/msc/ My Summer Car General

>What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.

>In-depth Guide
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

>Skins and images
satsuma.booru.org

>Tunes
Vice City Vrock broken into chunks with clean cuts.
my.mixtape.moe/qhgwsl.7z

F-f-flash FM, music for the ME generation!
my.mixtape.moe/reptzo.7z

>Softwares
CheckMyBolts.exe
mega.nz/#!jRcHkD5b!Z7dzqdsKT4KM10PiypTC2vCJGauib_DDVu3Kzb9_7xA
MySummerCarSaveEditor.exe
mega.nz/#!mdVmmDpA!hqaof_wYbpRhuNy33X42zJdQiQIJn69PsML8l4AkaT0

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/KFkXp3Nd
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/159103741/#159109552
google.com/maps/place/Lamppineva/@64.2905554,24.4219602,15.79z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4680e1ebfddacbb5:0x34842d29b3bee462!8m2!3d64.2545029!4d24.5400727
p.fuwafuwa.moe/zxousc.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for anime.

>first time playing
>throw some sausage and beer in the back of van and drive to find civilization
>see another car driving by in the forest
>follow it and end up on a highway
>drive past it and slow down in front of it
>it tries to avoid me and ends up colliding with another car from the opposite direction, both spin around and stand still in the middle of the road
>get out of car and go over to them to see if i can enter their cars or something
>a truck carrying lumber shows up and crashes into both of them, three vehicles are blocking the way now
>i see a fourth car coming on the horizon
>turn around and try to open cardoor
>can't
>turn back around and the car was faster than i thought, speeding like crazy towards the mess, not trying to avoid it at all
>jump in a hopeless attempt to avoid it
>get launched sky high and land somewhere out in the woods as i scream in agony
>"Young man killed by hit and run driver" with photo of the massive collision on the highway

Good.

It's hard making money in Finland...

can i use the save editor to fix my bodywork?

Delete meshsave.txt file and reload game.

All you have to do is delete the meshsave file from C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Amistech\My Summer Car

link my dang save file backer upper script in these generals
pastebin.com/KFkXp3Nd

Had to rehost the bolts and save editor because the mediafire links were lost. If anyone has the pic comparing the actual lake in Finland to our in-game map, I'd appreciate it.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/159103741/#159109552

well that was pretty easy to find
google.com/maps/place/Lamppineva/@64.2905554,24.4219602,15.79z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4680e1ebfddacbb5:0x34842d29b3bee462!8m2!3d64.2545029!4d24.5400727

I figured it would be possible when I saw a piece of firewood get launched upward after splitting and, upon landing on my freshly-picked log on the block, split it for me: it seems logs get split based on an edge-on impact, not by axe-magic.

You can't pick a new log without wielding the axe though so you can't just chop all your logs with the hammer.

can you place the hammer on the chopping block then get the logs to auto split when you pick them?

Drinking beer and listening to testcard music from the TV in the middle of the night while it's pitch black out is pretty comfy but also eerie somehow

Is there an easy way to flip the shit truck?? help its getting dark

The tractor. Also pushing it up an incline. Focus on the wheels

Been pushing on the wheels up this hill here but it's not working think ill have to walk into town and use peer teleporter to get home and grab the tractor and bring it all the way down here

Is there a run function I'm somehow missing or are Finns really the slowest race?

>he hasn't opened the controls menu
How do you even drive?

You can't select a new log if there is something on the block.

>front end gets so beat up it starts to look like a an early era automobile
the metamorphosis is nearly complete!

did you try to put the engine in without the hoist or somting?

>drive pooptruck
>push in clutch pedal
>shift down at high speed
>hold the clutch pedal in
>tires skid as speed drops to match new gear ratio
Just like real life!

if its 100% full and you take turns flat out on the highway you can enter into a drift

If it's empty and you have the rear axle up you can drift the truck, that's basically its normal operating state and that's why it's so much fun.

I suspect the transmission problem exists for every vehicle though, I just haven't tested.

Game either needs a "NEET mode" where you just lay in bed passing time until the phone rings or you have to pee, or some more roads to drive on and things to see. Alt-tabbing to burn time (to Saturday or until you have a money-making opportunity) really kills the mood.

I really wish the map was bigger it's basically 2 circles to drive around i want some more complicated paths

>I suspect the transmission problem exists for every vehicle though, I just haven't tested.
It's because they are indestructible. You won't have the same effect with Satsuma, I assure you.

Try out the unused race course and the drag strip.

>unused race course
the what?

>You won't have the same effect with Satsuma, I assure you.
Uh...
p.fuwafuwa.moe/zxousc.webm

I accidentally tap the brake before I start downshifting but it doesn't change the outcome, downshifting causes the tires to immediately decelerate to the maximum possible speed in that gear regardless of the clutch position. There's no damage because the engine is at idle the whole time. Just like every other vehicle.

Your brakes are shit, mate, you should be able to stop way faster than that

I'm not braking, did you not look at the pedals?

>won the rally
>bought every part
>can't be bothered to grind more for a paintjob that wouldn't be much different from the one I have now
I wish there was a bit more to do

Belt broke and I ran the car till it overheated and broke. Can I fix it (or at least make it somewhat work) or is mechanic my only option?

I think pistons are the only thing that can break that you can't replace (fan belt) or just bolt back together.

I pulled out the dud piston and it still wont start. I've heard people mention in the thread running with a damaged piston removed. Any ideas?

Win rally without suspension.

You need all 4 pistons to start the engine, just tow your shit or use save editor.

I don't understand why it's so hard to tighten the belt properly. It's literally the easiest adjustment in the game: half the positions are immediately audibly wrong, and the first one that isn't is right. You only have to be able to count to one.

Getting second place is so much harder than first for third the times keep changing

yukkuri shite itte ne

I'm using a stopwatch so i can get the exact time that should land me second place but the times change every time i do the race

The small dirt road a few hundred meters past the rally start.

I did it!
Now i just have to wait for that one last achievement to not be impossible anymore

Won't adding aftermarket body parts add weight and decrease performance?

Just take out your seats that would make up for it

might as well remove all extraneous body panels then.

Well not if you want the car to look good

My best time was fully bodied with the stock muffler. I think the extra weight really comes into play on the back stretch of the rally with the huge downhills, I almost brapped rev limiter in 4th, and was about to shit bricks.

Are we really dead?

Perkele saatana

In older versions you could just slap logs against the floor to make them split. You weren't required to hold the axe to spawn new logs.

yep. need new update.

still taking the satsuma and poop truck for a spin once in a while, but after 100+ hours there really isn't much to do unless more content is added.

Same here. All I have left is bronze rally and stealing from Teimo. Dev said next update will be a big content one.

I want hunting go moose and butchering it for food in anatomically correctly order and using proper tools for each phase.

My Summer Moose

also fuck my englisch

fishing, hunting, bbq'ing, distilling moonshine etc would be nice features.

I still think drunken findev should pay someone $10k+ to add basic multiplayer, just small groups of 4-6 players, that would completely change the dynamics.

FUCKIN RICE BOIZ

RICE

>Dev said next update will be a big content one.
Sauce?

Steam forums. He posts as ToplessGun.
>However next update will have all the proper safety gear for the Satsuma which will increase your chance of survival. Rollcage, 4-point harness and bucket seat. Maybe helmet too but I haven't made that yet.
>Fix misnamed wheel flare
>Look at easy death in tractor hauling trailer hitting something and holes/terrain issues.
>Hitting jump while crouched or laying down makes you stand up
>Possibly more?

last update (27/11), dev hinted more features coming, but it's very vague

>// I made some small quickfixes that had to be addressed before rolling out bigger content update later.

Page 13 baka guys

So /v/ should i attempt to turn the muscle car into this junker and do it properly?

Yas. You should also turn the Gommer Gobras into Cooper Cobras.

I died just then from falling down a sewer. Fuck you My Summer Car.

I did try once but it came out looking like shit i'm not that great with making my own textures but for turning the muscle car into a fairlane i won't really need to make any new textures.

Also i'm not too sure what i'll do with the shifter probably just leave it in the column and edit the shifter out of the fairlane because i don't know any coding or anything

I just hope i haven't missed any models

I found this steering wheel called muscle_wheel_custom i wonder what it could be for

cant seem to watch the video or completely understand what youre saying, but when i play with a keyboard, if i touch the brakes for too long then the front wheels will lock and the engine will stall, i have to put the clutch in before braking

No ABS in the Satsuma. Get a wheel or play with a controller.

/egg/ is our future. Royal John Love needs to release an update to fuel my autism.

Get into modding i just started turning the ferndale into the junker fairlane

can you audio swap? I want to switch fern sounds with the satsuma.

Yes i know you definitely can but i haven't done it myself and personally don't know how and someone is working on a program to make swapping audio and textures 100x easier

what is the best way to start the satsuma?
every time i try the engine stops at some time

Rev the piss outta it

If i knew how to mod i would like to see the fairlane/firebird model and textures left as is, just wheels, seat, engine like a rat rod.
No need to model doors just climb in through the windshield.

You need to adjust valves on rocker shaft, otherwise engine going to stall if you not holding down gas pedal.

Well i have only just started but i plan to put on the same texture as the junker model with the rust and give it the proper opening doors and boot and replace the steering wheel too

cool. I'll read up on it.

You can set custom gears with a save editor. 3.8 is nice. You can still go retardedly fast but you wont stall out 5 times leaving your place.

>Rev engine
>shift to first
>shift to second because your spinning out
>drive
Real fins never wait for their engines to warm up

For the race I always start slow-ish (3500 rpm or so) on 4 and try not to spin tires. I'm usually shifting to second on the line.

If you put in the clutch and hold it in, shifting down will engine brake the vehicle even though the engine is at idle and is disconnected from the wheels (because the clutch is in).

>proper safety gear

satana. we getting crazy now.

still waiting to see a hosepipe from the exhaust to the window desu

Still waiting for a tarbo desu

"Young thread died in post absence"

Kakstoista vuotta täytin
Isä poltti puisen veturin
Se saunan pesään tuhkattiin
Ei ollut aikaa kyyneliin
Isä sanoi: "Kestä se kuin mies"

Anyone have a version of this with the right Satsuma font?

Pump the clutch, pump the gas, key on, run, close choke, temp moves: choke half, middle temp: open choke. If you're running a lean AFR you'll need to give it gas when you try to get it going in gear, best to slip the trans a little.

this is a good idea

What happened to Dude Where's My Summer Car? I could use some help tracking down one of my fenders.

All functionality is in the save editor afaik.

>no update in almost 2 weeks

You guys ready for a massive content update?

Hooray!

This. the save editor even has proper map scaling so you can make the window smaller.