What would you do with a small loan of a million dollar Veeky Forums? Asking for a friend

What would you do with a small loan of a million dollar Veeky Forums? Asking for a friend

Is it enough to achieve a passive income?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanguardfrance.fr/portal/site/institutional/fr/fr/home
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy two houses. Rent out one

buy 6 lambo's rent out 4

can a single rent make up for the taxes of the 2 houses? Having a hard time believing that

buy 1000 e-bikes. rent out 999

Buy 100000 kneepads. Rent out 99998.

>paying tax on a house you own

WEW, must suck being 3rd world

loan 1m shekels, get back 2m

When you live in Toronto like me, a million dollars gets you one house.

1mil is more than enough even if you only buy bonds with it and never touch the million you will live comfortably to the rest of your life.

that's actually murrican thing

>Is it enough to achieve a passive income?

I have some actual data for you guys because I did exactly that 5 years ago. Took out a roughly 1m dollar loan for a rooftop solar installation.

Here are some numbers for last year:

>about 10k sqm rooftop solar panel installation
>Installation Cost: $920k
>Revenue: $155k
>Loan repayments towards principle: $98k
>Remaining Balance: $402k
>Interest: $12k
>Rent (rooftop): $11k
>Insurance and Maintenance: $3k

So right now my take-home income is roughly $30k before taxes. The loan is on schedule to be paid off by 2020 which will increase the take home considerably to about $140k per year, with an expected effective lifespan of about 15 years remaining.

you are indeed an entrepreneur user, but how in the fuck did you get 1mil loan? and who maintains the panels for you for a mere 3k / year?

Gee i don't know man, ask Trump if he got passive income from it.
What a dumb question.

At that time there were some green energy initiatives that basically provided cheap subsidised loans for things like solar energy. I am a business owner as well (that's the rooftop of my own production plant) so If you have a good track record, getting loans for specific projects is rather easy.

>and who maintains the panels for you for a mere 3k / year?

Last year was pretty inexpensive in terms of maintenance (5 year average is about $6k) but overall solar panels are pretty cheap to maintain. I have an electrician do a checkup every quarter and warranty/insurance covered the rare instances when a panel stopped working.

It all depends on the terms of the loan, dummy. Debt is only considered leverage if you're making more off the investment than you're paying in interest.

BTC and stock market

you're a mouth-breather if you do anything else with it

Yes. Third world.

1 millions € is big deal here, still France is not third world

Well, if the loan was from my rich father (and therefore, is likely interest-free or has a very low interest rate) then I'd buy a few rental condos and put the rest in the market.

do you guys really pay no taxes over your properties in the usa? I mean I can consider renting apartments but if it turns out taxes eat up most of the income why should I even bother and not do as says?

Actual business on Veeky Forums? Get out!

Yes, if you're american it should be easy for you to invest it into a Vanguard ETF or Mutual Fund such as VTSAX and just take out 3-4% of it every year (30-40k$) and let it grow through the magic of compound interest.
In 30 years you may have five to ten times what you put in and you managed to live off of a yearly 4% too.
It's a safe long term investment unless the world is destroyed or something.
It may go down temporarily if there is a crisis, just don't panic and wait it out.

>why should I even bother and not do as says?
Because while bonds are less volatile (less fluctuations), they give you less long term gains compared to stock and you're missing out that way.
Do as I said here

Small reminder that compound interest only works if you reinvest. I OP's intention was "Can I stop working on a million dollar loan?" Your theory doesn't work. Also, are we assuming this is a standing loan?

>Can I stop working on a million dollar loan?
I'm assuming if he got it from his parents like Trump the interest is quite low.

Isn't it obvious?

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Move to Poland and start betting on games while living in an apartment for 170$ USD a month

is there a counterpart to Vanguard in Europe? Specifically in France? I often see americans recommend Vanguard but is there such an obvious choice for europoors?

Do you just sell it on the grid, or is it hooked up to the plant directly?

That is actually really interesting. I've thought some about it, but I think the power is too cheap here because of hydro, and there isn't a lot of sun.

vanguardfrance.fr/portal/site/institutional/fr/fr/home

Fuck yes it is. Assuming you know wtf you are doing that is the 20% required down payment for a 5 million dollar apartment complex. Minus 1 room and pay for a manager and maybe a maintenance guy and security. Hire a competent attorney and cpa. Turn 360 degrees and walk away. Short of a monthly or bibmonthly phone call you are now a nonworking neet shitting in tall cotton.

Lol. Probably has all his money in a stock market too...

This this this. 1 million times this.

All these stockfags and shillcoiners.

They just dont get it.

Grats on renting your own rooftop user.

I see u.

KEK.

no shit right?

Thanks solar user. What business u run

Go to la and invest in a business and apartments. If you invest in the right businesses, and you hire someone to manage properly, you will make shit tons

Vanguard Europe requires a 500k starting deposit
100k in the UK
You will have to settle for finding a european broker who sells Vanguard ETFs in your country.
Also since you're in europe you should invest in VWRL instead of VTSAX

Just find out which brokers sell it in your country and make sure you know what their fees are (finding the one with the lowest fees is extremely important) though they will be much higher than those for an american.

www.justetf.com/de-en/
this should help you

will look it up thank you for the tips

TWO HOUSES

AT THE SAME TIME

All in $MGTI,

You do but there are loopholes.

Its a long drawn out explination but in short. If u follow a very strict set of rukes u can postpone taxes until u die.

For the average guy it just aint worth it. Half my fucking rent goes to taxes

Lol. Trying for numbers 3 and 4 in spring. Owe on all 4.

If i have it my way i will die in millions of debt with a thousand fucking houses.

You have to live somewhere

>What would you do with a small loan of a million dollar Veeky Forums? Asking for a friend

Start a company, likely fail, then drink myself to death while telling everyone in the bar it's the jews fault.

Sold to the Grid, as you might suspect, peak consumption and production hours rarely match with solar. There are hybrid solutions that try to do both but those are expensive and generally a big hassle.

Construction business, mainly facades and metal structures.

You already got a big ass rooftop and well established credit, that's not really representative of what an average joe could do with such a loan.

Well, I do pay myself rent for that rooftop for legal reasons and that's the actual market rate. Rooftops are pretty cheap. I intentionally included that expense in my calculation to show the actual cost.

As I explained earlier, the loans I got for the solar project were basically subsidised government grants and I think anyone can apply for them. Of course it's much easier to get accepted with a good business record but that's just how it works and I thought in this thread we assume that you will get that loan.

Three years ago I installed 3.5kw system on my roof.
1kw of panels puts 4kw per day into the grid. Averaged out over the whole year.
I get 12c per kw.

Two questions.

How much do you get per KW?
What country?

I'm not the rooftop guy, just a regular real estate investor that is in the know.

:)

Bump

>How much do you get per KW?
Right now about 28c per Kwh, again taking advantage of a Government subsidised programme which promotes the use of solar energy.

>What country?
Germany.

>28c per Kwh
That is actually much better than I expected.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Did you just google to find the green initiatives subsidy stuff?
And for the price per KW in your country?

If not, where did you find this info out?

Well when you have multiple investments, these are some of the topics you generally talk about in certain circles and my main businesses is closely related to the solar industry so I'm always informed about these things.

>What would you do with a small loan of a million dollar Veeky Forums?

Buy a nice flat in london and start a graphic design business. The buisness might not work well but if my flat is already paid for I don't need to earn much.

I dont care for money too much, I just need enough to travel frequently and buy the latest consumer gadgets.