Why was ancestor worship more prevalent in the East than the West ?

Why was ancestor worship more prevalent in the East than the West ?

Roll a dice. It's culture.

Christianity

The Christians crusaded/converted all the ancestor worshippers in the West.

>imblying

Ancestor worship doesn't seem particularly prevalent in European paganism. Dunno about Africa.

is that so?

You couldn't make this shit is even if you tried
>Calls it a "Koran" even though he's Somali

LARPing is out of control these days

>SHUD UB GRISTGUCK :-DDDD VARG ALREADY DEBUNGED GIGESTIANITY :-DD

The Norse gods were a bunch of tranny tricksters desu

Ancestor worship was a huge thing for ancient etruscans and romans, its just that Christianity happened.

Christianity replaced worshipping your fathers with worshipping one, magic father.

*Miraculous Father

Holy shit. Someone post that happy merchant image with Islam, Christianity and Neo-paganism all being controlled by Jews.

Its non-existent in The West.
Define worship

Romans had ancestor worship

Europeans generally have no sense of filial piety and resent tradition

Yiiii Boyyyy

>Somali living in Sweden probably banging a holy Asatru blond Geatish QT
fuck

Why the Hell would a religion that was developed with the sole purpose of being exclusive to outsiders or those not-of-the-tribe be the exact opposite?
The guy is literally the exact opposite of what an Asatru would call an "insider" or a "kinsman".

I'm not even trying to be /pol/, I'm just wondering why a tribal mentality is somehow not tribal at all....

To be completely honest Pagans didn't "believe" in Paganism, they just accepted it as truth, their idea of knowledge is different than us.
To deny Odinn was like denying water is wet or that the ocean exists.

The most "pagan" thing to do would be to adhere to whatever religion you do and believe it wholeheartedly.

A lecturer once told me "user, the important thing to remember is the Norse didn't have Norse myths, we invented them." (the 'myth' part)

reverence or worship?

Fpbp

The Manes are gods, pic related.

pre-Christianity, it was actually so prevalent that most major royal houses claimed descent from gods who were likely all deified ancestors

>he was in danger of depleting his semen
>he had to replenish his supply from time to time

Did the norse worship high functioning autists?

>doesn't seem particularly prevalent in European paganism

There's another thread on Veeky Forums right now explaining how we don't really know shit about pagans because they didn't write.

Only the Romans had Ancestor-Worship among the Europeans.

Roman paganism has the Lares and the genus locii, spirits of the ancestors and gods protector of the House-Family-Tribe-Clan.

Roman paganism has the Lares and the genii loci, spirits of the ancestors and gods protector of the House-Family-Tribe-Clan.

No wonder, the Han Chinese consider the Rome to be an Alternate version of China and vice versa.

I set up a makeshift altar with photos of my deceased relatives at Halloween for much the same reason I hang Saint Brigid's cross above the entrance to my home.

Traditions like this didn't survive in other parts of the West because they didn't think of claiming to be good Milesians who didn't sublimate nuffin.

“Until the Battle of the Boyne, Ireland belonged to Asia.”
- W.B. Yeats

>Why was ancestor worship more prevalent in the East than the West ?

Have you read about Romans and Greeks?

Greek civilization was born around the same same as the Han Chinese one too.

They were developing in parallel manners up until the Abrahamics broke loose and set their Christian bastard sons up on the west.