/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

EXECUTIONERS ARE DISABLED EDITION

STILLBIRTHED BRAINS: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

GIVE
ME
EBRIETAS

BEAST
POSSESSED
DEGENERATE

Says the DISGUSTING VILEBLOOD. Go get purged.

>captcha: WHEELS

I just requested help in bloodbell for watchdog boss. Defiled chalice. My glyph is wma2. Please help.

Omg liv

Omg liv? I luv you. No don't die.

Hi guys, I bought my ps4 some days ago and started on this game.
I read the pastebin and some builds on bloodborne-wiki but some things aren't still clear to me.

What's the best build to use that badass scythe weapon from the gherman?
I like that scythe, the blades or mercy and the dual swords that Maria uses.
What type of build Im looking for?

Skill Quality?
Pure Skill?
Skill / Bloodtinge Hybrid?
Skill - Arcane?

Sorry if this post anyones someone.

Pure skill, you cancerous faggot.
You're looking at going 50/15/25/50, most likely. Military Veteran will leave you at 103. Either drop VIT by 5 if you care about the 98 meta, or add points in other stats until you're happy if you don't.

The good news is that Skill is one of the better builds in the game, only really being outclassed by pure quality 50/50 builds. You have the easiest endgame gem farm, the most damaging viscerals, and some of the better PvP weapons in the game. Skill is pretty easymode.

omw

Omfg. Thanks. Hopefully amygdala isn't hard now lol

I need a password to SRRC, not your glyph

Thanks user.
Im just going by the style factor since I like how these weapons look and how the attack animations.
I don't know much about/care meta, super specific gems or things like that because I don't play pvp, but I wanted my build to be functional since I remember on Demon Souls how I went to some bizarro 10 on EVERYTHING then 20 on everything and so on build and it sucked ass because I didn't knew better.

damn that girl is cute

>girl

Alright, man, have fun then.

It's worth noting that those weapons can be pretty late game. The Scythe is literally only able to be bought after killing the final boss. BoM, oyu either need to finish an NPCs questline, or murderer her early. Rakuyo is after the second to last DLC boss.

Don't go into this thinking you're going to play through the game with these weapons. You're going to either use the cane or the saw spear for a large bulk of the early game at the very least.

My PvP build. Works fine in PvE too. Saif is a lot of fun in PvE.

>murderer her early

And even then, I think you still need like 40k blood echoes to buy the weapon which can be hard to get early game.

The true Bloodborne playthrough begins at NG+
The first playthrough is just an extended tutorial ;)

>which can be hard to get early game.
Just clear out the brich guys, giants, and executioners near the catherdral, then pop a bold hunter mark. It takes like 4 runs to have enough.

Selling the Doll's set gets you exactly that.

Can I get help with amygdala now before I go to bed? Wma2 for glyph. Defiled chalice

What exactly is the Cap on the cover of Bloodborne?
It looks like the Yharnam Hunter Cap but the back doesnt quite look the same. It almost looks like the Grey WOlf Cap but that doesnt have the face cover

I'm in the 90s for level

I see.
So I guess I will chill with the saw spear for most of my game.
I just wanted to enjoy this game with some meme good looking weapons and shit.
I guess I will try the moonlight and some arcane builds later.

Thanks a lot guys.

Why do you fags get so boodblasted when someone doesn't follow your 98-117 meta? I have 3 characters at Level 150, not because of reddit, but because that's where I feel I'm sufficiently powerful enough to take on Depth 5 FRCs and NG+ with an enormous summon level range to coop and pvp with. Why is this so bad.

It's the Hunter Hat. He's wearing the entire Hunter set, specifically the capeless version.

You're welcome.

If you are on your first play through, go Str or Jack instead. If you aren't just rush the Saif, you can get it relatively early if you know where to go.

Level to whatever you want, but everyone PVP's at 98-117 so don't expect a lot of fights.

>because that's where I feel I'm sufficiently powerful enough to take on Depth 5 FRCs

lol

Just a friendly REMINDER to the lovely folks here at /bbg/.

NG+ here

it's honestly much easier than NG because I already have a +10 FRC gemmed weapon and loadsa consumables

Anyone need help? SRRC is ded apart from one person farming a depth 3 bloodletting beast and some assholes summoning Queen Killer for Defiled Amygdala

Oh, I thought the jump in NG+ would be as significant as DS1

Gems totally unbalance it. Gems are OP as hell.

>tfw no pure arc waifu

how much do you miss out on if you're not paying for online?

You miss out on the ability to easily farm for top-tier Blood Gems via Glyphs, but that matters more for PvP than PvE, which you also miss out on due to no online.
Fortunately, you can buy all Chalice ritual ingredients from the Bath Messenger/Insight Messengers in NG+, meaning you can still create your own Chalices as much as you want.

Ugh.
The Research Hall fucking sucks.
It looks cool but it's filled with the lamest enemies.It's a shame since the area before was pretty good. At least it wasnt filled with Bloat-Heads constantly shouting and sperging out like autists.

They're insane, what do you expect them to do

Honestly, that is my absolute favorite area of the game. Super fucking dark.

It's fine, it makes sense and the atmosphere is still good. i'd be less annoyed if there weren't clustered together so i would havve to listen to them.

There is, however, this one specific Bloat-Head that is just stupid. Past the dark room where a Bload-Head on a bed begs you to kill him, there is a taller one upstairs that has some kind of stand as a weapon and he moves so weirdly fast that it just looks really bizarre and stupid. He's not the enemy that moves like that in the game but for some reason, this one annoyed me more than any other. i think its because he looked so goofy swinging that weapon around unnaturally fast while going 'AAUUGH" was ruining the mood for me.

>some kind of stand as a weapon

Is this a jojo reference?

lol no
like a lab post

Best implementation of this meme yet

Is the stamina curse the rarest curse on heavy abyssals or am I just unlucky? I've gotten at least 20-30 HAs, nearly half of them had the HP depleting curse, and the other half was evenly split between the rest except for stamina, which only appeared once (and of course it had a shitty secondary effect)

looking for logarius helpsummon
i'm so underleveled for him, trying to get chikage as soon as possible

>Logarius
>hard

Harass him in melee ranhe on his first phase, parry him on his second phase

Also you can visc attack behind him when he does his power-up animation

I think they are meant to be evenly distributed, but the RNG is streaky and weird. I once got 9 health downs in a row, but the next day farming the same guy I didn't get a single health down in 30 gems.

For a heavy abyssal Kin Down is good, as long as you have one weapon gemmed to work against kin, Kin down is the best curse for everything else. It's only 4 bosses and a few mobs (who all have low health anyway).

Shoot sword

I didnt shoot sword but ended up getting stuck in a corner with him safe from the swords and went all out suicide style.

>The Scythe is literally only able to be bought after killing the final boss.
>He doesn't know

Everything you described is hard.

PS4PRO PATCH NEVER EVER

Looking for some real ass hoonters to join me in ayylmaoing some living failures and bullying Maria pass is bbg

>enormous summon level range

How does that shit work? My first character ended up at level 146 and I barely get any co-op action. All my other characters are max 105 and get action all day.

I wish the bloat head straight jacket was something you could find and wear

No one is going to get upset about you playing outside of their range
They will never interact with you at all, why would they be upset?

Underrated post

>living failures on high NG+ cycles

fuck off fuck off fuck off FUCK OFF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

good

fuck you for wanting people to buy another fucking console

Maybe we could help each other out?

Sounds lewd

I already beat them, I just wanted to vent. Maybe we can fool around (no homo) some other time.

>not wanting the game to reach it's full potential and rid itself of it's only downfall

So I just killed the witch; got amyg's arm from dlc. What area is next? Forbidden woods?

I've killed;
gasc, bsb, cleric beast, witch, amelia

Also is amyg's arm best weapon for strength builds or should I go back to dlc and try to find whirligig saw.

Don't

Main the weapon you love

Yeah forbidden woods. Dont know much about strength but I remember it being near the snail that falls from the sky.

Woods are next. Use the weapon you like. Anything is viable.

Anyone free to give me a hand with these living failures? been at it awhile and could use a hand.

Go to the hypogean gaol!

>+5 Pulsing Gem on my shotgun
>+4 Pulsing Triangle and +5 Waning on some random shit weapon

this is nice

Too bad I have to switch to a weapon with 'real' gems every time I want to kill something

And too bad there's no need for slow comfy HP regain when I have 600 bloodvials

What gems should I put into a chikage/evelyn?

31.5% Blt gems, getting them for Chikage will take much more time since they only come in Offshapes for it besides the Lost Chikage Circle slot. Or 27.2% Phys gems for an easier time.

Bloodtinge GEMS

MORE BLOOD
FOR
THE
BLOOD
QUEEN

If the pvp meta is 98-117 why do most people stay at 98 instead of going up to 117?

To avoid fighting 150s. 117 is just so they could invade 98s.

Logarius anyone? pass bbg at fog

"LAURENCE, YOU FUCKING IDIOT" - Master Willem

What did he mean by this?

Laurence is not smart

Micolash knew that Kosm was long dead, so what exactly did he mean by referencing her?

>Kosm
Kos!

Death doesn't mean much when there are parallel nightmare dimensions

She is nowhere to be seen in the nightmare of Mensis, at any rate.

There are other nightmares.
Rom exists in three places at the same time.

>There are other nightmares.
Sure, but I'm just saying Micolash looked in the wrong place if his intent was to somehow find her in this specific nightmare. I doubt a genius like him would make such a big mistake

I need help with Rom in the lower pthunerian labyrinth, layer three, the non-root one.
How the fuck does co-op work with dungeons, and can anyone help me right now?

Put a password and ring near the lamp. I'll help in a bit.

You buy a ssrc from the insight shop and use the grave on the left. You can search by password and it'll make a dungeon for you to join them.

Oh shit famalam, ok I got it. Password is "BANANA" w/o quotation marks, full caps lock.

Ringering.

Oh man, I suck massive cock, my bad.
Ringing the glen beck bell again, same password.

how does durability work when you have cursed gems that reduce it? does a -63 gem reduce it by 63 points or 63% or just how fast it drops? i have one cursed gem and this fucking thing won't last though an entire area, gotta stop partway through.

although i was thinking lower durability and the penalties vs kin/beast were best for PvP

How do I get good with chikage???

Dura down doesn't stack. No one's sure how Dura down works, it's okay for PvP on weapons with 250+ Durability. Kin/Beast Down is best for PvP, Stam Curse for all around use.

goddamnit, no ones figured it out? and my weapon has 200. wears down after a while in PvE but i figure it will last a long time during PvP before getting the warning

dump all of your rest points in VIt
have 50 blt

nuke the shit out of everything

200 should be fine for PvP. It's horrid for stuff like Chikage, Toni and Boomhammer.

Got my platinum trophy last night. Normally I'm not arsed, but this one feels nice.

I almost got it accidentally because all the requirements for the plat are things that you would normally do anyway if you like to explore.