Cross-shopping between a Tacoma and Colorado. Gonna test drive both this weekend...

Cross-shopping between a Tacoma and Colorado. Gonna test drive both this weekend. Which one would Veeky Forums recommend? The Tacoma is looking like it will be about $3,000 more for the comparable trim to Colorado.

Sorry about your dick.

Buying or leasing? What trim level? Will you go off-road or haul shit?

wtf? That's not helpful at all.

Buying. Looking at a 4X4, V6, Crew cab. Basically 2nd trim from the top for both. Not hauling or going off-road. Just like the look.

>buying a truck for the look
kill yourself.

Jesus Christ. Wtf is with Veeky Forums tonight? Why so salty?

you have no need for a truck. buy a car instead.

Ever heard of America bitch? In America we do WHAT WE WANT because WE WANT TO. Fuck off back to whatever Commie Soviet Gloomfuck country you came from.

03 Tacoma owner here.
Always expect the Tacoma to cost more.
My buddy bought a 2016 Tacoma 4x4 DB for 43k.
Demand is pretty high for them so expect great resale value if you ever need to sell.
Its got good power and i liked driving it overall.

No idea on the Colorado

ridgeline is more your speed cuck. you don't need 4wd or awd. just get snow tires if that's your reasoning.

You must be a real cowboy, Tex. I bet you dip Copenhagen snuff and wear cowboy boots despite being from an upper middle class family of office workers. Kill yourself.

Zr2

Go test drive first, tacos have a weirdly high floor. 2nd gen also have a vibration issue and highly sensitive to tire balance. Don't know if they fixed it in 3rd gen, but what do you care, your just planning to look at it.

I love the Zr2 but fuck the price tag. So much easier to just buy something older and build it up for half the price and be just as good off road. May not have all the modern tech but for something less than half the price I won't complain

The fit and finish of the 2017 Tacoma did not impress me, it felt tinny and 3.5 is anaemic. For some reason I think the 2016 was better built wich is what I have.

The 3k will be worth it for the taco. There is a reason those things have such high resell value; they're dead reliable.

Idk anything about the colorado; but you'll have GM electrical gremlins left and right at minimum.

This is all from a GM fan who hates tacomas. I wont ever buy one, but i respect the engineering.

You pay extra for build quality and longevity, plus, like you said, great resale value.

>5 speed labelled like its a unique feature

toyota, I don't think there is any competition. But since you don't care about offroad capability, then just pick the one that's more comfy.

No need for a truck, buy it fot work not look.

Tacos are expensive for a reason.

Between the two, the Taco.

Also looks gay af

As a chevy truck owner, if I had the opportunity, I'd pick a new taco over a nEw chevy.

im in the same situation but wanna haul stuff which one?

My question is why you are choosing a Colorado in the first place when the Silverado or F-150 isn't that much bigger or expensive.
The depreciation on modern truccs is also pretty annoying.

As someone who's compared most of the older truccs, I'd go taco > colorado any day.

The modern Chevrolet Colorado is what keeps me not sad that they are not releasing a new Ranger. Mainly since it'll either be like the Europoor/ Asian modern Ranger or it'll look like the monstrosity that Chebby is pumping out now. It's actually kinda sad seeing it decline to the disgusting curves ):

It also does not handle well offroad if you care about that kinda schtuff. If you do, ask here!

This looks so fucking cool. Why don't they sell it standard with no front bumper? They'd sell so many more and save like $20 per vehicle in plastic and paint