm scared of the task.

GMS's animation_end event triggers after the animation loops for some inexplicably retarded reason. I had worked around it but I just changed the effect code and apparently broke it again

You can't overload by return type. Give the functions different names.

Rip that bandaid off son, the longer you leave it the harder it gets

I cannot WAIT to play this full release. Any idea as to when/what platform?

I'm convinced this could be huge user

>why can't you progress user?
That's funny because you just made me think hard about it for a moment.

Always happens when coding is almost done. The placeholder scene looks like meh and just doesn't give me any incentive to continue working on the game.
Maybe because it's a comfy game and thus relies a bit in the long run on visuals? I should probably just drop my idea and work on something else.

Though it's probably going to end the same once I reach the "make art and make content" part of the development again

just replace speed with (Time.deltaTime * speed)

then bump up speed by a couple order of magnitudes, since deltaTime is tiny

Summer of 2017 probably, with one more demo for DD12. There are almost 90 cards in-game now and I'm aiming for 180 at the very least

>just replace speed with (Time.deltaTime * speed)
You have to take all integration into account. That means acceleration and possibly more.

>then bump up speed by a couple order of magnitudes, since deltaTime is tiny
You know that you can do this conversion precisely?

Alright, how's this?

If I'm not wrong, GM:S treats "animation_end' as being at the last image of sprite. Maybe that will help you?

I hope you will succeed user. I'm amazed from the first time I saw your game.
Also, just recently I have found that you are from Poland too. Feels good to see someone from there doing such a good job

And why don't you just start doing art and other content? Personally, I can't wait till I will be after coding all those basics and creating needed sprites, so I will be able to focus on creating little parts of content, instead of big spaghetti.

Original speed / time.deltatime

and yes, its a bitch so its best to get it done as early as possible

Hey, I recognize that candle...

You could probably even add new card expansions/packs/series later on (either via update or DLC) since you already said you can tie packs with locations and shit. Sounds like it could be amazing. New decks+new areas/stories/mysteries/old gods to go with them. That would be DLC worth buying.

>why don't you just start doing art
I hate doing art. And when I say hate I really mean it.

Whats the diference between apply force and impulse?

If you're talking GM then the documentation will explain the difference. If you're talking something else, the documentation will probably explain the difference.

Applying force takes delta time into account, applying an impulse does not.

>summer

Aren't you missing out on a Halloween release then?

If I recall, didn't you start this as a way to learn mobile?

If so goddamn you've succeeded. I legitimately think this could have a thriving general for your game by next year, especially if you continue to update.

It's the tiniest bit vaginal, can I get a differnet angle?

Definitely get rid of the tiny free floating bit on top

What about finding someone to coop?

So if I apply force 5 it will end up adding to my velocity 5*delta
and impulse will end up adding 5

Im talking general to implement it on my shitty physics calculations

Wrote this raytraced shadow shader today to keep some processing load off the CPU and make the world look a little better.
It casts rays to the light from every cell of the heightmap and figures out if something's blocking it by checking every cell's height between them.
Bruteforce as hell, but who gives a fuck, it's on GPU.

It took me longer to figure out how make this thing blend correctly with Unity's surface shaders and lights than actually writing the shader code.
There are so many undocumented and plain broken changes even between minor Unity versions and it's becoming pretty damn annoying.
I think it was worth it though, shadows add quite a bit of definition and the game's actually starting to look pretty comfy.

thanks, I will try not to disappoint you
sure, that's a possibility. I don't know how steam or GM:S handle this stuff though and I've got more important things to work on. I've got a few features I'm not using (day/night and moon cycle among others) that could be used as a base for expansions.
well fuck, that's a good idea too and I will have time for extra polish. Still, at least 6 months for a release

Figured it out.
tons of the polygons were inverted, it seems some of the hair polys are still broken but ill fix that later.

5*delta/mass and 5/mass respectively, but yes.

The impulse is supposed be instantaneous while the force is continuous and acts like it's happening over the entire frame in which you call the apply function.

Look good dude

It turns my autismo needs on. I mean sandbox-play-need. It looks really nice.

Sure. Here's front on vs side