Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huQJHDl1O94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Path of Exile more like
Pile of Excrement LMAO

I like anime but I don't like anime posters

>watching someone play hardcore
>they just DC when in trouble

Fuck off man, what's the point of playing hardcore if you're just going to cheat anyway?

I don't like anime or anime posters

what's the point of these big hidden clasped hands when they don't drop anything good

logging out manually is a valid strategy i think. there's no excuse for that logout macro bullshit though

I like PoE but the game design fucking godawful, they really just threw whatever they had for an ARPG - a Diablo 2 clone and whatever else and got what stuck

>gems are limited to class for NO GOOD REASON

>masters are another shitty grind in addition to daily quests - which spawned 820 and master rotations just to get by faster

>life, armour and evasion still weren't buffed/changed with the most recent patch, in fact they all got nerfed with map mods like less X and completely no regen, hope you like spamming flasks

>skills like Ancestral Warchief completely outclass any other attack skill
>they buffed golems but ignored a plethora of other abilities to make a memebuild possibly viable - and nerfed it before the patch even hit because they thought it was TOO strong

anyone just about had it with all the teasing and bullying from hardcucks?

next time someone calls me a ****bird i swear to god im damn quittin and reporting the thread

>post in thread
It immediately dies

I have to reroll since my raider cyclone makes my frames drop too much
Give me a build that is more on the left side of the tree.

Chris has a BA in Finance and Commerce, not game design or programming

>play flameblast totem
>open breach
>get killed before flameblast goes off
What would be a safer build? SRS?

Guys, I think I may have fucked up

>be me, PoE player with medium experience
>never attempted anything CI, energy shield, or hybrid related
>decide to try a CI build this league
>level as life until 70
>be pretty poor this league
>buy some cheap gear with decent amounts of ES
>respec to CI
>3700 ES with discipline up

I just counted up my tree stats again, and I currently only have 164% increased ES and the +15% more node behind CI. I'm guessing this isn't nearly enough? I'm getting killed in dried lake. What the fuck do I do now? Is this even salvageable?

How are your maps, exile?

how many respec points
post your tree, what build? you should be aiming for at least 180% on tree and 250% in total because INT gives ES % as well

post your gear

164% es should be ok at level 70, the 3700 ES can't be because of the tree

>Gems are limited to class
Omg why can i not buy ice spear on my duelist, he has so many cold and spell damage nodes!

>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free

duelist has an entire proj cluster, shitbird

>My joke pic I made on a whim became OP a few threads later
I love you, whoever made this thread.

you have 3 seconds to explain why witch and shadow can't buy decoy totem

samefag

What's a "normal" amount to have died by Cruel? Obviously the ideal amount is zero but I don't really know wtf I'm doing since I haven't played since nemesis and never went past act 2 cruel. Just hit act 3 cruel and apparently I've died 15 times, kinda discouraged with my build over it.

Because GGG are hacks and it fuels Day 1 Trading.
>An Alch for a fucking Support Gem you can't get
>Slower Projectiles ran for a fucking Chaos Orb

haven't made it to them yet.

>doesn't just have clanmates buy it

>plays with people

reddit pls go

I have some bad news for you, user.
I'm not a conceited bastard who would showcase their own mediocre edits. :^)

0, it's you not the build.

doesn't seem like the grind will be that bad

Yeah nah you fucked up

200% increased ES is the absolute minimum 'glass cannon crow' level for CI, but that's not even particularly difficult to obtain. 250% is recommended, the tankier builds get 300%+, and anything Occultist is gonna have 350% without even trying.

Goof'd son. Rework your tree to the above specifications, or start a new character if you can't afford to do that. That said, even with 3.7k ES you really shouldn't be getting killed in Dried Lake, even if you have no other mitigation. What the fuck are you even playing?

>clanmates
school let our early today?

Well, it is just a thousand T10 maps.
It's far from absurd if you play a decent amount.

I have a higher ES % than that at level 45

Post build so I can laugh

I have 4000 energy shield and I'm still life based

What the fuck are u doing senpai, you need to get energy gear (not percent just add es) and then craft ES mods and shit too.

nobody says clan or clanmates anymore. the fact that he said that indicates that he's probably older than your average poe player

Are you dying to trash mobs, bosses, or breaches

Breaches are actually pretty tough if you're a new or returning player so a couple of deaths can be forgiven to them. 15 is too many though, you probably fucked up your build.

With sub-4k es the fault's on your gear. I specced into shit gear at 70 with 6.5k es. Downgrade to a four link for a while and pick yourself up an es chest that isn't vendor trash. Mediocre rolls on gloves, shield, chest, and helm pretty much guarantee 6k.

>decent amounts of ES
I can't honestly believe that.
>3500 ES
>Remove 15% More and you get 3217 or so
>Take out the 164% and you get 1 thousand, 2 hundred and nineteen rounded up
>1219
Your fucking BODY ARMOR should be minimum HALF that amount.

Please, don't throw around terms like "game design" when you just want the game to be more convenient for you, regardless of any logic behind game design, this kind of retarded slippery slope has no ending, first you want all gems to be available to all classes because there's "no good reason" to ever limit their availability, then you'll want free passive tree respecs, free currency pick-ups, free 5Ls, free this, free that.

There's generally a good reason to restrict what players are capable of, convenience should never be a reason to remove restrictions that have a reason to exist, otherwise you end up with Diablo 3.

P.S. if you honestly can't find a single reason game design wise that GGG would want to restrict gem rewards to different classes, it's pointless to even try to convince you you're in the wrong

people still say it

on games where clans or guilds are a thing. poe isnt one of those

samefag (again)

Chris doesn't actually make the game senpai

Like there's plenty to be mad at him about, like him being a lying PR douche, but blaming him for poor game design is like blaming Hitler for global warming

it's pointless to even have skill gem restrictions in the first place you fucking RETARD

there's a point in not giving people free respecs or currency pick up five links, there is a fucking distinction between ALL of those, fuck off you generalizing faggot

Yes he does, he was able to fund GGG off his previous shit programming

Maybe when you're done frothing at your mouth like some autistic faggot, you could advance maybe one reason why you believe so? You know, so you don't appear like a complete retard who just wants the game dumbed down for him but can't justify why?

Skill gem restrictions exist to stop new players trying to do something unfeasible or 'advanced', like a crit ball lightning marauder or some shit.

Which is fine in normal. You should get access to all of the gems by cruel/merc on every character though, because that justification no longer holds by that point.

Getting a currency or 5L to drop is as fair a chance and POSSIBLE for anyone - every gets the same amount of FREE respect points. Skill gems are completely gated for a character. It's not even hard, it's tedious and yes it would be convenient. Does it break the game? Fuck no, does free currency break the game if it's 'convenient'? Obviously.

But he doesn't do any codework these days. If you actually think he's still taking an active hand in design beyond being an 'idea guy' (Which is code for 'Pretending to take an active hand in design'), you're deluded and have no idea how the development process works.

He's literally a PR goon. That's his job description now. Hate him for being a PR goon, find somebody else to hate for design fuckups.

>You should get access to all of the gems by cruel/merc on every character though, because that justification no longer holds by that point.
Except that would change very little for faggots like him, because he just wants the game to be more convenient, what's with buying IC on a witch in normal and so on. "I want everything handed to me because it's more convenient that way!" is his prime argument

what melee skill is good right now?

I want to make a tanky 1h and shield templar in HC but I haven't played for like a couple years

i never even tried a lot of these newer skills

as oppose to having someone else handing it to me for the same cost instead of an NPC? what's your fucking argument that limiting skill gems to classes should exist besides "MUH INCONVENIENCE"

Fucking end yourself.

How much survival passives should I be investing for later difficulties. I'm making something minion/aura centric

You know Bill Gates still worked on Microshaft Wangblows with the normal programmers after making it big

earthquake

Depends on your build and defensive measures.

Minimum for life based is 150% increased life.
Minimum for ES based is 250% increased ES - accounting for INT as well.

Ultimately gear will matter more as better gear costs more of course.

>Getting a currency or 5L to drop is as fair a chance and POSSIBLE for anyone.
Same goes with skill gems, there's nothing that prevents a marauder from ever dropping spell or ranged gems.
>every gets the same amount of FREE respect points.
And those are limited for a reason - why do you think?
>Skill gems are completely gated for a character.
Every class gets plenty of choices to accomplish whatever they want given their archetype. If you want to create something off-the-box, it should be logical that things start to become.
>It's not even hard
This has absolutely nothing to do difficulty you nimrod.
>Does it break the game?
Does it break the game currently that classes have gem rewards restrictions? No you fucking retard.

fascinating.

The restriction exists for several reasons, you're too retarded to see them.
>besides "MUH INCONVENIENCE"
Nope, your argument is "MUH CONVENIENCE", but disagreeing with you doesn't mean going the direct opposite way, restrictions can be smart and good game design as long as they're not arbitrary barriers, you're just a fucking casualshit who wants everything to be convenient which is NOT how you design a game.

>guilds aren't a thing in poe

right

>people seriously think skill gem restrictions are good

what do they even contribute again

Stop talking to me you creep

These are the same people that complained about the skill gem shop being added in the first place just ignore them mate

>I want things to change the way I want them because I dislike how they are currently
great argument, you should make your case to GGG

is this even a real post

>*fart noises*
That's u right now

found a regalia on the ground, 1 alch later

great arguments all around
game design experts here
so good to have geniuses like you contributing ITT

>I game game restrictions!!!
so fuck off back to D3

You're still wrong. It's not samefagging unless I'm pretending to be someone else. :^)

Sounds really steep. I was thinking hybrid cause I hit all over the place for more minion and aura nodes.

still samefagging (getting kinda pathetic)

Fuck off from my general and never reply to me again, punk

Whatever you say friend. All I know is I'm not Op, but I am the other 3 posts you've quoted.

vendor trash

>PoE has bad game design because it doesn't fit my perfect vision of a casual game where everything is convenient and I never have to think

>609 Tri-res
Not bad.

Strawman, not an argument

>Convenience should really be the primary reason to dumb down the game, for this reason I suggest every character gets a free passive tree respec in every difficulty because there's no good reason to still be restricted in terms of character customization

fuck you

Not
An
Argument

>Trust me, I'm a game design expert, I played a lot of intelligently designed games like Diablo 3 that don't restrict your character in any way

>Diablo 3 that don't restrict your character in any way
lol

buttbirds have been complaining that poe is too hard for five years, and now 30% of the playerbase is playing HC, and veteran HC players are doing SSF

ez game

>In Diablo 3 you can customize your build on the fly by changing runes, I think PoE would benefit from a similar system where every socket is white and linked to others

>I'm a shitposter on an anonymous imageboard and I gargle cocks while spewing logical fallacies

n o t a n a r g u m e n t

>I've yet to advance a single argument why all gems should be available to all classes but I'll be sure to make sure everyone know I'm an expert in game design and you should just believe me

Daily reminder to forget fast clearing and port back to town to put on your culling gear.
Kill the boss. Profit!

youtube.com/watch?v=huQJHDl1O94

>I lack reading comprehension and the idea doesn't fit MY vision of the game so I'm going to repeatedly strawman their argument

>I presented no argument to begin with, but when called out on what appeared to be a stupid stance to adopt, I'll just hide behind the strawman card, as it exempts me from having to actually use logic and arguments to defend my case

That guy is annoying

Glad you agreed I presented my point while you haven't done anything aside from typing logical fallacies and trying to pass them on as arguments

>I presented no argument to begin with
>This is bad game design because I dislike it
>Why? well just stop strawmanning me!!

every argument about """design""" or preventing newbs from making mistakes doesnt make up for the fact that there are BOTW features on the actual poe website that a ssf newb CANT even begin to try and copy because he doesnt even have access to those gems, even if he started on the same class the BOTW did

How long are you going to go before you present a counter argument? I'll just take it I've bested you.