Anyone have any experience with modern Mercedes cars?

Anyone have any experience with modern Mercedes cars?

Thinkin bout buyin a C300 sport

Solid car. I've put 20k on mine with no issues. I realize that's peanuts and doesn't say much. My friend is a mechanic and works on these all the time; says it's one of the few cars he won't hesitate to buy.

A bit softer than the comparable 3 series but at least it has a dipstick and you can get a manuel in an 09 or earlier. NA so you don't have the turbo complexity. Not the best interior materials but it is a c-class.

Found a 2014 at carmax for $23,000 with ~35k

Plus it still has the factory warranty until 2018 and or 15k

Why go so new? if you're spending that much get an older e550 for the same price.

I want to finally buy a new-ish "responsible" car

And the c300 seems to fit my criteria well

we're talking 3 years difference. they have plenty of e350s and 550s for the same price or slightly more. E class has much more interior space. The C only has the interior space of a civic.

not everyone is fat

I just feel like the c class is a good size for me

>not being fat

Take the automatic and you are good to go. Last gen C is your safest bet when it comes to buying Benz from those years, closely followed by E and GLK. E is noticebly bigger car and if you don't need space go with C.

currently have a 2014 c 350 that I took over from my brother since he couldn't afford the lease payments

Solid car. It's fast, has a great engine, good interior, and is comfy. Transmission is a little wonky at times and doesn't really let you shift yourself. It's got an open diff so spinning the tires is always interesting. At high speeds steering goes from heavy to non existent.

I think the c300 is literally the same car except for having a defined version of the 3.5 V6

Detuned* not

Think the c300 makes 268 HP while the c350 makes 302 HP

>even the lugnuts are designed retarded

Op here.

I'm also looking at a used Jaguar XF

decisions decisions

Supercharged with a warranty. But if you're looking at xfs they're the size of an e class.

>and doesn't really let you shift yourself.
Probably because it's an automatic

The supercharged is out of my price range

And I'm looking at one with the na 5.0 at carmax

Dat warranty tho

>buying any mercedes that's not an AMG

wanna know i know you have at least 1 (one) mental disability?

at least in bmw's lineup there are fun options that can be had with a manual that don't involve buying an M car, everything mercedes makes that doesn't have AMG stamped on it gives you the same driving experience of a beige corolla

I meant like moving the shifter over to the right into manual mode. Some autos give you more control over down shifting and up shifting, letting you run the rpms out without the computer intervening

I got a c350 with 58k at 70k now with no problems.

They're pretty awesome little cars. I daily drive a 99 C280 and will be replacing it with a 2012 C250 when i get my tax return. The C-class is pretty much the most reliable and cost effective car you can find in the luxury segment outside of Lexus. They're comfy, reliable, solidly built and actually handle very well. They're pretty simple for Euro luxury, especially the naturally aspirated 6 cylinders. I have 173,000 miles on mine and have yet to have a mechanical problem. I'd say pull the trigger OP

Op here

Adding the E350 to my list of candidates.

ugly interior
And stop calling Mercedes cars by their engine displacement. It's like to say "I like BMW 320".
Car you just mentioned is probably MB C207. Car on your op-pic is MB W204

You're fucking autistic.

i'd tell you to kill yourself but you probably couldn't even do that properly

do they make any C-class with a manual? how much do C-class usually go for? I have like 27k budget for a car

1/10

They made the c250 and c300 in manual but that's it

don't bother buying a mercedes if it's not an amg

>NA so you don't have the turbo complexity.

Almost all Benz models will have a turbo engine now.

Op again

It's down to:
C class
Jaguar XF
E class

Decisions decisions.